Origins of the Lehenga As We Know it Today
Lehenga is worn with a blouse called choli, it is a three-piece dress in which lehenga is a long skirt which is tied around the waist, choli is a well-fitted blouse which is usually short in length to leave the mid-riff uncovered. It is worn by a matching or contrast dupatta which can be worn in various ways.
Party and festivals give us an opportunity to dress up and flaunt our style. The best part of attending these occasions is to find the perfect attire to wear. Being Indian most women and girls prefer ethnic dresses for special occasions. There are a number of dresses one can wear to a party but Lehenga is one of the most favourites of them all. It looks grand and you have millions of designs to choose from.
You can find these lehengas in modern silhouettes which is designer elements in urban and modern styles. Some of the well-known designers like Manish Malhotra, Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Anju Modi make beautiful lehengas with contemporary styles. You can buy a lehenga for almost all the occasions be it for a wedding, a birthday party or festivals.
They can be worn with ethnic jewellery like Kundan, meenakari etc. You can wear lehengas all throughout the year as they come in so many fabrics like satin, brocade, velvet etc. for winters and georgette, chiffon and crepe for summers, you can choose according to the season.
Lehenga Choli was initially worn by the women in North India, it was brought to India by the Mughals. Originally it was made of fine cotton with exclusive handwork, embroidery and other embellishments. Now a days lehenga choli is made of various materials like silk, chiffon, khadi etc. You can find stunning stitched lehengas or semi-stitched ones too.
It is important to take good care of your lehenga. Lenghas need to be dry cleaned to avoid destroying the fabric, embroidery and embellishments on them. They should be kept in a dry place wrapped in a clean white cloth to avoid metal from tarnishing.
Most of the lehengas are quite expensive due to the handwork on them which can be difficult for everyone to buy for different occasions throughout the year but now you can rent these lehengas easily from various stores and even online.
We have compiled a list of such online stores from where you can rent these lehengas at a nominal price.
Why Rent a Lehenga Instead of Buying?
As we already know that lehenga is an expensive attire, therefore, it is important to keep your budget in mind before buying a lehenga for yourself and if you have budget constraints then renting a lehenga would be a better choice for you. Having a set budget will also help you decide on the kind of money you want to spend on rent as well.
- Since lehengas are expensive you would want to use it on many different occasions but no one wants to repeat their dresses at every party they attend. If you are a creative person you can restyle your lehenga and use it again but if not then you should rent it each time you want to attend a party and look different.
- Every girl dream of wearing a designer lehenga once in their lifetime but buying one can leave your budget shaken but you can live your dream if you rent a designer lehenga. You can feel like a Bollywood diva without spending a load of money.
- Taking care of your lehenga can be a hassle. You need a bigger space for keeping your lehenga straight and need to get it dry cleaned after each use. You also need to take it out once in a while to let it freshen up. If you want to save yourself from all of this go ahead and rent it out.
- Buying a lehenga can be fun but if you don't have too much time on hand then renting is a good way to be prepared for a party.
- If you are planning a destination wedding then carrying a heavy bridal lehenga to the spot can be stressful. An easier thing to do would be to rent a lehenga from a boutique in the city, use it and return it for a stress-free wedding.
- Girls are practical these days especially when it comes to managing money. They set their priorities for their wedding like the amount they want to spend on a good photographer for memorable pictures and on the best makeup artist to look stunning on her wedding day. Renting a lehenga helps in budget reallocation and using the money in things which are more important to them.
How Does Online Renting works? FAQs on Renting Outfits
If you are looking into renting a lehenga for a special occasion you are bound to have a million questions regarding it. Here are some questions answered for you to make renting simple for you.
Q1. How many days in advance do I need to book the outfit?
- Different sites have different policies but it is advisable to finalize a product and place an order as soon as you can this way you will have many options to choose from and waiting for the last day can be stressful too.
Q2. How does the return and cancellation work for renting?
- Most of the site offer easy returns with 10% refunds but they do advice you to request a return within 12 hours of receiving the lehenga. They ask you to keep the invoice and have the lehenga packed as it was delivered. Cancellation can also be done but check before placing an order as different sites have different policies.
Q3. How long can I keep the lehenga?
- Sites let you rent a lehenga usually for 4 to 7 days. You can request for an extension too.
Q4. How long does it take to process the refund of the security deposit?
- Different sites have different time set for refunds but usually, it takes 3 to 7 working days.
Q5. Can I get the fitting done for a rented lehenga?
- Each site has a fitting option. You choose the measurements during placing an order. Some sites talk directly with you through emails or WhatsApp for perfect measurements.
Q6. What happens if the outfit is damaged by the user?
- The outfits are checked at the time of return. Nominal damage is not an issue but if the damage is beyond repair then your deposit is not refunded back to you.
Top 10 Beautiful Lehenga on Rent for Different Occasions
Now after clearing every doubt and questions here the main part comes that from where to get cheap and best lehenga and why to waste time and energy on going out when you can just check and get it home delivered in some clicks. BP-Guide has done it for you. You just need to select one to get ready with a gorgeous look.
Weaves of Wonder Slate Blue Embroidered Lehenga Choli With Dupatta
Looking for a stunning lehenga choli to wear on a special occasion? You can rent this Slate Blue Embroidered Lehenga with dupatta for Rs. 2,199 for four days from flyrobe.com.
This beautiful piece is an ethnic ensemble made from art silk. The choli looks captivating with its unique leaf neckline and the sleeves are half with pleated cuff. The Lehenga is called a kalidar lehenga which touches the floor. The combination of beige with blue makes its net dupatta breathtaking. It has heavy gold floral and geometric design embroidery to make it look festive.
In case you want to buy it, you pay 8,500 and the lehenga is yours.
Abhinav Mishra Look #2071 Gold Embroidered Lehenga Set
Another beautiful lehenga on rent is available for Rs. 8,499 with a refundable deposit of Rs. 9,000 from stage3.com.
The Gold embroidered lehenga is designed by Abhinav Mishra and adds charm to your beauty when you flaunt it around in a party. This set features a gold embroidered blouse. It is paired with a matching lehenga with ruffle detailing and dupatta
The retail price for this stunning lehenga is Rs. 60,000
Krupa Jain Crop Top, Tulle Skirt & Jacket
This powered yellow tulle two-layered skirt given an extra oomph to your attire. It comes with a spaghetti crop top which is beautifully hand embroidered. The skirt is made of two layers of knife pleats made of tulle. The best piece of the lehenga is its soft organza jacket that will leave you the talk of the party as you roam around like a fairy in it.
You can rent this amazing lehenga for Rs. 4,499 by depositing the refundable amount of Rs. 2,999 from lionise.com.
The retail price of this piece is Rs. 21,000.
Sabyasachi Mukherjee Look #648 Red Velvet Lehenga with Zardosi Embroidery
It’s your wedding day and you want to look your best. Bridal lehengas are specially made for that particular occasion and are quite expensive. Most of the Indian girls worship one or more Bollywood divas and what will be better than wearing a lehenga matching their style. You can rent this beautiful bridal lehenga for Rs. 60,000 with a refundable amount of Rs. 1,12,500 from stage3.com.
This red lehenga is made of velvet with gold floral sequins and bead embellishment. The blouse of this lehenga is also made of velvet with antique sequins, zardozi and dabka embroidery and has a net dupatta. You can team this lehenga up with a traditional kundan set and look stunning on your special day.
The retail price of this stunning piece is Rs. 7,50,000.
Janhavi & Satya Peach Lehnga with Golden Hand Embroidery
Another astonishing lehenga for you to rent is available for Rs. 14,999 on rentanattire.com. This stunning lehenga can be worn by the bride's sister to look equally pretty as the bride. The satin lehenga is covered with the fine hand embroidery and comes with a sheer dupatta with work along the border and motifs scattered around it to create a dreamy look.
ZAYAH Sage Green Floral Printed Lehenga With Choli & Dupatta
For girls who like to be comfortable and still flaunt a lehenga can go for this skirt type ensemble which will give a feel of wearing a lehenga but it’s not actually a traditional lehenga.
It is coming with a pink art silk blouse with off-shoulder sleeves for a modern look. It has a sage green georgette floor length box pleated flared lehenga with floral digital print. You can wear it with a tone printed dupatta with golden lace border or can go without it too. This beautiful girlish lehenga is available for Rs. 2,900 for 4 days at flyrobe.com.
Nachiket Barve, Look #2063 Teal blue Embroidered Jacket Set
Lehengas have evolved and you can find different types of modern lehengas in the market. This stunning new look lehenga comes with a teal blue embroidered jacket blouse with a matching lehenga skirt. It is available for Rs. 8,499 with a refundable deposit of Rs. 12,431 on stage3.com.
The retail price of this lehenga is Rs. 82,875, in case you fall in love with it and wants to keep it. You can wear this lehenga in corporate parties and look smart and confident.
Alka Bharti Brocade And Silk Lehenga
Brocade lehengas are in style these days. They make a simple lehenga look festive. You can rent this beautiful blue silk lehenga with zardozi embroidery and a brocade choli for Rs. 3,499 for 4 days with and security deposit of Rs. 4,000 on rentitbae.com.
The retail price of this lehenga is Rs. 27,000.
Pink Gota lehenga
Colour pink is an all-time favourite of girls of all ages and if you team it up with beautiful gota work the outfit looks out of this world. You can wear this beautiful workmanship by renting it for Rs. 3,500 from wrapd.in.
This lehenga looks stunning with or without a dupatta although it comes with baby pink net dupatta. The lehenga has a satin lining to make it shine and you can wear it during a day party and look stunning.
Gold Mirror Lehenga Set
Gold colour never goes out of style. Wearing this gold mirror lehenga set will make you shine amidst all the guests in a party. It is embellished with embroidered mirrors which adds extra shimmer to it. You wear it at night and watch people's head turn as soon as you enter the party.
This lehenga itself gives a heavy look, therefore, you don't have to wear heavy jewellery with it. You can rent this exquisite lehenga for Rs. 9,500 with a refundable amount of Rs. 9,500 from thestylease.com.
Always Keep Lehenga Safe and Clean
Those why wear Lehenga knows how hard it is to clean lehenga once it gets dirty and it's quite expensive too. So if you are renting any lehenga always try to keep it safe and clean because it will loss of the sites and they will deduct from your deposit. Renting is a good option for those who always want to try something new but in an economical way. But keeping others thing safe is also our responsibility.