Choosing Hairstyles for Men with a Round Face
Hair is an important part of our personality and just like perfect clothes, makeup and accessories we need a perfect hair cut to show off our style and individuality. Earlier, there were not many choices when it came to getting a haircut but now times have changed and you can find attractive haircuts for people of all ages and face shapes. It is easy to find a cool haircut for almost all the faces but a man with a round face may have difficulty finding a great haircut that will enhance his style.
A round face is somewhat similar to a square face but with fewer angles, his face would have rounded a cheekbone which is the widest part of the face and they have a less pronounced chin which makes it difficult to find a good hairstyle for them. Since getting a great hairstyle is not only about looking cool and attractive but it’s about doing a little research and finding the best one for you. Getting a haircut which is short on the back and sides with longer hair on the top usually looks good on men with a round face, it helps in elongating your face and reduces the extra width of the face. The objective of a great haircut is to add volume while avoiding extra bulk. It helps in adding more dimensions to a round face and gives more angles to it.
We have come up with some cool haircuts for men with round face. You can go through them and decide which one appeals to you.
Importance of Sporting a Good Hairstyle
Getting a perfect haircut is important; it adds another level to your personality and enhances your features. It can make you look younger and better. A good haircut can make you look different in a good way. It is important to find a good hairstylist who can advise you on the best hairstyle according to your face. There are many benefits of having a perfect haircut like:
- A regular hair cut makes your hair healthy and avoids split ends.
- It can make you look younger in an instant. Hairstyles like bangs and fringes can bring back the lost youth whereas a wrong haircut can add years and make you look older than you are.
- A good haircut shows that you follow the fashion trends and you know what looks good on you. It makes you look trendy.
- It enhances your beauty and makes you look attractive naturally.
- A perfect hair cut can make you look professional or a hooligan. If you like to dress to impress then it is important to pay close attention to your hairstyle.
- A good hair cut gives you the much-needed confidence and makes you feel in control when you step out of the house.
- It highlights the facial angles and complements your features, your skin and makes you look wow.
- Everybody hates a bad hair day and if you have the perfect haircut you will not have to worry about bad hair days. You will look smart and feel capable of taking challenges.
- You can wear a simple dress with a great haircut and still look glamorous. It adds power to your personality.
- A good hairstyle leaves an everlasting impression and people will actually remember you due to the way your hair looked on a particular day.
Best Hairstyles for Men with Round Face
High Volume Haircut
Like we said earlier the objective of getting a good haircut for a man with a round face is to add volume to it; the high volume cut does just that. You can go with a vertical hair cut but a high volume haircut looks better on a round face. To achieve the best results from this haircut you will need to have 3 inches of hair although longer hair would be better. It is quite simple to get this hair cut and add volume to it. Simply blow dry your hair in an upward direction. It works better on damp hair, you can also tousle your hair before you blow-dry it to get a little more volume and you are all set to go.
Bald & Beard Combo
Beards never go out of fashion. You will find most of the movie actors sporting different kinds of beards and if you are a man with a round face, shave off that hair and get a medium or short beard to go with it. If you don't want to shave your head completely you can also try the buzz cut with a short beard. It will give you a killer look and add a whole new personality. If you are a ladies’ man than you surely will become one of their favourites as most women like that tough look on a man which can be achieved easily through this look.
The Vintage Pompadour Look
Another great hair cut for men with round face is the pompadour cut. This cut goes way back. It is named after Madame de Pompadour who was the mistress of King Louis XV of France in 1700s. It is a short haircut with the top part of the hair combed backwards. The pompadour cut also became a hit because of Elvis Presley. It brings out style and masculinity in a man. There are many different kinds of pompadour cuts for you to choose from. Each one has a distinct look and most of them look good on round faces.
To get this cut you will have to grow your hair for a month or so and cut the side hair leaving the top a little longer. You can then comb your hair sideways or backwards. You can also apply styling gels or mousse and blow dry it to add extra volume to your hair.
If you are a man with a round face you would want to take away the attention from the middle of your face to the sides and the side part can help you do that. They are easy to get and do not need much attention or maintenance. If you are a businessman or work in the corporate world this haircut will suit you the best as it is also called the gentlemen's cut. You can choose which side you want to comb your hair to and use a styling product to hold your hair in its place. It adds great volume in the front and makes it look trendy and classy. A side part also makes you look mature and adds angles to your face which is important for a round face. It also balances your wide cheekbones and makes your face look slender.
Getting short sides is a great way to make a round face look slimmer. It is one of the classiest haircuts for men with round face. You can cut your hair short and mix it with fade. The fade can be high, low or medium as long as it does not add any more width to your face. You can also shave the sides and leave the top a little longer which will add height to your face. This haircut is known to flatter a round face. If you go with the low fade it will concentrate on your the temples and a quick fade combined with the short sides will clean up the unwanted edges from your face. The short side haircut looks cool on men of all ages.
The Modern Quiff
There are hundreds of haircuts for round faced men but the modern quiff is one of the most favourites of all. The basic classic quiff looks hot but the modern quiff gives more versatility and lets you combine different hairstyles like the side part, comb over messy hair etc with it. You just have to decide what mood you are in and choose the style you want to flaunt. If you are one of those men who like to experiment and try new things with their looks, the modern quiff is one style you should try at least once.
The modern quiff works well with both long and short hair. Even the barbers know it well and can give you a perfect quiff in no time all you'll have to do is to tell them the length you want on top and on the sides. The modern quiff helps in elongating your face shape and adds volume when you brush the quiff upwards. You can take the top as high as you want. You can put in some gel while blow drying your hair to add that extra volume which is needed on a round face.
Man Bun or Top Knot
The man bun has been in fashion since the 2nd millennium BC. You can even find lord Shiva with the bun from where the holy river Ganga flows. This hairstyle is often associated with the hippy clan but is also a fashion statement.
If you want to sport a man bun or a top knot you will need to grow your hair for at least 6 to 10 months depending on how fast your hair grows. When your hair reaches the desired length all you need to do is to sweep all the hair towards the back of your head and tie it high around the crown area or simply tie it at the nape. You can either wear it into a neat bun or try a messy bun which will give you a rough look liked by many people. It all depends on your personality and where you work.
Since the hair is long you will also need to take extra care of your hair to keep it healthy. You should wash your hair regularly and use a good conditioner to retain moisture. Dry hair looks nasty and uncared for.
Undercut is also a very good hair cut for men with round face. It elongates your face and add height to your hair like the pompadour. The undercut also makes your face looks slimmer. The best part about this haircut is that it gives you freedom to style it in different ways. You can add a side parting or a short style. It looks good and adds class to your style.
Remember Amir Khan in the movie Dil Chahta Hai. His undercut hairstyle with a short goatee became a style statement for many youngsters. For a good undercut you can leave the length on top and try close cut, faded or buzz cut on the sides and look hip.
If you like the messy look on you then you can go for the messy bangs hairstyle. It looks cool and sophisticated at the same time and it is quite easy to take care of it. Your hair is unevenly cut and bangs are left in the front of the forehead. The objective of leaving the bangs on the forehead is to cover the prominent temples on a round face which makes your face look slimmer and attractive.
Men between 20s and 30s love this look and it is a classic cut for summers. You can easily wear a T-shirt and jeans and look great with this haircut. If you have curly or wavy hair it will add another level to it.
Skin Fade and Buzz Cut
If you like short hair then you will love the skin fade or the buzz cut. It looks great on men with a round face. The back of the head is shaved or the hair is cropped to give a distinct look to your hair. The stubble gives you a mature look as well as keeps you comfortable in the summer heat.
How to Choose the Best Hairstyle for Your Face?
Determine the Shape of Your Face
It is important to know the exact shape of your face to decide on the best haircut for yourself. Here are a few things that can help you determine the shape of your face.
- The length of an oval face is greater than the width of the cheekbones and the forehead is greater than the jawline.
- The rectangle face has a long face but the forehead, cheekbones and jawlines are almost same in size.
- The jawline is greater than the cheekbones in a triangular face.
- The cheekbones and the length of the face is almost the same size. The forehead and the jawline is also the same size and the angles are not defined in a round face.
- The forehead is larger than the cheekbones and the jawline with a pointed chin in a heart-shaped face.
- All measurements are almost the same in a square face and the jaw is sharper than other features.
- A diamond face will have a large face and the cheekbones, forehead, and jawline's measurement is in descending order.
Basic Hair Care You Should Know
Taking care of your hair is essential for any hair cut. Here are a few tips to show you how to take care of your hair without putting in too much effort
- Eat a healthy diet full of proteins, vitamins like green vegetables, meat, eggs, cod liver oil, citrus fruits etc.
- Wash your hair regularly with a mild natural shampoo to avoid build-up on your scalp.
- Condition your hair after each wash. Conditioning is important for healthy and shiny hair. You should apply the conditioner at the end of your hair as they tend to dry up faster than the hair near your scalp.
- Try to wash your hair with normal tap water. You can use warm water during winters but never use hot water to wash your hair. It will leave your hair dry and weak.
- Pat dry your hair instead of rubbing it. Use a wide-tooth comb and start from the end and work upwards to untangle your hair.
- Use elastic bands. Don't tie wet hair to avoid breaking.
- Get regular haircuts to avoid split ends.
- If you have an itchy scalp check for dryness and dandruff. Use specially designed hair shampoos for dandruff. You can also use some of the home remedies to get rid of dandruff.
- We cover our face to avoid sunburn but forget to wear a hat. Hats are important; it protects your scalp from dehydrating and adds style to your outfit.
A Good Hair Care Routine is Important!
Haircuts that suit your face are important to look clean and put up. They give you a sense of confidence like no other. So does a good head of hair. And you need a proper hair care routine to achieve that. Shampoo and condition your hair regularly. Apply a deep conditioning mask every week. Take care of dandruff and dry scalp with doctor-recommended products. If you are still into old-school routines, oil your hair at least once a week for thick black hair. With a good haircare routine, you would never have to face bad hair days that ruin your confidence.