Kurti Styling Tips for Different Body Frames.
How to Look Taller in a Kurti If You Have a Petite Body.
Make a Style Statement with Party-Wear Kurti!
Kurtis from Myntra
Printed A-Line Kurti in Green & Red
The printed Green & Red A-line Kurti from Anouk is made with a keyhole neck and flared ¾ sleeves with a high-low hem. Made of pure cotton fabric in a round neck the printed A-Line Kurti is printed with an abstract pattern in a combination of red, black and beige colours and can be teamed up with a red flared skirt or a red palazzo with flat footwear and statement jewelry for a lovely casual look. Priced at Rs.629, the Green and Red Printed A-Line Kurti is available in sizes small and medium.
Woven Embroidered Kurti in Purple
The Purple Embroidered Kurti by Mustard is a woven kurti with a round neck with a short cut, a short button placket on the front, long sleeves and a vented hem. With a vibrant embroidered design on the front of the kurti, the floral design is crafted with a mix of purple, teal blue and yellow colours, knitted beautifully both on the sleeves as well through most of the kurti’s length till waist down. Made in acrylic fabric, the purple embroidered kurti is priced at Rs.1,519 and is available in a large size. The purple kurti can be paired with leggings, matching heels and teardrop earrings.
Straight-Cut Printed Polyester Kurti in Green
The Printed Green Kurti in a Straight cut from Indya is made in polyester fabric with a round neck, ¾ sleeves, a straight hem and side slits. Enriched with ethnic motifs in a combination of dull chocolate brown and dark green colours, the Green Kurti has a Gota Patti on the front as a panel and as a border lining on the sleeves giving it a rich look. This trendy straight printed Green Kurti can be worn with a pair of leggings, a flared skirt or a pair of palazzos in off-white/beige colour, with strappy heels for a vibrant and charming look. Priced at Rs.1,440, the kurti is available in sizes XS-XXL.
Art Silk Kurti in Navy Blue
The Navy Blue Solid Kurti from Pinksky is made in an art silk fabric with a round neck and button closure, ¾ puffed sleeves, a high-low hem with gathered detail. This stunning navy blue solid kurti is a stylish piece that can be worn for a semi-formal event or a family gathering, teamed with churidar leggings in beige or cigarette pants and classic flats or sandals for footwear, accessorized with an evening clutch in dull gold or silver and hoop earrings. Priced at Rs.2,270, the Navy Blue Solid Kurti is available in sizes small to large.
Chanderi Cotton Straight Cut Kurti in Red
A straight Red Kurti in Chanderi Cotton material with a mandarin collar, long sleeves, a straight hem and side slits, this lovely piece is from Rare Roots with a solid geometric print pattern in threadwork made with threads in green and off-white, covering the neckline and front panel of the kurti till the waist, with the design also running on the center of the sleeves as well as lining them as border. Paired with off-white leggings, flat ethnic slippers, a pair of hoops in the ears, this lovely ensemble is ready for a comfortable and chic look, priced at Rs.1,099. The straight red kurti is available in size XL.
Poly Georgette Multicoloured Printed Kurti
The Multicoloured Printed Kurti by Ritu Kumar is a stylish piece made of Poly Georgette fabric with a collar neckline, long flared sleeves and comes in Bandhini print pattern with a curved hemline. This patterned printed Kurti is an amalgamation of both ethnic and contemporary styles with a Chinese collar and a buttoned panel through the entire length of the kurti. The kurti is designed with tassel panels with beads on the shoulders for added style and would go really well with a pair of black denims or contrast leggings and heels for a chic look. The Multicoloured Printed Kurti is priced at Rs. 4,080 and available in sizes small to large.
Silk Blend Mustard Yellow Kurti
The Mustard Yellow Kurti by Ritu Kumar is made in a silk blend fabric with three-quarter sleeves, mandarin collar in a self-designed solid pattern with a high-low hem. Designed with gota patti work around the neckline with a piped panel and button placket, sequins around the collar, the presence of dull gold embellishments on the mustard coloured kurti exude a sense of richness and elegance making it more stylish for an ethnic event. The lovely Mustard Yellow Kurti can be paired with contrast leggings or a sheer flared skirt in dark grey and heels for an attractive ensemble. Priced at Rs. 2,950, the kurti is available in sizes small to XL.
Poly Crepe Teal Blue Kurti
The Teal Blue Solid Kurti is made of poly crepe fabric and is designed for casual/daily wear. With a round neck and short open sleeves with a curved hemline, the teal blue kurti by Ritu Kumar is gathered around the shoulder on the sleeves, with short floral designs in thread work on the upper part of the neckline and falls in gathers. The back of the kurti is styled like a cape, giving it a smart and chic look. Teamed with harem pants, contrast legging or tights with strappy sandals and ethnic earrings. This solid teal blue kurti will spark up any event, priced at Rs. 2,950 and available in sizes XS-Medium.
Printed Rayon Kurti in Orange
The Orange Rayon Printed Kurti from Stylee Lifestyle is made of Modal material with regular styled ¾ sleeves, a round neckline and floral printed pattern with a flared hemline. Measuring 58” in length the kurti is beautifully designed in colour blends of blue, orange and white, which make it vibrant summer dress in a way and is lined at the waist and sleeves as borders with the same design. The Orange Rayon Printed Kurti styled like an Angrakha with floral digital print and pearl embellishing would really classy with matching accessories and heels for footwear. Priced at Rs. 2,344, the Rayon printed kurti is available in sizes XL and XXL.
Liva Straight Cut Kurti in Beige
The Beige Coloured Straight Kurti from Shree is available in sizes small to XL and can be a popular choice, teamed with a pair of solid palazzos or denims with heels or flats for footwear. Priced at Rs. 699, this chic ensemble is made in liva fabric with three-quarter sleeves with solid pattern, round neckline and straight hemline. The front panel of the kurti is styled with a button placket with oxidized animal shaped buttons and if paired with oxidized earrings and a smart purse, the beige coloured kurti will make for lovely wear for casual outings.
Bonus Tip: Trendy Kurtis That Can Be Paired with Denims
If you’re bored sick of wearing the same kind of clothes and styles every day, here’s an opportunity to explore new trends and break the monotony! Here’s a quick guide to help you with some trendy Kurti styles that can be paired with your favourite pieces of denim and make your own style statement.
- Long Kurti – A long kurti that flows freely over a perfect fit pair of jeans will make a lasting impression on the crowd around you. The kurti with rich detail, high neck, in an A-line cut and matching accessories with a cool pair of sunglasses is all you need with ripped jeans for a grunge look or team the long kurti with ankle cut pieces of denim. a pair of flats, accessorized with bold coloured lipstick with blushed cheeks, making for an elegant and sharp look at the same time, perfect for the modern Indian woman!
- Shirt Kurti – Pairing a long shirt style kurti with skinny jeans can be a perfect combination for a work meet. Explore the shirt kurti with funky collars or buttons and contemporary print patterns, or teaming up a solid coloured plain or checked kurti with chest pockets. Let your hair loose, put on some subtle makeup and don some statement jewelry with a pair of heels, ethnic juttis or sneakers. The final touch to this smart ensemble could be a printed scarf or stole wrapped around your neck.
- Short Kurti – Short Kurtis are far more preferable than any other style. Designed in a keyhole style, anarkali, peplum, puffy or jacket style in different prints and patterns, short kurtis make for comfortable and casual wear with jeans. Kurtis that are heavily embellished or embroidered should be toned down with light coloured pieces of denim, while the simple and straight cut kurtis gel well with dark coloured jeans.
- Side Slit Kurti – Long Kurtis with side slits are quite a rage these days. Such styles offer ample room for your jeans to attract attention. Long kurtis with side slits are best paired with skinny pieces of denim or well-fitting joggers and you’re free to explore different hairstyles or makeup with this swaggy style.
- Front Slit Kurti – A front slit kurti is usually designed in georgette, silk or chiffon fabrics and look as sexy as crop tops! Nearly any style of denim would go with this kind of kurti, but the best would be ripped jeans. Paired with some stunning bracelets, trendy earrings with bold and smoky makeup, soft curls and embellished footwear, you’d be giving off fiery looks! ul>
Fusion It up
Try out the fusion of Indian and Western fashion trends for something different from the usual. Indi western kurtis are a hot favourite among colleges. Dhoti Style, layering up with a jacket, cape-sleeved kurti styles are some of the latest trending styles. Also, you can create your own style by mix and match using what is available in the wardrobe.