The Experience of Liquor without the Taste
Most of us want to have a change in our lives, and enjoyment means opening up a bottle of liquor. But we also need a change in this routine. Moreover, some of us may not like the strong flavour of alcohol and would like something milder. It is this time when we look out for cocktails. They are a welcome change for your taste buds where we can have liquor but without the taste of it. Or rather the taste of alcohol gets muddled in the taste of sweeter juices and syrups.
We love to have juices, and it is ideal for our health. The health freaks are also moving towards having cocktails as they can keep the calories in check. The garnishes with fruits also ensure that you can have something nutritious after finishing your drink.
Understanding the Science of Cocktails
Ascertain the Important Ingredients
You must keep in mind that making a cocktail is not about having it as a welcome change to the taste buds or it is mischief-making at its best. The essential ingredients of a cocktail must be ascertained – and it is always the alcohol. The alcohol content must not be suppressed with other juices and colas while preparing it.
Also, patrons love their cocktail chilled. Hence ice is another ingredient that must be present in adequate quantity. Ice can also be used to dilute the cocktail if someone desires so.
Keep the Alcohol at a Balanced Level
While making a cocktail, always ensure that the alcohol is within limits. The ideal measure is to have a single shot of alcohol, which is enough for making a glass of the cocktail. It will prevent you from having a hangover after having it.
You must always add natural juices or at least ones that claim to be 100% real fruit juice. It will help to curb the added sugars and thereby, the added calories. The cocktail must be balanced – the taste should not be biased towards the alcohol content, nor should it be too sweet.
Shake the Cocktail if it has a Juice
Cocktails are ideally blended with a juice, and it is primarily fruit juice. Mixers need to combine the ingredients well to prevent a prevailing taste of either the alcohol or the juice. Patrons love a cocktail because the drink blends smoothly with the juice that gives a unique flavor to each one. An experienced mixer will know this and shake the ingredients just enough so that they blend well.
Use Whole Fruits and Fresh Herbs
People have cocktails as a change to their palates and the reason that healthy fruits and herbs are added as ingredients. One reason to add fresh fruits is that they will keep the patrons cool once they have the cocktail and they can have something nutritious to have after finishing it. Having fruits containing fiber can also reduce the level of hunger and prevent people from asking for another cocktail. Fresh herbs are ideal to be added as they do not need additional sugar, and there are plenty of options available too.
Presenting the Cocktail assumes Significance
While having the proper ingredients in a cocktail is essential, but a lot depends on how you present it. An experienced mixer can tell you about the importance of every activity done in garnishing the cocktail. The lemons and fruits need to be cut perfectly to ensure that the garnishing is correct. It is the same reason why the martini glass needs to be dipped in salt for an additional amount of flavor to your cocktail. The glass used to fill the drink and the fancy straws can only add to the presentation of the drink.
Best Cocktail Juices in 2020
Are you planning something unique for your upcoming birthday or wedding anniversary? And, are you confused about what to serve at the party? Look no further. Serving exquisite cocktails are ideal at any party to cater to your guests. We have created a list of cocktails that you can serve at your party. These drinks have been the brainchild of renowned bartenders and mixers.
Most of us try to taste cocktails only to have a refreshing change for our taste buds. Renowned mixers prepare them, but only with ingredients that are easy to find. This one will attract patrons round the year and is ideal for those who are finding their first steps in having alcohol. The combination of Assam tea with apple juice blended with alcohol brings a color that is too bright.
- 60ml Assam tea
- Fresh apple chunks
- 60ml whisky
- Green apple syrup
- 20ml apple juice
- Maple spice syrup
- Cloves – as needed
- Cinnamon – as needed
How to make
- Take a shaker and add some cloves and cinnamon.
- Then add the maple spice syrup, apple juice, green apple syrup. The Assam tea and whisky also needs to be added. Always take premium whisky as it has a smoother taste.
- Finally, add some apple chunks and some ice cubes.
- Take a strain the mixture into a glass. Garnish with slices of apple and some more ice cubes.
Cocktails are for all sexes, but there are a few that are specifically preferred by women. Probably because of the sweetness or the content of vodka in it. It grew in popularity after the television series Sex and the City. It is laden with delicious fruit juice blended with vodka. This drink is quite easy to make at home too.
- 45 ml Cranberry juice
- 45 ml Vodka
- ¼ cup triple sec
- ¼ cup lime juice
How to make
- Take a cocktail shaker and start by pouring the cranberry juice followed by the vodka, lime juice and triple sec.
- Combine the ingredients by shaking them together after adding some ice.
- Take a small orange peel, extract the essence and drop it as a garnish.
You can cool yourself with this toddy that has a brandy base. While whiskey and rum can also be used, but brandy is the ideal choice for a toddy. The cocktail is laden with sweeteners and spices like cinnamon and cardamom.
- 10-12 orange peel
- 10ml honey
- 2 star anise
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 crushed green cardamom
- 30ml apple juice
- 5ml lemon juice
- 3-4 lime slices
- 60ml house brandy
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 150ml piping hot water, or as needed
How to make
- Take some drinking water and boil it. Pour it in a big bowl and keep aside.
- Take the rest of the ingredients including the spices, honey, brandy, lime juice, etc. and add it into the bowl. Stir till the honey blends into the hot water.
- Also, put the orange peels into the bowl of hot water and keep it for some time. Then take a sieve to separate the solid substances.
- Pour the mixture into cocktail glasses and have it.
It has all the ingredients for its great taste and patrons of cocktails like it. Even those trying cocktails for a change continue with it for a long time. Use white rum as it will provide the sweet taste that is a characteristic for this cocktail. The sweet vermouth adds to the sweetness while the lime juice makes it a bit tangy.
- 40 ml Bacardi white rum
- 45 ml Apricot brandy
- 45 ml pomegranate grenadine
- 40 ml Sweet Vermouth
- 35 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
How to make
- Take a cocktail shaker and add the Bacardi rum and to it add the sweet vermouth followed by the brandy and grenadine and shake till there is a smooth blend.
- Then add the lemon juice and shake again after adding some add cubes.
- Pour the mixture into a cocktail glass and serve chilled.
Blood and Sand
If you love scotch, you will love this cocktail too. This time-barred one has its name from the 1922 bullfighter movie Blood and Sand by Rudolph Valentino. The ingredients, when added in the correct proportions, make it a drink to remember. Adding it to your menu at a party will keep your guests asking for more.
- 15 ml Scotch whisky
- 15 ml cherry brandy
- 15 ml orange juice
- 15 ml sweet vermouth
How to make
- Start adding the ingredients into a cocktail shaker along with few ice cubes. You can start with any one of the liquids but try to keep the amounts in check.
- Strain the mixture into the glasses.
- You can garnish with slices of orange and serve chilled.
It is another cocktail that is quite renowned due to its unique taste. Though it is quite complex to make, you will vouch for its taste after having it. Many patrons prefer this cocktail. The ingredients include lots of hot sauces, along with the Worcestershire sauce.
- 30 ml Smirnoff No 21 Vodka
- Worcestershire Sauce, for taste
- 2 spoons Green Hot Sauce
- 2 spoons Red Hot Sauce
- 90 ml Tomato Juice
- 15 ml Lemon Juice
- Pepper, as needed
- Salt, as needed
How to make
- Add all the ingredients to a shaker and shake well. Also, add some pepper and salt as required.
- Also add few ice cubes and shake again.
- Strain the mixture into a cocktail glass and garnish with a stalk of celery.
Mixed Fruit Daiquiri
If you prefer a fruity cocktail, it could be among your choicest ones. It has a sweet taste and is blended with white rum. The freshness of fruits along with white rum makes it an ideal companion on a weekend afternoon.
- 3 cups white rum
- 2 cans frozen strawberry daiquiri mixer (You can use strawberries too)
- 1 apple, cut into pieces
- 2 spoons lime juice
- ½ orange, peeled and segmented
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, cut into pieces
- ½ cup mango, cut into pieces
How to make
- Take the fruits and cut into small pieces.
- Blend some ice cubes and the daiquiri mixer in a blender.
- Next, add the fruits after cutting into small pieces and blend until smooth.
- Add the white rum into the mixture and blend well.
- Strain the mixture and serve chilled.
- Garnish with mint leaves if you wish.
Screwdriver is a well-known cocktail in the party circuit. The characteristic yellow colour will attract you, and once you have it, you will want it the next time too. The drink is a blend of lime juice and vodka. There are numerous variations to the essential two-ingredient cocktail known by different names.
- Orange juice, as needed
- 60 ml vodka
How to make
- Take some ice cubes to fill the glass.
- Pour the vodka over it.
- Next, fill the glass with orange juice.
- Garnish with a few orange slices or mint leaves.
- To make the perfect Screwdriver, you must use premium vodka and fresh orange juice.
- You may take an orange and squeeze out the juice too.
A renowned liquor joint has mixed this one. If you try this signature cocktail once, you will look for it the next time too. Being true to its name, the Passion Bloomer incites the passion for having cocktails in you. The unique taste comes from blending premium vodka with juice from the passion fruit and other juices.
- 50 ml Smirnoff vodka
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 10 ml Elder Flower syrup
- 15 ml Passion Fruit mix
How to make
- Take a cocktail shaker and pour the ingredients one by one.
- Fill the shaker with ice cubes to the brim and shake well so that the ingredients mix thoroughly.
- Strain the mixture and pour in a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an orange or lemon.
It is another renowned cocktail that uses scotch as a major ingredient. The scotch finds itself with a blend of cinnamon and apples, giving a unique flavor. It will keep your energy levels at the highest level throughout the weekend.
- 40 ml JW Red Label
- 40 ml apple juice
- 20 ml cinnamon syrup
How to make
- Fill a glass with ice and add the scotch, cinnamon syrup, and apple juice.
- Mix the ingredients well by pouring in a shaker if needed.
- Garnish by using a cinnamon stick.
Freshen up Your Guests in 2020 with these Refreshing and Healthy Cocktails
Alcoholic drinks are at the heart of every get together. But sometimes, you need to shake things up a bit and move away from the traditional drinks. Throw a party this year and serve these refreshing cocktails to your friends so that they remember it forever!