Why Mug Cakes Are Getting So Popular?
Great Alternative of Regular Cakes
There is no doubt in the fact that mug cakes are amazing alternative to regular cakes and hell easy to make too. You can try wonderful mug cake recipes eggless to try out and see for yourself how convenient it is to make a mug cake as compared to making a regular cake. Most importantly, when it comes to portions, mug cakes are always a better option to pick.
Easy and Quick to Make
You need not learn any sort of special techniques or hacks to make mug cakes as they are super simple to make. In fact, you do not even need any other utensils except for the mug to make these cakes. Simply follow the process and pour all ingredients in that mug, whisk it well and you are good to go. Moreover, it hardly takes 2-3 minutes to prepare these cakes which is another convenient thing about them.
Needs Basic Ingredients
If you aren’t looking forward towards making anything fancy then mug cakes are exactly your type. You just need simple ingredients to prepare this cake. Moreover, most of these ingredients are usually available in your kitchen all the time like all-purpose flour, baking soda, vanilla extract, sugar etc. Isn’t it great that you can make something superb out of these basic ingredients?
Mug Cake Recipes to Try: Easy Eggless Versions You Need to Try!
1. Eggless Chocolate Mug Cake
Who doesn’t like a quick chocolate cake especially when you only need a few minutes to make it. Try this super simple eggless chocolate mug cake recipe which is super rich in flavor and texture and only need 2 minutes to bake.
- 4tbsp all purpose flour and 4tbsp white sugar
- 3tbsp milk and 2tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil and 1 pinch baking powder
- 1tbsp semi sweet chocolate chips and 1tbsp sliced almonds
- Combine sugar, milk, all-purpose flour, olive oil, cocoa powder and baking powder in your mug and mix well until you get a uniform batter.
- Stir in some chocolate chips and almonds in it.
- Place the mug in microwave for about 2 minutes or until your cake risen. Enjoy it with some chocolate sauce drizzled into it.
2. Vanilla Mug Cake
The thing about vanilla flavored cakes and pastries is that despite being so basic, you never really get over them. In fact, you can eat them over and over again. This vanilla mug cake recipe here is just the same and you should definitely give it a try.
- 4tbsp all-purpose flour and 2tbsp sugar
- 1/2tsp baking powder and 4tbsp milk
- 1 ½ tbsp. flavorless oil and ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp funfetti sprinkles
- Take a microwave safe mug and whisk flour, baking powder and sugar in it.
- Now, add wet ingredients like oil, milk and vanilla extract and mix until the ingredients are combined well.
- Stir in some sprinkles in it and microwave for 45 seconds – 1 minute.
- Serve this mug cake warm with some vanilla ice cream on top.
3. Red Velvet Mug Cake
Red velvet is such an amazing flavor and what else would you want if you can make red velvet flavored mug cake recipes eggless on your own. It is a simple 2 minute recipe which is super delicious and super quick to make and there is no way anyone wouldn’t like it.
- 8tbsp all-purpose flour and 4tbsp powdered sugar
- 2tbsp cocoa powder and ½ tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt and 5tbsp unsalted butter
- 6tbsp full cream milk and ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp vinegar and 5 drops of red food color
- Few pieces of chocolates and whipped cream for serving
- 1/2 tsp sugar crystals
- Take a bowl and add all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and powdered sugar in it and mix well.
- Further add milk, melted butter, vanilla extract, vinegar and red food color and mix well.
- Transfer everything into a microwave safe mug and add chopped pieces of chocolates.
- Mix gently and microwave for 2 minutes, serve hot.
4. Banana and Chocochip Mug Cake
Chocolate chip cake with the amazing flavor and goodness of banana is something nobody would want to miss out on. You should also get your hands on it by baking one for yourself. Try this superb recipe of banana and chocolate chip mug cake and enjoy the winters with warm comfort food.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and 2tbsp mashed bananas
- 2tbsp cocoa powder and ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk and 2tsp oil
- 2tbsp chocolate chips
- Take a microwave safe mug and add all-purpose flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in it and mix well.
- Now, add milk and oil and prepare a consistent batter.
- Finally, stir in mashed bananas and chocolate chips and microwave this for 1 minute. Check it and microwave again for 30 seconds if needed.
- Serve hot.
5. Funfetti Mug Cake
You can make whichever recipe of mug cake eggless in microwave as you wish. We found one more of such recipes in form of this super interesting Funfetti Mug Cake. This is something every kid would want to have so check out this recipe provided right below.
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour and 2tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder and 2tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup milk and 1tsp vanilla essence
- 2tbsp funfetti/sprinkles
- Brush your mug with some oil/butter and add wheat flour and baking powder in it.
- Now add sugar, melted butter, vanilla essence and milk and mix it all well.
- Finally, stir in some funfettis and microwave it for 1 – 2 minutes and enjoy with some ice cream on top.
6. Mango Mug Cake
Mug cakes can be called distant cousin of cup cakes and both of them are simply amazing in taste. You can try this unique mug cake recipes eggless which is called mango mug cake. This recipe is a must to try out in summers and you would surely want to try it over and over again.
- 4tbsp all-purpose flour and 2tbsp sugar
- 1tbsp condensed milk and 3tbsp mango chopped
- 1/2 tsp baking powder and 3tbsp milk
- 1tbsp oil/butter and 1tsp vanilla extract
- Take a big bowl and mix all the dry ingredients in it.
- Now, pour all the wet ingredients and mix it all well to make a uniform mixture.
- Apply little butter to the inside of a microwave safe mug and pour the batter in it. Finally fold in the chopped mangoes in it.
- Microwave it for 2 minutes on high setting and your cake is ready.
7. Snicker's Mug Cake
Making Snickers mug cake is a completely different and super cool idea that you shouldn’t miss out on. It tastes way different than other mug cakes and also it is super delicious in terms of flavor. So, if you are a big fan of snickers then there is no way you won’t like this mug cake.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4tsp baking powder and ¼ cup milk
- 2tsp oil and 2tbsp caramel
- 2tbsp caster sugar and crushed toasted almonds
- Take a microwave safe mug and mix all-purpose flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in it.
- After mixing dry ingredients, pour wet ingredients in it like oil, milk, caramel and finally caster sugar. Mix everything together to make a smooth batter.
- Stir in some crushed toasted peanuts and microwave it for 1 minute or until the cake risen. Your snicker’s mug cake is ready now.
8. Walnut Brownie Mug Cake
What if you could even make a brownie in a mug and that too in just a few minutes? Well, it is absolutely possible now with this superb recipe of walnut brownie mug cake here. It is delicious and most importantly healthy because of whole wheat flour being used in it.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and 2tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder and ¼ cup milk
- 2tbsp melted butter and 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2tbsp cocoa powder and 1tbsp finely chopped walnuts
- Brush the mug with some oil and then mix whole wheat flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in it lightly.
- Now add sugar, vanilla essence, milk and butter and mix everything together.
- Finally add chopped walnuts and light mix.
- Microwave it for 1-2 minute and enjoy hot.
9. Apple Cinnamon Mug Cake
Apple pies are mouthwatering but they need absolute patience and time to be prepared. We have found a shortcut to enjoy the similar flavor in form of this apple cinnamon mug cake here. Try this sweet and fruity mug cake with the recipe given below.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and 2tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder and 2tbsp finely chopped apple pieces
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder and 2tbsp melted butter
- 1tsp vanilla essence and ¼ cup milk
- Thinly sliced apples
- Start by greasing the mug from the inside with some oil.
- Mix whole wheat flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder gently in the mug.
- Now add caster sugar in it followed by milk, butter and vanilla essence and mix well to prepare a uniform mixture.
- Finally add apple pieces and mix and then microwave for 1-2 minute. Serve with thinly sliced apple pieces on top of it.
10. Oreo and Cream Mug Cake
One of the most interesting microwave mug cake eggless recipe is this one of Oreo and cream mug cake. Oreo is one of the most popular cookie brands in India and there is no way that you can go wrong while using it in a cake. Try this simple but awesome Oreo and cream mug cake recipe and enjoy some wonderful flavors.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder and ¼ cup milk
- 2tsp oil and 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/4 cup crushed Oreos
- Take a microwave safe mug and pour all the dry ingredients in it like all-purpose flour, baking powder and caster sugar. Mix them well.
- Now pour milk, oil and cream cheese in this mixture and combine everything altogether.
- Finally, fold in crushed oreos in it.
- Microwave it for 1 minute or more if needed and your oreo and cream mug cake is ready to devour.
Tips to Make Perfect Mug Cake
Although it is super simple to make mug cake eggless or with eggs. However, you can always use some handy tips to make sure that you make absolutely perfect and delicious mug cakes every single time. Keeping in mind that, we found some great and simple tips to follow from ace cooks which can help you in making perfect mug cakes.
Mug isn't Necessary!
As shocking as it may sound the mug isn’t the most necessary item in a mug cake. Apparently, you can use any utensil which is microwavable whether it is a glass or jar or ceramic ramekins. Anything would work as long as it is microwave proof and it is large enough to hold your mug cake mixture. You can also try the recipes 1 or 2 times before experimenting with different items.
Use Self Rising Flour
Instead of using regular all-purpose flour, you can rather use self-rising flour and this trick also works well for regular cakes too. In fact, you can make the batch of self-rising flour on your own instead of buying it from the market. Just mix 1 cup all-purpose flour with ¾ teaspoon baking powder and a pinch of kosher salt. This helps your cake to rise better and to turn out super soft.
Only Fill Half of Your Mug
Those who are filling their mug super full with the batter and then crying out, why didn’t the recipe work for you should totally learn from their failure. To try mug cake recipes eggless, you should better fill your mug only halfway. Not only does it give your batter the space to rise and settle but also protects it from overflowing and spilling in your microwave all over.
Butter and Oil
Of course, oil is a wonderful substitute for butter when it comes to making home-made cakes and mug cakes but nothing can beat the taste of butter. Butter not only gives better taste to your mug cakes but also makes it a lot softer and less chewy. On the other hand, oil may work well for your cakes but it can give a weird taste as well as chewy texture to your cake which you would not want to have.
Must Try Mug Cake Recipes
While it is as easy as simply following the steps, you will also have to take care of some minor mistakes that many do. For instance, don't fill the mug or utensil used to the brim. Give the cake space to rise and filling it halfway is just fine. There are other considerations such as the use of butter to enhance the taste and for a better outcome, using self-raising flour. All in all, these mug cake recipes, eggless will give you a sweet tooth so, when deciding on the size, you don't necessarily have to use the regular sized mug, you can go for alternative mug-sized ceramic or glass utensils depending on the mug cake size you want.