Nail Paint Remover: Non-Glamourous But Essential !
Women love to paint their nails. Painting nails is not just about the following fashion but it is also a way to express yourself and your mood for the day. If you are one of those ladies who love to change their nail paints almost every day to match your attire or the mood then you'll know the importance of using a good nail paint remover. It is one of the most important things in a women's nail beauty kit. A good nail paint remover not only removes nail polish efficiently but also takes care of your nail health.
Know the Two Types of Nail Removers
If you are interested in learning a bit about nail paint removers then you are at the right page. There are two kinds of nail paint removers. One is an acetone one and the other is non acetone one. You can find both the types with most of the major brands and it is mentioned on the front label of the bottle. Both the types have a solvent which removes the hard film stuck to your nails due to the ingredients used in the polish. Some of the ingredients used in nail paint are resins, plasticizers, film formers and colour pigments. When combined they give a beautiful finish to your nail paints and dries it quickly but the problem arises when you need to remove them.
- The acetone removers are powerful and work fast but they are very harsh and removes the natural oils from your skin as well. After using these you may see a white, dry coating on your skin which proves that the acetone has dried your skin during the removal of the nail paint.
- The non-acetone removers are colourless and do not have a strong smell to them. They are softer and do not cause too much damage to your nails or skin but takes longer to remove the nail paint.
So, in conclusion, we can say that if you want to save time you can use the acetone remover and if you want to prevent damage to your skin then you can go with the non-acetone remover. One thing to keep in mind is to always use a good moisturizer after you use either type and prevent any damage to your skin or nails after using a remover.
Use One of These Top 10 nail paint removers for Fuss-Free Maintenance
Here we have listed the top 10 nail paint removers in the market for you to choose from.
Colorbar Nail Polish Remover
The Colorbar Nail Polish remover is an effective way of removing the varnish from your nails. This nail paint remover is acetone, toluene, and DBP free as well as does not contain paraben. It is infused with proteins and Vitamin B5 to provide proper care for your nails and save them from any damage. Using the Colorbar nail polish remover each time will keep your nail bed moisturized and strong. You can buy it for Rs. 109 from www.nykaa.com.
Lakmé Nail Color Remover
Lakme is a well-known and a trusted brand around the world and using this Lakme Nail color remover will do a lot of good to your nails. The remover is loaded with Vitamin E which keeps the nails hydrated. This remover removes the nail paints with one stroke. It comes in a bottle with a stopper to control the quantity of the liquid being used so you don't waste any of it. It is very affordable and one of the best nail paint removers in the market. It is available for Rs. 95 on lakmeindia.com.
INGLOTNail Enamel Remove
Another good nail polish remover is this non-acetone one from Inglot. This remover has calendula extract combined with vitamin E and E which takes care of your nails and cuticles. It is alcohol, mineral, paraben, silicone, SLS free and is dermatologically tested therefore you don't need to worry about it harming your nails at all. This is a fast-drying formula; you simply put it on a cotton ball and press it on your nails for about 10 seconds. Wipe it off with one quick motion and your old nail paint is gone. You can buy the Inglot nail paint remover for Rs. 560 from luxury.tatacliq.com.
Revlon Extra Fast Nail Enamel Remover
The next one on the list is the Revlon extra fast nail paint remover. Revlon is again a well-known and a trusted brand which women have been using for years. This is a fast-acting acetone-free remover but also has calcium and potassium in it to keep your nail healthy and glowing. It does not leave your hair dry or stripped and makes your nails ready to be painted again in a few seconds. It is a gentle remover that is gentle to your nails and skin and is available for just Rs. 150 on www.shoponn.in.
Kara Wipes Nail Polish Remover
Although most of the nail paint removers come in a liquid form packed in bottles here Kara brings you Nail paint removal wipes. This pack contains 30 wipes and each wipe is acetone-free and dermatologically tested. It is toluene and paraben-free and has vitamin E in it to keep your nails moisturized. The sweet fruity fragrance of the wipe is refreshing. It removes the nail paint in a jiffy so now you can change your nail paints while sitting in a car without having to bother about spilling any remover on your dress. This pack of Kara wipes nail polish remover is available for Rs. 100 on amazon.in.
Deborah Lippmann The Stripper to Go Nail Lacquer Remover Finger Mitts
If you are one of those people who like to spend a little extra when it comes to nail care then you should check out the Deborah Lippmann Nail remover. This comes in a pack of 6 finger mitts that removes the nail polish effortlessly. It is loaded with Aloe Vera to keep your nails healthy and the lavender fragrance will want you to use it again and again. It is one of the best things to buy if you are planning to travel and may need to change your nail paints. You can order the Deborah Lippmann nail paint remover mitts for Rs. 1,630 from www.nykaa.com.
Faces Nail Enamel, Remover
Looking for an affordable yet effective nail paint remover? You can buy the Faces nail paint remover for just Rs. 69 from www.amazon.in. Removing a nasty-looking chipped nail polish can be stressful but the Faces nail paint remover does your work easier for you. It is a fast-acting remover that has Vitamin E in it to protect your nails and keep them shiny. It is acetone-free and is one of the most affordable removers you can buy. This nail paint remover is Toluene and DBP, camphor, formaldehyde-free therefore you can use it without worrying about any damages to your nails and skin.
O.P.I Acetone-Free Polish Remover
You can also look into the O.P.I acetone-free nail polish remover if you are willing to spend a few extra bucks. This is a great remover for dark-coloured nail polish. It is loaded with vitamin E to keep your nails moisturized and healthy. It removers the nail colour gently and conditions your cuticles. You can easily use it to remove artificial, acrylic as well as gel nail paints as well. The O.P.I nail paint remover can be bought for Rs. 500 from www.nykaa.com.
Swiss Beauty Dip & Twist Nail Lacquer Remover
Another excellent nail paint remover is the Swiss Beauty Dip & Twist remover. This remover is made to remove the toughest nail paints without drying or leaving a white residue over your nails. It is gentle as it is alcohol and acetone-free. All you need to do is to dip your finger in the bottle and it does the hard work for you. You will be left with clean, sparkly and healthy nails ready to be painted again. This nail paint remover is available for Rs. 99 on www.flipkart.com.
Masaba by Nykaa Nail Enamel Remover
The last one on the list is the Masaba by Nykaa nail paint remover. This is also an acetone-free remover and has vitamin e and essential almond oil to take good care of your nails. It is easy to use as you won't need to rub the nail paint off, you simply dip your nails in it and you are done. It is easy to carry in your bag or even in your purse without having to worry about leaking bottles. The Masaba nail paint remover is one of the best ones in the market and you can buy it for Rs. 275 from www.nykaa.com.
Different Uses of Nail Paint Removers
If you have a bottle or two of nail paint removers sitting at home and don't know what to do with them then here are some tips on how to use it. The acetone based nail paint removers not only removes nail paints efficiently but can be used for different things around the house. You can use them to fix scratches or for cleaning your keyboard as well as getting rid of ink stains.
Interesting Uses of Nail Paint Removers
Here are a few other things you can use a nail paint remover for.
- You might have heard that using acetone on your shoes can damage then, well it is just a myth. You can clean your patent shoes with a kitchen towel dipped in nail polish remover. Gently wipe it off and buff it to remove any marks or dirty from them then clean it off with a clean cloth. You will have shiny shoes as good as new in no time.
- You can also use your nail polish remover to cleaning surfaces. If you want to use it on the floor you can pour some of it on a paper towel and wipe it the floor to remove shoe marks from the tiles and even from concrete floors. Do not use them on wood as it might damage it. You can also use a nail paint remover to remove sticker marks from your door or refrigerators easily. If you plan to use it on wooden doors always follow the wood grain to be on the safer side though.
- If you want to remove scuff marks from your kitchen floor then you can pour some nail paint remover on a cotton ball and rub it off. After rubbing it you can clean it up with warm soap water and you will have clean floors.
- Using a nail paint remover to clean your keyboard in always a good idea. You simply pour some of it on a cotton ball and gently dab the keys with it, and you'll have a clean keyboard in seconds.
- You can also use it to rejuvenate your stained china. Simply put some nail paint remover on a cloth and dab it on the stain. Rinse it off with soap and water but try not to wipe the decorative patterns on your china with it. You may end up wiping it off too.
- So, your child uses permanent marker on something and you want to remove it, use some nail paint remover you'll be amazed to see the results. Soak a cotton ball and blot the mark from the wall, from your child's skin or even from the car and simply wipe it with a cloth.
- If you hubby uses expensive razor blades and you want to take care of his hygiene then you can use nail paint remover to sanitize them. You can dip the blades in some remover and dry them with a tissue. You'll have sanitized and shiny blades as good as new and a happy hubby for sure.
- Don't you just hate it when your favorite nail paint turns into a thick gunk? Now, you can use your acetone nail paint remover to revive it. Pour a few drops of it in the bottle and leave for an hour then shake it vigorously. You'll have your nail paint back in a useable state. Remember not to use too much of it as it may turn it into a runny liquid.
Ladies, nail polish removers are truly a gift from heaven because of their ability to provide us with means of making our nail polish removal tasks much easier. So, show your nails some love and invest in quality nail polishes, nail polish removers, and hand cream. Make sure that you give your nails some time off from the polish every now and then.