Mocktails Offer A Healthier Option
Staying healthy encompasses lots of independent activities, and having a balanced diet while avoiding unhealthy and junk food is one of them. We must have the right foods, and during the summer months, we need to have a diet that will be easy to digest and keep our body and mind cool as well.
Having food rich in water content is vital to stay hydrated during the warm summer months. Healthy eating helps to control weight and improves your mood too. Your energy is boosted and combats disease.
Mocktails are made from normal constituents like fruits, vegetables, herbs and spices that help you look better and provides additional confidence to people. If you are down due to the heat outside, you can easily make a mocktail for yourself and friends. We have enlisted some of the delicious and healthy mocktail recipes for you. You can choose any one of the recipes and have it chilled!
How are Mocktails Healthy
The Ingredients Are Beneficial For Us
The ingredients are beneficial for your health as they contain fresh fruits as ingredients. Most mocktails are made using citrus fruits that are rich in vitamins. You can also replace the sugar content by using natural sugars of various fruits like apple, pomegranate, grapefruits, etc.
Other ingredients are vegetables and herbs that help to keep the body and mind cool during the summer months. They are also rich in many vitamins and minerals. It is also said that the more colorful the mocktails are, the healthier they are. It is because the colors are from natural ingredients like fruits and vegetables that are nutritious too.
They Are Hydrating
It is in your best interests to avoid any alcohol during summer as it dehydrates the body. They act as a diuretic and causes a lot of urination that decreases the quantity of water in the body. But does no alcohol mean your parties have to be boring? Not entirely, with the mocktails. The people, in general, love them, and the alcoholics love them too.
Apart from being nutritious, mocktails are hydrating due to the base ingredients are fruits and vegetables that are natural sources of fluids and help to keep your body fresh. The other ingredients, like coconut water and herbs like mint, can help to keep a cool head during the warm summer. A glass of chilled mocktail is ideal during a hot summer afternoon.
Mocktails Are Safe
Alcohols are addictive as they release endorphins that create a false sensation of happiness in the brain. It leads to addiction in some people. Alcohol also has a few side effects that affect our health too. Mocktails, on the other hand, do not have any harmful ingredients like alcohol; but are made from nutritious fruits and vegetables.
As mocktails do not contain any harmful substances, it is considered the same for children as well as elders. Pregnant women need to stay within certain restrictions, and consuming alcohol is one of them. However, mocktails pose no such risk and are considered safe. However, they must consider whether the other ingredients are safe. They need to keep in mind the restrictions imposed by their gynaecologist.
Easy to Make
Mocktails are easy to make with the ingredients being available at the local markets or groceries. The recipes are also quite straightforward and can be made at home too. All you need is a refrigerator to keep the ingredients fresh and also because the mocktails need a lot of ice.
You can make them quickly but need to be an expert in mixing the ingredients. For mocktails, the taste lies in the mixing of the various substances in the exact amount. It is usually made from fruits and vegetables, and you can also restrict the amount of sugar used. These ingredients come cheap, and you can easily procure them.
Best Mocktail Recipes That are Also Healthy for 2020
Mocktails are refreshing beverages that can rejuvenate you during the hot summers. You can use readily available substances to serve chilled drinks to your family and friends. The blends are so strong that you will not miss the alcohol. And it will also help you stay healthy during the cruel weather!
Pomegranate Lime Spritzer
Pomegranates are good to have during the harsh summers. They are rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C. They also help in the prevention of cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. It tastes better when mixed with lime and is a delicious holiday drink.
- ¼ lemon, being cut into four
- Pomegranate juice, as needed
- 1 cup of sparkling water
- Cut open the pomegranate and take a few of the seeds in a blender and mix. Remove the pulp and keep it aside.
- Add the cup of sparkling water into some of the pomegranate juice and pour some ice cubes.
- Take the lime juice and add it to the drink and serve chilled.
How to make
Cranberries are helpful for your health as they are abundant in Vitamin C along with antioxidants. This mocktail is a mix of several fruits that provide the added nutrition needed for your well-being. You also need to use apple juice for which you can use fresh apples.
- 100g cranberries
- 600ml sparkling apple juice
- 1 lime
- 500ml blood orange juice
- 100ml cranberry juice
- Take the cranberries, soak them in water and refrigerate them.
- Mix the lime, cranberry, and orange juice in a shaker and refrigerate till the cranberries freeze.
- Break the frozen plate and pour them into glasses. Pour the rest of the mixture in each of the glasses along with the sparkling apple juice.
- Add some more ice cubes and garnish with lime wedges.
How to make
Strawberry Orange Mango Kombucha Mocktail
With the summer warming up, this mocktail will soothe your mind and keep you fresh. It contains several fruits that will keep you healthy too. This mocktail also finds in place in the starter menu of several parties. It does not contain any soda that is avoided by the health-conscious.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups of 100% mango and orange juice
- 2 450 ml bottles of unflavored original Kombucha, or take as required
- You may use fresh mangoes and orange instead of the juice.
- Chop the frozen fruits and keep them aside.
- Take all the cut fruits in a blender and blend well.
- When they are thoroughly blended, pour them in a shaker and add the required amount of Kombucha. Shake well for a complete mix.
- Pour into glasses along with some ice cubes. Garnish with mango or orange pieces.
How to make
Coconut Mojito Mocktail
It is a sweet and refreshing drink to cool yourself in summer. You must use light coconut milk; else it will be thicker. Those who have it once fall in love with it.
- 240 ml lime flavored carbonated water
- 1 small lime, sliced
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- Mint leaves, as needed
- Take the glass and out some mint leaves in it.
- Squeeze the juice from the lime into a shaker.
- Pour the coconut milk and the mint leaves into the shaker and shake well for a complete mix.
- Add some ice into the glasses and pour some of the liquid into the glass.
- Top the glass with carbonated water. You can garnish with few mint leaves and lime slices.
- You can run the edge of the glass over a slice of lime. Then dip the glass in a dish full of sea salt.
How to make
What better in the harsh summer than a slice of refreshing, fresh watermelon! It is the ingredient of numerous fruit salads, juices and smoothies during the summer months. The mix of coconut water with sweet watermelons is what you will need in the hot weather. It has been topped off with some fresh lime.
- 3 cups of chilled watermelon, cut into cubes
- 1 cup of coconut water
- Fresh lime juice, as needed
- Peel some frozen watermelon and cut into cubes.
- Take the coconut water and watermelon cubes and put in a blender. Turn it on and blend till it is smooth.
- Add the fresh lime juice for added taste.
- Once there is a proper mix, pour into glasses along with some ice cubes. Put some sprigs of mint leaves for garnishing.
How to make
Mocktails are not as bland as you may think, and pomegranates can also make excellent and delicious mocktails. They are nutritious too and are rich in vitamins. When mixed with lime and mint, the taste of the mocktail increases manifold.
- 500ml lemonade
- 2 limes, each cut into four
- 1-litre pomegranate juice
- 3 spoons of pomegranate seeds
- A bunch of mint leaves
- Put some of the pomegranate seeds in an ice tray, fill with water and freeze them.
- Squeeze the lime and make a paste of the mint leaves.
- Take the remaining portion of mint leaves and lime pieces and put into a shaker.
- Add the pomegranate juice and lemonade into the shaker and shake well for the right mix.
- Strain the liquid over the mocktail glasses and place a few ice cubes.
- Garnish with the slices of lime and some mint leaves.
How to make
It is smooth and delicious and has that attractive pink color that is bound to attract more patrons. It forms a part of most celebrations and brings a smile on people's faces. The combination of frozen strawberries with tangy pineapple juice is too right to resist.
- 6-7 strawberries, pureed
- 120 ml pineapple juice
- Club Soda/ Sprite/ 7-Up
- Light Whipped cream
- If you wish to use fresh pineapples, cut them into small pieces and put them in a blender along with the strawberries and blend well.
- Take a shaker and put the blended liquid, some amount of whipped cream and few ice cubes.
- Shake it till it is smooth and pour into glasses.
- Add some more whipped cream, if needed, and serve.
How to make
The Arizona Sunset is preferred in the warmer weather, and its color too is identical to the setting sun. People of all ages prefer it on a sunny summer afternoon. It gets its pleasant sweet taste from the oranges that are rich in vitamins as well.
- Grenadine syrup
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 cup soft drink – 7-Up or Sprite
- Peel the oranges and squeeze them for a cup of orange juice.
- Take a small pitcher and stir the orange juice and Sprite/ 7-Up together.
- Take a few ice cubes in a glass and pour some grenadine over the ice.
- Pill the rest of the glass with the mixed juice.
- You may garnish with orange pieces.
How to make
Honeydew Mint Cooler
You need only three ingredients, but this mocktail is as fresh as others. The refreshing melons are mixed with mint and bubbled over with some soda. It helps to create the bubbly sensation. If you dislike soda, you may use some 7-Up instead.
- 4 cups cubed honeydew melon
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 4 spoons lime juice
- Soda water – as required
- Add the honeydew, lime juice, mint and 6 spoons water into a blender.
- Blend until there is a smooth mix.
- Pour into the glasses with ice and pour in the honeydew mixture.
- Fill the remainder of glass with 30 ml soda water.
How to make
Virgin Mint Cucumber Mojito
Lemon and mint leaves add a unique zing to your life during the warm summer months, and chutneys made from mint leaves are a known delicacy. This mocktail is a common sight at parties and weddings during the summer months. It is quite refreshing to have it during a warm summer evening to rejuvenate your vigor. One more reason you can drop cocktails from your menu and your guests would not bother!
- Cucumber slices, unpeeled
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- Chilled soda water, as needed
- Salt, as needed
- 2 spoons of sugar
- 4 lemon slices
- The health-conscious can replace the soda with normal water.
- Combine the lemon, sugar and mint leaves and mix well for 2 -3 minutes.
- Pour it into a shaker and add the salt and soda and mix thoroughly.
- Take some glasses and put some slices of cucumber and ice cubes.
- Pour the drink over it and serve while it is chilled.
- You can also garnish with a slice of lemon and few mint leaves.
How to make
Give Your Drinking Game a Healthy Spin with These Mocktail Juices in 2020
So, if you decide to spend some quality time with your loved ones and want to take a break from alcoholic drinks, go for these healthy mocktails which, besides being super-flavorful, are beneficial for your health too!