The Goodness of Lemon
Drinking lemon with water is the best way to keep you hydrated in a hot, humid summer day. Lemon had loads of vitamin C, fibre and different beneficial plant compounds which makes it a great fruit. It also works wonder for your heart's health, helps you lose weight, heal your digestive system and has tons of other skin benefits.
Although water is the best thing you can have to stay healthy and fit but drinking plain water can get boring, if you add some lemon to it, it enhances the flavour and helps you drink more water than usual.
The vitamin C found in lemon is great for boosting immunity; it fights many infections as well as helps in preventing free radicals from damaging your cells which can lead to cancer. As a matter of fact, one lemon gives you about 31mg of vitamin C. It also has calcium which is great for muscle function, hormone secretion and vascular contractions. Potassium in lemon helps your muscles and nerves to work properly. It also has a huge amount of foliate which heals the spinal birth defects and helps in the production of red blood cells.
Another great thing about including a lemon daily in your diet is that it helps in promoting weight loss. It is believed that the pectin fibre in lemon expands in the stomach, which makes you feel full for a longer period. It is also good to have lemon for diabetes patients as lemon is high in fibre which keeps the blood glucose in line.
Now that we know tons of reasons to have a lemon let's look at the different ways you can use lemon and drink them. The best way to do that is to make mocktails with lemon juice. They taste great and keep you fresh and hydrated. We have compiled a list of great mocktail recipes for you. Go ahead and try them at your next party and enjoy.
8 Great Tasting Lemon Mocktails
Lemon & Lime Mocktail
If you were thinking of what to serve in your next party on a hot summer day, you could go for this tremendous refreshing lemon and lime mocktail. This mocktail is a mix of mojito and margarita but without alcohol. It is effortless to make it, and it tastes super tasty!
- 1 whole Lime
- 1 whole lemon
- handful fresh mint
- Two 8-oz cups
- 2 cups water
- 3 tsp honey or agave nectar (1 1/2 tsp per cup)
- Start with filling 2 glasses of 8oz each with crushed ice.
- Add 1&1/2 tsp of honey or agave nectar to it.
- Take the lemon and lime and cut them into halves.
- Squeeze the juice of half of the lemon and lime each in both the glasses.
- Now, add fresh mint and a couple of lemon and lime slices to it.
- Add fresh or sparking water to fill the glasses and stir them.
- Serve it chilled.
Lemon Basil Spritzer
The next lemony mocktail in line is the Lemon Basil Spritzer. This is a bubbly mocktail and it great for people of keto diet. You can simply adjust the ingredients used in it according to your like and make around 6 to 8 glasses of this great mocktail with the help of the recipe.
To make simple syrup, you need
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 leaves fresh basil
- 2 lemon wedges
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup or 4-5 drops liquid stevia
- 3/4 cup cold sparkling water
- basil leaves or lemon wedges for garnish
- Put water and sugar in a pot and boil it together.
- Lower the flame and cook for around 6 minutes.
- Let is cool.
- Take some basil leaves and 2 lemon wedges and put them in a glass.
- Crush the lemon wedges and basil together (you can use a muddle if you have one).
- Now, add lemon juice and the syrup you made earlier and muddle it again.
- Add tonic water in the glass and add ice cubes to it.
- Garnish it with more basil leaves and lemon wedges to make it look professional.
Summer is here and has brought mangoes with it. All you want to have is mango. Here is a great mocktail recipe which lets you use mango and lime together to keep you fresh and hydrated during the day.
- 1 mango
- 600 ml ginger beer
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Garnish: mango slices, mint, lime
- Crushed Ice
- Start by cutting a mango and running it in a blender to make a mango puree.
- Take the mango puree and put it in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ginger beer and juice of half a lime and stir it well. Don't shake it as it will make it fizz and create a mess.
- Add some crushed ice in the glass and garnish it with a slice of mango, lime and mint.
Virgin Cucumber Cooler
If you love eating a sweet and cold cucumber on summers to keep you cool you are going to love this mocktail. It is called the Virgin Cucumber Cooler. It is a great refreshing summer mocktail which is very easy to make. The smell and taste of a fresh cucumber added with some lime make it great. Here is how you can make it easily at home and chill.
- 300 gms fresh cucumber
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 150 gms ice (crushed)
- 1 mint or basil sprig (for garnish)
- Take all the ingredients and put them together in a shaker.
- Shake, shake and shake!
- Pour it in a glass and add soda to it.
- Garnish it with mint and basil leaves.
- Serve it chilled and enjoy.
Shirley Temple is a very popular mocktail. The lemon-lime soda gives it a citrus flavour, and the ginger ale used in it adds some sweetness to it. Some people like to use just the ginger ale in it, but if you add some lemon-lime soda or 7 up or sprite, you will like it more. Combining both the ingredients makes it super tasty and refreshing.
- 3 ounces lemon-lime soda
- 3 ounces ginger ale
- 1/4 ounce grenadine
- Garnish: maraschino cherry
- Take grenadine and pour it in a collins glass.
- Fill up the glass with some ice cubes.
- Add in equal amounts of lemon-lime soda and ginger ale to it.
- Stir well.
- Garnish it with a cherry and watch it become lively.
Lemonade-Lime Mocktail Mojito
If you are thinking of making a cocktail and not making a Mojito, then think again. A party is incomplete without a great tasting Mojito. Mojitos are quite popular among alcohol drinkers as well as non-alcohol drinkers. It is very easy to make it and tastes great. You can sip it all day and keep yourself hydrated during the summers.
- 2 cans (355 mL each) club soda
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. Country Time Lemonade Liquid Drink Mix
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 4 lime slices
- Take all the ingredients except the lime slices and put them is a glass.
- Now add the lime slices to it and stir well.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes and serve immediately.
- Yep! that's it, enjoy.
Lemon Drop Mocktail
Another great tasting mocktail with the goodness of lemon is the Lemon Drop Mocktail. It is a simple drink which is loved by all. You can make it any time of the day and enjoy a chilling glass while you watch a movie with your friends during a hot summer day. Here is how you can make it at home and relax.
- 1.25 oz lemon juice
- 3/4 oz simple syrup
- 2.5 oz club soda, chilled
- Take a small pile of sugar on a plate.
- Take a martini glass and wet the rim of the glass with water or lemon juice.
- Dip the rim of the glass in sugar, coat it nicely.
- Take some ice cubes, simple syrup and lemon juice and put them in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake it well for about 15 seconds.
- Now, strain the mixture in the glass.
- Add club soda to it.
- Garnish it with lemon peel or anything you like and serve fresh.
Lemon Ginger Mocktail
We already love the taste of lemon but adding some ginger to it makes it even better. This lemon and ginger mocktail is a super hit drink for parties. It is refreshing and tastes wonderful. You can easily make it in a few simple steps and serve it to your friends while you chill by the poolside during your summer break.
- Ice cubes made from pure water
- 2 to 4 tablespoons ginger concentrate or ginger tea
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice from approximately 1 lemon
- 1 to 3 teaspoons raw apple cider vinegar
- raw honey or liquid stevia extract, to taste
- sparkling mineral water
- Take a pint-size mason jar and fill it up with ice.
- Add ginger concentrate, or you can even use some ginger tea is you like.
- Squeeze the lemon juice in it.
- Now, add apple cider vinegar to it.
- Add sparkling water but don't fill the glass up till the top.
- You can add some more ginger, lemon, vinegar or even honey if you want a stronger taste.
- When you are satisfied with the finished drink, stir it well and serve.
Benefits of Drinking Mocktails
- Mocktails give you tons of benefits from all the ingredients you use in it. When you make a mocktail, you can choose what to put in it to make it more nutritious and tasty. You can use fresh vegetable juice, coconut water etc. to make it more refreshing and healthy for you and your family.
- Mocktails are very easy to make and are quite inexpensive. You don't have to be a bartender to make a good mocktail. Since there is no alcohol in it, it is not very expensive either.
- Another great thing about drinking a mocktail is that you can drink as many glasses as you want and still wake up fresh, there are no hangovers after a party with mocktails. All you need to be careful about is to drink mocktails which are less in sugar. They have many different fruit juices in it; therefore, it is best not to overdo it.
- Alcohol is addictive; therefore drinking mocktails is a good idea because you can enjoy it every day without worrying about getting addicted to it.
- The best reason for drinking a mocktail is that they are super hydrating. Alcohol makes you dehydrated, if you drink too much alcohol, you will end up urinating more and at times may vomit which leaves you dehydrated. When you are drinking a mocktail, you are actually hydrating your body with some nutritious ingredients.
- If you are pregnant and going to a party, you should reach out for a mocktail. Mocktails look and taste good and pose to risk to your unborn child. You can simply sip on a great looking glass of mocktail and enjoy the party.
An Excellent Alternative for Those Who Don't Drink Alcohol!
At your next party, If you're having friends who do not drink then serving mocktail is a great idea. You will find many people not drinking alcohol due to health reasons or religious factors, but you don't want them feeling left out. Serve great mocktails to them, and they will enjoy the evening as much as the others. You can serve them to children as well and watch them have great fun.