Why Must You Use Steam Inhalers?
Steam Inhalation is one of the best ways to get soothing relief from various respiratory issues. Besides this, steam Inhalers are used for facial sauna and therapy too. So, it is one of the useful devices to buy for both beauty and health care purposes.
Inhaling steam is also a convenient, drug-free, and safe way to get natural and quick relief for those with respiratory ailments. It provides the right humidity required for the upper respiratory area. Steam inhalation thins and loosens mucous and relieves symptoms like swollen and inflamed blood vessels in the nasal passage.
Choose a steam inhaler after careful consideration because a poorly built inhaler or one that has design flaws can be dangerous. If small kids are using it, make sure that it is done under adult supervision.
Factors to Consider While Buying a Steamer
- Steam Output: Generally, the steam is generated in a few seconds of switching on the device. It is important that the steam generated is in a particular direction and not wayward, which will make it useless. A good steamer is one that gives generous steam in a mist form. Many inhalers also have a switch to increase and decrease the steam. In such devices, you can choose the low and high modes, depending on your need. Check for reviews and the customer experience about the steam generated before you decide to buy one.
- Design: Inhaling steam should be comfortable, so the design of the inhaler is an important factor to consider. The attachments provided with the device must fit properly without any leakage. The container must not become too hot. It is better if the inhaler has an insulated handle. Also, the material of the body must be BPA-free.
- Safety Features: A device that has an 'auto cut-off' feature is recommended. Such devices automatically switch off the power when there is no water left in the container. Many of the cheaply available models do not have this feature. So, buy one that comes with this safety feature. Also, the device must have a long power cord so that you can sit in a comfortable position.
- User-Friendly: The steamer should be easy to use and clean. If children are using it, it should be child-friendly too. It should have features like the steam controller, heat insulation, and auto turn off.
10 Best Steam Inhalers in India: Curated List of Great Models to Choose From
1. HealthSense Nano-Cure FS 550 Medical Steam Inhaler Vaporizer & Facial Steamer
This compact and stylish Steam Inhaler uses advanced nano-steam technology that helps generate soothing waves of ionic particles. These particles are finer as compared to traditionally generated steam, and hence, penetrates the skin easily. The nano-steam provides deep cleansing by opening pores and stimulates circulation. The steam gives a natural-looking and healthy complexion to your face. Besides moisturizing and opening the pores on the skin, it also clears your nasal passage. The product is available on Amazon for Rs. 1,999.
- The nano-cure is quiet while operating, so you can enjoy your steam therapy without any distraction.
- As there is no sprinkling of water through the outlet, both kids and adults can safely use the steam inhaler.
- It helps alleviate issues like rhinitis, allergies, sinusitis, and other breathing disorders.
- The heating element is made of Ceramic PTC, which ensures that the heating happens in just 40 seconds.
- The fine nanometer-size steam is 10 times more effective in absorption.
- As the steam goes through a UV Lamp, you can rest assured about hygiene.
- The product comes with a 1-year Service Warranty.
2. Dr. Trust Home Spa Face Steam Vaporizer
This excellent steamer comes in handy when you want to do Face Spa or Aromatherapy Facial in the comfort of your house. The Vaporiser and Steamer also provide the best therapy in bronchitis, cold, flu, asthma, and other respiratory disorders. The steam emitted by the device penetrates the sinus, throat, and nasal passages, helping you breathe easier. Besides this, the steam hydrates and rejuvenates the skin, making it healthier and tender. It opens the clogged pores and moisturizes your skin. The steamer is available on drtrust.in for Rs. 1,299.
- The beaker has a capacity of 40 ml. The device has various steam settings.
- The steamer has a power indicator, steam, and heat controller. The device is easy to operate and convenient to use.
- It also comes with automatic shutoff along with a timer, which helps you customize the time you want to take steam.
3. Healthgenie 3-in-1 Steam Sauna Regular Vaporizer
The Healthgenie Vaporizer is perfect to use when you have cold or other respiratory ailments. This portable device is convenient to use both at home and on the go. It has a shock-resistant plastic body along with a long cord. Besides inhaling steam for respiratory disorders, it is also ideal for beauty sauna-like facial expressions that help open the clogged pores. You can also add inhalants like Vicks, which gives soothing relief from cold. The Healthgenie Steam Sauna Vaporiser is available on Amazon for Rs. 259.
- The device comes with 3 attachments – Nasal Steamer, Facial Sauna, and Vaporizer.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
4. Ozomax Elda Vaporizer/Steamer for Cold
The Ozomax Elda Vaporizer is a 3 in 1 product with three attachments, which can be used for beauty and health purposes. The device is highly effective during the cold winter season for inhaling purposes to keep away from breathing disorders, cold and congestion, and other common respiratory ailments. Inhaling steam gives a relaxing feeling and removes tiredness. It cleans the pores on the skin. The steam inhaler is available on Flipkart for Rs. 348.
- The product is designed in such a way that makes cleaning hassle-free.
- The set includes a User Manual, Main Unit, and a Warranty Card.
- The attachments include – 1 Vaporizer Attachment, 1 Steam Booster, and 1 Nozzle Steamer.
- The product can be used with Oils and Vaporizer Pads.
5. Applewood Vaporizer and Steam Inhaler
Applewood Vaporizer is a Medical cum Facial Steamer/Vaporiser. It is a perfect device to use for respiratory relief and skincare. It is suitable for all skin types. The sauna can be used during massaging or facial. The steam will help clear the clogging pores and rejuvenates your skin. Make sure to wash the container with warm water before using it to eliminate the plastic smell in the initial use. The product is available on Amazon for Rs. 379.
- It comes with 3-attachments - Vaporizer Attachment, Steam Booster, and Nozzle Steamer.
- It has a sleek and elegant design.
- It is easy to use and consumes less power.
- The plastic body prevents shock.
- Due to its compact size, it saves space and is travel-friendly.
- It is advisable to use normal tap water and not RO/Filter Water because it hinders steam generation.
6. Newnik V108 Vaporizer and Steam Inhaler
This sleek and handy unit is convenient to use by both children and adults. The product offers relief from nasal congestion and rejuvenates your skin. The innovative steam inhaler helps you breathe easily while also adding a stylish touch to a room. The vaporizer effectively soothes your sore throat, relieves cold symptoms, and moisturizes your dry nasal passage. The Vaporizer is available on Flipkart for Rs. 1,698.
- The vaporizer is designed keeping all the safety factors in mind like a child's safety, water sprinkling, etc.
- It has Auto-Off and Temperature Control.
- The Cord Length is 1.6 m.
- The capacity of the device is 50 ml.
- It is made of Virgin Durable Plastic.
- You can add Vicks Vaporub, Eucalyptus Oil, or Vaporizer Pads into the inhaler to treat clogged nasal passages and persistent cough and cold.
7. Asbob 3 in 1 Steam Vaporizer (AH-06)
Asbob Stam Vaporizer is a useful product for both skincare and to keep respiratory ailments at bay. It is convenient to use and highly effective too. It produces steam in just a few seconds. It effectively eliminates whiteheads, blackheads, and other impurities that clog the pores as a facial steamer. The device can be used for aromatherapy and soothe symptoms associated with throat irritation, asthma, bronchitis, etc. This Blue White AH-06 Steamer is available on Amazon for Rs. 339.
- The container is of 40 ml capacity and comes with water level markings.
- It has 3-attachments, which helps in using it as a nose steamer, cough steamer, and vaporizer.
8. Dr. Morepen VP06 – Breathe Free Steamer/Vaporizer
Dr. Morepen Steam Inhaler and Facial Sauna serves both Respiratory and Healthcare Treatment. The device can be used to moisturize dry nasal passages and to clear congestion. It helps treat stuffy head, common cold, sinusitis, asthma, throat irritation, laryngitis, bronchitis, etc.
Overall, the product is good and is available at a reasonable price. You can buy the Vaporizer on 1mg.com for a discounted price of Rs 283. The MRP of the product is Rs. 450.
- The device produces steam in a few seconds.
- It is made of plastic body that prevents shock.
- It is easy to use and is highly effective.
- It is compact and portable.
9. WONDER Steamer/Vaporizer
The WONDER Steamer Inhaler is a must-buy product, for it offers an array of benefits. The unique design helps emit soothing steam that easily penetrates the nasal passage unclogging it and helping to breathe freely. Inhaling steam has therapeutic and healing benefits, but it has to be done hygienically, and Wonder Vaporizer ensures inhalation is done in a bacteria-free and hygienic way. The device is compact and hence travel-friendly too. It can be used for Face, Hair and to get rid of respiratory issues. Available on Amazon, the price of Wonder Steam Inhaler is Rs. 385.
- The 100% plastic body prevents shock.
- The special locking system avoids accidental opening, making it ideal to use by adults and children.
- Double wall body avoids injuries caused due to hot water while using the device.
- The device is portable and comes with attachments. It is easy to use and maintain.
- The cord-length is 1.5 m.
10. Vicks Personal Electric Steam Inhaler
Vicks Personal Steam Inhaler gives fast relief from cold symptoms, and you will feel better quickly. The soft hood of this personal steam inhaler makes it comfortable to rest your face. Due to its lightweight and compact design, you can carry the device easily to any place you want.
The VapoPads provided with the device gives a soothing menthol scent. The steam helps relieve sinus, nasal, chest congestion, parched throat, and cough. This product is available on Amazon for Rs. 8,144.
- The device is easy and quick to use.
- The variable steam control allows the user to adjust the vapour level as desired.
- Accessories Included – Vicks VapoPads VVP-6, VSP-19, VBR-5.
- Each treatment lasts for 5 to 15 minutes.
- It comes with variable and controlled steam feature.
- It is portable.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
Bonus: How to Use Steam Inhalers?
Steam Inhalers are easy to use. Just follow these simple steps.
- Fill the steam inhaler water tank with clean water. Use normal tap water. Avoid RO or filtered water because if the water does not have dissolved salts, it will hamper steam production.
- Check if the device has water level markings. If it has, then do not fill water over or below the Max and Min marks.
- Place the water steamer on a stable and flat surface.
- Sit on a stable seat with a power socket close by.
- Sit at a distance of 20 cm from the steamer's hole/vent to take steam.
- Once you finish taking the steam, pour out the leftover water. Dry all the attachments before storing.
- Before using any medicines or essentials oils, it is advisable to read that particular model's instructions. Rosemary Oil, Peppermint Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, and Tea Tree Oil are some of the best essential oils you can get to get relief from cough and cold.
Which Essential Oils can be used for Inhalation?
Essential oils bring a lot of benefits, such as not only helping you get relief from congestion but also providing a suitable option for medication if you find nasal drops or tablets difficult to have. Some of the popular options for essential oils that are used for sinus congestion include tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, and peppermint oil; however, a word of advice here, avoid using oils without diluting them, and in case you see a side effect such as uncontrollable sneezing, you must immediately stop using it. It would be best to consult your physician!