Styling Your Kurtis with Palazzo
Women have been wearing palazzo pants since the 1930s and 40s but it became a fashion trend from the late 1960s and early 70s. They were worn by women who liked to stay in fashion and follow the trends and recently have gained its popularity back. You can see women of all ages wearing different kinds of the palazzo. There are different kinds of palazzos in the market and you can mix and match them with a variety of Kurtis and look hip.
Most of the women take palazzo as bell bottoms pants or culottes but they are wide-legged pants which are flare from the waistline and the flares go up to the ankle hem. They are very comfortable and can be bought in various fabrics like cotton, silk, Lenin. You can choose a palazzo according to the season and pair it with a designer Kurti to make it look stylish.
You can buy palazzos in prints, digital prints, floral prints, stripes etc and pair them with a platform, sandals or even with heels. When it comes to wearing Kurtis with palazzo, you can wear short Kurtis, long Kurtis and even angrakha Kurtis with them and look astonishing at a party. You can also wear a palazzo at a wedding, go for a heavily embellished palazzo and a simple Kurti with some accessories and you are all set for a grand party.
The different kinds of palazzo pants available in the market are: straight cut palazzo pants, extra flared palazzo pants that look like a skirt and the layered palazzo pants, the layers add an extra oomph to the outfit.
Reasons for Wearing a Palazzo
If you want to try something new, you can go ahead and buy a couple of pair of palazzo pants this season. There are many reasons for which you should try wearing a palazzo for a change.
- Palazzo pants come in various styles like high and low rise versions. You will also find them with zip closures at the front giving you different choices according to your taste.
- You can find palazzo pants in plain colours to match them with printed kurtis; they also come in muted tones, black and white colours and are available in a variety of prints. You will be amazed to find some of them in retro prints to give you that chick 70s look you always wanted to sport.
- Palazzo pants help your camouflage your silhouette, it suits every body type so you won't have to think twice to buy it. Be confident, it looks good on everyone.
- You can wear a palazzo and look trendy by styling it with a heavy Kurti or wear a plain palazzo in pastel colours and look informal. Whatever the occasion is you will find a palazzo to fit in with the dress code.
- If you are worried about your height then you are in luck. Palazzo pants instantly add inches to you. You can pair a palazzo with heels and rock the party without worrying about looking short.
Trendy Kurtis You Can Wear with Palazzo
Here is a list of different kinds of kurtis that you can easily mix and match with your palazzo.
Stylish Short Kurti with Palazzo
Women who love to wear short kurtis will be happy to know that palazzo pants look great with short kurtis. If you are planning an evening out with your friends try wearing it with a subtle shade short Kurti or with an embroidered short Kurti will do the trick. You can also try wearing an uneven hemmed short Kurti to add a bit of glamour to your style. It is one of the best outfits to wear during the summer season.
Check out this Janasya Women's Pink Rayon Short Kurti with Palazzo. This beautiful pink Kurti and palazzo set is made from rayon fabric. It is extremely light in weight and the light pink colour will give you a fresh look this season. This gorgeous Kurti and palazzo set will give you a classy look. You can buy it from Amazon after the service restores back to normal after lockdown.
Trendy A- Line Kurta with Palazzo
A-line Kurtis has always been in style. Women of all ages can wear A-line Kurti and look stylish regardless of age. Pairing an A-line Kurti with a palazzo is a good idea. If you are planning to wear palazzo with an A-line Kurti goes with the straight cut palazzos which can add style to your outfit. Women with an hourglass or pear-shaped body can wear A-line Kurti with palazzo pants and look great in the office, college or even in parties.
If you are looking for a great A-line Kurti you can buy IMARA Women Yellow & Orange printed A-line Kurti for Rs. 1,049 from myntra.com. This Kurti comes with a round neck and three-quarter sleeves with asymmetric hem. The beautiful bright Kurti with orange prints on it paired with a white palazzo and a flat sandal will make you the centre of attraction in no time.
Classic Straight Cut Kurti with Palazzo
The straight cut Kurti is always in demand. It looks elegant and adds charm and sophistication to your outfit. You can find some great looking straight Kurtis in cotton, handloom, chanderi and even in silk and women of all ages can wear them. Women with pear-shaped, hourglass shape or triangle shaped body look extremely gracious in a straight Kurti. You can team your straight Kurti with a palazzo to college or on formal meetings. You won't have to think twice before wearing a palazzo pant with a straight cut Kurti, you are bound to look good.
Go ahead and buy this beautiful peach straight Kurti with a gota palazzo for Rs. 2,999 from craftsvilla.com. You can wear this elegant Kurti and palazzo set during the festivals or parties and watch other women envy you.
Angrakha Kurti with Palazzo
If you like to experiment with your looks then think about wearing angrakha Kurti with a palazzo. Angrakha Kurtis has come back with a boom this season and is high in demand. They add volume and style to your outfit and choosing to wear a trail cut angrakha Kurti with a palazzo can make you look out of this world.
The angrakha Kurtis are once again back in fashion and are highly in trend these days. Furthermore, the angrakha Kurtis are provided with a trail cut that adds volume and elegance to the Kurti.
Buy this elegant white Ambraee angrakha kurta with a set of 2 palazzo pants for Rs. 2,450 from naykaafashion.com. The white flared kurta with blue tassel will make you look at yourself twice before going out for a night out. Pair them with white palazzo pants and a pair of silver earrings to go with it for a chic look. This beautiful set is handcrafted to make it special for you. You will fall in love with this set as soon as you lay your eye on it.
Printed Kurti with Palazzo
You can find great looking Kurtis in million of prints and they look great in formal and informal settings. Pairing a palazzo with a beautifully printed kurta can make you look outstanding. You can go with short or long printed Kurtis with a palazzo. You can wear a beautiful floral printed kurta on your first date or with a neutral shaded palazzo with digital prints for a traditional look. You can wear this style in traditional settings or team it up to give it a western or Indo western look.
Check out this beautiful bell sleeves kurta set for Rs. 7,200 from sagesaga.co.in. This elegant kurta looks beautiful with tassel lace and the lace-edged dupatta takes it up a notch.
Palazzo Pants with Long Jackets
Long jacket style kurtis are very popular on the ramps these days. You can see most of the Bollywood divas sporting long jacket style kurtis. These kurtis come with two slits at both the sides or in the middle. They give your outfit a western look which can be worn easily in parties or even in weddings. They look extremely stylish and sharp and give you a different look. Pairing these kurtis with a flared palazzo gives a modern look to your outfit.
You can buy this beautiful AKS Navy blue printed front open jacket for Rs. 719 from myntra.com. This kurti is collarless and has button closures in the front. It is made of cotton which makes it a perfect outfit for a day out with friends in summers.
Shirt Style Kurta with Palazzo
Are you the tomboy type and love to wear shirts than you are at luck because palazzo pants look great with shirt style Kurtis. All you need to do is to find a subtle colour shirt style Kurti and put on a narrow palazzo in contrast colour to bring style to your outfit. You can add some tribal jewellery and a pair of gladiators and you are all set with an elegant and stylish look.
If you like to wear white you will like this white and grey shirt style, Kurti, with a palazzo which is available on Amazon and will be delivered to you after the lockdown.
The Kurti is made of 100% rayon and comes with a cotton palazzo which makes it an ideal outfit for the coming summer season.
Anarkali Kurti with Palazzo
In earlier days Anarkali Kurtis were worn only during formal settings but now women wear them as an everyday outfit. They give you an elegant, feminine and sophisticated look and they are extremely comfortable. They look good on women of all ages and young girls like to wear them with jeans or even skirts. Wearing a palazzo with an Anarkali Kurti looks very stylish. Anarkali Kurtis comes in various styles, you can buy long Kurtis which comes to your heels or buy the ones that come down to your knees, whichever you choose goes well with a palazzo. They look good with wide and flared palazzo pants.
This elegant Green Anarkali kurta from Inddus looks ravishing with plain palazzo. The kurta comes with a round neck and three-quarter sleeves. This is a perfect Kurti for a traditional occasion be it a Diwali puja or an engagement party. You can buy it for Rs. 1,033 from myntra.com and flaunt your style with confidence.
How to Choose the Best Palazzo for Yourself
If you are planning to start wearing a palazzo then you need to know how to choose the best one for you. There are different varieties of palazzo pants in the market and here are a few tips on choosing the one that would look great on you.
- Fabrics are important when it comes to wearing palazzo. If you are skinny or petite you should wear fabrics like raw silk or brocade but if you are on the plumpy side then you should go with fabrics like chiffon or georgette.
- Everyone likes to wear printed kurtis for palazzos, they are very much in demand but it is important to know which prints look good on you. You can experiment and find out which print is perfect for you. You can wear big prints with laced palazzo or plain palazzos to look stylish. Pairing a printed Kurti with a similar printed palazzo is not a good idea.
- You can find palazzos with different flares at the bottom. Some come with wide flares and some are straight. Women who are thin should not wear too much flare or too straight ones as it would make them look thinner. Try to find medium flared palazzos for yourself.
- Pastel colours are always in style but you should know the right way to wear these colours. Don't wear prints in contrast to the colour of palazzo because your palazzo will look dull. You can try wearing the same colours but different fabrics; you can also wear simple accessories to go with pastel palazzos to look hip.
- Another important thing to keep in mind is to wear palazzo according to your body style. If you are a woman with pear figure you should avoid wearing tight palazzo pants otherwise all the other style palazzos look great on a pear-shaped body. Palazzo pants look great on the apple-shaped body and it makes you look thinner and longer. You can try wearing a palazzo with a belt to create an illusion of a waistline. Choose dark, solid colours and subtle prints like small polka dots or horizontal lines. Women with apple-shaped bodies should avoid wearing fabrics like spandex, chiffon and rayon. Women with an hourglass figure can wear almost all the palazzos with ease; choose body-hugging fabrics to enhance your curves.
Choose Right Shoes
Palazzo pants can complement Indian-traditional and western tastes, which is why these lowers are on every fashionista's mind! Naturally, you want the emphasis to be firmly on your palazzos, but there’s no doubt that finding the right shoes to wear with palazzo pants gives the finishing touch. Although it may seem that your shoes are less important because they’ll be mostly hidden under the wide legs of your palazzos, it’s actually even more important to pick the right footwear if you only catch a fleeting glimpse.