DIY Gifts for Boyfriend
If you are crafty and love to create something with your talent every time you get a chance, then DIYs are just for you. In this article, we are going to discuss not just any DIYs but DIY ideas for your boyfriend. If your loved one is acting extra lovely recently, then he deserves a gift. We are going to share with you some simple and easy DIY ideas which you can perform yourself and surprise your boyfriend on any occasion be it birthdays, or anniversaries or just to show your love. Gifts should be meaningful and not expensive. Your boyfriend will also shower extra love for the time and effort that you have put while designing the gift. So whether you are a beginner or an expert in DIY crafts, these ideas will encourage you to make gifts for your sweetie.
When to Surprise Him with a Handmade Gift?
There is no perfect or mandatory time for surprising your boyfriend. Everyone loves to surprise their partners from time to time and giving them gifts is a great option. When you are designing gifts for your boyfriend look for ways to showcase your love and passion. Keeping the love and romance alive and as fresh as new isn’t so easy. It requires a lot of hard work and effort. In order to show that you care for your partner, it is very important to make them feel special. A thoughtful sweet gift will be a wonderful way to express your feelings!
Valentine’s day is the day of love as we all know it. So what can be a better day than this to surprise your boyfriend with all your love. But if you are bored with rose and chocolates then there are bazillion of options which you can try for valentines day. From cards to chocolates, everything works on Valentines Day!
Whether you have dated him for a few months or for several years, it is never easy to select gifts for men. Birthdays are a special occasion for everyone and if your boyfriend showered you with love and gifts on your birthday, then you definitely owe him one. A gift on his birthday is a great way to show your love and affection towards him. Gift him something he never thought he needed, whether it's for his personal pleasure or professional use. You could also take this opportunity to buy him something he has always wanted but has hesitated from buying. Perhaps it's a piece of expensive gaming equipment or a classy suit. Be unique and creative and don't be afraid to explore new ideas because, in the end, it is the feeling that what matters not the material.
Festivals are a time for spreading and sharing joy. Whether its Diwali or Christmas, use the day to gift him something lovely and memorable. Giving him a gift on this day feels extra special. But sometimes you think to yourself what can you gift your man who has everything? Choosing the perfect gift can be a daunting task. So instead of going to the stores and racking your brains over what to give, it is recommended to DIY. You can make date night cards with some cute props or you can also make a Christmas gift basket or even a decorated bottle of luxurious red wine is fine.
Top 5 DIY Gift Ideas to Make for Your Boyfriend!
Read further to see the top 5 DIY ideas for your boyfriend. Most of these can be used on almost any occasion and you can also tweak the tutorials a little to suit a particular purpose. For example, choose red coloured paper wherever needed if making something for Valentines Day or add a little personal touch for a birthday gift for him.
#1 Love Greetings Card
Making your own greetings card is so much better and convenient than rushing to stores and picking up anything which fits your budget. So here is a simple DIY on how to make your own pop-up Love Greetings Card.
Things you need:
- Cardstock paper.
- Coloured paper.
- Rubber stamp.
- Cutting Mat.
- Select a popup pattern and draw or print it. Every pop-up card has two pieces a left piece which is the outside of the card and the right piece which is the heart pop up. Print the card pattern on the cardstock paper. Download and print digital hearts paper and use them as cut-outs to embellish your card. This is your outside card.
- Print the heart chain pop up the pattern on any coloured paper and use these as separate pop-ups for your greeting card. This is your inside card
- Cut out each pattern separately along the outlines. Remember to make the cut-outs straight which will make it easier for all the pieces to fit together in a card.
- Fold the inside and outside of the card in half along the centre line.
- Slid the inside piece beneath the outside piece and glue it together along the edges.
- Now fold the heart-shaped printed paper in the shape of an accordion. Do this carefully because this is your pop up.
- Hold the folded stack of hearts together and carefully cut around the heart shape. Do not cut the folds where they join the heart together. Unfold the pop-up and you have a chain of hearts.
- Glue the pop-up inside the card and voila! Your very own pop-up card is ready.
#2 Love Explosion Box
Nothing can be better than a love explosion box. Surprise your boyfriend with a box full of pictures and memories. Since it is a DIY project, you can customize it according to your own liking.
Things you need:
- Coloured cardboard.
- Design paper.
- Double adhesive tape
- First, start with the base. Take coloured cardboard and mark 15 and 30cm on each side. Then unite the points.
- Make a heart shape on each corner and score every heart in the middle.
- Cut the heart shapes and fold the sides. Also, fold the heart in the middle.
- Now for the lid score on each side of 4cm and fold the sides.
- Cut one line on each corner and put adhesives on the corner in order to stick them together.
- Then make a pop-up card using some design paper and coloured paper. This will be the first row of your box.
- For the second row make a squash book and also squash pockets for your squash book.
- For the third row make a waterfall card.
- After everything is done assemble all the pieces together and close the lid. Your explosion box is ready to explode.
#3 Memory Shadowbox Frame
A walk down the memory lane is a great way to surprise your boyfriend. So, make him nostalgic by making a customized shadow box frame. Here is how you can do it.
Things you will need:
- A shadow box frame.
- Some pictures of you as a couple.
- Decorative items.
- Open the backside of your photo frame and keep it all ready to insert photos.
- Print out your favourite pictures and stick them to the backside of the frame with the help of glue.
- You can add decorative items such as bows, hearts, movie tickets, etc., to customize your own photo frame.
- Now assemble the frame back together and your own memory frame is ready. You know your boyfriend will love this.
#4 Jar of Love
Let him know all the reasons why you love him. This is a great way to express love and gratitude towards your partner. So let’s dive right into the tutorial and learn how to make your own jar of love.
Things you will need:
- A glass jar.
- Red thin ribbon and brown white ribbon
- Chart board stickers.
- Scrapbook paper.
- Heart stickers.
- Pencils or markers.
- Candies of your choice.
- Take your jar and wrap the brown ribbon around the middle portion of the jar. Cut out the excess.
- Then take the thinner red ribbon and wrap it on top of it to form a cute bow.
- Next, add a cardboard sticker on the jar lid and write jar of love on it with a white pencil or marker.
- Now take your cardboard paper and cut it into equal squares.
- Now write some messages or love notes on these papers and roll them into thin cylinders. Write things you have or have not said to him before.
- Once you have rolled them secure it with a heart sticker to make it prettier.
- Now fill the bottom of the jar with candies of your choice just to make it exciting.
- Then fill it all the way up with your love notes and you are done. You boyfriend will definitely love to receive these notes and will know you better.
#5 Giant Poster Card
Ditch your average size poster cards and surprise your boyfriend with a giant life-size poster card. Let’s see how to make this.
Things you will need:
- Red and white poster card paper.
- Printed words and letters.
- Decorative items.
- Start with the outside of the card and use the red paper for this. Paste printed Happy birthday or Happy Anniversary on it. You can be a little creative by cutting the letters in the shape of a balloon and then add little ribbons at the bottom like strings.
- Next for the inside part, take the white paper and make a pop-up card. You can make any designs you like and decorate it with decorative items.
- Then stick both the parts together with the help of a blue and you are done. Your boyfriend will surely be amazed at your craft skills.
Importance of Gifts in a Relationship
Gifts are a great way to develop healthy loving relationships. Apart from being just a simple gesture of appreciation towards hour partner, it also helps them to know how much you care for them and how special they are to you. A carefully chosen gift reflects the amount of understanding and compatibility you have with your partner. Gifts leave a strong impact on making your relationship stronger and more passionate than before. So never hesitate to give gifts because at the end only your efforts count.
#1 Makes Your Loved One Feel Special
Gifts are the only way to show your loved ones that you care. The most important change that a gift contributed to a relationship is making someone feel special. Despite your age and gender, you can never fall out of love with gifts. In the daily mundane routines of work, gifts can come as a fresh shower of love which reinforces your bonding together.
#2 Helps Create Perfect Memories
Creating special memories is another essential reason for why you should send gifts. Sending gifts on special days such as birthdays and anniversaries is a great way to strengthen the bind with your loved ones. Gifts help you in creating true moments which you will cherish your entire life. It not only brings a smile on the faces of your loved ones but also fills your heart with ecstasy.
#3 Helps Communicate Feelings
Gifts can also enable you to communicate with each other. Your personalized thought can be put into customized gifts. It can act as a mediated between partners and will allow them to express their feelings. Gifts can work the main magic without you knowing it.
Surprise Your Boyfriend with Your Creativity
The best gifts are the ones that are created from scratch, the ones that mean something to your significant other. So give any of these DIY projects a chance, because besides practicing your creativity and originality you will end up surprising your loved one with one wonderful gift.