Saree with Jeans: Epitome of Style in the New Era
Trend to Follow
In this modern era, we can see many new styles of wearing a saree! In fact, saree with jeans or pants are in fact taking the fashion industry by storm. When it comes to the glamorous world, we can see the Bollywood divas such as Sonam Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha and many more actresses flaunting sarees paired with jeans, palazzos, and pants. So as this trend is catching on, it is a good idea to try out this new style.
A Great Pick for Jeans Lovers
No doubt, a saree paired with a pair of jeans will put you on top of the fashion trend. It is particularly a great option for those ladies who usually wear jeans and stay away from the 'troublesome' sarees. This new style of wearing saree on jeans, pants and palazzos will help you combine new and old in a striking way. These sarees are lightweight, comfortable and can be worn to a variety of events very easily.
The Designer Behind this Twist to Sarees: Nida Mahmood!
We know that this trend is emerging day by day and ladies are embracing it to show off in style. Well, this modernisation was taken into account by the pop art inspired designer Nida Mahmood. In the Wills Lifestyle Fashion Week Summer, Nida brought lungi-style sarees, commonly known as dhoti sarees, onto the ramp. It was highly loved and Nida’s sarees credited technical refinement. So, today such designer sarees are in the list of ladies who adore fashion.
Ultimate Guide to Wear Saree in With Pants: 2 Glamorous Styles
You can do online saree shopping to get such trendy sarees, but the good news is that you don't have to necessarily buy a special saree for it. You can do it yourself, thanks to a DIY option. Interested in draping a saree in this new style? Just read on to know the steps so that you can bring a twist to your sarees right away! You will get to know how to wear pant and dhoti style sarees at home!
Steps to Wear Pant Style Saree
- Step 1. First of all, take a saree which has shorter length as compared to regular sarees. It would be great if you pick a georgette or chiffon saree to make it a pant style saree.
- Step 2. Now you have to hold the end of your saree (non-pallu end) and start making pleats. You can make it according to your requirements, but 5 to 6 pleats will be fine. Make sure you secure it with the safety pin.
- Step 3. Tuck them inside your pants in the front center. Maintain them nicely so that the pleats are visible clearly.
- Step 4. Now grab the other end and drape the remaining saree around your waist. Toss the end on your left shoulder.
- Step 5. After this, start making pleats and secure them with pins on the shoulder of your blouse. Now, you are all set with your pant saree.
Steps to Wear Dhoti Style Saree
- Step 1. Dhoti style saree draping is pretty easy. First of all, you have to drape the satin or georgette saree around your lower waist. Make sure to leave 1 to 2 meters to the end of your saree (non-pallu end).
- Step 2. Start overlapping both of the ends and after that secure them with a safety pin at the centre. Now you have to make the pleats and then wrap it around your back. After that you have to bring the remaining portion to the front.
- Step 3. Now, just toss the pallu over your shoulder, make sure the pleats are neat. Secure it on blouse with safety pin. After that you have to take the lower portion of pallu, wrap it around your back and finally bring it to your front. Make sure to fix with safety pins and it must showcase clean pleats.
- Step 4. After this, you have to take the remaining portion from left and drape the pleats in the form of dhoti. Fix with safety pin and bring it back while maneuvering between the legs and then tuck it.
- Step 5. Now, bring the falling section at the front and tuck it in the centre. Make sure to secure front drape with pins in order to prevent pleats from opening. You have achieved the desired look!
Tips To Carry off This Fusion Style with Panache
Creating the Saree Pants Look Right
- Pick the right bottom: Choose pants that are well-fitting and relatively form fitting as you want the bottom to enhance your look. Too loose or ill-fitting bottoms can make the whole outfit look sloppy. The best options to consider include: skinny jeans, cigarette pants, tight churidars, and palazzos.
- Match the right fabrics: Make sure to match up the fabric kinds. Either ensure they are the same or they look good together. For example jeans with georgette may look good, but silk with cotton may not.
- Go bold with the blouse: In fusion wear, it makes sense to change up all aspects of the outfit. For wearing sarees with pants, your best bet is to make the blouse stand out. You can wear: crop tops, bell sleeves tops, peplum style tops and off-shoulder blouses
- Accessories are very important: Given that the outfit will be making waves on its own, you may want to go low key on the jewellery, unless it is a festive occasion. Keep it a minimum with small earrings and simple neckpieces. In terms of shoes, you are free to experiment. For casual occasions, try wearing open-toed sandals and sneakers. If it's a formal event, it is best to pair with simple heels and wedges.
Stunning Readymade Options of Pant Style Sarees
White and Pink Palazzo Saree
When style is your primary choice, then nothing can beat this classy White and Pink Palazzo Saree. Coming in feminine colours, this ultimate saree showcases sheer charm. It is a designer piece that is made from the zenith quality viscose rayon fabric for high durability. This saree measures 5.5 meters in length, 1.06 meters in width and comes with a blouse piece of 0.8 meter. It is featured with yellow piping on the blouse that enhances its grace. You can wear this chic saree to office parties, engagements and other small events. This elegant saree is available at Myntra and you can purchase it at Rs.1,649 only. The best part is, you get one of the best online sarees at a price that falls well in your budget.
Lavender Georgette Solid Pant Style Saree
Another exotic piece which makes for a great wardrobe collection is this red and lavender georgette solid pant style saree. Royal hue, sheer grace and fashionable item, what else you need? This saree features an off shoulder blouse with slight detailing. The blouse and pant of this saree is made from the best quality art silk and its dupatta is made of georgette that lends it a good durability. Its blouse measures 1 meter and its dupatta as well as pant is 2.50 meters. Dry clean is recommended to retain its grace and shine for years. You can get it from Amazon at Rs.1,599 only. This sophisticated outfit can be worn to different events and you can also give it as a gift to your friend.
Chic Printed Pant Saree
This beige pant saree features elegant and understated printed motifs on pallu while the rest of the dress is plain. The set includes a high neck blouse in beige, with a halter neck pattern featuring pleated detailing. The material for both is crepe. This is a great option for work occasions or a cocktail party. You can buy it for rs. 16,000 on Aza
Foil Printed Fusion Palazzo Saree
Ethnic as well as stylish, this delicately printed floral saree is a must-have piece for every lady. Made from optimum quality rayon, this charming saree is comfy as well as durable. It showcases cut flowers across its body that makes it a quirky item. This saree length measures 5.5 meters and its blouse length measures 80 cms. It features coral pink colour that suits on all skin tones and its vibrant grace ensures to bring compliments to you. It is available in S, M, L, XL and 2XL, and you can grab it from LavanyaEC site at Rs.7000 only. This fabulous saree will go well with any occasion.
Classic Dhoti Pant Saree
Dhoti type sarees are undoubtedly dominating the trend and you can stay up to date with the vogue by picking this classic dhoti pant saree. This outfit will surely make you stand out of a crowd because of its unique style. It exudes striking print in green and features a contrasting look with grey blouse. It is made from the best quality rayon and silk combination for lasting elegance. The length of this saree is 6.3 meters and it will keep you away from the hassles of draping. This exclusive saree is perfect to rock any party or event. You can buy this dhoti style saree from gulabidorijaipur.com at Rs.2350 only.
Light Purple Color Georgette Dhoti Saree
No doubt that sarees add up to the beauty of women but when a slight twist is made in sarees, the outcome brings a new dimension this ethnic wear. One example is this light purple color georgette dhoti saree. It showcases a great fusion of fashionable and traditional wear. This chic item is made from the premium quality georgette that offers it good durability. It has a luxurious off shoulder blouse, which makes it a poised piece. This saree comes in three different options – first is unstitched, which costs Rs.13,800, second is the stitched saree that costs an additional Rs.1,500 and the third is customised stitched, which costs additional Rs.1,700. You can purchase this well-designed saree from Fashion Online. Grab it today and add it in your best saree collection.
Bright Lime Saree Set With Mirror Work
If you love the ethnic look , then this ‘Lime Mirror Work Saree’ should be on your shopping list.
Created out of Georgette this drape saree is sure to make a statement with its intricate mirror work detailing. It measures 5.5 meters in length and 1.06 meters in width, and its blouse measures 0.8 meter. You can pair it up with matching jewellery to get classy look with ethnic touch. It costs Rs.3,795 and can be purchased from alayabystage3.com.
Pink & Gold Art Silk Dhoti Saree
If you are looking for a saree with some gleaming sheen, then grab this Pink and Gold Art Silk Dhoti Saree. It is the best festive dhoti saree that you can wear on weddings, receptions and other occasions. Its dhoti is made of art silk and its dupatta of chiffon is attached to it. It comes without a blouse piece and you can wear any pink or golden blouse that you might already have at your home. Easy to drape, you will love to flaunt this sheer beautiful piece. It is available in two sizes – medium and extra-large. You can buy it from Amazon at Rs.1,499 only. With this saree, you do not have to worry about how to wear a saree in the dhoti style, because you just have to put on it and walk in style.
Sunshine Saree Pants
Perfect for casual outings, this Bandhej Saree Pants in bright yellow is sure to make you stand out. The set has delicate bandhej print in gold all over while the blouse is in plain white, creating a great contrast. The pants offer convenient features like side seam pockets as well as an elastic waist. You can experiment with the blouse to create different looks, from daring to traditional. Buy this set(blouse not included) from Aapro for Rs. 8500.
Gota Embroidered Pant Saree
This chic baby blue saree is perfect for you if you really wish to make a statement! This saree is made from Georgette fabric and features heavy embroidery. It comes with a classy off-shoulder blouse and churidar pants. This delicate saree is a great fusion of traditional as well as contemporary style. It is available in XS, S, M and L sizes. It is a designer saree themed on Bollywood and you can buy it from VastaQueen at Rs.1699. You also have an option to check COD eligibility before buying it so as to have a hassle-free arrival.
Stylish Palazzo Saree
It is indeed great to have a saree with a modern twist in today’s era. This ‘Berry Pant Saree’ exudes a festive yet trendy style and you can wear this to any function. This is a ready-to-wear saree that is made of 100% viscose. Featuring a lovely jewel pink tone, the saree offers a understated elegance. The set is complete so you can buy it without worries of buying matching wear. You can shop it from Global Desi at Rs.750 only. Dry cleaning is recommended for this saree and you can iron it without steam. It is lightweight, easy to drape and a very versatile saree that will surely become your life long companion.
Cream Chiffon Self Design Pant Style Saree
Exhibiting sheer grace, this Cream Chiffon Self Design Pant Style Saree is a gorgeous western style saree which you can consider. It features exquisite brocade, stupendous chiffon dupatta and art silk pants. With its striking blend of cream and golden hues, this saree will surely make you a show stopper. Its pants measure 2.50 meters, blouse is 1 meter and dupatta is 2.50 meters. Made from the finest quality fabrics, it showcases master craftsmanship. Only dry clean is recommend for his golden saree. It costs Rs.1,799 only and you can grab it from Amazon. You can wear this saree on several occasions and it can also be given as a gift to friends as well as family.
Oomph and Elegance
The saree will cater to the elegance, and the pants, palazzos and jeans will cater to the oomph of your outfit. All you need to do is make sure you're comfortable in the outfit, and you wear it to right occasions, with the right amount of jewellery. Too much of jewellery is not advised for an outfit of this kind. So, keep yourself light and make heads turn!