Importance of Having Good Friends
Friends Are the Ultimate Stress Relievers
Building a robust social circle is the best way to relieve your stress. As we grow up, the responsibilities keep building up and there comes a point when most of us have lost contact with our friends. Friends also make us happy and make us laugh which has a huge impact on our mood, stress levels, emotional health, mental health, and even our physical health. People who have continuous social contacts tend to live more than people who do not.
Buddies Are a Source of Encouragement
Friends are the support system of our life. They always encourage and they do it more during the times of turbulence and crisis. They always encourage us to be the better version of ourselves. Whenever we are on low self-esteem, they always motivate us to fight for our goals and dreams.
Pals Stand with You Through Thick & Thin
Your closest friends will always make sure that they are beside you when you are going through thick and thin. If you are going through a bad time or you are facing a situation which you think you cannot deal with on your own, do not think that you are alone. Your friends are always beside you, they have always got your back. Just like they enjoyed with you during your good times, they will help you get through your bad times.
Why Consider DIY Gifts for Your Friends?
There are specifically no reasons why we shower our friends with gifts. It can be their birthday or friendship day, or there might be no reason for you to give your friends gifts, but you still do because it is one of the best ways to express that you love them and they matter in your life.
Well, gift making at home, also known as DIY gifts has always been the most preferred way to give your friends some gifts. There are many handmade craft ideas for handmade gifts which you find online. You can refer to them when you make a gift for your friend. If you want to gift them something on the friendship day, you can look for handmade gift ideas for friendship day on the internet as well.
Gives a Personal Touch
When you are making a handmade gift for your friend, it adds a personal touch to it. Anyone could buy a gift. It is a very easy thing to do. But if you really consider your friend to be close to you and you want to let them know that they matter a lot to you, then making the gift by yourself is the best way to convey this message. On this friendship day, you can gift your friend something made by your own hands. You can search for friendship day handmade gift ideas on the internet and you will find many ideas.
Enhances Your Creativity
If you are searching for friendship day gifts DIY ideas then you must know that making something yourself will help you to increase your creative skills. You will get to know how to make amazing gifts at home which will improve your creative skills. You would get to know many innovative things and learn how to create them.
You will acquire new knowledge and ideas which you can always use later, whenever there are any other occasions and you have to present someone a gift. You also get to learn new methods of making gifts which you did not know before. Through this, you can also learn new simple tricks which you can use to make amazing gifts.
Well within the Budget
There are times when you want to gift your friend something but you are low on budget. Then the best solution is to make a handmade gift. It does not cost much to make something at home and you can make something really meaningful and creative at a very low budget. For example, you can make friendship day handmade gifts at home or you can craft birthday gifts, anniversary gifts, and more.
You can find many DIY gifts making ideas on the internet which are very affordable to create. It does not cost much money for you to build them. You can create DIY gifts at your home even by reusing stuff that is lying at your house. For example, you can use unused jars, old stickers, left our ribbons, and many other things to make a gift.
Ultimate DIY Gift Ideas for Friendship Day
Friendship Day is around the corner and in case you are wondering what to gift your friend, then here is the right idea for you. If your friend loves lamp, you can easily gift them this Quotes Lamp which they can use it as a night lamp or decorate their room with it. It is super easy to make and it is not expensive either. All you need to do it follow some simple steps to make this lamp.
Things You Need:
- Five photo frames which are cardboard base
- A mason jar
- A battery candle
- A pair of scissors and glue gun
- First print out the quotes, photos, and messages that you want to put on the lamp which you think is related to your friendship and your friend.
- Then you need to cut the print outs with a pair of scissors in the size of the cardboard.
- Now you have to place the print outs inside the frame and place the cardboard behind every print out to keep them at the place.
- After this, you have to stick the frames and form a box-shaped lamp with them. To stick the frames, you need to use the glue gun.
- After you know that the printouts are placed nicely, take out the cardboard from behind each and every frame. Then place the light inside the jar and then place the jar inside the lamp.
The Happy Jar
To brighten up the day of your friend and to make them feel special you can gift them the happy jar. All you need is a Mason Jar. To decorate the jar, you can easily get accessories from your house or you can get them from any nearby store at a really low price.
Thing You Need:
- Mason Jar
- Paper Chits
- Sparkles and Stickers
- Chocolates and Candies (optional)
- Get a good jar having a proper space to fit your messages, stories, cute drawings, chocolates or many more such things. If you are taking a jar from your home then make sure to wash it properly before proceeding towards the final action.
- Now start making mini chits for the purpose of writing down your special messages. You can also go with small drawings, chocolates and can portray stories in these chits in order of reconciling your old memories.
- It's the turn to settle down these chits inside the jar. Make sure that these pieces of paper or sheet are easily visible from outside. Place it one by one for maintaining the accurate sequence of this Happy Jar.
- Now it's time for the final touch decorate the outer layer of your jar with sparkles, stickers or other relative stuff tie a beautiful ribbon at the top of the jar for making it absolutely appealing. Here, you are done with your Happy Jar for your friend.
Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies
If your friend is a cookie connoisseur then this is the best gift for them. This cookie is made in such a balanced way that it is crunchy and tender in equal proportions. Making this cookie is not only going to improve your baking skills, but your friend will feel the best and most special person on earth when you will give them something which you have made all by yourself and put lot of efforts into it. Everyone knows that food is the way to people’s heart. For making this cookie you would need certain ingredients. You can find them at the grocery store near our house.
Things You Need:
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- ¾ cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavor
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of crushed nuts if needed
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a large bowl. In that, beat the egg, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and the vanilla flavor with an electric mixer. Keep the speed minimum. If you do not have a mixer, you can use a spoon but you have to make sure that the mixture blends well in both the cases. Stir in salt baking powder, and the flour. Then stir in nuts and chips. The dough should be stiff.
- Take small round tablespoons and fill them with dough. On the ungreased cookie sheet, place the small circular dough about two inches apart from each other.
- The last step is to put them inside the oven and bake them until they are light brown in color. It would take about eight to ten minutes. After that cool them for one to two minutes on a wire rack and after they are cooled, box them and give them to your friend.
DIY Mini Photo Books
For this you need to glue, scrapbook papers and pictures. Take scrapbook papers and fold them to make a small notebook. Cut the paper in W shape and keep folding on the creases to bring it to a shape. You will paste the pictures on these folded papers.
Things You Need:
- Scrapbook Papers
- Mold the scrap paper from both sides while leaving a fine space in mid so that it will eventually give it a feel like a book.
- Start cutting from the right side until you reach the end of your scrap paper and make sure to fold it in small pages like shape.
- Stick all these pages, take the help of tape at the central part for compiling all the pages of your Mini Photo Book.
- Now, paste the picture of you, and your BFF for adding the essence of a ravishing friendship gift. Your Mini Photo Book is ready.
Origami Corner Bookmark for Book Worms
Wondering what to gift your bookworm friend this friendship day? Then you can make them an origami corner bookmark. It is easy to use this bookmark and it would not be difficult for you to make them either.
Things You Need:
- Single piece of paper of your favorite color
- Take a square shaped paper with the color side facing downwards. Fold the paper along both of the diagonals. Then unfold and place the paper flat.
- Flip the paper. At the central point, fold the opposite corners. Then fold the flat edges on every side. Along the horizontal crease, keep on folding.
- Then either half fold them in the valley fold or a mountain fold. Once you have folded in half, then the small triangle which has formed on the side will become the colored tab of the bookmark you are making.
- You need to make a fold with the corner of the square formed pointing downwards, and the folded edge which is on its top. Along the crease which has formed on the center, you have to top layer of the paper. Then fold the same half of that paper flat. It should be towards the tab. Then into a broadly triangular shape, spread flat the right side edge
- Over the bottom triangle, fold its bottom corner. This will help you create the crease along the diagonal line. Then you have to tuck in the loose layers inside the pocket which is under that broad triangle we made. Now, your bookmark is ready.
Simple Scarf Crochet Pattern
If you know knitting, then making a scarf for your friend is one of the best gifts which you can give. It is very simple. Take any material of your choice, then sew it in crochet pattern with the help of your needles and it will be done. Read on and create a fabulous gift for your pal!
Things You Need:
- Any material of your choice
- Start with making a slight knot to your hook and commence to make cross chain pattern and make another stitch in the same pattern for ending up with double crochet with respective stitch.
- Form up to 5 loops fabricating from the edge and assign double crochet in the last loop and keep doing the same until you get 13 uniform stitches. Ultimately, you will reach up to 3 chains to hold up to the hook.
- Now make a cut, tighten the crochet keenly while taking out your crochet needle and let your friend shine with your simple yet stylish scarf.
Button and Bead Bracelet
Nothing better than to remind your friend that you will always love them. You can gift them a bracelet made of buttons and beads which you can easily find at a dollar store nearby. You would need woolen thread and some glue to put it together. This handmade accessory will make your friend feel special forever. Dive in and get ready to make a perfect bracelet for your friend.
Things You Need:
- Buttons and Beads
- Woolen Thread
- Watercolors (optional)
- Collect paper sheets, buttons and cut this paper into straight stripes of around 2 cm in length.
- Begin with rolling these strips until it starts appearing like a round bead and make 10-12 beads, stick them with the help of adhesive, now take buttons along with these beads
- You can prefer the option of coloring these beads with watercolor if you have used white paper.
- Lastly, weave these beads and buttons in wool through a needle in the form of bracelet make sure to maintain the exact shape of this bracelet. Now go and give it to your mate.
Spa Mason Jar Kit
Let your friend pamper themselves at home by gifting them a Mason Jar filled with health care and beauty products which they can use to take care of their skin and enjoy spa at home. Are you ready to make an amazing kit? Read on!
Things You Need:
- A Nice Jar
- Things you need to put in jar (face cream, body lotion, scrub, nail polish, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and so on)
- Stickers, ribbons, sparkles (for decoration)
- It's too easy to prepare a Spa Mason Jar kit for your BFF. Foremost pick a nice jar.
- Bring some mandatory things for making your Spa Mason Jar these are face cream, body lotion, scrub, nail polish, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel or so on (buy all these items according to the size of your jar).
- Afterwards start with putting all these commodities inside the jar in order of making it an ideal Spa Mason Jar Kit.
- It’s the last step now decorate your jar with stickers, ribbons, sparkles etc. and that's it. Your Spa Mason Jar Kit is ready to serve a smile on your friend’s face.
Make your Friend Feel Extra Special with These DIY Gifts for Friendship's Day
Yes, they may insult you sometimes. After all, that's what good friends are there for, to help you become a better person. Celebrate this bond on Friendship's day with these amazing DIY gifts. Cheers to that cherish-able friendship.