Fruit Salad in Summer: The Perfect Combination of Tasty & Healthy!
Salads are one of the healthiest and most well-liked choices of food all around the world. This is so because salads are not only extremely light food, but they also constitute of lots of vegetables and sometimes meat, and therefore, a lot of nutrients. Moreover, there are hundreds of salad recipes available on the internet, and each one of them is good in its own way.
Some of the nutrients in the salads help us improve our immune system or digestion, while others help us fight the scorching heat of the summer or the cold winters. For this reason, today we have combined a list of the most delicious and healthy eight Indian salads that can be served with the lunch, or dinner and can be eaten as the main dish as well.
Some General Types Of Salads You Can Prepare at Home
There are mainly six different types of salads. The first one is a fruit salad and is a mixture of various delicious canned or fresh fruit. The next one is a green salad, and as the name suggests, it is constitutes of many leafy vegetables like lettuce and spinach. Some other vegetables like carrots and celery, or nuts can also be added to these salads.
Rice and pasta salads are famous in Thai cuisine. In contrast, the bound salads contain thick sauces and paste, like in the tuna salad, egg salad, coleslaw, and macaroni salads, etc. These are usually used to fill sandwiches. Desert salad are the ones made with gelatin or cream, and the dinner salads are served as main courses and constitute of meats like steak, fish, or poultry.
6 of the Best Summer Fruit Salad Recipes of 2020
Prawn And Litchi Salad
- 500 grams of prawns
- Two tablespoons of spring onions
- A mango flesh
- 500 grams of litchis
- One teaspoon of chilli flakes
- Half lemon
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- A handful of peanuts
How to Make
- Marinate the prawns for 15 minutes with the oil, lemon juice, onions, and chilis.
- Now, stir fry the for 3 minutes and set aside.
- Mix the mango and litchi before adding everything together. Garnish it with peanut before serving.
Tropical Fruit Salad
- Some fruits of your choice
- Some nuts
- A bit of mint
How to Make
- For this recipe, rinse the seasonal fruit and chop them into pieces after peeling them off.
- Next, remove the seeds and mix them well in a bowl.
- Now, pour in some sliced or chopped and roasted nut like almonds, cashews, walnut, or pistachios.
- Mix them and garnish with some mint and more nuts and serve right away.
- If you want, you can even put some chaat masala, some lime, island sauce mustard sauce, sriracha sauce, white vinegar, mustard sauce, or tamarind sauce on the salad to make it a little complex.
You can also serve it with various soups like the carrot soup, almond soup, or the cauliflower soup, etc.
Tequila-Lime Fruit Salad
If you want to add colour to your otherwise dull meal, this may be the perfect fruit salad choice for you.
- Three-quarters of a cup sugar
- One-quarter of cup water
- One-quarter of a cup lime juice
- Three tablespoons of tequila
- Two cups of fresh cubed pineapples
- Two cups of fresh sliced strawberries
- Two cups of peeled and chopped kiwi fruit
- Two cups of halved seedless red grapes
How to Make
- To make this salad, first, boil some water in a saucepan of medium size and add sugar to it. The heat should be medium.
- Once it boils, end the heat and let it cool down while stirring the tequila and the lime juice into it slowly.
- Now, put all the fruits in a large bowl and mix properly before adding the syrup and tossing it gently so that it coats it fully.
Macaroni, Fruit and Vegetable Salad
This particular recipe goes really well with different soups such as Asparagus Soup, Bean Soup, Mexican Veg Soup, Bombay Curry Soup, and Celery Chowder Soup.
- Half cup apple cubes
- Three-quarters of a cup cooked macaroni
- One-quarter of a cup canned pineapple cubes
- One-quarter of a cup chopped and boiled beans
- One-quarter of a cup boiled carrot cubes
- One-quarter of a cup cucumber cubes
- One-quarter of a cup cream
- Half cup mayonnaise
- Some salt
How to Prepare
- For the preparation, mix the mayonnaise and cream in a bowl before adding all the rest of the ingredients and mixing them well together. And, you have to refrigerate it for at least an hour and serve chilled.
Orange-Vanilla Glazed Fruit Salad
- One cup sugar
- One cup water
- One orange's zest and juice
- Two teaspoons vanilla
- Four pints strawberry
- Two pints blueberry
- Two cup red grapes
- Two cup green grapes
How to Make
- To make it, heat some water, sugar, orange juice, zest, and vanilla in a saucepan at medium heat till it boils.
- Next, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes before chilling properly.
- Afterward, put all the chopped fruits in a bowl and mix after adding half the syrup. Next, add the rest and toss before serving cold.
Sprouted Fruit And Bean Salad With Curd Dressing
- One cup of mixed sprouts boiled beforehand
- Three-quarters of a cup chopped apples
- Tthree-quarters of cup orange segments
- Three-quarters of a cup thick curd
- One tablespoon honey
- Two tablespoons mint leaves (chopped)
How to Make
- For the making of the fabulous salad, add the sprouts, the orange segments, and the apples in a large bowl and mix well.
- Now, in another bowl, make the dressing by mixing all the rest of the ingredients properly together till they form a paste.
- Lastly, slowly put all the dressing over the sprouts and fruits while also tossing them slowly so that the dressing gets spread over it evenly.
It is suggested to serve the salad cold with soups like almond soup, apple and carrot soup with potatoes, cauliflower soup, or celery and green peas soup, etc.
A Much Better Alternative to All Those Processed Snacks You Have Daily!
We all know how fruits are beneficial for our health, they help us keep our immune system robust, provide us with many essentials vitamins and nutrients, yet many of us choose to ignore them over packaged, processed food, especially for snacks. These summer fruit salad recipes will prove to be a much better alternative to your daily dose of unhealthy snacks!