Webcams have Become an Important Accessory
The coronavirus pandemic has pushed people indoors. Meetings are being conducted online. People are also going online to meet with friends and family. The camera of your laptop may not be suitable for these meetings. You will need a webcam with high resolution and frame rate to ensure a clear video when you are streaming it.
Some of the webcams are portable and can be carried to your office or when you are travelling. The webcams use a USB and have a plug and play model. There is no need for software drivers, that makes it easy to use. We will discuss some of the factors to consider when you are in the process of selecting one. There are also several models from which you can choose. We will also showcase some of the webcam models best suited for use at home or in the office.
Factors to Consider when Buying a Webcam
Picture Quality and Resolution
The resolution of the video during an online conference speaks a lot about your personality and professionalism. You must have a webcam with you that provides a clear picture. You must consider the resolution of the device along with the frame rate.
The resolution of the webcam is also a crucial deciding factor. It decides the sharpness of the video or the picture that is taken by the webcam. Ideally, you must choose a device that provides HD quality sharpness. The frame rate determines the smoothness of the video. The ideal frame rate must be around 30 frames per second.
It is also necessary to have an overview of the lens quality. Most devices try to shed cost by utilising a plastic lens. It leads to dull pictures that may not show you in a good light. These lenses also turn dull as time passes. You must choose a model that uses glass lenses to provide a smarter video during an online conference. The glass lenses are known to last and increase the durability of the webcam.
When you are buying a webcam, you must check the unique features available with each model. However, always ensure that you stay within your budget and do not go overboard. It is necessary that the model allows tilting and swivelling as it will be easier to use. You must note here that all models do not swivel.
The clamp of the webcams is another crucial feature. Some of the models will attach securely on a thicker monitor. It is essential that you choose a model that has a robust clamp. Most models have an auto-focus feature that keeps your image clear even if you move. It is also essential to check whether your model is compatible with the operating system you are using. You must also look for a product that has a stereo microphone with noise cancellation.
When you are streaming video, loads of data is being exchanged. The device must support video compression so that you can leverage the benefits of HD video and high-resolution video. You must choose a model that has a H.264 Advanced Video Coding standard. It will support the best quality video at lower bit rates.
Most of the webcam models are all compact and can be carried around easily. However, you must always check whether it is safe to pack in your suitcase when you are out on tour. There are a few models that can also connect with your smartphones. It will help you to do a video conference even when you are on the move. Some other models have a 360-degree swivel mechanism while some others can be foldable also. Few other devices have a manual swivel feature to fine-tune the lens with a pan and tilt.
Best Laptop Webcams in India
Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam 1080P Camera
- The webcam can be personified for Windows 7 and above.
- The webcam supports auto low light correction.
- The background can be customised while it is being streamed.
- There are several webcams at its price range, offering better features.
Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000
- It can help in video recording also.
- The webcam ensures better quality videos through True Colour technology.
- It is also compatible with smart televisions.
- Some of its peers have more features.
- It provides a resolution of up to 1080p. It can provide a speed of 60 frames per second with 720p resolution.
- There is a ring light feature that makes the videos with optimal brightness.
- There is a tripod mount also.
- It does not come with any software.
- The microphone is not loud.
AUKEY Webcam 2K HD with Windows, USB Webcam
- You can capture and stream video with detailed features along with the clear sound.
- The product supports the H.264 compression technology that allows faster video uploads.
- It does not have the limitations of a fixed focus and blurring and autofocus of images.
- You can only plug the device into the USD port.
- The image gets distorted frequently.
Logitech C310 HD Webcam
- The webcam supports video calls at a resolution of 720p.
- It reduces background noise and has an auto light correction.
- You can make HD video calls.
- It may not be easy to mount on monitors.
Cheaper Laptop Webcams
Case U 1080P Webcam
- There is a facial enhancement technology that ensures you look good in front of the camera.
- It has a plug and play capability with a USB 2.0 cable.
- It can capture sound with 5 metres.
- It does not have night vision function.
Quantum QHM495LM 25MP Web Camera
- The feature has different settings and modes.
- It runs on computers with Windows systems.
- The product has a 10X zoom feature.
- It does not offer high-resolution videos.
Zebronics Zeb-Ultimate Pro (Full HD) Web Camera
- There is a built-in microphone to provide the best videos.
- It can support night vision also.
- It can pick colours better and provides better resolution of videos.
- It is a bit expensive than some of its peers.
Mi Webcam HD 720p
- The renowned Xiaomi brand backs the product.
- It provides clear images and videos.
- It is a plug and play product.
- It does not have a microphone.
- Being a no-frills product, it is expensive.
Srihome SH003 2MP Webcam
- 360 Degree Orientation Adjustable.
- Auto Noise Reduction Microphone.
- 1080P High Quality Imaging.
- Microphone settings are a bit off producing feabling / unreal voice.
- The unit heats up quite a bit within 10 minutes of use(doesn't seem to affect functioning).
Laptop Webcams to Go For In 2021
As explained above, a laptop webcam is a truly helpful accessory. Choosing one should thus not to be taken lightly. Some webcams are costly and if by mistake, you choose the wrong one for your laptop, it won't suffice to say you will have lost a great deal. Whether in terms of money, gadget quality and even time spent going to get. Thus, to help you stay ahead of the curve and avoid all such mishaps, this list will help you find the webcam you truly need and that is compatible with your laptop. First, there are some factors to consider, then you can proceed to find one that suits your needs from the incredible choices catalogued.