Most Common Types of Hair
Straight hair has no waves or curls. This type of hair is usually tough because the natural oil that its scalp produces deeply penetrates the hair from roots to the tip. These hair are also shiny and soft and one of the best properties these is that they grow easily and are strong.
It is a little difficult to style straight hair because they are usually silky and lack volume. This type of hair is also likely to get greasy more quickly because the follicles are more smooth. Moreover, people with straight hair experience more split ends, and thus, face more hair problems. Since straight hair is wispy and thin, women with straight hair are recommended to go for a layered haircut.
Wavy hair is a perfect hair type to have. This is because, unlike straight-haired people, you do not have to deal with the volume issues, and unlike people with curly hair, you do not have to work on the frizziness. This kind of hair gives a classy and sleeky look, and you can easily switch between different hairstyles from straightening to adding curls.
They also grow really easy and all the hair styling products work on them as well. However, they are less flexible and need a lot of hair care and oiling. They, moreover, get dirty easily due to humidity and blow-dry makes them a complete disaster. Short Bob cut is recommended for this type of hair.
Curly hair has tight spirals, tangles, or loose ringlets. It contains a little more waves and usually has more frizziness and is prone to breakage as well. During combing, curly hair falls a lot as it is usually thin and gets frizzy easily.
People with curly hair also encounter limpness and flyaways. This type of hair takes more time in growth as well. However, it is easy to style this type of hair because of the high volume and thick texture. It does not get greasy easily and do not fall flat too. Furthermore, you don't have to spray them for additional volume. Asymmetrical curly bob cut is recommended for maintaining your curly hair like a pro.
Coily hair contains a lot of coils and curls in the S and Z-shaped pattern. This type of hair has a lot of volume, and can also be styled in many different ways. People with this type of hair have a healthy scalp because its coils prevent sunlight from affecting the scalp.
Coily hair, moreover, is always in trend and looks very stylish. However, breakage is very common for this hair type; the texture is very fine and coarse. They are usually dry and require hair spray for styling. The coils of the hair are tightly packed together, and therefore, the hair texture is rough. Also, they need a lot of hair products to straighten them and are very fragile, thus, short, straight bob cut is recommended.
Ten New Hairstyles to Improve Your Overall Look
This is an easy, effortless hairstyle that you can wear to the office, college, or at a casual party. It will be a great alternative for your everyday, simple ponytail.
- Start by adding some texturizing spray on your hair. Try and focus this around the crown of your hair as it will give your hair more volume, texture, and a great smell. Now toss all your hair behind your shoulders, and loosely gather them, just as you do while making a ponytail.
- Next, place the hair above your ears and grab the base of your ponytail, and tightly twist it clockwise. Make one full turn and hold it with the other hand, and repeat till you reach the nape of your neck. Remember to keep it nice and tight, and if it does not turn out right the first time, you can always do it again. Once you reach the nape of your neck, stop.
- Now pull up small sections of hair around the crown to add volume. The next step is bobby pinning. Starting at the top, take your pin and hook some hair from the twist, and then slide and pin it underneath the twist, against your head. Repeat this till the end of the twist.
Space buns are the most trendy hairstyle nowadays, and everyone can wear them, doesn't matter if the hair length is long or short. To make this hairstyle, you need a brush, a comb, some elastic ties, and a few bobby pins, some hair spray, and a clip.
- Start by brushing with a big paddle brush, and then, take a fishtail comb and divide your hair into two. Next, take one side and position the ponytail where it looks best.
- If you want your buns to be visible from every position, keep them at the top. Then, secure the ponytail at the top with an elastic hair tie and do the same thing on the other side.
- Afterwards, take a little bit of rusk glue and put it on your hair. Don't make it too smooth, instead, keep it a little messy. Now, create a bun by wrapping it around the base of the ponytail and use some bobby pins to clip them into one place.
- Make sure that you make a tight bun and that it doesn't come off easily. After you're done with this part, do the same thing with the other side. In the end, put some hairspray on your hair.
This one is Elsa's amazing textured French braid from Disney's movie, Frozen. This is super easy and makes you look like a princess as well. This will let you rock any event that you want.
- First, you need to add a lot of volume on the top of your hair. You may do this in sections, by using a texturizing powder. Then, take a brush and smoothen the top so they don't look too crinkly.
- Now, take a small section of hair and twist it a bit. Make three of these twists on the right side and three on the left. Make them loose and align them towards the middle of the head.
- Afterwards, bobby-pin it in the back by crossing a couple of pins. Next, start picking a little hair in the middle, a little on the left, and a little on the right and start making a braid. Make a French braid on the back, with loose sides.
- Now, gather all the hair and finish it off with a loose three-strand braid and secure the braid at the bottom with an elastic hair tie. At last, start from the bottom and loosen up the whole braid to make it appear thick.
The Halo Braid
This classy hairstyle is perfect for a casual party as it will make you look even more attractive. The things that you will require to make this hairstyle are some hair grips, and a few elastic ties.
- First, divide your hair in the center by using a fishtail brush. Make sure that the line is neat and straight. Now, select the first bit from one of the sides, and twine it in a simple dutch braid. This is just like a regular braid, but instead of putting a shrimp over, you are going to put them under.
- Now repeat the same to the other side, and put a bit of hair in it as well. Repeat this over and over again.
- Try and finish the braid towards the back of the head. When you have reached the nape of your neck, change the positioning of your hand, and hold the braid from the back of the head and continue.
- When doing this braid, make sure that you do it into a curve and wind around your whole head. Once you have completed the braid, secure it with a stretchy hair tie, and tuck it at the bottom of the head, and bobby-pin your whole braid.
Easy Under Braids
Easy Under Braid, also known as the Dutch braid or the box braid, is a little different than the French braid as these pop out. All you need to make this popular braid a hairbrush, elastic hair ties, and a fishtail brush.
- Start in the front, at the heart line by grabbing a small triangular section out of the front, and breaking it up into three strands. Now, pull your outer strands under the middle strands. This will be just like a regular free strand braid, but it will not be from above and instead from underneath.
- After putting the strand underneath for the first two times, grab some hair and add it to one of the side strands and then to the other. Continue doing this till you reach the end of the three strands and when its done, secure the Dutch braid by using an elastic.
- Now, all that you need to do is repeat on the opposite side of the head. Make sure that it is symmetrical to this one or it won't look good. In the end, you will have two, symmetrical Dutch braids that will help you rock any party that you go to.
Short Bangs Updo
If you have bangs, you will probably know, it kind of gets boring to just wear them straight every day. So, every once in a while you will want to spice things up and do something different to them. If so, here are three different ways to wear bangs.
- The first one is the easiest and the simplest one. It is to wear them straight. For this one, just put your hair on a circular brush and use a blow drier to straighten them out a bit. You may even use a hair straightener but that is not recommended as it will straighten them out too much.
- The next one is a braided way for which you will have to divide the bangs into three sections and then form a French or a Dutch braid with them. Once you have made it bobby-pin it with the hair and cover the tip with some more of your hair.
- If you do not want to fuss with the braids, what you could do is just grab the bangs and then just twist them away from your face. Then grab more hair and repeat a few times before bobby-pinning them and covering them with more hair.
Side Braided Ponytail
This is a great hairstyle because it gets all the hair out of your face, but you have a really pretty design thing going on as well. It will surely get you a lot of compliments. To make the super-easy hairstyle, all you need is a hairbrush, fishtail, bobby pins, and an elastic hair tie.
- You can start off with any texture of hair like straight or curly, etc. Put a side-part into your hair by using a fishtail brush. Now, you start making a Dutch braid by taking a little section of your hair from the crown and sliding them down towards the opposite side.
- Next, take a chunk of your hair and separate them into three pieces and bring them under one another. Continue this and keep adding a bit of hair to it as well. Once you have gotten to exactly the opposite side of the partition, start braiding lowly, and do not add any more hair to it.
- Do this low enough that you can easily make a ponytail from it. Once you have reached the point, secure it by using an elastic hair tie. The last step is to tie the whole hair together.
Try this hairstyle, and you will be able to notice the increased number of compliments that you receive. These will also help improve the number of likes you get on pictures that you post on your social media accounts. To get these natural loose curls, all that you will need is some heat resistant, a hairbrush, a curling iron, a hair clip, and hair spray.
- First, start your curling iron, and set it on the preferred temperature, and leave it for now. Now, put on some heat resistant to protect your hair from the iron's heat.
- Next, put on some hair spray on the heat resistant, and divide your hair in half and gather them on top with a hair clip.
- After this, start by holding little bits of sections of hair from the back of your head and curling them properly. When curling, you should hold the hair against the iron for 15 to 20 seconds to get proper curls.
- Do not drop your hair right after heating, instead, drop them into your hand and let them cool for a couple of seconds before dropping them down. Repeat this with all your hair to have the perfect loose curls.
Beach waves look very classy and are versatile as well. Moreover, this is probably the most liked hairstyle by the celebrities and is perfect for both long as well as shorter hair lengths. You only need the right tools and hair styling products to achieve this cool summer look. To make this hairstyle, you need a flat iron, hair spray, hair clips, hair serum, and a wide-toothed comb.
- The very first step is to apply the hair serum and then straighten all your hair. This will make your hair a bit flatter for easy styling. Now, brush your hair properly to remove all the crinkles. You do not want to completely straighten your hair, instead, keep them rough. You may start at the front by taking a little chunk of hair and tie the rest of your hair.
- Just put some of the hair between the straightener, and flip the hair straightener before pulling it away from your face. This will form just the perfect curls which will neither be too big, nor too small.
- Now do the same with all your hair till you have it all curled up. Now put on some hair spray so that your hair doesn't roughen up soon.
Messy Mermaid Braid
To make your dream of looking like a mermaid come true, you can give this hairstyle a try. All you need to make this messy mermaid braid is a heat protecting serum, rolling iron, and some hair ties.
- Start by applying a serum to the dry hair, and add big rolls at the tips. Now, take a big section of your hair and braid it tightly. Then, put a hair tie at the end of the braid to secure the hair.
- Next, take a 3-inch section of the hair from both the left and right sides, and twist them in a way that they can be inserted in the stitches of the braid.
- Afterwards, make 2 twists from both sides, and insert them into the braid. Now, make the loose twists of the remaining sections of the hair to give more volume, and then weave all the twists in the braid.
- Put the hair ties at the end to tighten up the hair, and pinup the remaining hanging hair. If you want to make the braid appear thick, tug the stitches of the braid apart.
Tips to Maintain Your Hair Best
Keep Your Hair Hydrated
It is very essential to keep hair hydrated and moist. In order to have long, shiny, and beautiful hair, you need a moisturizer that keeps your hair nourished and healthy. Hydrated hair looks fabulous, no matter what hair type you have. To retain the moisture in your hair, use hair creams that contain all the essential nutrients and vitamins.
Make sure to drink enough water, because dehydration not only makes you feel dizzy but also cause dryness of the scalp, shedding of hair as well as split ends. If you consume 8-10 glasses of water daily, the overall health of your hair will improve, thus, promoting hair growth. You can also keep your hair hydrated by washing them with a sulfate-free shampoo daily.
Deep conditioning is a method of applying a thick layer of conditioner to your hair. It also penetrates your hair entirely, thereby nourishing them and locking the moisture in the scalp. It is a very vital process to restore and maintain the health of your hair. Deep conditioning also helps prevent any and all hair breakages and split ends, and if your hair is moisturized enough, they will be more flexible and elastic as well.
If you repeat this process of deep conditioning daily, your hair will become stronger as well as shinier. It, moreover, adds moisture to your shaft and roots while keeping the scalp hydrated. In case you have color-treated hair, the process of deep conditioning will fix your thin and brittle hair by improving the texture.
Try the Egg Treatment
Eggs are a rich source of proteins, vitamins, minerals, biotin, and lecithin. All these nutrients are essential to achieve long, shiny, thick, and glossy hair. For this reason, applying egg masks to the hair has many benefits. For instance, it promotes hair growth by increasing the blood circulation, egg, and yogurt together prevents dryness and nourishes the roots.
In case your hair is fragile and dry, the egg treatment will strengthen your hair by adding volume and restoring the damaged keratin. Furthermore, this mask will add gloss to your thin, fine hair and will make them appear silky and smooth.
All you need to make this hair mask is one whole egg, two tablespoons coconut oil, and one cup of yogurt. Mix all the ingredients well and apply the paste to your hair. Leave it for forty minutes before rinsing it off with a gentle shampoo and a fine conditioner. Try this mask once a week for the best results.
Oil Your Hair Regularly
Oil provides your hair with all the essential minerals, vitamins, and fatty acids. These nutrients not only nourish your scalp but also make your hair strong. Oiling is the best solution to all the hair problems one is facing. It prevents premature greying of hair, and moisture your hair from roots to tips which lessens dandruff.
Oil also turns your frizzy and dry hair into soft and smooth hair and improves the texture by adding shine and gloss to them. Oiling your hair on a daily basis makes your hair stronger. It, moreover, prevents the scalp from lice and other bacterial infections.
Furthermore, oiling helps in the relaxation of your mind, and therefore, releasing stress and headache. Olive oil is the best solution for hair fall, whereas, coconut oil is recommended for people who experience dandruff and frizzy hair.
Love Your Hair!
With the multitude of hair products available, it is quite easier to achieve salon-style hairdo. As much as you benefit from these products, care needs to be taken so that these products do not cause any long term damage to your hair. Teased hair needs to be slowly brushed since the teasing process causes tangles. And if you have applied hair wax, it needs to be washed away as quickly as possible since it doesn't let your hair breathe. Do not to forget to apply heat protectants if you are using heat styling tools on your hair? At the end of it all, make sure you give your hair enough love and care.