Stylish Ways to Wear Kurti
Most women belong to the ‘do not-have-anything-to-wear’ category and they find nothing appealing in their wardrobe before going out. Well, it is hardly possible to have a whole new wardrobe every day. Instead, you can solve the problem by styling your clothes innovatively especially the versatile kurtis.
- Ethnic way: Wearing kurti with a skirt makes a perfect pair and it looks adorable. It gives a feminine outlook and a comfortable feeling at the same time. You can always go from ankle length to floor length depending on the occasion.
- Classic formal way: Nothing can beat the fun Indo-western look and kurti with straight formal pants are the best thing you can wear for work. Team up with a stylish stiletto and ethnic jhumka to complete the look.
- College days look: When you team your ethnic look with kurti and three-fourth pants, it will increase your fashion sense like a pro. Use a high low style kurti, with sneakers and a messenger bag to look just like a college girl, even if you are not.
- Kurti with jacket: Kurti with the jacket is a style statement and gives an impact of high fashion. You can choose from long to crop jacket and flaunt a stylish look. Accessorise yourself with a lengthy statement earring and sandals.
- Bohemian girl: Just like skirt and kurti, another creative way to dress and style your kurti is with palazzo pants. They look super gorgeous and is in fashion. Extremely comfortable during summer and you get much chance to mix and match with different shades.
- Diva look: Experiment with various styles which are not that common yet if you can pull them off it will create a new fashion sense. Drape a saree and wear kurti instead of a blouse. This will bring a high fashion statement. You can try a heavy embroidered saree with a contrast plain kurti to portray a stylish look. Try your beach vacation with a sheer kurti to cover up bikini for a glamorous effect with a beach wave hairstyle.
- Kurti as a dress and with shorts: Instant fashionable look can be achieved if you dare to use your kurti as an ethnic dress and rock a western look with the bottomless and gorgeous boot. Another way you can use your favourite denim shorts and a printed sneaker with a front slit kurti and be the stunner of the day.
10 Great Combo of Kurti with Skirt
Blue Kurti with Beige Skirt
Polka dots are a passion print for all ages. White small polkas over blue skirt are sure to look beautiful on anyone. A beige coloured small kurti with blue pompoms can be an excellent match. The skirt has a magenta inner layer which gives a pop-up colour and makes the design more unique. The combo comes in various sizes like M, L, and XL, with the bust size 38, 42, and 46, top waist 34, 38 and 42, high hip 39, 43 and 47 respectively. The trims have tassels, and fringes and the kurti is sleeveless. The fabric is non-transparent and a v neck shape. The kurti material is silk, and the skirt is rayon. The price for this kurti set is Rs. 2395 after discount at Limeroad.
Festive Wear Teal Blue Kurti and Beige skirt
A shiny, silky kurti with a soft silky skirt is elegant for a festive day. For an occasion, you can always go for bright and sparkling dresses, and this teal blue kurti with a beige skirt will steal the show. It has a large side slit which gives a full view of the skirt. Both the dress and the kurti are made of silk-type material. The kurti has short sleeve and round neck, and it comes in various sizes like XS, S, M, XL and XXL. The price for the kurti and skirt set is Rs. 1284 after discount at Flipkart.
Foil Printed Kurta and BlackSkirt Set
If you are a fan of black colour like us, you cannot go wrong wearing a gold and black kurta and skirt. The festive nights become immensely bright with the dark black kurta and skirt. The full printed kurti and skirt set dimension is as follows: the salwar length is 38, the kurti length is 46. It does not have any trim, closure and it is short sleeved. The material is rayon for the kurti and cotton for the skirt. It has a non-transparent look with foil prints all over. The A-line kurti has embroidery on front, elbow, sleeves, and a straight hemline. The skirt has black, and gold mid-rise flared wrinkle with an elastic waistband. It comes with various sizes to select from the small, medium, large, extra-large and two extra-large. The price after a grand discount comes at Rs. 2172 at Limeroad.
Red Kurti with a White Skirt
Red and white is a traditional colour combination, and the bright contrast shade of both colours looks ravishing whenever used together. Here is a kurti which is perfect red and it is contrasted with an off-white skirt which looks elegant and classic for any festive season or traditional occasion. It seems more beautiful as the red kurti has golden leaf work, and the skirt has golden prints too. The set comes with an off-white dupatta. The material of the kurta is poly-georgette, and it has three-quarter sleeves, a straight hem and side slits. The sizes you will get are medium, large, extra-large and 3XL. This kurti costs Rs. 2925 at Jabong after a discount.
Simple Nude Colour Kurti and Orange-Red Skirt Set
When it is a time to go casual and simple, you choose pastels and basic patterns for your dress. A simple skin colour kurti with the orange-red skirt is a perfect match for the summery weather and casual outdoor visits. This kurti has a beautiful boat neck with a sleeveless design which makes it comfortable to wear any time of the day. It has a border of the same printed fabric as the skirt. The material is crepe which is lighter as well as dries up quickly. It is available in various sizes like small, medium, large, extra-large, XXL and 3XL. This superior quality dress set is available for Rs. 1466 at Amazon.
Green Silk Long Kurti and Golden Skirt
Silk is a beautiful and high-quality material that looks very elegant and is ideal for festivals and occasions. It can be worn day or night, anytime round the year due to its super soft quality. This kurti and skirt set has a kurti of bright rama green colour with a golden skirt. The kurti has foils of golden designs all over, and the golden skirt is plain but a beautiful contrast. It has a front slit design to enhance the golden skirt, and it is sleeveless. Though you will get sleeves separately with the set. The neck portion has a golden design, and front portion has a golden embroidery. It also has patchwork and pattern embroidery work. The kurti fabric is a banarasi brocade silk material, the inner is made of polyester, and the skirt is made out of chanderi silk. You can always pair this piece with heels or flats and matching jewellery for an elegant and unique look. The price for this kurti is Rs. 1699 plus a delivery fee on Amazon.
Beige Kurti with a Red Skirt and Dupatta
When it comes to bandhej, the total package of attire becomes so much ethnic. Traditionally embroidered kurti looks elegant with the contrast skirt and if you try out a dupatta with it, the set becomes perfect to wear for any Indian festival. Here is a kurti skirt set, which is colourful yet matt, elegant yet bright. The beige kurti has nice silver embroidery and the neckline has a reddish-orange piping line which gives it a nice contrast. The skirt is in bandhej print, and gota Patti work and the dupatta is same as the skirt. The kurta is designed with a round neck and a slit; it also has long side slits and three-quarter sleeves. The contrast piping on the placket and gota Patti work makes it unique. Team this with a high heel and matching jewellery for the best ethnic look. The price is Rs. 2925 after discount at Jabong.
Yellow Straight Kurti with Yellow Printed Skirt
If you have a slim body, a straight kurti will enhance your curves and make you look more comfortable. This bright yellow kurti has a notched boat neck design, and it fits the correct standard size. The skirt is also in yellow, and it looks gorgeous with the kurti. The fabric is polyester chanderi for the kurti, and the skirt is made of cotton. The skirt has a red floral print, and the kurti has pink flower embroidery. The sizes available for this dress set are small, medium, large and extra-large. You can get this in two colours, yellow and white. The price for this item is Rs. 1750 after discount at Ajio.
Black Kurti with Red Skirt
You cannot go wrong with black colour whatever your body shape, skin tone or height may be. Black and red is a deadly combination during any night party or festival season. A beautifully printed kurti in black with a bright red skirt makes you stand out whatever may be the occasion. The kurti has block prints, and it is an Anarkali style kurti. The fabric is pure cotton, and it has round collar highlighted with loop and fabric placket hemline. A red skirt with similar block golden foil design and zari border will enhance the contrast shade and make it suitable for festive days. The price of this dress is Rs. 875 at Amazon and it is a comfortable material to wear.
Red Metallic Kurti with Off-white Skirt and Dupatta
Want to grab all the attention during a marriage ceremonial party or festive occasion? Then choose this red and off white poly metallic suit which is unique as well as elegant. The golden leaf motif print all over the body of the kurti and the gold foil prints on the off white skirt with a beautiful off-white dupatta suits the whole ambience of the dress. The touch of golden glitter and the contrasting colour make this set appealing and perfect for any celebration. Combine this dress with golden heels, bangles and matching heavy earrings to make it a complete attire for any big occasion. The price for this set is Rs. 3,250 at Biba.
Bonus Tips: How to Wear Kurti with Skirt in a Smarter Way
Kurti with the skirt is a casual outfit and looks very suave along with a boho feel. It can be easily be dressed up and especially looks great during spring and summer. In a perfect sultry day pair your kurti and a long skirt or a wrap around for a casual day out or wear a kurti with heavy work and skirt for a wedding party.
- Kurti and skirt experiment: try out different lengths and styles for new looks. For a wedding team up with silk kurti and lehenga skirt. Wear chandbalis, maang tika and bangles with it. This look can go for a day out with friends or any event.
- Plain skirt and bold kurtis: for a mehndi ceremony or a major day time event wear some bright coloured kurti with heavy embroidery work and a plain and solid skirt. Try out a chunky earing and an Anarkali style to give an ethnic hint.
- Kurti and skirt for formal events: slit kurtis are in fashion, and they go well with palazzos and skirts. Wear an A-line kurti with front or side slit, and experiment with patterns and style. Any pastel shade can be a beautiful choice for formal office events. Minimal makeup on the lighter side, and accessories and a single statement piece of jewellery like a necklace or jhumka either one, a dark lip shade with light eye makeup for dark eyes and nude lip shade and a heel can become a statement attire.
Versatility of Kurti
Kurti is one of the most understated among Indian ethnics. Its beauty and feminine nature have been forgotten in recent times. But it is making a come back in both traditional sense and also as a fusion garment. Replacing the classic chudidhar are leggings, pants, palazzos, shorts and of course skirts. With skirts, you can elevate the simple and classic kurti to be a fashion statement. This is something that will suit everyone. Just carry it with confidence and pride in our ethnic dress.