Advantages of Having a Home Gym
Physical activity is very important for the body. It keeps the body fit and healthy. Since half of the world is under lockdown due to the spread of Covid-19 people are not able to go to the gym and therefore are concerned about their health. There is always a solution to the problem and the option here is to have a home gym for yourself. There are many advantages of having a gym right at home like:
- You won't have to wait for the gym to open up, you can workout whenever you want.
- You can listen to your favourite music while you do your exercise without worrying about anyone changing it.
- Although buying gym equipment is expensive but it will cost lesser than a year of membership in the gyms. If you take proper care of your gym equipment you can use it for years.
- You will not be able to make excuses of why you couldn't go to the gym because it is right there at your home. You can exercise comfortably even during winters or monsoon without having to go outside.
- Another great reason to have a gym at home is that you don't have to share your equipment with strangers, you won't have to put up with dirty, sweaty or germ loaded machines.
Things to Ponder on Before Buying a Home Gym
If you are planning to buy gym equipment for a home gym you should know some of the basic things to consider while buying them. Here is a list of the things you should look out for before investing on gym equipment:
- You should know the difference between the types of fitness equipment available in the market. You will find cardio fitness and strength machines which are mostly stationary bicycles, treadmills, rowing machines, elliptical trainers, stair steppers, dumbbells, barbells, etc. Look for what kind of workout you need and buy the specific machines according to your requirement.
- Make proper space to place the equipment before buying them. You should designate a comfortable place in a room to put your equipment; the room should be properly ventilated and should have enough space to move around freely.
- Buying expensive equipment does not guarantee good exercise. Always keep your budget in mind before investing in gym equipment. It is important to check out the quality of the equipment which can easily be done through checking the ratings and reviews on the internet. You can also check out some sites which sell second hand equipment to save money.
- Try to buy the gym equipment from reputed stores for better quality and durability. These machines meet the safety standards and will let you exercise without causing harm or injuries.
- Look for warranties, installation and maintenance support of the machines.
Best Home Gym
If you want to work your whole body in your home gym then this excellent and durable PowerMax GH-285 would be a good option for you. This home gym is made of steel with padding to make your exercise routine as comfortable as possible. It is a great gym for the whole family as it can be adjusted as per your needs.
The PowerMax GH-285 comes with a bench press, leg curl station and a low/high functional training station, seated press barrow, seated shoulder row, upright row, dip arm, leg kick back, standing leg curl and standing shoulder knee raise. You also get an adjustable preacher curl bicep pad and a high and low pulley for you to get the maximum workout from one machine itself. You will get a full-body workout because of the space station with range limiters which lets you work out your deeper muscles and get faster results.
This home gym does not only give you the best results but is very stylish as well. It has a steel and PVC construction with a powder-coated finish for durability. The weight of the machine is 120 kg. The machine comes with a 2-year limited manufacturing warranty on parts. You can buy this excellent home gym for ₹ 44,194.00 from Power Max and it will be available after the lockdown.
Lifeline HG 002 Square Home Gym
Lifeline is a famous manufacturing company when it comes to fitness products. If you are looking for building strength then buying the Lifeline HG 002 Square Home Gym would be a good choice for you. This home gym comes with more than 18 exercise options like chest extension, high pull, low pull, rowing, pac-deck, leg extension, etc. It is made of heavy duty steel tube construction and is very simple to use. It is also quite compact, therefore you can easily put it in your living room without taking up too much space. Installing this home gym is very easy as it comes with an easy-to-read manual or you can ask for a YouTube installation video link and install it without any hassles. You can buy this home gym from Amazon after they restore their services.
Bodylean Series 7 Smith Machine
Another great home gym is the Bodylean Series 7 Smith Machine. This home gym is an excellent equipment to stay fit while you stay at home. This machine makes it easy for you to do squats and dead-lifts and by adding a bench you can do bench presses as well. It comes with a bar which is fixed with the machine having vertical support and the built-in attach bar has a hook for you to stop it on vertical support.
The Bodylean Series 7 Smith Machine comes with a free-weight gun rack system with 14 lift-off and racking positions and is easy to control as it weighs only 25 Lbs (about 11.5 kg). The frame of the machine is made of heavy duty steel with electrostatic powder coated finish which makes it highly durable and safe to use. This wonderful home gym is available on Amazon for ₹ 26,999.00
Kamachi Home Gym HG-44
The Kamachi Home Gym HG-44 is another very classy machine for strength training and bodybuilding at home. It is made of heavy gauge construction. The good part about buying this machine is that four different people can use this machine at the same time; it has adjustments which can be used for people of different sizes. You can do a variety of exercises like seated bench press, butterfly (pac-deck), lot pull back, lot pull front, bent over pulley, leg extensions, leg curl, triceps extensions, preacher curl, forearm curl, military press, bear deltoids and crunches. The price of this machine is a little on the higher side but it comes with great features and your whole family can use it without having to buy different machines or equipment for each person. It is compact and weighs 110 kg and comes with adjustable weights. Buying the Kamachi Home Gym HG-44 can be a great purchase for keeping your family fit. You can buy it for ₹ 67,000.00 from Sporting8.
Hashtag Fitness Home Gym Combo
The Hashtag Fitness Home Gym Combo is a great alternative if you want to buy a home gym at an affordable price. This product will give you a 20-in-1 bench with 80 kg PVC weight home gym set which is excellent for people looking to stay fit during the lockdown. The combo comes with 80 kg PVC weight (10 Kg x 4 nos., 5 Kg x 4 nos., 3 Kg x 4 nos., 2 Kg x 4 nos. = Total 80 Kg), 1 x 4 ft professional curl rod (weight capacity up to 80 kg) And 5 ft straight rod (weight capacity up to 140 kg), and a 4 ft straight rod. It also has a pair of dumbbell rods, hand gripper, hand gloves, skipping rope and 1 gym belt. You will also get assembly tools and a guide for easy assembly at home.
With so many different things in this combo you can do a variety of exercises like incline, decline, flat, leg curl and leg extension, chest press/butterfly, lat pull-down, ground pulley and dips, arm curl and more. Go ahead and buy this great Hashtag Fitness Home Gym Combo for ₹ 15,469.00 from Hashtag Fitness.
Kobo Steel Multi-Exercise Single Station Home Gym (MHG-1002)
Kobo Steel Multi-Exercise Single Station Home Gym (MHG-1002) is a great home gym machine which is a single weight stack machine in which you can do great exercises at home. This machine is made of normal steel but heavy gauge steel has been used for its construction. If you are tired of running to and fro from the gym amidst traffic then buying the Kobo Steel Multi-Exercise Single Station Home Gym is a great machine to buy.
This machine lets you do a variety of exercises in the comfort of your home. You can do seated bench press, butterfly (pac-deck), lat pull back, lat pull front, bent over pulley, leg extensions, leg curl (single leg), triceps extensions, preacher curl, forearm curl, military press, rear deltoids, crunches and ab exercises. You can buy this great home gym for just ₹ 16,499.00 from Kobo.
BodyBoss 2.0 Home Gym
If you are looking for a stylish and compact home gym and are tired of all the bulky, space occupying machines, then you should look at the BodyBoss 2.0 Home Gym. It is a wonderful portable gym for people of all ages. It is great for people looking for the best equipment for easy workout for their upper and lower body all-in-one.
You get a vectrofit base, collapsible workout bar, resistance bands, handles and limb straps. You can simply pack everything together and take it with you anywhere you want, without having to carry all the weights, etc. with you. The fold up platform lets you increase or decrease the level of difficulty you want in your exercises. The best part is that it is highly affordable. You only pay ₹ 9,900.00 and can buy it from Kartfury.
Home Gym Equipment Maintenance Tips
Buying a home gym could be a big investment therefore you will need to take proper care of your equipment for you to be able to use it for a long time. Here are a few tips on how you can maintain your workout equipment and prolong its lifespan:
- Cleaning your gym equipment regularly is very important. You should buy a gym wipe dispenser and sports cleaning spray for effective cleaning. Also, read the cleaning instructions carefully and use the correct cleaning products as using the wrong cleaning agents may cause rust and other damages.
- Make sure you dust your equipment daily to prevent clogging in the vents or the dust accumulating on the nuts and bolts. Also, always wipe the equipment with a dry towel before and after use, to eliminate germs breeding on its surface.
- Every equipment comes with a manual which states how to properly maintain the equipment, therefore you should read the manual carefully and follow the instructions.
- Always oil the moving parts once a month. Also check the oil reservoirs which most of the high-end cardio machines have.
- Taking care of the equipment is essential but it is also important to keep an eye on the gym floor. Your floor should be strong enough to bear the load of the machine. You should use sports vinyl to make the floor non-slippery. You should sweep and mop the floor regularly with an antibacterial product to remove germs, etc. from the floor to make it adequately clean for press-ups and burpees.
- You can find many home gyms equipped with recent technologies like there are machines that can measure your speed, heart rate and the amount of calories burnt. These type of machines need a little more care. You should also update the software regularly and always protect the electronic parts of the machine from water and sweat.
Home Gym – An Investment in Your Health and Fitness
The initial cost of a home gym might appear daunting for some of you. But if you consider the savings that you will accrue on your annual gym memberships, commuting costs and time, buying a home gym will be a much better investment in your health and fitness in the long run. We hope this BP Guide would have helped you decide which home gym will best suit your requirements. Stay connected with us for more such engaging content.