Men Must Take Care of Their Looks Too!
Men are known to be fitness freaks, but very few of them take care of their skin. The skin is a vital organ, and your face is the first feature in your body that allows people to have an impression about you. If you have a glowing complexion instead of a dull one, people can have a favourable opinion about you.
The skin protects you filter the toxins and regulate the body temperature. The only facial skincare that most men undertake is their beard. However, you must understand the importance of taking care of your skin too. You must follow a regular cleansing routine along with exfoliation and moisturising the skin. While you may not have time during the day, night creams can ensure that you have brighter skin if you use it regularly. In this article, we discuss some of the night creams that are suitable for men.
Tips on Selecting the Right Night Cream for Men
- The type of skin: It is essential to check whether the night cream that you choose will suit your type of skin. All night creams do not suit everyone – men or women. Hence, you must understand your skin type and then do online research to find out the suitable ones. Else, you may have a few skin problems. For example, if you have oily skin, you must not use the heavy, greasy ones. Similarly, the ones that work for dry skin will not suit anyone with oily skin.
- The ingredients: It is necessary to know about the ingredients that are used in making the cream. You must do this check for all skincare products. There could be some ingredients against which you could have an allergy. It is always safe to research what all chemicals are used to make the product. Most night creams are made of vitamins C and E, coffee beans extract, etc. and many other similar useful chemicals. Also, understand the benefits that the ingredients will bring to you and check whether they align with what you have thought.
- Why you need it?: Understandably, you would not have the time for skincare during the day, and the best time would be when you are asleep. This is also the reason that night creams are so popular these days. However, you must have reasonable goals in place that will enable you to zero in on the night cream suitable for you. You must first consult with a dermatologist to understand the facial skin care-related problems you are facing. It will help you to select the ideal night cream and minimise those problems.
- Avoid harmful chemicals: When you are choosing a night cream, you must also look out for harmful chemicals. Some of the skincare products may have parabens or sulphates that could cause more harm to the skin than good. Moreover, you must stay away from alcohol-based creams as they can harm your skin; if it causes harm, if your skin is sensitive. Given that you have to apply it before hitting the bed, you must ensure that they do not have a strong fragrance as it can hamper your sleep. Also, the night cream must not have any SPF ingredients.
- The brand: It is safe to opt for renowned brands, and the skincare industry is no different. Moreover, most of us have a particular liking for branded products. However, branded products have been in the industry for a long time and devote a significant investment towards research, and you can rest assured of having the best products. If you choose a product from a lesser-known brand, you can end up causing more harm to your skin than good. It becomes necessary to undertake proper research about the branded products that are available. You can also take the help of a skincare expert in your quest for having better looks.
Best Night Cream for Men: Pick One of These for Radiant Glowing Skin
Kaya Youth Oxy-Infusion Night Cream
Kaya is a renowned brand in the skincare industry and has a wide range of products for both men and women. This one helps to enhance the supply of oxygen to the skin while you take rest and sleep through the night. It also replenishes the moisture in the skin and removes the dark and dry spots. It is not oil-based and helps in removing the dullness and uneven tone of your skin.
It has been formulated by skincare experts and is ideal for men with dry skin. It is also suitable for those with sensitive skin. It also helps in the microcirculation of oxygen that brings the glow you want in your face. Men can apply the cream before hitting the bed. They must wash their face before using it.
A 60 grams bottle costs Rs. 199 on the company’s website.
Lakme's Perfect Radiance Intense Whitening Night Repair Creme
Lakme is another skincare brand and has a range of whitening cream for men too. This night whitening cream for men is rich in several nutrients for the skin like vitamin E apart from glycerine, making your skin brighter. It repairs and moisturises the skin apart from giving it a radiant glow. The night repair cream is known to even your skin tone too.
The cream works for men with all skin types and helps to even out the skin tone. It can be used on oily skin, too, as it does not feel overly sticky. However, for those with dry skin, it could not be easy to be used during the winter.
A 50 grams bottle is priced at Rs. 340 and is available on Amazon.
Assure Natural Active Anti-Aging Night Cream Vitamin E Enriched
This entry from the Assure range of products helps in the replenishment of your skin through an anti-ageing formula. Its formula contains beta-hydroxy and pro-retinol that helps in fighting wrinkles. The cream works beneath the skin to reduce the age-induced wrinkles. It also has vitamin E that helps revitalise the skin without any added oils. The intense moisturising effect ensures your skin is smooth and soft.
It has been tested by dermatologists and is free from any oils. It is also known not to be the cause for pimples. Your skin appears younger, firmer, and plumper. A 60 grams bottle is priced at Rs. 218 on buyhatke.com.
L'Oreal Paris White Perfect Night Cream
L'Oreal is known to be another renowned brand in the skincare segment, and how can we miss its product on this list! It is an excellent night cream that brightens your skin and provides you with a radiant look. The product contains tourmaline and melanin vanish that lessens the production of melanin in your skin. The spots on your skin are reduced every you apply it on your skin.
It is non-greasy and gets in your skin quickly. It is nourishing and hydrating and ideal for you during the summer. The product is suitable for all skin types but is more effective for combination and oily skin. It lightens and removes dark spots and provides an even skin tone. It also works against any suntan.
A 50 ml bottle is priced at Rs. 358 and is available on Amazon.
Garnier Light Complete Night Cream
The Garnier brand must find its way into any list of the best skincare brands, and it must not be surprising to find a place on this list. The night cream is enriched with vitamin C and yoghurt Bifidus. It acts on your skin while you are fast asleep. If you use it continuously, you are bound to be rewarded with a natural glow and an even skin tone.
This cream from the Garnier range ensures that the tanned portions are healed, and the Long Dan extract can reduce the dark spots on your skin and lessen the effect of skin darkening. It helps to remove the dead cells and brightens your skin over time. Your skin is nourished overnight and is fresher and smoother in the morning.
A 40 grams bottle is priced at Rs. 148 and is available on Amazon.
The Man Company Skin Brightening Cream Multani Mitti and Cocoa Butter
The Man Company has a range of products that can work on your uneven skin tone due to the sun's harsh exposure. It will help to bring back the lost glow in your face. The cream is made from natural formula and contains cocoa butter and Multani mitti. The product helps to heal the damaged skin from within and provides a healthier-looking skin.
It contains tamarind extract that is rich in vitamins A and C and reduces the dark spots and provides a brighter skin tone. It does not contain paraben and sulphate compounds and thereby not harmful for your skin. The presence of magnesium chloride also reduces blackheads and acne.
It is priced at a premium, and a 50 grams bottle is priced at Rs. 699, available on the company’s website.
Olay Night Cream Natural White Fairness Night Moisturiser
The range of Olay products is renowned in the skincare and fairness cream segment. The Olay Night cream ensures your skin works to stay bright while you are sleeping at night. Your skin is nourished and has several benefits. The cream has vitamins B3, pro-B5 and E, and is suitable for regular use.
The cream reduces the transfer of melanin to the surface of the skin. It brightens your dull skin and reduces the appearance of dark spots. The skin tone is brightened and moisturises the skin and reduces the visibility of the pores. The cream is light and not sticky and can be applied on the face and neck throughout the night.
A bottle of 50 grams costs Rs. 313 and is available on Amazon.
mCaffeine Naked Detox Green Tea Night Gel
If you wish to have glowing skin, then this night cream is ideal for you. It also suits oily skin as it is light and does not stick on to the skin for a long time. One of its main ingredients is green tea, which is rich in antioxidants. The damage to your skin due to excess pollution is reduced, and so are the wrinkles and fine lines.
The cream contains hyaluronic acid and vitamin C, and several other nutrients that help keep your skin young. The hyaluronic acid acts as a conditioner while the vitamin C acts against pigmentation of the skin. It is free from paraben and silicones that make it safe to be used every day. It has been tested by dermatologists and maintains pH balance in the skin.
A 50 ml bottle is priced at Rs. 515 available on Amazon.
WOW Anti Aging Night Cream
This night cream also helps to reduce ageing effects that ensure in place on this list. It is rich in ingredients that help in collagen synthesis. The roughness and wrinkles on the skin are reduced. If applied daily, it can remove the lines on your forehead and smoothens the lines around your mouth. The cream does not contain any harmful chemicals like paraben, glycol, and other mineral oils.
The cream's main ingredients are olive oil, shea butter, aloe vera extract, including hyaluronic acid, which has excellent anti-ageing properties. The skin elasticity is boosted and moisturises and rejuvenates the skin. The cream is also known to have Matrixyl 3000 Peptides, a secret chemical that helps repair the skin.
It is a premium product, and a 50 ml bottle costs Rs. 599, available on company’s website.
StBotanica Retinol Advanced Anti Aging Night Cream
We finish off this list with an entry from St Botanica. It contains vitamin C, retinol along with hyaluronic acid. It is also known to be among the best options available for middle-aged men. It also has other essential ingredients like lipids, proteins, and other micronutrients. The dead skin is peeled off by the retinol and the Matrixyl 3000 to increase your skin elasticity.
The extra moisture in your skin is provided by the shea butter and the Moroccan argan oil present in the cream. Your skin is hydrated through the night, and the blemishes are removed, leading to an even complexion. It suits all types of skin and is readily absorbed too.
A 50 grams bottle costs Rs. 899, and is available on Amazon.
Make Sure You Buy & Use Original Products Only!
With more and more brands entering the skincare sphere, are rising the number of fraudulent brands, which will claim to give you instant results in a short period, of which you won't even be able to find a trace after a while. Hence, be wary of buying products from the original and popular brands only, especially when it comes to healthcare and skincare products!