Everything You Need to Know about Food Party Favors
We have been taught to say thank you when some has been nice to you or have done something nice for you, therefore, we know that saying thank you is important. One of the ways of saying thank you after a wedding or a party is giving away party favors. It is the best way to say thank you for the guests to taking out time and coming to bless you on your special day.
Earlier people used to hand out money as party favors but now there are many different ways through which you can show your appreciation to your guests for attending an event hosted by you. People give out edible things, decorations, and many other creative things as party favors. Buying party favors is a fun task as well as it lets you show your personality through the gifts you buy. It can be a great fun time with friends when you can sit together and rack your brain on what to buy. Party favors should be great gifts and not burn a hole in your pocket.
The best way to buy party favors is by buying it in bulk as it will save a lot of time and money. If you are planning to give away edible items then you should also keep in mind to buy things which are liked by most of the people and are easily available in the market.
The next thing you should keep in mind is the packaging of the favor. It should be tightly packed in a secure way so that it does not break or rot before you give it out to your guests. You can find different packing boxes, bags, etc which look very creative. You can choose the colors according to the theme of the wedding to make it look more festive.
Tips on How to Choose Party Favors
Here are a few tips before you head out to the market to do a party favor shopping with your best friend. It will help you decide which one is the best for your party.
- Choosing a party favor and its packing according to the theme of the party is always a good idea. It can turn into a memorable piece of the special night not to mention it looks beautiful and creative.
- Always try to find a favor that reflects your personality. It could be a small and inexpensive gift as long as it is meaningful and reminds your guests of you.
- Try to find a useful party favor. You will be investing quite a good amount of money in buying these gifts, therefore, it is wise to buy something which will be useful to the guests. Buying something which won't be used or might end up in the trash after a few weeks is a sheer waste of money and time.
- Food is loved by all therefore buying an edible party favor is always a good idea and people love having something to munch on after the party. You can go for store-bought stuff or try making them at home to make it more special for your guests. You can always ask your friends to pitch in making them for you.
- If you like to be creative then you can try and create some mystery around your gifts. Pack them in a box so that they are not sure of what’s inside. They will love to tear out the box and find out what’s in the store for them.
- When you are clear on what you want to buy you should try it before handing out to your guests especially if it is a food item. Always order them a month or two before the party so that you can check them out and exchange or return them if needed.
- Buying a party favor and packing is not all; you also need to plan the display of the gifts. You can hand them out anytime during the party depending on what’s inside. Decorate a neat corner with a decorated table and place your gifts on it, ask your guests to take one when they are going back home or coming into the party.
Ideas for Edible Party Favors
We have compiled a list of things you can use as a party favor for your next bash. You can go through them and choose which one suits you best according to your budget and season.
Indian food is incomplete without a spoon full of pickles. Pickles are great and are loved by all. They come very handy at home. They are one of the most useful things you can give your guests and they will think of you every time they taste it. There are many different kinds of pickles in the market for you to choose from or you can simply make them at home and pack them in beautifully decorated jars.
Check out the mango homemade pickle from The Little Farm co. The cost of one jar is Rs. 250 and you can buy it from qtrove.com. This traditional mango pickle is made with homemade spices and is mouth-watering. Your guests will love the smell of it as soon as they open the jar.
Another great homemade pickle is the Sweet Lemon Pickle. You can buy it from jayashrihomemades.com for Rs. 160 for 350 gm. This sweet lemon pickle is to die for.
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
There were times when peanut butter cups were something to just think about. They were not available in the Indian market and were very expensive too. They are a tasty treat and are very easy to make. You can buy them online but if you want to give them out as party favors then it is advisable to make them at home because they are still quite expensive. Plus if you make them at home you can eat all you want without having to worry about running out of them. Here is a simple recipe for how you can make them at home with your friends and have fun.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- Take 1/2 cup peanut butter, confectioners’ sugar, butter, and salt and mix them together until it's nice and smooth
- Melt the chocolate chips, candy bars and the rest of the peanut butter in a microwave and stir them nicely
- Take a tsp of this mixture and drop it into paper-lined mini muffin cups
- Take half a tsp of the peanut butter mixture and drop it in the middle of the chocolate mix
- Now top it with the chocolate mixture again
- You can decorate it with sprinkles if you like
- Refrigerate until they are set and store them in an airtight container
- Pack them in beautiful boxes or mason jars and hand them out as party favors to your guests.
If you want to turn your party favor into a memorable piece you can buy customized gifts. There are many options available in the market. Earlier people used to make customized bags with the name of the bride and groom but they turn out to be not very useful. Now you can buy things with the name of the guests on the gifts to make it special for them. You can buy personalized mugs or glasses which can be used again and again, you can also fill them up with coffee beans or snacks and hand them out.
Check out these cute shot glasses. They come in a pair and can be bought for Rs. 599 from fnp.com. So, next time when your guest pours a drink for themselves they will think of you and thank you for the personalized glasses.
Are you health conscious? Well, this can be a good time to tell your friends about the benefit of staying healthy. You can choose to give them honey jars. Honey is known for its medicinal properties and it tastes super. You can simply buy honey from a local shop and pack them in cute little bottles and decorate them to make them look festive but it can get a little messy. Or you can order them online.
The Real Cinnamon Imbedded Honey is a great gift for your guests. It is a Sri Lankan honey with a subtle flavor of Cinnamon which makes it extra tasty. You can buy it for Rs. 499 for a bottle of 325 grams from sprig.co.in.
Another great tasting honey is the Himalayan white honey. It is unpasteurized organic honey which is collected from the forests of Kashmir. It has a distinct taste to it. White honey is loaded with antioxidants and is great for your immunity. Your guests will appreciate this thoughtful gift from you after a party. You can buy it for Rs. 379 for a bottle of 250 gram from seniority.in.
Macarons have recently become very popular as party favors. They look great and taste even better. They come packed in pretty boxes and make perfect gifts. You can buy a box of macarons for Rs. 500 from snackishq.com. These macarons are very popular around the world due to its versatile flavor. They taste great as they are crunchy from the outside but very soft inside. Eating them is a bliss. This box contains macarons in different flavors like rasamalai, rose lychee, blueberry cheesecake, hazelnut chocolate, salted caramel, and mango passion fruit macarons.
We all love fudge and if your wedding or party is in the winter then giving out fudge can be a great way to appreciate your guests. You can make them at home which is not very difficult but is a little time taking or you can simply order them online and pack them in pretty boxes. They are loved by people of all ages. Your guests will relish it once they get home and take a bite into it.
You can buy this great tasting Choco Walnut Fudge at Rs. 340 for 300 grams. The smooth and nutty fudge simply melts into your mouth and add a glass of milk or hot coffee with it, it turns into a super snack. Your guests will surely love it. Buy it from nativebag.com.
When you hear of candy your heart goes Yeeaa! Everyone loves candy regardless of age. Although there are many different types of foreign candies available in the market but handing out some desi candy to your guests will help them go right back into their childhood. They come neatly packed in beautiful boxes and make a perfect party favor.
Check out the Desi Popz Real Aam. Mango is the king of all fruits and everybody loves them. This great box of candy has lollipops with a desi twist. They are made with ripe mangoes, jaggery, and Indian spices which give it a perfect taste of sweet, sour, and tanginess. You can buy a box of 40 candies for Rs. 250 from godesi.in. The best part about buying these candies is that you will be supporting several self-help groups of rural women, 30% of the amount you spend of these candies goes right back to them to help them out. They are completely natural with no added sugar or preservatives.
Tea, Coffee and Mugs
Another great idea of party favor is a tea or coffee bag or a hamper. They are loved by all and make excellent gifts as they are very useful. You can add in a mug with it to make it complete. India is known for its tea and coffee flavors and your party could be the best time to introduce your guests with one of the flavors.
You can buy India's Original Masala Chai Tea which has 15 Tea Bags in it. It is a traditional blend of Assam CTC with a myriad of aromatic Indian spices like cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper, and cloves. Just a cup of this tea can make your dull morning into an energetic one. You can buy it for Rs. 200 from vahdamteas.in.
If you are a coffee lover and share your love with your guests then opt for the Tariero Artisan Roastery Playful Gift Box. The box has 50 g of freshly roasted and ground coffee with flavors like choco fudge, french vanilla, toasted praline, tiramisu and Baileys Irish cream. Your guests are going to love you moon and back for this wonderful party favor. Buy it for Rs. 575 from tariero.com.
Flavoured Sugars and Salts
If you are known as the chef of the friend circle then you can buy a gift related to cooking for your guests. It is a perfect time to show them your special side. You can buy flavored sugar and salt for your guests. India is known for its spices and sugar and salts for making gourmet food. There are tons of different flavors to choose from and they can turn a simple dish into a gourmet just by adding a pinch of it.
You can buy Coconut Sugar Mingled with a Quartet of Brown Spices for Rs. 399 for a pack of 175 g from sprig.co.in. Your guests can add a tsp of this great tasting sugar to their morning coffee and enjoy it. It has a mix flavor of cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and star anise. It is also great for diabetes as it has a lower glycemic index which helps in maintaining the blood sugar levels.
You can also think about getting Neotea 100% Natural Lemon Salt for Rs. 599 for a pack of 200g. The salt has a great lemony flavor and can enhance any dish in an instant. Your guests will love to try it next time they are cooking. You can buy it from flipkart.com.
A Variety of Chocolate Wedding Favors
A party is incomplete without chocolates. There are tons of different chocolates in the market. They come nicely packed in beautiful packets and boxes and make a great gift. You can buy the Assorted Chocolate Coated Nuts & Beans box for Rs. 720 from fnp.com and watch your friends gobble it down before the party ends.
Go for Something Local!
Food party favours are a hit with every guest regardless of age. Guests will be glad to pick something for the way home; something delicious that reminds of the good times past. Candy jars are always a hit. Same goes for baked goods like macrons, donuts and cupcakes. If you are having a destination wedding, you can arrange for something local like wines or honey. They retain their flavour for a long time and would also serve as a reminder or the fun times and the occasion when everyone came together. Do not forget to personalize it!