Adding a Personal Touch to Friendship Day Gifts
Friendship Day is one of the most endearing festivals celebrated across the globe. It is the day when you can express your feelings to your bestie and show her/him how important they are for you. You spend the entire year pulling pranks on each other, studying together, shopping together, sharing joys and sorrows, but on this special day, you convey to your best friend what they mean to you. While buying a friendship day gift is easier today, because of online shopping, we must admit, it has kind of taken away the charm a bit. As kids, you might have spent hours painting or colouring a card for your parents or weaving a friendship band for your friends. So, this friendship day, let us revive our old childhood memories and make something ourselves. A do-it-yourself gift definitely will showcase your infinite love and gratitude to your friend and evoke a special warmth and compassion that a ready-made gift might be incapable of.
While choosing what to gift your friend on Friendship’s Day, it is easy to get confused. There are so many choices and so to shortlist some options, it is best to make a list of what you can do best yourself. Whether its cooking, painting, art-work or music, pick up an option that you can turn into a personalized and do-it-yourself affair.
Why are DIY Gifts Better Options?
Do-It-Yourself gifts are much better options than ready-made gifts because they display your effort and thought. If you are ready to spend hours to make something yourself right from scratch, then the gift not only turns out to be more effective but also full of love for your bestie. Here are a few reasons why DIY gifts stand out from the rest.
Fun and Productive
Why not turn your gifting task into a real task by making something yourself? Such tasks could easily convert into hours of productive work, helping you polish your creative skills and coming up with personalized gifting options. You will feel much more productive when you indulge in gift making yourself. And remember, when it comes to your best friend, such gifts are worth the effort!
At times, you do have a certain idea in mind but cannot find it anywhere in the ready-made shops. For example, a personalized scrapbook can be only made by hand as you only know best, which picture goes where.
Easy on the Pocket
When you plan to make a Do-It-Yourself gift, you will be amazed at how cheap it comes up to. You can easily save a few bucks and make a better gift when you make it yourself. It is also a good option when you are running low on cash and yet want to gift something special to your friend.
Cool DIY Ideas to Impress Your Best Friend This Friendship Day
Here are some easy DIY ideas that you can make at home and impress your best friend on Friendship’s Day.
52 Things I Love About You Cards
This cool card gift is a quintessential DIY gift that you will not find in any shops or stores. It might take 2 to 3 hours to prepare but your friend will cherish it for a lifetime.
- Cards , take any pack of cards with a nice print.
- 52 bits of light-colored, similar sized paper on which you will write the messages
- Rhinestones for decoration
- Rings for binding the cards together
- Hole Punch
- Stick the bits of paper on each card in the center.
- Write your message on each paper. You can write messages like ‘I Love u Because You are Smart’ and so on.
- Collect all the cards and using a hole punch, punch two holes on the side.
- Insert the rings to make the cards look like a book.
- Your gift is ready.
A photo collage is one of the best gifts you can gift your friend on Friendship Day. You will have to put in some effort for this gift. These days, everyone takes photos on their smart phones but very few of us actually have real photographs. So you will have to select the best ones of your friend together with you and get them developed. Once you have your photos ready, you can start with the collage.
- Large Cardboard or Thermocol Piece
- Sketch pens, markers, paints
- Hole Punch
- Cut out a desirable shape from the thermocol or cardboard. You can choose a heart shape or an abstract shape too.
- Assort all the pictures in order of when you both met and at the end, put your recent pictures.
- You can put in some graffiti or art work in between and use sketch pens to highlight the pictures or make an outline.
- Alternatively, you can use stickers in between the photos or decorate the collage with rhinestones or glitter.
- After your collage is ready, punch in two holes on the top and attach a string, so that it can be hung on a nail.
Personalized Scented Candle
A Do-It-Yourself project is a popular choice for gifting because it is beautiful and unique. You can make this pretty candle for your friend which is easy to make and can be diversified in various ways. Here are some instructions on how to make a scented candle at home.
- One package of candle-making soy wax
- One package of large candle wicks
- One bottle of fragrance oil
- One spatula
- One heat-proof container
- One double boiler
- One thermometer
- One pair of chopsticks or pencils
- You need to have a clean and flat surface to work on. Place newspaper or paper towels on the surface.
- Measure the wax you would need to fill the container and then double it. You will need to melt that much wax.
- Next, pour the wax in a double boiler and melt it for 10 to 15 minutes. Do not forget to stir it frequently.
- Add the fragrance oils once the wax has melted. Just pour it into the melted wax and stir it for a few seconds.
- Attach the wick to the bottom of your container before you pour the wax. You can attach the wick by dipping it in the melting wax and then quickly sticking it to the bottom of the container.
- Now let the wax cool up-to 140 degrees and pour it in the container. Hold the wick into place. Leave a small amount in the boiler for topping off the candle later.
- Secure the wick into place by using two chopsticks. This will help keep the wick centered while the wax hardens.
- The wax will set in 4 hours.
- Once the candle has hardened, add more wax on top to give a neat look.
- Cut the extra wick.
- Use paint to decorate your candle with your friend’s name.
Chocolate Trifle Pudding
Give your bestie a festive treat and showcase your cooking skills by making their favorite chocolate pudding on Friendship’s day. This easy recipe will make you a star and will have your friend lick their fingers
- 1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (1.5 ounce) bar chocolate candy
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces whipped topping until no streaks remain.
- In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping. Repeat layers.
- Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish. Refrigerate for 8 hours before serving.
Who says scrap book is outdated? This year, surprise your bestie with a gift you have grown up with. Revive your school days memories by making her a scrap book right from scratch. While a photo collage contains only pictures of both of you, a scrap book can contain a lot of text, poems, graffiti and sweet memories have both of you have shared over the years.
- Scrap Book
- Colored felt tip pens, paints and markers
- Stickers and Rhinestones for decoration
- A few of your best photographs together
- Plan your scrap book in order of when you both met. Keep arranging text, poems, pictures in order right up-to your latest and most recent pic.
- Decorate the book with stickers, rhinestones along the way and make it look as impressive and creative as you can. Include texts stating your favorite restaurant, best joke, first crush, first movie together, first fight and so on.
- This scrap book should be a complete memorabilia of all the years of your friendship. Your friend will definitely cherish this one forever.
Friendship Day Bands
Friendship day bands never go out of fashion. Even if you are fifty and want to gift one to your best friend, she will definitely love your gesture. So get ready for some fun and quick DIY task.
- Beads of different colours
- Friendship boards (optional)
- Take a string and loop it around your wrist to get a rough measurement. Take a little extra for tying the knots later.
- Put the beads inside the string in a color arrangement with the friendship board in the center. Tie a knot on both the ends to secure.
- Attach the hook/clasp in the end of both to make a friendship band.
Some Cool Ideas to Spend Friendship Day with Your Bestie
If you also want to do something crazy and memorable on friendship’s day along with giving a nice gift, then you can indulge in some fun activities together.
Visit a Couple Spa
Book a couple of spa package for both of you and enjoy some precious time alone while relaxing and rejuvenating at a spa. To make it more special on Friendship’s Day, treat your friend for the spa and make her feel special.
Go for a Movie
Book a comedy movie or a rom-com for your friend and steal her /him away for three hours of non-stop fun. Laugh together on all the jokes and binge eat on popcorn and soda. Ensure that this becomes your most memorable Friendship Day ever!
Long Drive Never Goes Out of Fashion
Love going for long drives? Book a date with your bestie on friendship’s day and take her for a long long drive to one of your favourite destinations. Although you need no preparations for this gift, just ensure your car is fueled up and you have a stock of snacks at the back seat. And yes! Don’t forget to take your favourite music along.
Don't Forget a Happy Dinner or Lunch
Make friendship day more special by taking your bestie for lunch or dinner to her/his favourite place. Exchange gifts, relive old memories and talk about your plans. We all get so busy with our routine lives and that is why on Friendship’s Day, ensure that you both have ample time to share!
Make Friendship Day Special for Your Bestie with These Super-Easy DIY Gifts in 2019
Friendship Day is a day to rejoice and celebrate the presence of your best friends in your life. A Do-It-Yourself gift on this day becomes a priceless asset that can be cherished forever! With each of these ideas, it is important to remember what your friend enjoys and the memories that you all have together. Just because it's DIY doesn't mean it has to be cheap – as a matter of fact, it can be just the opposite, this could be something special and high quality that is made especially for them.
Get out there and get crafting.