Time to Get Creative with Your Gifts!
Wrapping your gift can become a very annoying and strenuous task even more so because you can never seem to be able to find the one with the perfect design. So, here are some gift ideas without a wrapping paper that can be changed a bit depending on your needs.
Importance of Gift Giving
Unlike what you might believe, giving gifts is beneficial for both, the giver as well as the receiver. Firstly, it will bring happiness to the one that receives it which will also make you feel good. Also, it will help form stranger relationships be it with your boss, employee, colleagues, family member, or friend.
In addition to that, giving gifts is known to help control your blood pressure. And, it is also good for helping relieve your stress and anxiety and is also a great deed.
Ideas to Wrap Your Gift Without a Wrapping Paper
Make a DIY Gift Bag
This first idea is a great one and, for this, you can use any type of paper, meaning, you can make it of any color and design.
- A colored sheet,
- Some glue,
- A ribbon.
- Start by finding the middle of the paper from the longer side.
- Now, bring one side to that length and then the other just an inch further before gluing the longer side to it.
- Next, from the bottom, fold it to a length of three fingers and then bring it upwards before opening it up and folding it towards the middle.
- After this, exceeding one cm from the middle, fold the upper side down and then the lower side upward.
- Once done, glue it and make a boxy thing by opening it from the top and making it into a cuboid.
- Afterward, place the gift inside it and fold it from the top; first a cm toward the front side and then the back, before repeating a few times.
- Now, let these go and put the box on the table before opening these folds a bit while holding from the middle and tightly knitting a ribbon from the top middle to the bottom.
Give DIY Wrapping Paper Made with Stamps a Try
Another great yet easy idea would be this one.
- Some blank paper sheets,
- A stamp,
- An ink pad,
- Your gift box,
- A double-sided tape,
- A pair of scissors,
- A ribbon.
- So, to make it, stamp the sheets with whatever design you like and leave it to dry.
- Once it is dry, connect together the sheets with a double-sided tape, and then cut the paper to the length and width of the box and cover the sides with it.
- Now, from the top of the sheet, fold one side into the box's topside and then form flaps with the two and then fold the last one, opposite to the first, into the box before fixing it there.
- Follow the same with the bottom side and, on a different colored sheet, put the stamp on before cutting into a rectangle.
- Afterward, place this stamp from one corner of the front side to the opposite and then tie a single ribbon to all the sides of the box and it is ready.
Use a Handkerchief or Any Piece of Fabric
Another very simple yet elegant way would be to use a handkerchief for wrapping a gift without wrapping paper. For this, you can also use any other fabric, and, if you don't already have one, you can give this set a try. So, the package includes 47 pieces of square handkerchiefs with different colors and designs on them. Each one is made of polyester silk that is very nice-looking, and, because it forms very few wrinkles, fits your needs well. Each one has sides of 21 cm and can be bought from Amazon for a total of INR 7,978.
- A handkerchief
- In this method, place the handkerchief on a flat table and put the box on it.
- Now, bring all four sides toward the top and tie a knot of your choice.
Put Your Old Crayons to Use
If you use crayons a lot and usually throw out the little bits at the end, we might suggest that you do not and instead use them to make a unique gift.
- Some crayons, broken into pieces,
- A brown packaging paper,
- A blow dryer.
- To get started, choose the crayon colors you want and pile them onto the paper.
- Now, simply put the blow dryer right onto them and start blow-drying.
- Once the start to melts, move the paper around, and let them spread in random directions.
- After this, dry them up and wrap your gift with this paper before tying around a ribbon of your choice.
Make Good Use of Your Ribbons
In case you do not want to have to gather around various things, you can simply wrap the gift with ribbons. For this, simply get ribbons in different colors and designs and get creative, wrapping them around the box as you like.
- Ribbons in different colors
- One simple way would be to wrap one side of the paper with different colors of plain, rectangular ribbons.
- Now, wrap different colors on the other side as well, going under one ribbon and over the other till all the sides have been covered.
Give Chalkboard Paper a Try
If you want an easy yet creative way of wrapping your gift box, you can try out this idea. For this, all you will need is some chalk paper, chalk, and a ribbon. In case you don't already have it, you can try this paper. It is made of great quality paper and all you have to do is peel and stick it to the box and show your artistic skills. In addition to that, it is also very versatile and you can easily clean off the chalk with a wet cloth and it is imported from the US. You can easily buy it online from DesertCart for INR 2,269.
- Chalk paper,
- A ribbon
- So, for this, wrap the paper around it before writing different things that you like about the person on the four sides and covering the topside and bottom with the art of your choice.
- You can also make different arts with chalks of different colors and end by tying a ribbon around the box.
Form Your Own Word Search Gift Wrap for the Nerds
If the gift receiver really likes word search, you can give this idea a try.
- A large print out of the word search that you like on the internet.
- Now, cut it out to the size that you will be needing and get a marker.
- With this in hand, randomly circle a couple of the words that you find.
- Remember not to overdo this part.
- Once this is done, simply wrap your gift with this as you normally would and follow by tying around a ribbon.
Make Your Own No-Sew Fabric Bags
If you want a really good idea that the receiver will absolutely cherish, you can give this one a try.
- Some cotton fabric,
- A pair of pinking scissors,
- A quarter-inch wide double-sided tape,
- Some embellishments like ribbons.
- To make it, start by cutting the fabric into two squares that will fit your gift properly with the pinking scissors.
- Now, apply the double-sided tape onto three sides of the pieces, and remember to attach them from the bottom side of the fabrics.
- Next, put the gift inside and attach the fourth side too.
- Instead of attaching the last side, you can also tie a ribbon around the top part and tighten it or embellish it in any other way that you like.
Try Woven Yarn
Another great idea would be to give the woven yarn a try. For this, all you will need are some rolls of different-colored woven yarn. If you don't already have the yarn, you can give this set a try. It contains ten different rolls with twenty grams each. Nine of these are of two colors like red and black, green and white, blue and white, orange and white, yellow and white, etc. For the last one, it is multi-colored and, if you want, you can simply wrap the gift with just this and it would still look good. You can get the set from Amazon for just INR 599.
- Some rolls of different-colored woven yarn.
- So, to wrap the gift, simply wrap the yarns around the boxes and tie them together at the end.
- Or, you can follow the same idea as the one with the ribbon for better looks.
- Or, if you want, you can also go from corner to corner and then from a little within and keep going till all sides are properly covered.
Spread Your Imagination to Include Maps
If the receiver of your gift is fond of travelling or simply likes maps, you should give this idea a try.
- A picture with a collage of maps of various areas and get it printed before wrapping the gift box with it.
- Or you can simply get a printout of the map of the country the receiver belongs to and wrap the gift with it.
- In case the person is a historian or just likes history, you can get the map of the world of the period that he likes the most and wrap it with that.
- To be even more playful, you can get the map printed on a cloth that looks good, like perhaps a silky fabric, and wrap the box with that.
Get Creative with Empty Cardboard Boxes
In case all you have is cardboard and some paints and brushes or crayons, pencil colors, and markers, you can give this idea a try.
- Some paints and brushes
- Pencil colors,
- This is considering that your artistic skills are very very good. So, for this, simply put your gift in a cardboard box and start painting.
- Here, we suggest that you consider the occasion and draw or paint accordingly.
- So, for Christmas, you can make things like a tree on one side and Santa Claus on the other and so.
- For a birthday, you can write 'birthday' artistically or something or you can also simply write the name of the person in a nice writing style.
- For a simple and easy yet good-looking gift box, you can also simply color all sides with different colors.
Make Some Adorable Flowers with Washi Tape
Now that you know the various ideas, you can try this one for decorating the box. For this, you can give this item a try. It is made of very high-quality material and will help add a lot of color to whatever you want to decorate with it. It is also very durable and is semi-transparent and can be bought from ItsyBitsy for INR 349.
- Washi Tape
- To make it, simply fold over the washi tape pieces and leave about one-quarter of an inch space on each end.
- Now, trim the edges of the tape and make them either pointed or rounded, depending on what flower shape you want.
- Once this is done, tape these petals to a cardstock circle and attach the flowers to the box.
Things to Consider When Wrapping Your Gift
The very first thing to consider when getting the item to wrap your gift is your budget. So, if you can afford to spend a little more, you should give the items like chalkboard paper or the handkerchief a try. However, if you cannot or do not want to spend too much on the wrapping, you can give ideas like the gift bag with paper a try. These require near to no money, and most of the items will be already available at your home.
Another thing that you will need to consider when buying the wrapping items would be the occasion. So, as you might have been able to guess, the more formal the occasion, the simpler the wrapping should be. However, for more casual events like birthdays, you can choose the more glittery wrappings.
Similarly, for the formal ones, we suggest that you do not test your artistic skills as you might end up making something that you cannot use altogether. However, for the birthdays of close friends or family members, you can try new things out as they will probably not mind if the appearance is not so good too.
The Gift and Your Skills
Another important thing to remember will be your gift. So, even though you can always use a bigger fabric or paper, some wrapping doesn't look too good if they are ultra-large. Similarly, some gifts might require a wrapping of different shapes rather than just a rectangle.
Other than that, you will also need to check if you can even make the wrapping. Meaning, if you decide to give an idea like the chalkboard paper a try but don't have great artistic skills, you may end up simply wasting your time. For people with inferior arts should choose the ones like with just ribbons a try.
Pour Your Heart Out with these Unique Gift Wrapping Ideas in 2021
Traditional gift wrapping using a wrapping paper is the go to choice for many but what makes a gift stand out is the amount of effort we put into it. These gift wrapping ideas might seem tedious but they will make your gift stand out! So, go ahead and impress your loved ones with these gift wrappings.