What is a Bridesmaid Invitation Box?
Its official and your boyfriend has gone down on his knees and asked you to marry him. Once the proposal is official, then comes the festivities along with the mad rush of arrangements to be made for your D-day! However, having a group of your best pals in your squad eliminates the stress and you have helping hands to help you plan the festivities. So, what is the best way to invite your friends as your bridesmaids for the wedding? Don’t fret! This article takes you through the best ways in which you can impress your girls.
Gift them bridal invitation boxes and ask them to be a part of your memorable day. A bridal invitation box is a thoughtful way to ask your close friends and family to be part of the wedding festivities. A bridal invitation box can be customized as per the bridesmaids' likes and preferences. In this article, we have listed some of the popular items that can be included in the invitation box.
Items Included in a Bridesmaid Invitation Box
The market is flooded with numerous gifts but a lot of thought has to go in while choosing the items to be placed in a bridesmaid invitation box. The items should impress you as well as your bridesmaids. Since the bridesmaids consist of close friends and family, you can show your appreciation by choosing thoughtful items.
Bridal invitation boxes are sent out at least six months in advance before the wedding. This gives the bride ample time to choose the items that need to be placed in the box. If you are running short of time, you can choose things that are available readily. Else, you can go ahead and make it yourself if you want to add a personal touch to your invitation box.
Express Your Ideas, Themes and Expectations
Here is a list of guidelines that you can follow while choosing a bridesmaid invitation box.
- Ideas: If you are a bride brimming with ideas and creativity, you can go all out. Fuel your creativity by choosing unique gifts that emphasize your talent and quirkiness. For instance, if you are an artist, you can add a personal touch to the boxes by hand-painting them with fond memories that you have shared with your friend thus making it a picture-perfect gift.
- The theme of the wedding: If you are a bride who is particular about adding a theme for the wedding, you can customize the box as per the chosen theme. For instance, if you want a beach wedding, you choose summer pajamas, sea-breeze flavoured candles, sunscreens, lotions, seashell bath bombs, summery perfumes, and a bottle of champagne. Thus, selecting an appropriate theme helps one to sort out the item list in an efficient manner.
- Expectations: Before going ahead with the preparations, it is best to sit down and discuss the things to sort them out. Firstly, decide on a wedding date, venue, and guest list. Once the initial things are sorted, go ahead and plan the festivities that you want to include. For instance, bachelorette parties, bridal showers, receptions, and weddings. Secondly, set up a budget for each of these events and stick to it. This will provide an idea of how to plan the festivities according to your budget. If you are having a hard time planning, you can hire a wedding planner to ease your burden. Finally, decide on your bridesmaid list well in advance and ask for their reply. While asking them to be a part of your special day, convey your expectations from your bridesmaid and their contribution to your wedding. Give them ample time and space to convey their decision.
Budget for Setting up an Invitation Box
Setting a budget for your invitation box is an important process of planning. Once the budget is set, you can make a list of possible items that can be included in the box. If you have an ample budget, you can go ahead and splurge on the items such as perfumes, pieces of jewelry, vacation tickets, expensive wines or champagnes, etc. On the contrary, if you have a limited budget, you can go ahead and make thoughtful DIY that adds a personal touch to your box. For instance, you can make custom bath bombs, homemade goodies such as cookies or wine, handmade jewelry, custom clothing, etc. Finally, you can customize your box with a thoughtful handwritten note.
How to Present a Bridesmaid Invitation Box?
Presentation is the key when it comes to impressing your best pals. You can arrange a casual lunch or dinner date with your potential bridesmaids. At the end of the dinner, you can discuss and present them with the invitation boxes. If your friend lives far away, you can send it across via mail. If you are sending your invitation via mail, take necessary precautions while packing to ensure that your box is not damaged during transit.
Do's and Dont's to Keep in Mind While Inviting
Here is a list of do’s and don’ts to keep in mind while inviting bridesmaids.
- Prepare well in advance to avoid last-minute bailouts.
- Ask your bridesmaids to RSVP and to inform well in advance if they can’t make it to the wedding.
- Convey your expectations clearly to avoid misunderstanding.
- Discuss the logistics and hotel arrangements with your bridesmaids.
- Involve them in the planning process and convey the list of responsibilities.
- Mention your budget and thoughts about the wedding.
- Request them to be present for important events such as rehearsal dinners, reception, and dress trials.
Bridesmaid Invitation Box : Ideas & Suggestions to Help You Find the Right Options
1. Bride Tribe Box
This beautiful Gift Box can be customized as per your liking thus making it a unique choice for gifting. It consists of makeup essentials to help them get ready for your big day. It consists of a blush, waterproof coloured eye pencil, eye makeup palette, mascara, liquid eyeshadow, and matte lipstick. You can choose the quantity of the products and customize the box accordingly. The site offers around a 15% discount on these boxes thus making it the best deal. All the products are encased within an attractive magnetic box along with a thoughtful note. Impress your tribe with this box and make them be a part of your wedding festivities.
2. Lush & Lovely Lilac Dreams Hamper
Does your bridesmaid love everything floral and aromatic things? The lush and lovely lilac hamper is a dream gift for them. It consists of fresh lilac roses, Kamini, and purple Limonium flowers in a lavender-coloured tray. The Hamper also consists of lavender-scented glass candles, lavender-infused oil, and potpourri. The fragrance oil can be used in a diffuser to make their home smell amazing and to calm their senses. The florals and the tray is adorned with lace ribbons to add elegance to your gift. This thoughtful aromatic hamper will be hit among your friends.
3. Wedding Special Gift Box
Indulge in wedding festivities by presenting this special festive box to pamper your bridesmaids. The gift box from plume consists of items ranging from basic to professional products. It consists of a silk blur moisturizer, hydrating primer enriched with hyaluronic acid, and avocado extracts. The Box is also comprised of two plush matte lipsticks, a beauty blender, and five pieces of a professional makeup brush set. The makeup brush set can be used for applying the products to the face and eyes. It comes in a bright pink plush box making it the perfect gift for your girls.
4. Will You Be My Bridesmaid Box?
Pamper your bridesmaids with love by choosing this “Galentine’ Invitation Box. The unique box consists of Balkan Rose chocolate or Cranberry chilli chocolate and an assortment of cocktail mixes. To make her look her glowing best, the box consists of a date night serum encased in a glossy pink bottle with a dropper. The second box consists of a cranberry ginger cocktail mix with a rose silver bubbly spread. The final box consists of an orange cinnamon cocktail mix with a strawberry basil bubbly spread. Each of these boxes consists of two rose gold wine glasses. All these items are packed in a classic rose gold box replete with a personalized message.
5. Assorted Fragrance Set
Is your bridesmaid fond of fragrances? Impress her with a fragrance mist set from Victoria’s Secret. The Fragrance Set consists of a set of five perfume veils of mist – Bombshell, Very Sexy Night, Tease, Angel Gold, and Love. The entire set is designed based on their signature scents such as deep, warm, magnetism, delicate and powerful. They are perfect for any time wear or can be chosen according to the time of the day. They are arranged perfectly in the signature black and pink coloured box.
Do It Yourself Bridesmaid Invitation Box Ideas
If you are a bride who tends to be everything creative and simple as possible, check out these amazing do-it-yourself invitation box ideas. Express your creativity in asking your bridesmaid to be a part of your special day. You can refer to these DIY ideas to curate an amazing proposal box. The first step in curating your box is to create a list of things that are required to put them together.
Here is an idea on what to include in these boxes, you can create your custom box using these things
- Custom cups and flutes
- Quirky jewelry
- Hair ties
- Customized makeup bags/pouches
- Classic champagne bottle
- Mini champagne bottles
- Embroidered socks
- Customized shot glasses
- Silk sleep masks
- Jewelry boxes
- Custom jewelry
- Handmade soap
- Bath bombs
- Bling pens
- Lip butter
- Skin butter or lotions
1. Affordable Invitation Box
Propose to your bridesmaid with this affordable DIY box that exudes thoughtfulness and creativity at the same time.
The box can be customized with the following items.
- Golden etched decals
- Etched champagne flutes
- Personalized tags
- Flavored champagne
- Chocolate bars
- Silk hair ties
- Bath bombs
2. Chic and Fun Invitation Box
If your wedding tribe likes everything minimalistic and fun, this is the perfect DIY idea. The chic black box is customized with the name of the bridesmaids. The box is personalized with picture montages of your friend, their favourite alcohol, champagne flutes, bath bombs, and a personalized calendar with the dates of the wedding festivities.
3. Impressive Invitation Box
Personalize your invitation box by following these recommendations and customizing them by adding these items to your customized boxes.
- A puzzle proposal
- Engraved ramekins
- Tin scented candles
- Scented mini balls
- Scratch off cards
- Candy bento box
- Emergency kit
4. BOHO Inspired Invitation Box
Create a Bohemian-style invitation box that screams elegance and style. It is inspired by the French and has been an inspiration for ages.
A boho-inspired box is simple and elegant making them perfect for gifting.
- Purple finger paint
- Star bath bombs
- A sister’s connection story
- A pearl headband
- Rose wine
- Name tags
- Hand cream
- Hand sanitizer
- Engraved plates
5. Luxe Bridesmaid Invitation Box
Impress your friends by curating a luxury bridesmaid invitation box. Have a blast and add the choicest products to pamper your tribe.
- Acrylic boxes
- Engraved makeup case
- Scented candles
- Personalized cases
- Cocktail kit
- Rose petal topping
- Lip butter
- Body lotion
- A skin-nourishing hamper
6. LED Invitation Box
Channel your inner creativity by making a quirky box lined with LED lights and make everyone light up with your ideas.
- LED lights and button stickers
- Magnetic flip box
- Flower petals
- Victoria secret bra
- Brow pen
- Mini champagne bottles
- Cute proposal card
Add a Sweet Note to Show Gratitude
Above all, a bridal party proposal gift should express the excitement you feel, along with a heartfelt expression of how much you value their friendship. Let your BFFs know that you really care about them by putting a note in the box. The note should be sweet and simple. You need to mark your gratitude because your bridesmaid will be doing a lot for you in the coming weeks.