A Warm Bowl of Chicken Soup has Many Benefits
Boosts The Immune System
One of the major benefits of the various kinds of soups is that all of the chicken soups and other meat soups help boost the immune system. It is so, because, the meat in these contains lots of proteins that are extremely beneficial in enhancing the function of the immune system. Also, most soups contain vegetables like celery and carrots that are a great source of antioxidants and minerals that help the immune system function better. Because of the improved immune system, a person is less likely to fall sick, and, therefore, is especially suggested to be taken during the winters, if a person has fallen sick, or when the season changes.
Helps with Blood Pressure
Another benefit of the chicken soups is that this helps maintains great blood pressure levels. They are so effective in doing so because these contain a lot of proteins that help prevent the blood pressure from rising too high. In fact, this is one of the reasons that doctors especially suggest people with blood pressure problems definitely include soups in their diet. However, people suffering from such conditions should pass on the salt added to the soup.
Helps with Weight Loss
As you might already know, soups are great if you are struggling to lose weight. Now, even though it does not help by boosting your metabolism, it does not contain much fat and also contains a low count of calories. However, you can always add vegetables that boost your metabolism if that is what you want. Soups are also very fulfilling and you will not be left hungry after eating it.
Keeps You Hydrated
Soups are almost entirely made up of water and other hydrating foods. Soups contain electrolytes that help hydrate you internally and prevent as well as help fight various health conditions. Also, these, unlike than most other foods, contain steam and all that not only hydrate your skin further but also soothe and clear your nasal airways. Also, soups help hydrate internally that, unlike other foods, helps prevent skin damage in the process.
Best Indian Chicken Soup Recipes for You to Try
Simple Indian-Style Chicken Soup Recipe
In case you are craving an Indian-style chicken soup, we suggest you give this one a try. Not is it only quick to make but is extremely nutritious as well.
- 250 grams of chicken,
- One carrot,
- Half a cup sweet corn,
- One medium-sized potato,
- One cup of a vegetable of your choice,
- Two tablespoons lemon juice,
- One tablespoon ginger,
- One teaspoon ghee,
- One small bay leaf,
- Four peppercorns,
- One two-inch cinnamon piece.
- Start making the recipe by cutting the potatoes, the vegetable, and the carrot into whatever size you want.
- Now, add the chicken, along with potatoes, your chosen vegetable, and three cups of water to a cooker.
- Now, add in torn bay leaf and cinnamon to the pot before pressure cooking to three whistles before shredding the chicken, discarding the vegetable and all, and setting aside the chicken stock.
- Afterward, saute ginger and garlic in a pan with oil and add carrots and sweet corn to it.
- After a minute, add the chicken stock and bring it to boil before also adding in your desired amount of salt and the shredded chicken.
- Next, turn off the heat and cool it down.
- Follow by adding in the lemon juice and some pepper powder.
- Lastly, warm it up a bit and serve after garnishing or store.
Spicy-Indian Style Chicken Soup Recipe
This is a great recipe if you like to spice things up a bit.
- Four pounds chicken cut into pieces,
- Eight cups of water,
- Two medium quartered onions,
- Some salt,
- Six smashed garlic cloves,
- Half a cup chopped ginger,
- Two teaspoons oil,
- One and one quarter teaspoon coriander seeds,
- One teaspoon cumin seeds,
- One teaspoon mustard seeds,
- Three thin ginger slices,
- One cup canned tomatoes,
- One serrano chile.
- To make it, start by adding the water, chicken, and one tablespoon salt to a pot and bringing it to a boil.
- Now, skin the foam and add in the garlic, ginger, and onions before reducing the heat and simmering it half-covered for half an hour.
- Next, remove the breast and set aside, and cook for another half hour.
- After this, strain the soup, reserving the legs and thighs and discarding the rest before letting the chicken cool down and removing the meat from the bones.
- Once done, heat oil in a pot over medium heat and cook the spices for a minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook for four minutes before adding the reserved soup, ginger slices, and chile.
- Simmer for about five minutes and follow by skimming the fat, seasoning with salt, and adding the chicken.
- Lastly, move to a bowl and garnish before serving warm.
Chicken Mulligatawny Soup Recipe
In case you want a fusion soup, give think one a try. It first came into existence during the British Raj and tastes magnificent.
- Two tablespoons butter,
- One tablespoon olive oil,
- One large onion,
- Two ribs celery,
- Two carrots,
- Two bay leaves,
- Four teaspoons of yellow curry powder,
- 570 g boneless,
- Skinless chicken thighs,
- Two cups chicken stock,
- Two cups water,
- One and a half teaspoons sea salt,
- 1/4 cup uncooked basmati rice,
- Two tart apples,
- 60 ml heavy whipping cream,
- 60 ml plain yogurt,
- Tablespoon minced chives.
- Start preparing the soup by sauteing the celery, onions, and carrots in the butter and olive oil for five minutes.
- Now, add in the bay leaves and curry before mixing well.
- After this, add the chicken to the mixture and follow by pouring in the stock as well as the pot and salt.
- Simmer for some time and cook for twenty minutes before removing the chicken and shredding it once it has cooled down.
- Next, simmer the rice as well the apples on high heat for about 15 minutes.
- Once done, add the shredded chicken to the pot and heat for five minutes.
- Lastly, add the cream and serve with yogurt and chives.
Creamy Indian Chicken Soup Recipe
This last Indian recipe is the perfect one if you are looking for a creamy traditional Indian recipe.
- Four tablespoons of sunflower oil,
- Four skinned and cut-into-pieces chicken breasts,
- Two chopped onions,
- Three cloves of onion, chopped
- Two teaspoons of ground cumin.
- Half a teaspoon ground ginger,
- One teaspoon ground cilantro,
- One teaspoon turmeric,
- Two-third of a cup almond flour,
- Two cups of chicken broth,
- Half a cup yogurt,
- One cup sliced almonds,
- One teaspoon saffron threads,
- Two tablespoons lightly sesame seeds.
- To start with the preparations process, heat the sunflower oil in a big pan and heat it.
- Now, add in the chicken and fry until browned before removing from the pan.
- However, remember to keep it warm here, and, therefore, don't keep it in an open space.
- Next, gently fry the onions before stirring in the garlic and spices.
- After you have stir-fried for another two minutes, add in the almonds and chicken broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Then, add in the chicken and simmer on medium heat for twenty minutes.
- Afterward, add in the yogurt as well as the flaked almonds and simmer for another five minutes.
- Lastly, transfer to a bowl and sprinkle over saffron threads and sesame seeds.
Some Great International Chicken Soup Recipes For You
Laksa Chicken Soup Recipe
If you want to try a chicken soup with a twist, we would surely suggest that you try this Laksa Chicken Soup Recipe. It was originated in Singapore and highly liked by the people there.
- Two boiled prawns,
- 1/4 cup of boiled and shredded chicken,
- 1/4 cup of boiled noodles,
- One cup chicken stock,
- Two tablespoons laksa paste,
- 1/3 cup of coconut milk,
- Some coriander and mint,
- Half a lemon.
- Five garlic cloves,
- Six green chilies,
- Five red chilies,
- Some coriander leaves,
- One tablespoon coriander seeds,
- One pod galangal,
- Half a tablespoon shrimp paste,
- One tablespoon turmeric,
- One cup peanuts,
- Six lime leaves,
- Two lemongrass sticks.
- Half a teaspoon chili flakes,
- One tablespoon fried garlic,
- One tablespoon fried onions,
- One tablespoon cracked peanuts,
- Half a boiled egg,
- Some fresh coriander sprigs.
For the Soup
For the laksa paste
- To make it, start by making the laksa paste by combining all of its ingredients.
- Now, heat it in a pan before adding in the coconut milk and cooking for a minute or so.
- Then, mix well and add in the chicken stock, and season it with some salt.
- Once it starts to boil, add in the shredded chicken and prawns.
- After this, you are to let it cook for some time, and only then can you add the noodles.
- Cook for another couple of minutes and add the fresh coriander as well as the mint.
- After cooking for another two minutes, transfer it to a bowl, and sprinkle the condiments and serve warm.
Soto Ayam- Indonesian Chicken Soup Recipe
In case you like Indonesian food, you may give this soup a try.
- Eight skinless chicken thighs,
- Eight cups chicken stock,
- One stalk of three-pieces lemongrass,
- Three kaffir lime leaves,
- Some salt,
- Three tablespoon oil plus some to fry,
- Twelve ounces rice vermicelli,
- Four eggs.
- One cup chopped shallots,
- Five cloves chopped garlic,
- One-inch chopped ginger,
- Tablespoon candlenuts,
- Half teaspoon turmeric powder,
- One and a half teaspoon coriander powder,
- Half teaspoon pepper,
- Half a cup coconut milk.
For the paste
- Start by mixing the stock, lemongrass, salt, kaffir lime leaves, in a pot, and bring to simmer.
- Now, add the chicken and continue to simmer for another twenty minutes before removing the chicken and patting dry while setting the broth aside as well.
- Next, heat some oil in a skillet and add garlic, ginger, and shallot.
- When they start to color up, transfer to a blender and add the other paste ingredients before adding three tablespoons oil to a pot and adding the paste to it.
- Cook for five minutes and then on medium for two before stirring this into the broth.
- After this, fry the chicken and medium-boil the eggs.
- Assemble it by simmering the broth and seasoning it before softening the rice vermicelli and garnishing it with the eggs.
- Lastly, make the serving by adding 1/4 of rice to each bowl and dividing the chicken over it.
- Next, add the shallot, cilantro, and two cups of broth per bowl, topping off with an egg and a slice of lime in each one.
French Chicken Soup with Lemon and Parsnips
In case you want to give a French soup recipe a try, this one is extremely tasty but will take at least three and a half hours of your time.
- Three pounds, bone-in, skin-in chicken piece,
- Four cups of water,
- Four cups chicken stock,
- Four ribs celery,
- One onion, skin on,
- Four cloves smashed garlic,
- One peeled shallot,
- One quartered lemon,
- Two diced carrots,
- One diced parsnip,
- Two tablespoons sea salt,
- One lime's juice,
- Four chopped scallions,
- Black pepper.
- To make the soup, start by combining the chicken, water, and chicken stock in a stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Now, add in the celery, onion, garlic, lemon, and shallots.
- Bring to boil before reducing to low heat and simmering for about one and a half to two hours.
- Next, remove the heat and allow it to cool before transferring the chicken to a bowl, discarding the other solids, and returning the broth to the pot.
- Afterward, if possible, refrigerate for a few hours to remove the fat.
- Once done, bring it to simmer and add in the carrots, parsley, onion, and sea salt.
- After this, you are to add the celery ribs and cook for twenty minutes, covered, on medium heat.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and add to the soup before simmering for another half an hour and stirring in the scallions and juice, and seasoning.
- Lastly, transfer to a bowl and serve warm.
Keep Yourself Warm in Winters with these Amazing Chicken Soups in 2020
Chicken soups are the go to dish in freezing winters and otherwise too. If you are looking to satisfy your hunger pangs, looking to eat something healthy or want a wholesome snack, you can make one of these recipes with ease. Do give the Indian recipes a try!