How to Select the Right Kurti for Every Occasion?
Kurtis has become popular all over the world for a reason. A Kurti can capture the elegance of a woman while also being comfortable. Depending on how a Kurti is styled, it can become a statement piece, professional wear or casual wear. No matter what the occasion, a Kurti is a dress that will never fail to impress. But with all the choices that are available today, you may wonder just what to choose so you look your best. We have given you a shortlist of pointers so you can easily pick out something that fits you and the occasion without any worries.
- Kurtis for festivities: A floor-length Umbrella cut or Anarkali Kurtis with a cinched waist is perfect to bring out the festive look in your outfit. Make sure to go for a Kurti with detailed embroidery or embellishments which will compliment your beauty even more. Kurtis with chiffon, silk or georgette fabrics is the best ones for festivities.
- Kurtis for workplace: Mostly Kurtis with geometric blocks, checks or lines with neutral colours is the most appropriate for the workplace. This is because the neutral colours stay muted yet manage to bring out your professionalism. Style it with loose-fitted pants or ankle-length leggings and you are all set to go.
- Kurtis for casual wear: There is something about Kurtis with floral motifs or pastel shades that makes them breezy and casual. These Kurtis are perfect for several occasions such as college wear, get together with friends, kitty parties etc. Pair it with some silver jhumkas and fancy trousers to get a sleek look.
- Kurtis for parties and weddings: To add the wow factor to your outfit, go for a Kurti with a high type of neck. A butterfly neck, a boat neck or even a bow collar neck will make you stand out. Go for either lace patterns or detailed embroidery to compliment your neckline. Style it with some heavy earrings or a sharara and you will be the centre of attention at that party.
How to Select a Kurti Based on Your Body Type?
A Kurti is the kind of clothing that looks good on everybody, no matter what. Be it everyday wear or for parties, a Kurti will never fail. But there are some particular styles of Kurti that will bring out the wow- factor in you. Find out what type of Kurti to wear according to your body type to accentuate your beauty.
- For Hourglass body type If you have an hourglass body shape, you are one of the lucky ones. This is because you can wear any type of Kurtis and can easily pull it off. But make sure you wear Kurtis which are correctly fitted to your body. Also, Kurtis which can be cinched at the waist will accentuate your curves even more. Style your Kurti with straight-fit pants or palazzos to make you look taller and smarter.
- For Apple shaped body type If you have an apple-shaped body, it means that you have broad shoulders with a big bust and flat hips. Kurtis which are muted and darker in shade with cotton or silk fabrics will be perfect for you. Go for an A-line Kurti to draw attention to the lower part of your body. Pair it with a round or V-neckline to draw attention away from the broad shoulders.
- For Pear shaped body type If you have a pear-shaped body it means that you have fuller hips with a narrow upper body. Kurtis which will draw attention to the upper half of your body like Anarkali flared or printed Kurtis will be perfect for you. Since you have thinner arms, you can go for fuller-looking or loose sleeves. Also, make sure to select a collar neck, boat neck or high neck to highlight your upper body.
5 Ways to Accessorize Long Kurtis
- Pair it with leggings: This is hands down the easiest and most common way of styling a Kurti. Select any Kurti of your choice and wear it with leggings. You can either pick a contrasting colour or maybe a complimenting colour of leggings for the Kurti. Furthermore, you can also make use of the colour wheel to choose the most appropriate shade. Next, you can find the least used colour in your Kurti and pick leggings of that colour.
- Wear it with a skirt: This is an offbeat yet chic combination often flaunted by Bollywood divas. It looks best when worn with a long Kurti. Select any long skirt and match it with the Kurti. You can also style it with silver jewelry and a bindi.
- Throw in a vest or a scarf: Layering often looks great with Kurtis. All you have to do is select an ethnic vest or a scarf and wear it over the Kurti. It is also a stylish way of making the most of your wardrobe and experimenting with your style.
- Add a belt or kummarbandh: Want to add some quirk and structure to your OOTD? Then this is a perfect styling option for you. Through in a best or a sequenced kummarbandh over your flared Kurti, and you are good to go. The belt will add definition to your structure and you twirl all day long.
- Dazzle with jewels: The best way to accessorize your Kurti is by adding some elegant jewelry. You can wear studs with collared or high-neck Kurtis, while chandbalis look gorgeous with V-neck ones. You can also style them with chokers, pendants, or long necklaces depending on the necklines.
Tip: When in the mood to create a bold statement look. it is important that the neckpiece compliments Kurti's neckline.
10 Stylish Long Kurtis for Every Occasion: Curated Options Just for You
1. Women Blue & Off-White Printed Anarkali Kurta
If you are looking for a Kurti that is perfect for daily use, then this is the one for you. It is elegant and comfortable pleated flared Kurti with three-quarter sleeves. Mostly made from cotton, it is ideal for the summers. You can easily wear it to your office or for a casual brunch. You can complement the keyhole neckline with a simple pendant or a silver choker. The blue and white motif Anarkali-styled Kurti will look gorgeous when paired with a white sleek palazzo. You can purchase the product from Myntra at only Rs. 1,699. There are six sizes available for you to choose from.
2. Women Red & Orange Bandhani Print Anarkali Kurta
Ornamented with Gotta Patti work, this pink and orange bandhani print Anarkali Kurti is the perfect addition to your festive wardrobe. Its vibrant colours let you make a bold statement. It is available in five sizes, from small to XXL. The ankle-length Kurti can be worn with white leggings and brown Punjabi jutties or heels. You can ditch the bangles for the heavily decorated three-quarter sleeves and enhance the round neckline with silver or Kundan earrings. This piece is available on Myntra for Rs. 4,999. Although, you can find it at discount from time to time.
3. Pink Rust & Grey Striped Long Kurta
Once you set eyes on this pink, rust, and grey long Kurti by Rust orange you can't possibly turn away. Made from breathable LIVA viscose material, this Kurti is available in six sizes. It is stunning party wear best suited for cocktail parties and dinners. You can complement the cowl neckline with a long neckpiece and stud earrings, or simple yet elegant jhumkas. Furthermore, if you like to experiment with your style, then you can also add a belt for a statement look. To complete the look, wear this striped long Kurti with cigarette pants or slim-fit palazzos. This Kurti is available on Rust Orange's Website for Rs. 1,399.
4.Saadgi Violet Chikankari Embroidered Kurta
This is the perfect Kurta for you if you are looking for a soothing and subtle shade of purple which can be worn as both casual or party wear. It is made up of georgette fabric which is known for its softness and comfort. It has chikankari work done on it which makes it appear like tiny pearls scattered beautifully across the sea. It comes along with a collar neckline which gives it a finished look. You can get this Kurti in 5 sizes from S to XXL. Pair it with white leggings and churidar to highlight your beauty subtly. The price of this Kurti is Rs.1,589.
5.Rust Cotton Flared Kurta Set
This Rust-Coloured Kurta set looks like a dream with its aesthetic floral pattern and flared silhouette. This Kurta set will give a royal look to anyone who wears it. It has a V-neckline thus it will accentuate your feminine beauty. It comes with loose-fitted three-fourth sleeves and palazzo pants. Mix up your wardrobe with this Kurti as it has modern elements in a traditional fit. It is available in 6 sizes from 32 to 42. This jaw-dropping kurta set is available on the BIBA website for the price of Rs.3,599.
6. Women Blue Floral Printed Kurta with Trousers & Dupatta
If you are looking for a kurta set that will make you fall in love at first sight, this is the one for you. Coloured in a deep shade of blue, this kurta has a mesmerizing design of floral motifs on it. It has a muted white coloured dupatta which compliments the blue shade of the kurta perfectly. It also comes with a matching mask. The kurta has a round neck with three-quarter sleeves and is made up of pure cotton. This kurta set is available on Myntra in 6 sizes from S to XXL at the price of Rs.1,479.
7.Flared Multicolour Cotton Printed Long Kurti
This flared multicolour Kurti has perfectly captured what it means to mix modern elements with traditional clothing. With its beautiful geometric prints in solid colours, this Kurti looks very captivating. The Kurti is ankle-length with a cinched waist that will give you a royal and finished look. This Kurti comes with a round neck and fitted three-fourth sleeves. Style it with minimal jewellery and you are all set to go. This multicoloured Kurti is available on Cilory in 5 sizes from M to XXXL for the price of Rs.949.
8. Women Sap Green Solid Symmetric Kurta
This sap green-coloured symmetric kurta reminds you of the soothing green fields in the valleys on a perfect summer evening. It is the perfect kurta if you are looking for something which is both comfortable as well as fashionable. This kurta comes with a mandarin collar which can be buttoned giving it a very chic look. The kurta has roll-up short sleeves with side slits and a straight hem. Pair this kurta with jeans and silver earrings to have an Indo-Western look. This kurta is available on Myntra in 7 sizes from XS to XXXL. This kurta is also very practical as its price is just Rs.479 so it's perfect for the budget shopper!
9. OMASK Women's Printed Rayon Anarkali Kurta with Embroidered Jacket
Looking for gorgeous festive wear to ramp up your style? Then do not miss out on this flared bandhani printed flared pink Kurti with white embroidered long sleeve jacket. Both the jacket and Kurti are made from rayon material that feels soft on the skin. You can find it in five sizes between medium and 3XL. Additionally, the white jacket comes separately, so you can also pair it with other dresses. You can accessorize this set with traditional chandbalis or jhumkas, and finish the look with a small bindi. You can find this Kurti-jacket set on Amazon for Rs. 2,999.
10.Nainvish Women/Girl's Pure Cotton Paisley Printed Kaftan Kurti with Pant
Perfect for the summers, this kaftan Kurti set with palazzos is a must-have. The material is soft and breathable. For a chic office look, you can accessorize this V-neck Kurti with a small pendant set. However, if you want to wear it for brunch or a casual hangout with friends and family, then you can throw in a belt. It is available on Amazon for Rs. 2,599 and has three colour options so you can pick the one that suits you best.
There are many Kurtis to choose from in the market. It also depends on the individual preference and how one will want it customized depending on the fabric they choose. Not all Kurtis will look good on every woman especially due to limiting factors such as height, body shape, age, status and complexion. Therefore, it is important to consider this and consult your fashion designer to help you choose which Kurti design is best for you and also in regard to the occasion you aim to attend. Choose a Kurti that blends well with not only your personality but also your body structure and make a fashion statement in whichever event you wear a designer Kurti to.