How to Find the Right Handmade Friendship Day Gift?
1. Ditch the Mainstream Online Shopping Sites
If you want to find out about the best friendship day gifts handmade online then you really need to up your research game here. The typical mainstream shopping portals like Amazon, Flipkart do not have great variety when it comes to handmade products. So, rather than wasting your time on them, you should prefer other portals which are especially dedicated to handmade gift items only. You can find a great and affordable deal out there too.
2. Browse Online for DIY Inspiration
DIY is something which comes as very struggling and stuff of hard-work to many. However, in reality when you really want to make someone feel special, putting some extra efforts do not seem that tricky. And hence, you can create something on your own and for your help, you can find a relevant guide on the internet or you can watch YouTube videos for the same.
3. Look to Pinterest for Help
When you are thinking about handmade gift ideas both online as well as for DIY, you just cannot afford to miss out from Pinterest. This one serves as the best portal for all sorts of creative and interesting ideas that you want in your life. You can find wonderful DIY gifts as well as online options on Pinterest and you might end up discovering something totally out of the box too.
5 Excellent Handmade Gift Ideas Online for Friendship Day
1. Personalised Leather Handmade Notebook
Make this Friendship Day super special for your pals by giving them a stunning personalized leather handmade notebook. A Notebook/diary/journal is something every single of us needs and giving them out to your friend will inspire them to keep things organized and planned. In fact, you can give it to anyone you want on any occasion. This is definitely a gift worth your attention and money for sure.
The best part about this handmade notebook is that you can get it customized. You can get an image or text printed on its leather cover along with the name of the person you are giving out this notebook too. Isn’t that great for friendship day? The notebook is comprised of 100 pages and a very sturdy and thick leather covering in brown colour on it. You can buy this awesome handmade leather notebook from igp.com for Rs. 820.
2. Handmade Explosion Box Gift
We have got you covered with probably the best friendship gifts for the best friend. An explosion box is something which requires lots and lots of hard work and efforts when you make it on your own. But what if you get to buy a handmade explosion box?
We have brought you the perfect friendship day gift in form of this multi-layered explosion box and that too handmade. It has got multiple layers inside and you can also place a small gift inside it if you want.
This colorful explosion box is full of spaces where you can stick the pictures of your friend. Or simple write a message on your own. You can customize and personalize it in whichever way you want. Buy this amazing explosion box from kraftly.com for Rs. 2,599.
3. Happy Friendship Day Cake
Someone who awfully fails at baking, buying a handmade cake would be the best option to go for. And we decided to help you out with it by picking a perfect chocolate cake for the occasion of friendship day. You can send it directly to your friends and the efforts required in it is zero. This truffle cake is available in multiple size option like 1/2kg, 1kg and 2kg. It comes with a tag of “Happy Friendship Day” attached to it. This marvellous truffle cake is just perfect to celebrate friendship day with your bestie. A bit of sweetness always goes a long way. You can order this truffle cake online from fnp.com for Rs. 549.
4. Handmade Chocolates
For a friend who is a complete chocolate addict, you cannot consider a better friendship day gift ideas handmade than premium quality chocolates. We picked an assorted chocolate box for your friend which is comprised of the amazing handmade chocolates. This box is full of square-shaped chocolates where each one of them is individually packed precisely. You can find the special packaging inside where each chocolate is placed carefully in the assorted space.
These are simple chocolates with no use of dry fruits inside. The purple square box in which they are packed looks gorgeous too. You can buy this handmade chocolate box for your friend from fnp.com for Rs. 999.
5. Personalised Name Cushion
Celebrate this friendship day by giving out something totally unique to your friend. So, we picked a name cushion for this need. This is a completely personalised gift where each letter of your friend’s name will be turned into a cushion and they will be stitched together to make a name pillow for your friend. However, the name must be limited to 4-5 alphabets so you can pick a nick name instead. You can also use an image instead but of high resolution only. Buy this amazing personalized name cushion from archiesonline.com for Rs. 899.
5 DIY Ideas for Creating Handmade Friendship Day Gift by Yourself
1. Pasta Frame
You cannot find something more unique for the friendship day gifts diy than a special Pasta frame for your friend. It is something you would love to experiment with and this pasta frame turns out to be super unique and super creative too. You can check out in the steps that how to make it.
What You Need
- Strong glue and clear varnish
- Cardboard and the photograph
- Acrylic paint
How to Make It
- Paste the picture of you and your friend on the cardboard, keeping broad border of the cardboard.
- Apply strong glue on the remaining area of the cardboard and stick the pasta on it as needed.
- Let it sit overnight and then apply clear varnish on the pasta for nice finish.
- You can use acrylic paint instead of clear varnish if you wish to paint the pasta. And the frame is ready.
2. Keyboard Art
Can you imagine that your old or out of order keyboard can turn out to be superbly amazing for you? You can even make a cute gift out of it for your friend or anyone you want. And interestingly, it requires very less effort to make this keyboard art piece for your friend.
What You Need
- Keys from the keyboard
- Spray paint for the plastic
- Dry transfer letter sheet
How to Make It
- Take out all the keys from the keyboard or according to your message required.
- Paint them with spray paint to hide the letters written over them. You can use the keys according to the message “Happy Friendship Day”.
- Stick the dry transfer letters on these keys to form the message.
- Stick the keys on a cardboard to form a frame or you can use them according to your wish.
3. Chocolate Chip Cookies
For this friend who have a sweet tooth, you cannot find any other friendship day gifts handmade online better than some DIY cookies. The chocolate chip cookies mentioned right below is more than amazing and any friend would love to receive it as a gift.
What You Need
- 3 Cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon of baking soda and fine sea salt
- 2 Sticks of unsalted butter and 2 large eggs
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar and 1¼ cups of light brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoon of vanilla and 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven on 350 degree F. Now take a bowl and add flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Take butte, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a bowl and beat them with electric mixer for 2 minutes until the mixture is super soft.
- Add vanilla, eggs and gradually add flour mix into this mix and keep on beating to make a dough.
- Make small balls out of this dough and drop on the baking sheets.
- Bake them for 15 minutes until they are of nice golden brown color and your cookies are ready to serve.
4. Yarn Orbs
We are quite sure that your friend might not even heard of yarn orbs before. It is quite interesting to see that you can create something very unique and beautiful décor piece out of simple yarn balls. Learn the process of yarn orbs creation and make something super beautiful for your friends.
What You Need
- Wool or yarn
How to Make It
- Take a bowl and empty out the glue in it. Now add some water to make a slightly flowy mixture.
- Take the yarn ball or wool ball and dip into this mixture entirely and take out one end of it.
- Now, take a moderately sized air filled balloon and start rolling around this yarn on it directly from the mixture. Keep on doing this until the whole ball of the yarn is used on a single balloon.
- Let it sit for a while until the yarn gets stiff. Now, blow the balloon.
- The orb is ready. You can prepare a great lamp out of it or simple use it for the decoration in your friend’s room.
5. Scrapbook for Bestie
Scrapbook is quite a cliché gift when you buy one from the market and hand it over to your friend just like that. But what if you make it on your own? Well, the fun will be twice than ever if you will create a scrapbook for your friend on your own. You can check out the steps right below.
What You Need
- Handmade paper and A4 sized colorful sheets.
- Adhesive and scissors
- Coloured pens
- Thread for tying
- Photographs of your friend and you
How to Make It
- Take the thick handmade sheet and cut it out horizontally long to make the cover of the scrapbook.
- Now, take a sheet from each color to make the remaining papers of the scrapbook inside.
- Stick out the pictures of you and your friend and write amazing messages for him/her inside through colorful pens.
- Write out Happy Friendship Day on the cover of the scrapbook.
- Make a hole in each of the sheets including that of the handmade one for cover. Tie them together through the thread and you are good to go.
There are Other Ways to Make Your Best Friends Feel Special
We really hope that you would have liked our curated section of wonderful friendship day gifts handmade online as well as DIY. But if you are looking for more out of the box ideas then you should take a look at this bonus section. It is comprised of some additional ideas which surely require more efforts but will be worth of your time too.
1. Make a Greeting Card Or Order One Online
The most common idea that you can think of for friendship day is to make a greeting card for your friend. Either make it on your own or just order one online. You can find amazing handmade greeting cards online which are way better than those of typical digitally printed cards. The best idea would be to make one on your own. Not only that it will add a personalized touch to your gift but it is also quite easy to make too. You can check out Pinterest for more inspiration.
2. Make a Band by Yourself
How can we forget about Friendship Bands when it comes to Friendship Day. You can find thousands of variety in these bands when you will be buying them online or from the market nearby. But rather than investing into something repetitive, you should better make something which is one of its kind. Making a friendship band is absolutely simple too and you would be glad that you did it for your friend.
3. Sketch Their Picture
If you are into sketching a bit then what else can be a better idea than making a sketch of your friend on your own? The grid method of dividing the picture into several parts is a perfect idea for carrying out a sketch. You can also go for digital sketching through various software but it will be quite technical for a beginner. You can find simple tips for sketching online and make sure to frame it for a perfect portrait.
Give Something Simple,Yet the Best Gift to Your Friend
The best birthday gifts for friends are the ones that are unique and given with love and genuine affection, rather than those given out of obligation. I highlight this point because it is so easy today to simply grab a gift card at the checkout line of your local retailer and pass it off as a gift. Think about how you feel when someone gives you something disingenuous. You wonder why they even bothered.
Choosing a gift that shows you put some thought and effort into it, such as a handmade present, demonstrates to its recipient that you truly care about them. And it doesn’t have to be anything fancy either, just a heartfelt attempt on your part to craft something special for them. But what if you’re not the crafty type? That’s easily remedied by hopping onto the internet and finding an artisan website or web-based platform like, that allow you to fully customise your unique gift to be handcrafted on your behalf. By choosing this type of gift, you can truly personalise it and capture the essence of your friend’s personality, likes, and interests.