Why You Must Get a Rowing Machine: Benefits of Rowing Machines
- Effective Aerobic Exercise: Rowing machines can become your close friend in helping you to build better fitness and health. Aerobic exercises are beneficial for all age groups. Such exercises help you to lose weight, increase your stamina, and boost your immune system. For all fitness lovers, a rowing machine is an efficient way to improve your heart rate and to enhance your oxygen intake through an effective cardio workout.
- Weight Loss: You can burn an average of 600 calories an hour through a rowing machine workout. A rowing machine lets you improve tone muscles and give you increased energy as well. If you keep a balanced diet along with rowing machine workouts, you will get weight loss in no time. You need not go to any gym institutions for such purpose. Consistent use of rowing machines ensures that you attain your fitness targets.
- Low-Impact Cardio: If you are overweight or have existing joint problems, you may face more troubles through high-impact workouts. That is why you need a rowing machine that creates natural and low impact motion, which puts minimal stress on the joints. The machine can be used as an alternative to weight-bearing exercises such as yoga, walking, running, and hiking. Furthermore, if you recently had knee surgery, rowing machines is one of the best ways to strengthen them.
- Convenience: Rowing machine brings you the same physical benefits of rowing a boat in the water. With a rowing machine at home, you can decide to do exercise on it whenever you feel convenient. Furthermore, the simplicity and accessibility of a machine at home will bring more motivation in you to perform the workouts.
- Easy to Use: People get scared when they start their journey in fitness, but things are made easy with the rowing machines. Rowing machines are effortless to use. However, it is better if you know some techniques to use it. You should fasten your feet in the stirrups with your shins close to a 90-degree angle to the floor. You should also be mindful of keeping your back straight, your core engaged, and to row in a smooth, fluid motion.
- Full Body Workout: One of the significant benefits of rowing machines is that it helps you to perform a full-body workout. Different target the parts of bodies like upper back, pecs, arms, abdominal muscles, and obliques are targeted with exercises on the rowing machine. The rowing machines are also beneficial to strengthen the leg muscles, including quadriceps, calves, and glutes. Hence, it takes care of the whole body.
- Intensity Without Injury: While doing a high-impact workout on machines such as a treadmill, people can injure themselves. Especially, people who are overweight and elders face trouble while running and weight lifting. Rowing machines for such people are an alternative for safe workouts. They provide people with comfortable sit, footwork, and grips.
- Improves Posture: Trainers say that women are weaker in their upper body. This can be a result of the wrong posture. Using the rowing machines require you to be in an upright position. So, the consistent use of the machine can help you improve your posture and improve your upper body strength.
- Track Improvement: A rowing machine with monitor keeps track of your performance of watts, time, calories burned, heart rate, and distance travelled. Keeping track of the information can help you in several ways. You can be motivated to work further if you can see the progress by yourself. This, in turn, will help you to keep on improving your fitness.
- Quicker results: Since your body is challenged with the use of the rowing machines, you will see results in no time. The efficiency of the rowing machine is higher than the bike or treadmill. You can see the improvement after just five rowing-based sessions.
10 Best Rowing Machines for Full Body Workout
Concept 2 Model E Rowing Machine
The machines from Concept 2 offer an experience of rowing on water with the convenience of training indoors. The Model E Indoor Rower offers presence and durability with its 20-inch frame and powder coat with a glossy finish. As Concept 2 Model E Rowing Machine possesses a higher frame, which makes it easier on-and-off for those with tired knees or mobility considerations. It is easy to store and to assemble. As it is a high-quality machine, it is helpful for any level of training. Model E Indoor Rower is available for Rs. 1,28,250 on Sports Jam.
First Degree Fitness Newport AR Water rower
First Degree Fitness Newport AR Water rower features adjustable fluid resistance technology, which allows the rower to control and can adjust the resistance up to 300 pounds. This rowing machine can provide you with an experience of rowing on the water even if you don’t actually have to be in it. Designed with the help of professional rowers, the support of the adjustable levels of fluid resistance in the machine lets you experience periods close to rowing on heavy waves or a smooth sea. You can buy First Degree Fitness Newport AR Water Rower for Rs. 85,266 from Ubuy.
ProForm 440R Rower
ProForm 440R Rower is a rowing machine that provides an excellent cardio and a full-body workout. With this rowing machine, you can perform regular rowing with an upward pulley option for an intense upper body workout. You can track progress such as distance, calories burned, time, strokes per minute, and the total number of strokes with the LCD monitor of the machine. You can easily set up the machine with the manual that comes with it, and it is very convenient to store. ProForm 440R Rower is priced at Rs. 72,349 on desertcart.in.
Merax Water Rowing Machine
Merax Water Rower is a dashing blue rowing machine, refined with solid steel construction. It supports up to 330 pounds and is a highly durable machine. This rowing machine provides a soothing glide, and you can also enjoy the relaxing sound of water splashing inside the aqua blue water tank. Merax Water Rower has an LCD monitor that displays your rowing intensity in duration, strokes, calories, distance, and heart rate.
Other features of this rowing machine include space-efficient, high-density rubber wheels, smart digital monitor, smooth glide, large seat, and ergonomic detail design. If you want to have Merax Water Rower for indoor exercise, you can purchase it for Rs.72,143 on Ubuy.
Mr. Rudolf Water Rowing Machine
Mr. Rudolf Water Rowing Machine is designed to provide you with the authentic feeling of rowing in the water. The overall weight capacity of the machine is 320 pounds. The solid Oakwood used in making the rails of this rowing machine makes it a very durable machine. The machine comes with a workout monitor equipped in it that displays time, distance, 500M split time, strokes per minute, and calories per hour. You can do workouts comfortably with an ergonomic seat, active recoil system, and height-adjustable footplates with straps. It is easy to store with transport wheels. Mr. Rudolf Water Rowing Machine can be purchased from Amazon.
XEBEX Air Rower
Built at a professional level, XEBEX Air Rower is a secure and solid machine among the indoor exercise bikes. This machine has been developed to withstand up to 110 kgs. It has a heavily padded and formed seat, which makes exercising easier for those who suffer pains and mobility issues. The large LCD monitor in XEBEX Air Rower keeps track of watts, time, calories burned, heart rate, and distance travelled. The machine has a flywheel designed to produces a smooth feeling of rowing in water and minimise noises. Also, the machine is easy to store. XEBEX Air Rower is available on Amazon.
Sunny Health and Fitness Full Motion Rower
Sunny Health and Fitness Full Motion Rower allows you to have full motion use of your arms, and by turning the knob, you can change the resistance of the machine. The machine comes with a small monitor that tracks stroke count, time, and calories. This machine includes other features like a comfortable seat, non-slip handles, and foot pedals. It can withstand weight up to 300 pounds. Additionally, this machine contains adjustable pedal straps that improve your workout experience. If you want Sunny Health and Fitness Full Motion Rower, you can buy it at Rs. 42,880 on Ubuy.
Stamina Conversion II Recumbent Exercise Rower
This two-in-one machine is for those who like to have full-body workouts. Stamina Conversion II Recumbent Exercise Rower is effective for upper body strengthening exercises that include bicep curls, triceps kickbacks, and forearm curls. The machine has an LCD that displays your calories burned, distance, and more. There is a hand pulse sensor built into grips to measure heart beats per minute. This machine withstands only 250 pounds, so it might not be suited for everyone. Stamina Conversion II Recumbent Exercise Rower is priced at Rs. 80,546 on Ubuy.
Xterra ERG600W Water Rower
Xterra ERG600W Water Rower comes with a large LCD screen that can measure total spent time, burned calories, distance, and strokes per minute. This machine can maintain six resistance levels. You will be able to enjoy a high level of performance in this machine. Some of the main features of the machine include large seats, adjustable flex pedals, ergonomic handles, and smooth rowing motion, among others. It can endure up to 300 pounds. You can buy Xterra ERG600W Water Rower for Rs. 54,000 on afton.in.
LifeSpan RW1000 Indoor Rowing Machine
LifeSpan RW1000 Indoor Rowing Machine is a mid-range rowing machine. However, the machine is solidly built. It is useful for both beginners and advanced users. This rowing machine has a magnetic resistance system that allows you to have a quiet ride, even in intense settings. It comes with a monitor that keeps track of the distance covered, calories burned, the duration of time spent working out, heart rate, and strokes per minute. LifeSpan RW1000 Indoor Rowing Machine has a carrying capacity of up to 300 pounds. The machine is very convenient to store as you can store it in a little space. LifeSpan RW1000 Indoor Rowing Machine is available for purchase on Amazon.
Tips on Using Rowing Machines
- Make adjustments with machine: One of the things that you should be mindful of while using the machine is to be sure that your heels are resting against the entire pedal when you sit. Get the straps tightened enough to secure your foot in place. Also, adjust the machinery until you are in a comfortable position to use it.
- Learn the correct positions: So as for the rowing machine to have positive effects on your body, you need to learn the correct form of using it. Not using the machine in the right way can even cause you back pains. Furthermore, if you are feeling any discomfort in your body due to the use of the machine, you should stop using it and contact your trainer.
- Sit up tall at all times: If you are doing rowing workouts, hinge at the hips, and keep sturdy posture. You need to have your chest lifted. Further, be firm on your lower back and shoulders.
- Focus on consistent, steady movement: Just as jerky movements in the rowing boat makes waves and flips the boat, such movements on the rowing machine are ineffective. And, just as smooth and steady movements make the boat row quicker, such movements are effective on the body. Be focused on your movements throughout the exercise.
Don't Think of Exercise as a Burden, Enjoy yourself while Exercising!
Using the rowing machine is not about being perfect in rowing but to monitor your progress and check how the use of the machine is improving your fitness. As you have to be used to using the machine every day, it is essential that you enjoy the process and are motivated to take on the challenges of making yourself better!