How to Choose Face Cream According to Texture
- Skin Texture: There are some fundamental differences between the texture of the skin of men and women. For that reason, the products for men are different from women. They need to get either separate products or the products available for all skin types. The texture of man's skin is rougher, and the Stratum Corneum is thicker. The composition and production of sebum in men are also different, so the products available are not the same for all.
- Collagen Density and its Reduction: There is a ratio of collagen and thickness of the skin, which makes a man look much younger than a woman of the same age. The thickness of the skin varies from location and age, but it loses collagen and becomes thinner. The density of collagen reduces as per the ageing process, but it can be slowed down with the right amount of diet, exercise, and healthy skincare products.
- Sensitivity of Skin: Sensitive skin reacts to anything, whether it is the changes in weather, stress, lack of a good diet to sleeplessness, even with skincare products. Men's skin also gets through the common problem of irritation, acne, redness, tanning, and more. That's why they need extra care and the best products suitable for those delicate facial skin.
- Hydration of the Skin: Male skin appears to be better hydrated than females, and they can take it as a blessing. Probably the lactic acid, which is the natural humectant of the skin, is responsible for tissue hydration, and this helps to keep men's skin more or less the same till an age. Still, hydration is vital from inside through the intake of water and outside with products specially designed for the hydration of men's skin.
- Skin Type and Condition: Men's skin type can be oily, acne-prone, dry, or even sensitive. Skin products also depend on the type of skin. The first thing you need to do is to be sure about your skin type and then search for products. This will help to sort out few products among many.
The Best Face Creams for Men in 2020
Man Arden Ultra Hydrating Day Face Cream - The Pioneer
Sometimes your skin might feel dehydrated and the appearance, the texture might feel different and uncomfortable. There can be various reasons for it, like a change of temperature, lack of proper skincare or ageing. If your skin is lacking the usual radiance, there is some lack of care which you need to consider. It can also be due to improper diet or hormonal imbalance. But along with solving other problems, you can use a hydrating cream for your face, which will give a plump from the layer of your skin.
The Man Arden Hydrating Face Cream for Men is a strengthening moisturising cream that is made for sensitive skin that have a lack of hydration. Men's skin is oilier and thicker and needs a cream that can penetrate easily without being greasy. It's enriched with vitamins, natural oils, and plant extracts that provide hydration, nourishment to the dehydrated skin. It soothes the sensitive skin of men that aggravates from reckless shaving mostly with its natural moisturising ingredients like avocado, soybean and almond oil, aloe vera gel, honey, and abundant natural emollient, which keeps the skin healthy. This cream supplies the skin with essential substances to enhance the texture and radiance.
It has vitamin B5 in it that preserves the skin's natural carrier. Environmental stress damages the skin, and the goodness of botanical extracts like green tea, chamomile extracts, and strawberry, which have excellent antioxidant compounds, help avoid the same. The 50 gm moisturising cream is priced at Rs. 349 on bigbasket.com.
The Man Company Daily Moisturising Cream - Shea Butter & Vitamin E 50 gm
There are various reasons why men need daily moisturising cream. It hydrates the skin, and along with that, it enhances the function of the uppermost layer of the skin known as stratum corneum. This layer is made of fat, oil, and skin cells that help to keep the skin supple and prevent it from drying out. This balance is sometimes not stable due to many things like stress or pollution. For that reason, daily moisturising is essential for young, healthy, and blemish-free skin.
The Man Company Daily Moisturising Cream has the combination of potent doses of vitamin E with intensely hydrating shea butter nourishment, which replenishes and rejuvenates the skin. It treats dry, chapped skin excellently and nourishes the skin restoring its original elasticity and smoothness. Shea butter makes skin soft and supple and gives an even skin tone; it also has anti-inflammatory properties. Vitamin E has anti-ageing properties, and it lightens the scars and hydrates the skin membrane.
You need to wash your face before using the cream, then take a pea-size amount of cream and massage gently in your face and neck. The benefit of the skin is that it treats dryness, nourishes, and restores dull skin with deep moisturising. This skincare product gives immense protection to the surface, and it's available on netmeds.com for Rs. 244 (50 gm pack).
Nivea Men Creme
Healthy skin is generally referred to as well-balanced skin, where the T-Zone (forehead, chin, and nose) may feel a bit oilier, but overall, the balance of sebum and moisture remains the same, and you will feel neither too dry nor too oily. Healthy skin has fine pores, velvety texture, a good blood circulation that gives a rosy uniform colour without any blemishes. It needs less maintenance, but it's prone to dryness. So a good face cream can keep the balance well enough.
Nivea for Men Cream is an all-rounder cream for the face, body, and hands. It has a light, non-greasy, and a non-sticky formula which is quickly absorbed into the skin. It is a perfect skincare product for men as the label describes, which hydrates and protects skin against dryness. It is suitable for winter and smoothes out skin normally. The usage is quite simple; you need to scoop product in hand, rub it and gently massage it in face and hand. The cream weighs 75 ml and costs Rs. 125 only on Flipkart.
Hydra Vegetal 24H Rich Intense Hydrating Cream For Normal to Dry Skin 50 ml
Gel creams are the hybrid version of creams which falls under the mid category of gel and lotion. It is a hydrating product that does not have a thick and oily consistency like the moisturisers, and it's not a runny, watery texture like the gel also. Gel creams are slightly slippery, translucent, and milky-coloured. They contain humectant ingredients, which means they retain water, making the skin super hydrated.
They plump, hydrate, and moisturise the skin quicker than any pure cream. Restoring the much-needed moisture will make your skin firmer, awake, and polished. Gel creams are made with antioxidants, and they can help you to achieve a younger-firmer look. The Yves Rocher Hydra Vegetal Moisturising Gel-cream will keep your skin intensely and durably moisturised. It is specially developed for normal to combination skin. Botanical Maple and Blue Agave Saps have amazing moisture capturing power, and these are two of the main ingredients of the cream. It has natural and organic ingredients, and it is free from any paraben. The price for this excellent moisturising gel cream is Rs. 950 for 50 ml, available on Myntra.
Moisturising Cream for Oily Skin - 100g
Oily skin is a challenge to manage as it is a result of overproduction of sebum from sebaceous glands. Sebum is the oily substance made of fat, and it is located under the skin's surface. Oily skin needs moisture, and men also need moisturisation as anyone else. This cream is a gel-based cream mainly made for them. A gel-based cream is better suited for oily skin.
Ustraa Moisturising cream is specially formulated for oily skinned men. This gel-based formulation helps regulate oil secretion. It has a quick absorption application and no greasy residue. It is a complete sulphate and paraben-free product. It has canola oil, which contains a good amount of antioxidant Vitamin E, which gives a soft, nourished, and youthful appearance. It also has olive oil that keeps skin healthy and plumped, rejuvenates the skin and moisturises it as well. The price of 100 gm of this moisturising lotion is Rs. 370 only, available on ustraa.com.
RUGGED & DAPPER Men's Age and Damage Defense Facial Moisturizer, 4oz
Age defence cream is specially formulated for ageing skin to provide more moisture and hydration to the skin. The age defence cream mostly has a non-greasy formula, which leaves the skin nourished and smooth. It also helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. The Rugged and Dapper skin fuel for men is a powerful facial moisturiser and soothing aftershave lotion. It is a fragrance-free formula that keeps skin hydrated while providing essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It absorbs quickly and completely, gives a matte finish without greasiness.
The potent natural ingredients provide moisture, heal, and protect, which visibly increases the appearance all year round. It has natural ingredients like aloe vera, sunflower and jojoba oil, green tea and shea butter with non-toxic ingredients. The price for 4 oz cream is Rs. 4,599. It is a fragrance, paraben, and cruelty-free vegan cream which combats dry skin with the hydraulic acid that boosts cell hydration. Available to buy on Amazon.
Shea Butter Cream
It has anti-inflammatory and healing properties with anti-ageing and some emollient properties, too which creates a smooth barrier to seal the moisture. Mc Caffeine Shea Butter Cold Cream is paraben-free and enriched with Vitamin E. The goodness of caffeine fights free radicals and evens skin tone. This shea cream is priced at Rs. 1,525 ,and it is a vegan product available on Amazon.
O3+ Exquisite Men Tea Tree Meladerm Whitening 24 Hr Cream (50ml)
Tea tree oil is exceptionally beneficial for our daily skincare and nail care usage. It is inexpensive, safe, and has healing properties. It can be found in hand sanitizers, natural deodorants, insect repellent, and also other creams. O3+ Men Tea Tree Cream is a repairing and moisturising cream enriched with Tea Tree extracts and Aloe vera. It also has vitamin C extracts, which brighten and hydrate dull skin and fades any mark from acne; it also reduces excess oil.
It nourishes and moisturises the base of your skin and fights bacteria and impurities, minimising the pores. It balances skin oil and smoothens the skin. The 50 ml pack is available on purplle.com for Rs. 536.
Things to Remember Before Buying Men's Grooming Products
- Consider the Weather: The weather condition of the area of the world where you live and your city will make a difference in what kind of cream you need to buy. If you stay in a winter country that is drier than the rest of the part, you will need heavy moisturiser based cream. Dry weather needs supple and well-hydrated skin. If you are in a tropical or hot climate, a gel-based cream will be best to buy as sweat and humidity do not prefer thick cream. It can clog pores and lead to a breakout.
- Read Labels Carefully: Reading the label of the cream can help you to make smart choices. Read and understand the ingredients which might be harmful to your skin. Make sure to check some basic facts before buying them. Check if the cream is particularly made for men or all kinds of skins, also if the product is SLS-paraben free, alcohol and cruelty-free, non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic. Lastly, don't forget to check the shelf-life of the product.
- Brand Reputation: A brand, of course, matters, but some brands make a product particular for one purpose, and they are consistently good at it or even best in that particular segment. Find out that if your cream is made from such a reputed and steady brand.
Men Should Take Their Skincare Seriously Too!
Gone are the days when you used to think that a careless face regime is the ideal masculinity. The truth is men need skincare as much as a woman. The regular process of 'CTM' routine (cleansing, toning, and moisturising) is crucial for men too. They are exposed to natural toxins and pollutants like UV rays, car exhausts, or cigarette smoke, which damages the skin rapidly. Wrinkles are the first thing that affects skin damage and are visible too. To check this problem, a good face cream is necessary for daily use.