Why Should You Invest in a Portable Electric Grill?
A portable electric griller is the best appliance to invest in when you and your family love barbeque. You can move it around based on your convenience example from the kitchen to garden or porch area. It is possible to even carry it for picnics and road trips as well.
Using such equipment, you can add more taste to your meals by fresh grilling of meat and vegetables. If you are a person who hosts a lot of parties, then as well portable electric griller is useful as you can serve amazing grilled dishes.
Electric Grill Recipes to Try
Non Vegetarian Electric Grill Recipes
Guilt Free BBQ Chicken
If you are a meat lover, you will surely love chicken. However, if you are watching your calories, chicken might not be the best option to have. Although, you can mix it up and prepare something that you can have guilt-free.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 2 red chillies (deseeded)
- 5 garlic pods
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 pinches white pepper powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
For barbecue sauce
To flavor sea salt
- Bash the chicken with a rolling pin.
- Grind onion, red chillies and 5 garlic pods in a mixer. Sauté this paste in olive oil for a few minutes and your onion paste is ready.
- After that, take the juice ingredients and mix.
- Crush fennel, rosemary and thyme to a powder and add that to the juice mixture.
- Now pour this liquid into the onion paste and keep it on gas for 20 minutes, and your BBQ sauce is ready.
- Now marinate the chicken pieces with the sauce, preferably overnight. Slap it on a griddle tray with a bit of oil and grill it till it's cooked.
Easy Grilled Chicken Burgers
Cooking burgers is very easy if you have a griller. Also, it is an amazing snack for parties and day gatherings. Read on to find the easy recipe for grilled chicken burgers.
- Olive Oil
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Chicken breast
- Coat the chicken breast halves in oil and mix the seasonings together. Season chicken pieces on both sides.
- Keep that for grilling.
- Top it with mashed avocado, onion, lettuce, cheese, or your desired toppings.
- Toast the buns and add all of this in them.
Grilled Salmon with Red Pepper Salsa
If you are looking to cook something fun, then opt for a salmon. All you non-vegetarian friends will love this dish for a party. Although, try cooking it as a practice before cooking it for a party.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup pre chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons pre chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- To prepare salmon, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine first 5 ingredients and rub them evenly over fillets. Coat the pan with cooking spray and add the fillets to pan. Cook them for 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- When the fish is cooking, prepare the salsa. Combine the bell pepper with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve the salsa with the fillets.
Steak with Kale and White-Bean Mash
If you are looking for something healthy and tasty, then opt for this steak with kale and white bean mash. It is a very simple recipe and it is easy to cook. Check the full recipe for the complete instructions.
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks, trimmed
- Thinly sliced 8 oz. parsnips
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp. refrigerated pesto
- Season steaks with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. After that, cook on grill pan on medium-high flame for 4 minutes per side for medium doneness. Transfer to cutting board and then let it stand 5 minutes.
- Place parsnips and water in bowl. After that, cover it with vented plastic. Then, microwave on 5 minutes, until it is very tender.
- Spray the saucepan with cooking spray. Then start to cook the kale and garlic. Add1/4 teaspoon salt on medium for 5 minutes.
- Transfer parsnips to food processor along with cannellini beans. Then add them with the kale and cook for sometime.
- Add some pesto on the grilled steak and serve it with kale.
Grilled Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kebabs
This is the perfect recipe to make for summer vacations. it requires a boneless chicken with pesto sauce. This dish serves best as an appetizer and main dish as well.
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1-1/4 lbs skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 16 wooden skewers
- Mix basil, garlic, parmesan cheese and salt in a food processor.
- Combine the pesto with raw chicken and marinate it for a few hours in the bowl.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Beginning and ending with chicken, thread chicken and tomatoes onto 8 pairs of parallel skewers to make 8 kebabs total.
- Heat your griller until the pan is hot and spray lightly with oil.
- Place the chicken on the hot grill and cook about 3-4 minutes; turn and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Vegetarian Electric Grill Recipes
Grilled Eggplant and Purple Cauliflower Caponata
Caponata is a Sicilian delicacy that consists of eggplant in oil. You will surely love this dish as it has a taste of sweet and salty both. Read on to find out about this recipe.
- 8 ounces purple cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound Japanese eggplant
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped purple tomatoes
- 1/2 cup loosely packed purple basil leaves
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 ounce olives, chopped
- Place cauliflower, shallots, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Toss them and coat them. After that, leave them alone for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to around 450F.
- Coat the eggplant generously with cooking spray. Place all the ingredients in oiled grill gates and cover them for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the eggplant, tomatoes, basil, vinegar, oil, capers, and olives to cauliflower mixture. Toss them properly and you are done.
Grilled Tomato Soup
An electric griller can give you the liberty of cooking a lot of healthy recipes. Thus, if you are watching calories, invest in a good electric griller. Also, add some flavour to your diet with grilled tomato soup.
- 1.3 kg ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco
- Clean and preheat your grill.
- Combine olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and lightly brush the inner part with olive oil.
- Place the cut part of tomatoes on medium- hot grill. Close the lid and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes once the skin is brown and set them aside to cool.
- Remove the skin and seeds, once the tomatoes have cooled down.
- Mince the garlic and heat a small skillet with 15 ml of olive oil.
- Once the skillet is hot, add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- After that, remove them from heat and add it in a food processor with tomatoes, basil and remaining ingredients. Add a little olive oil as well.
- Blend until smooth.
Grilled Ratatouille Pasta Salad
Grilled Ratatouille Pasta Salad is a very delicious and easy-to-make recipe. You can make it for yourself on a normal weekend. At the same time, you can make it while hosting a dinner party as well.
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium or 2 small eggplants
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 10 oz. penne
- 1 large tomato
- 8 oz. mini fresh mozzarella balls, drained, halved
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. thyme leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- Prepare your grill for medium heat.
- Toss zucchini, eggplant, and 1/4 cup oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Grill them while turning it often. Continue this till 8 to 12 minutes or until they are soft.
- Return them to the baking sheet and let them cool.
- Boil and cook the pasta as per your choice.
- Slice the grilled vegetables in to small pieces and transfer them to a large bowl.
- Add tomato, cheese, vinegar, thyme, and 1 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, and 1/2 cup oil and mix to combine.
- Drain the pasta and combine it into the bowl with vegetables.
- Top it with basil.
Sesame & Peanut Tempeh Skewers
Cook this dish for lunch and dinner gatherings. It is easy to cook and so, you must try it. Read on to find out.
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 7 ounces tempeh
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp chili paste
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated ginger
Peanut sesame sauce
- How to make tempeh
- Prepare the marinade by combining the soy sauce, sesame oil, ground cumin, and smoked paprika in a small bowl.
- Thread the tempeh pieces on skewers.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the skewers to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until lightly charred.
- Transfer the skewers to serving bowls and generously brush with the sesame and peanut sauce. Top with more peanuts and toasted sesame seeds.
- How to make peanut sesame sauce>
- Combine all the ingredients together in a small bowl and mix until fully combined. Add 1-2 tbsp water if needed until you get a creamy consistency.
- Mix the ingredients together and serve.
Things You Need to Consider Before Buying an Electric Grill
Is the Grill Assembled?
Electric grillers are useful kitchen appliances. However, there are certain things that you need to consider before buying an electric griller. The first thing that you must do is check whether the griller is assembled or not.
It might seem like a very small thing to do but, a non-assembled griller can cost you a lot of time and energy. If you have that kind of time, then you can opt for a non-assembled griller but, apart from that, it is better to opt for an assembled griller. Check the description properly, if you are buying it online.
If you are planning to visit a store, then share your concerns with your salesman. You need to understand that there are an array of options for electric grillers. Thus, it is important to research properly and take care of small elements like assembled or unassembled grillers as well.
Size of the Electric Grill
There are different sizes of grillers available. However, you will have to understand your requirements first. Do you need to move the griller frequently? Will you be carrying it around or will it be fixed in the kitchen itself? Based on that, you can decide the size of your electric griller.
If mobility is an important factor to you, make sure that the appliance is up for the job. Consider the terrains and environments you will move the griller to. You do not want to move the wheel or stability on uneven surfaces. Try looking for large heavy-duty wheels with lockable casters.
At the same time, make sure that your electric griller has a welded-body construction that ensures stability and strength. If you have a balcony or porch, then you can consider setting your griller there as well. However, for that, you will have to look for a compact electric griller.
Types and Features of Electric Grill
There are a lot of different features of an electric grill. You need to check that how high will the electric griller heat up. Some of them will work well over 350° F while some of them will work properly when they get hot at 400° to 600°F. They give you more control over overcooking.
Apart from that, you can look for several indoor type griller as well. The popular one is clamshell-style and the top and bottom ones in this are designed to sandwich food. This one cuts back a significant amount of cooking time.
Another one is the traditional griddle with ridges. They have their own heating source and thus, you can grill almost anywhere. Although, the glass lids tend to cause food to steam in their own juice and thus, you might get altered juices.
Hence, it is important to check the different types and features of an electric griller. Appearance, durability and overall performance are factors that need to be considered as well. Hence, choose a multifunctional unit with a tabletop to get the best grilling experience.
A Tip to Clean Your Grill
Make sure you unplug the device before starting cleaning. The ideal time to clean your electric grill is 10 mins after it’s unplugged. Remove excess grease. General cleaning can be done immediately following cooking. While the grill is still warm, use a brush to clean. Grill brushes should be checked for loose bristles and excessive wear on a regular basis. Brushes should be replaced if any loose bristles are found on cooking grates or on the brush.