Benefits of Induction Stoves Over Regular Stoves
Technology has been helping us in our daily chores and has also entered our kitchen. Induction stoves have found its way into many homes and come with several benefits. We will discuss some of the benefits of an induction stove.
- Cooks faster: When you are using an induction stove, the pan is heated quicker as no medium is required to pass the heat. Studies show that water boils faster on induction stoves than on gas. There are fewer steps needed to heat the cookware, and the electromagnetic activity helps to heat the pan more quickly. It is one of the critical selling points of these stoves.
- Ensures energy efficiency: When you are cooking with an induction oven, more of the heat generated is for heating up the pan directly. This causes the pan to heat up faster, and the stove automatically turned off once the food is cooked. This leads to lesser energy being utilised for cooking the food. It leads to lesser electricity being used and saves money for you at the end of the month.
- Cleaning is easier: These ovens are easy to clean, and the cooktops are not heated, so any spillage does not stick to it. You can use a sponge swipe that would be enough to clean it after cooking is over. The cooktop also gets cooled faster, and you will be able to cool soon often after cooking is over.
- It is safer: The induction cooktops are known to be safer as they do not get heated up too much. They have several controls that can allow you to adjust the temperature according to your needs. When the heat is turned off, the cooling of the cooktop starts.
How to Select an Induction Stove?
- Check the size: As an initial step, it is critical to check the size of the area where you will place the induction stove. Take a measurement and then search for products of similar size online. It will save you from any unexpected surprises after you buy the product and bring it home. It is important to test out the portable ones before you go for the bigger ones.
- The control panel: The control panel is where you can operate the settings options. The advanced ones use the touch sensor technology while the press button controls are also convenient to use. The touch panel ones are a bit expensive, and you may settle for the press button ones. The knobs could be a bit inconvenient for you, and durability could be an issue.
- The design: The design is upon your personal choice, and most of the renowned brands have a sleek design. The ones with frames can lead to oily patches in the corners, but all the induction stoves are easy to clean. Those appliances without edges are known to be easier to clean and are among the favourites with customers.
- Check the features: The difference in prices for the cooktops is due to features. It is good to do some online research before heading off to buy one. Most of these cooktops have timer settings and preset cooking menus. It would help if you also looked out for automatic pan detectors and safety sensors, which can aid in safer cooking. Auto switch-off is also a critical feature to save on energy bills.
The Best Induction Stoves in 2020
Philips Viva Collection HD4928/01 Induction Cooktop
Philips is a renowned brand in the electrical and home appliances industry. It is also known for its world-class quality of products and is among the best induction stove brands. It has Electromagnetic Induction Technology that ensures high heating power. It also has a timer that can be set up to 3 hours. The appliance also has six preset Indian menus that allow for faster cooking and is ideally programmed for Indian cooking.
The appliance also has a touch control panel. It has a beautiful design that is an added attraction for this appliance. It has an auto-off feature to ensure the food is cooked safely. It comes with an operating voltage of 220-240 volts and a power of 2100 watts, and has a bottom diameter of between 12 cm and 20 cm, weighing less than 8 kilos.
The induction stove is priced at Rs. 2,619 and is available on Amazon.
Pigeon by Stovekraft Cruise Induction Cooktop
The induction stoves are ideal for the younger generation as it is easier for cooking. The range of cooktops from Pigeon is among the best induction stove ranges in the country. They are also well-known for the quality of products. It also has a 7-segment LED display along with a menu that helps in cooking without any hassle. It has several unique features at a low price, making it among the ones that provide value for money.
It has a set of preset menus that make cooking easier. It has a dual heat sensor that makes it an efficient one for cooking. An auto-switch helps prevent wastage of electricity, and it is made from high-quality materials to prevent shocks. The equipment has a power consumption of 1800-2000 watts and also has a smart design.
It is available at a heavily discounted price of Rs. 1,549 on Amazon.
Usha Cook Joy (3616) 1600-Watt Induction Cooktop
Usha International is another well-known brand with a whole range of home and kitchen appliance brands. It has an auto switch that helps in power saving that prevents overheating of the stove. It has a pan sensor that makes it operate only when the pan is placed. It also has a preset menu and also has additional manual control.
The induction stove prevents voltage fluctuation up to 1500 volts by using a metal oxide varistor. It also has anti-skid feet and a 10 Amp plug along with earthing for safety; it operates at 230 Volts and has a power consumption of 1600 watts. The appliance also comes with a flexible power cord of around 1.2 metres long, allowing it to be placed at a place away from the plug point too.
It is priced at Rs. 1,899 and is available on Amazon.
Havells Insta Cook PT Induction Cooktop
Havells is a well-known brand with a wide range of electrical equipment and home appliances. It is listed on the stock exchanges in India and is renowned for the quality of its products. The Insta Cook PT has a power consumption of 1600 watts and is known to be among the best in the country. The product comes with six different cooking modes, viz. boiling, dosa, frying, curies, etc.
The appliance has an intelligence technology that adjusts the power and the temperature according to the food needs for cooking. It has a LED display and has an auto shut-off feature that turns off the appliance when it is not in use. The appliance can detect the pan and shut the device when the utensil is removed, thereby saving energy. It also has a timer function that allows it to be preset for up to 3 hours. The product is durable and made of high-quality materials.
It is priced at Rs. 3,195 and is available on Amazon.
Prestige PIC 20 1200 Watt Induction Cooktop with Push Button
Prestige is another homegrown business that is renowned for its unique range of kitchenware brands. This one has an electromagnetic technology that helps in monitoring the temperature of the vessel and adjusts the power consumption. The product is preset with several Indian meal options, viz. chapati, idli, curry, dosa, etc.
The device has an anti-magnetic wall that prevents any wastage of energy. An Intelligent Computer Control Procedure adjusts the power and temperature according to the needs. The appliance is also protected from any surges in electricity through an Automatic Voltage Regulator and prevents damaging the equipment. It also has an auto switch off that turns of the appliance when not in use for a long time. It is user-friendly and is efficient in energy consumption. It has a power consumption of 1200 watts.
It is priced at Rs. 1,699 and is available on Amazon.
Bajaj Majesty ICX 6 WOV Plus Induction Cooktop
If we are talking about kitchen appliances, how can we miss an entry from the house of Bajaj. They are also rated among the leaders in the home appliance segment. The appliance has five preset menus relating to the various Indian menus. It allows cooking convenient for novices and can help you select the mode that will automatically preset the temperature for cooking.
The appliance comes with a 24-hour timer that is set for cooking, which will help you to stay assured that your food will not be overcooked or get burnt. It also has an auto switch off that turns off the appliance when it is not in use. The induction stove has a power consumption of 1600 watts and has an efficient performance.
It is priced at Rs. 3,695 and is available on Flipkart. The appliance also comes with a warranty of 1 year.
Preethi Trendy Plus 116 1600-Watt Induction Cooktop
Preethi is common in the Tier 2 cities of the country, but they do make appliances that are sturdy and durable while being trendy too. It has a broad base to accommodate all types of vessels. The appliance has a ceramic plate that helps it to withstand high temperatures. There are programmed settings that ensure an automatic shut off when not in use, thereby saving energy. It also provides programmed menus like idlis, gravies, dosas, chapati, etc.
The induction stove also has an auto switch off technology to aid lower power consumption. It also has high-quality electrical equipment that guards against any short circuits. The appliance has a one touch menu and comes with a longer cord that allows you to place it anywhere in your kitchen. It operates at 230 volts and has a power consumption of 1600 watts.
It is priced relatively low at Rs. 2,349 and is available on Flipkart. There is a one year warranty on the product.
iBell 2000W Glass Induction Cooktop Cloud 850Y
iBell may be a newer brand but has entered this list for its sleek design and unique features that score among its audience. There are press button controls that are easy to operate, and it also has an accurate timer that helps you to save energy while cooking. The top is made of high-quality crystal glass that allows it to withstand high heat. The device can adapt itself to high voltage fluctuations.
The appliance has a preset menu along with manual operational controls that are user-friendly too. The induction stove is bound to come within your budget. It is priced at Rs. 1,475 and is available on Amazon. There is a one year warranty on the product along with an additional warranty at the time on registration.
V-Guard VIC-15 2000-Watt Induction Cooktop
This option is for those looking for a low-priced induction stove, which also comes with the latest features while being cost-effective. It has several preset modes like idli, dosa, milk, chapati, etc. that allows you to cook at optimum energy usage. It has a four-digit LED display along with a digital timer, and an automatic voltage cut-off feature and can control the power consumption levels.
The appliance has an overheat detector and a power indicator and has eight power levels. It has a fast heating function that helps in easier cooking at home. It has a power consumption of 2000 watts and is priced at Rs. 2,198 on Amazon.
KENT KB-83 2000-Watt Induction Cooktop
The Kent KB series is ideal for your cooking and makes it a pleasant experience. It has eight preset options and makes it easy when you have to boil any food. It saves energy and has a sleek design too. The appliance is also made keeping in mind various international design features. It helps to cook faster than a conventional stove and does not dissipate heat to the surroundings, thereby keeping the surrounding items cooler.
It comes with an LED display that comes has simple controls. The unique mode helps in keeping the food warm for longer than usual, and the stainless steel frame increases the durability of the product.
It is priced at Rs. 2,940, available on Amazon.
Should You Permanently Switch Over to Induction Stove?
The answer to this isn't that straightforward. It would depend upon one's cooking preferences, personal choices, so on and so forth. While gas stoves are much cheaper, induction stoves can cost a bomb if you're looking for a lot of features in them. Also, induction ones may take a bit more time than gas stoves for cooking. However, considering their pros that they are much safer for children and pets, and they almost always never make a mess, they are definitely worth the investment!