Keeping Kitchen Wall Tiles Clean: A Forgotten but Important Chore
Deep kitchen cleaning helps to provide a healthier environment for cooking and also manage food hygiene more efficiently. It prevents foodborne illnesses which can be very harmful to you and your family. Cleaning the kitchen tiles should be on a regular basis as part of your food health and safety procedures as it can stop germs from infecting your food and catering environment. Moreover, when the kitchen is kept clean, you can enjoy prepping meals more. Also, you can treat your guests in the kitchen. This will save you time.
Furthermore, they will appreciate not only your cooking skills but it will also leave a healthy and hygienic impression on them. People spend a lot of time in the kitchen, and they naturally are affected by their surroundings. Therefore, you are suggested to keep your surroundings clean so that you can be prevented from lots of health risks.
How to Clean Oil Stains From Kitchen Wall Tiles: Some of the Best Ways to Keep Them Shining
- Baking soda
- To make this DIY cleaner, start by pouring half a cup of lemon juice into 1/4 cup of water.
- Next, add two teaspoons of baking soda and stir it well. A smooth mixture will be formed.
- Make sure all the ingredients are combined well.
- After this, apply this paste on the wall tile and scrub it with a brush.
- Do not get harsh while scrubbing because it can leave scratches on them.
- Now, let it sit for about 30 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water and a clean cloth.
- Baking soda
- Cotton cloth
- Start by combining 7 cups of water with 1 cup baking soda and 1 cup household ammonia.
- Stir all the ingredients well and apply the solution to the desired area.
- Next, start scrubbing the area and then leave it on for 15 minutes.
- After this, clean it with regular water and wipe it off with a towel.
- First, mix the powdered bleach with water to form a thick paste about the consistency of toothpaste.
- Usually, this requires a ratio of about two parts powdered bleach to one part of water.
- Stir this mixture well until the ingredients are combined together.
- Next, take a sponge to apply a coat of the bleach paste to the tiles and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Next, use a brush to scrub it.
- After this, sponge up the excess cleaning solution, and then apply tap water.
- Next, wipe off the remaining liquid with the towel and let it dry.
- White vinegar
- Water at room temperature
- Spray bottle
- Sea salt
- Soft-bristled brush
- Dry towel-paper
- Start by pouring the six parts of white vinegar in a spray bottle and two parts of water in it.
- After this, add a dash of sea salt in it and combine well all the ingredients.
- In order to increase the effectivity, measure the quantities of liquids.
- Next, spray this solution on the desired area and rub it with a wash.
- Let it sit for almost 15 minutes and then spray normal water on it.
- Lastly, wipe off the excess water with the cotton cloth or towel and dry it with a paper towel.
With Rubbing Alcohol
Combine equal parts of:
- White vinegar
- Rubbing alcohol
- Add ½ tsp. of liquid dish soap
- You can also add a few drops of peppermint essential oil for sweet fragrance.
- This works well if you use a spray bottle.
- Thus, add all the ingredients and mix them well.
- Next, spray it onto the tiles and rub it to clean.
- After this, let it sit for 10 minutes and then wipe off with a paper towel.
With Baking Soda
- Baking soda
- Soft cotton cloth
- Dry towel-paper
- Start by adding 5 tbsp of water to a bowl and add 2 teaspoons of salt to it.
- After this, add a pinch of salt to it and mix well.
- Next, apply this paste to the greasy area and scrub it with a brush.
- Next, let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- After this, rinse it off with clean water and wipe off the excess with a towel.
With Dish Soap
- Dish soap
- Hot water
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of dish soap mixed in with 1/3 cup of hot water.
- Combine both the ingredients well.
- Next, apply this to the tiles and rub it with a loofah.
- Keep rubbing for at least five minutes.
- Next, leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse off with regular water and wipe off the excess with a towel.
With Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Baking soda
- 1:1 mixture of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda works best.
- Start by 6 mixing a cup of hydrogen peroxide with one cup of baking soda.
- Mix both the ingredients. Then, apply this paste on the tile and wait for 5 minutes.
- After this, scrub the area with a brush, and rinse off.
- Clean the excess paste with water and a towel.
- Let the tile air-dry now.
- Make sure to wear gloves, glasses, and mask before using this solution as it can be harmful if you have sensitive skin and can cause reactions.
Tips to Maintain the Kitchen Environment
Apart from tiles, keeping clean other equipment and things present in the kitchen is also important. Make sure that the wall tiles, as well as floor tiles, dry out completely to prevent odor and humidity. Next, keep the doors open to increase air ventilation. This will increase the flow of fresh air and will provide you with healthy surroundings. Also, keep your exhaust fans running in the kitchen during cooking to eliminate the odor build up. Moreover, you are suggested to sweep and vacuum the kitchen floor tiles daily to make deep cleaning easier. Also, try to clean up the spillages on kitchen tiles as soon as possible in order to avoid staining. In addition to all that, regularly wiping tiles with a disinfectant will prevent the growth of bacteria and other germs.
Kitchen Wall Tile Cleaners Available Online
Frosch Vinegar Cleaner
If you are looking for a cheap effective kitchen wall tile cleaner, give this de-scaler a try. This product does not contain artificial acids, harmful chemicals, and abrasive elements. It is composed by using all the natural substances. The main ingredient of this cleaner is vinegar that efficiently removes limestone, dirt, and greasy stains.
It deeply purifies the tiles, thereby removing stains, oil splashes, killing germs, and sanitizes the area. Moreover, it adds shine to the tiles and leaves a glowing sparkle. To use this, mix 1/3 cup (60 ml) to 5.25 quarts (5L) water. Then, apply it to the desired area with a sponge, and scrub it. After this, rinse it thoroughly and wipe it off. If the stains are stubborn apply this liquid undiluted, and leave it for 20 minutes and rinse thoroughly. You can buy this cleaner from Amazon for only INR 269.
Organica ThinkSafe Natural Tile Cleaner Liquid
It is made by using all the natural plant-based ingredients that not only help to clean the place but also gives fragrance. The presence of essential oils in it provides a very mild smell. It has surface-active agents that absorb the oil, grime, and wipe it away. Furthermore, it has eco-friendly packaging and has instructions at the back too. The manufacturer claims to provide 99.9% protection from germs, thereby killing bacteria, fungi, and viruses. In addition to all that, it is safe for babies and pets as well. You can buy this liquid from Amazon for INR 349.
PIXUR Marble and Tile Shampoo Orange & Deo Fresh
This Pixur Marble and Tile Shampoo is particularly made to clean your home and kitchen tiles. It is made by using the extract of natural ingredients like herbs and flowers. It does not contain any kind of chemical, acid, harsh abrasive, chlorine, HCl, and ammonia. It also has essential oils which provide a very sweet fragrance. This package contains two products i.e., cleaner and shampoo. For daily cleaning, add 10-liter water in a bucket add 10-20 ml tile shampoo, mix well and rub on the floor with on the desired area. For stubborn stains, directly apply the shampoo to the affected area and let it sit for 20 minutes. Lastly, wash it off and wipe the excess liquid away. You can buy this from Flipkart for only INR 405.
How to Remove Oil Stains from Kitchen Wall Tiles
The kitchen is a space that should be free from germs and odor. It should be inviting and clean at all times. When preparing meals, or doing dishes, you may accidentally spill oils or food particles that might render the kitchen untidy. You need to act swiftly, to clean the dirtied areas to avoid uncleanliness which might lead to contamination. These are some of the kitchen practices you should carry out regularly to keep the kitchen clean. This helps as when it comes to doing thorough cleaning, it becomes much easier. Some more tips on how to keep the kitchen clean have been featured as well as some great products you can use to keep the kitchen clean.