Why You Should Use a Face Serum?
After the sudden hype about face serums in the beauty industry, are you left wondering what is so great about these serums and whether or not you should be using one? Then this article is going to put your mind at ease by answering all your queries related to face serums. First and foremost, a face serum is a water-based lightweight product that has a higher percentage of skin-boosting elements such as hyaluronic acid and Vitamin C as compared to your everyday moisturizers. Because serums are water-based, they tend to be swiftly absorbed by the skin without leaving any oily trace on the face. Out of the many beneficial effects of face serums, here are some of the top reasons why you shouldn't miss out on trying one.
- Face serums are excellent moisturizing agents.: Sometimes the skin gets dehydrated to a point where no amount of moisturizer can rectify the damage. In such cases, a serum tends to do an excellent job of hydrating the skin due to the presence of hyaluronic acid in it.
- Face serums reverse skin aging: Face serums have Vitamin C in them which happens to be an important factor in the process of skin formation. The base layer of the skin is made up of collagen which gets degraded eventually resulting in the aging of the skin. Vitamin C boosts collagen production resulting in you having young and supple skin.
- Face serums brighten dark spots and dullness: It is observed that people who used face serums regularly have found a significant reduction in dark spots and dullness. This is because face serums result in increased turnover of skin cells thus eliminating the dead cells from the skin more quickly.
- Face serums reduce breakouts: Face serums that have retinol and benzoyl peroxide in them are aimed specifically at people with acne-prone skin. This is because these active ingredients prevent acne by Inhibiting bacterial growth and oil production by the skin.
- Face serums are gentle exfoliators: Face serums have salicylic acid, AHA, and BHA in them which act on the skin to mildly exfoliate the dead cells without being too harsh on the face. This is extremely important as the skin on your face is much more sensitive than the rest of the body.
How to Use a Face Serum?
Since people have found out about the goodness of face serums, the question that seems to be arising in everyone's mind is how to use this product to obtain maximum benefits from it. This article is sure to clear all your doubts about the usage of face serums.
- When should one apply face serum? Most of the face serums available in the market recommended a dosage of twice a day. Once in the morning after washing the face but before applying makeup and once in the night after you cleanse your face and are ready to sleep.
- How to apply face serum? First and foremost, one should cleanse their face with a gentle face wash before applying any serum or else the dust and dirt particles interfere with the action of serums thus reducing their effectiveness. Once your face is cleansed, add a drop of serum to one part of your face and gently tap your skin in a small circular motion using your fingertips. Do the same for the rest of the face like cheeks, forehead, chin, nose, etc. Depending on the consistency of the serum, you might require 2-4 drops of serum.
- When can one expect to start seeing results of face serums? Although face serums are deemed as the magic potions of the beauty industry, their magic takes at least a minimum of 1-2 weeks of regular usage.
What Active Ingredients You Should Look for in Your Face Serum?
Is there any sense in giving a thirsty person lots and lots of food instead of water? Similarly, serums contain a lot of active ingredients to make your skin healthy but if you do not choose the right ingredients, then you are denying the basic needs of your skin. Here are some active ingredients that you shouldn't miss out on if you have this skin type.
- For acne-prone skin: If you have acne-prone skin, then the active ingredients you are looking for are retinol, Vit C and niacinamide.
- For dry skin: Hyaluronic acid does wonders for dry skin by bringing moisture into the skin cells and locking it inside.
- For aging skin: Vitamin C is an important cofactor required for the production of collagen in the skin. Collagen defines the elasticity of your skin, if collagen is reduced, then the elasticity of the skin also is reduced resulting in wrinkles and fine lines.
- For uneven skin: Vitamin B3 or also known as niacinamide brings significant improvement to dark spots and hyperpigmentation. Other active ingredients that also help with fighting uneven skin are vitamin B5 and vitamin C.
30 Best Face Serum for Dry Skin
1. WOW Skin Science Vitamin C Face Serum
If you are a newbie in the world of face serums and do not know what serum will suit your skin type, a good choice to start with is a serum with vitamin C as an active ingredient. The WOW Skin Science Vitamin C Face serum suits all skin types and brightens your skin. It also revives aging skin by improving collagen production. Vitamin C is the holy grail when it comes to skin health and you shouldn't miss out on trying it out. You can get this serum on Nykaa for the price of Rs.549.
2. St.Botanica Vitamin C 20% + Vitamin E & Hyaluronic Acid Facial Serum
When it comes to the powerhouse of serums, St.Botanica Face Serum makes it to the top of the list as it is loaded with the goodness of vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin E. Each of these ingredients works wonders when it comes to the skin but a mixture of all 3 of them produces a superpower. This serum not only rejuvenates the skin, but it provides intense hydration, anti-inflammatory action as well as antioxidant action. You can get your hands on this serum on Nykaa for Rs.594.
3. Lakme Absolute Argan Oil Radiance Face Overnight Oil in Serum with Moroccan Argan Oil
Argan oil is also known as liquid gold because of its benefits on the skin and hair. That is why Lakme Absolute brings you the Argan Oil Radiance Face Overnight Oil Serum which is infused with Moroccan Argan Oil in it. Argan oil is known to have antioxidant, antibacterial as well as antifungal activity and thus shows excellent results on acne-prone skin types. This serum is lightweight and non-greasy which leaves you with a beautiful glow in the morning. This serum is available for Rs.799 on Nykaa.
4. Plum Bright Years Cell Renewal Serum
Since time immemorial, many of the ingredients in our skincare come from extracts obtained from plants. Following this tradition, Plum presents you the Bright Years Cell Renewal Serum which has plant extracts along with hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, argan oil, and many more. This serum is bound to make your skin both look and feel more alive with its ultra-hydration anti-aging and antioxidant actions. You can happily say goodbye to your wrinkles with this wonderful serum in your hands. Don't miss out on this serum which you can get for Rs.1,181 on Amazon.
5. Olay Total Effects Serum
Are you looking for a serum that also has the benefits of sunscreen so that it becomes the perfect day cream? Then look no further, because the Olay Total Effects 7 in One Day Cream is here to save the day. Infused with the richness of hyaluronic acid, vitamins C, E, B3, and B5, this serum hydrates the skin and fights the 7 signs of aging. It also smoothens the skin and reduces unevenness by eliminating dark spots and hyperpigmentation. This serum can be acquired on Nykaa for the price of Rs.854.
6. The Derma Co 10% Vitamin C Face Serum
The Derma Co 10% vitamin C Face serum for skin radiance is one that customers swear by. One of the most popular serums out there, it has the benefits of vitamin C and niacinamide in it. Once you start using it, visible results can be seen within 1 month with a significant reduction in dark spots and wrinkles. This serum has vitamin C which happens to be the antidote to cure skin damage and aging by promoting collagen production. Beautiful and radiant skin can be achieved with this serum for Rs.597 on Nykaa.
7. Good Vibes Rose Hip Radiant Glow Face Serum
Are you looking for a serum that is pocket-friendly yet amazing for your face? Then the Good Vibes Rose Hip Radiant Glow Face serum is the one for you. It contains active ingredients such as rosehip oil, almond oil, sesame oil, jojoba oil, vitamin e, and many more. It stimulates collagen production that stops and even reverses the signs of aging. It also provides vitamin A which results in dark spot reduction. You can get this serum for Rs.238 on Amazon.
8. Biotique Dandelion Youth Anti- Ageing Serum
The Biotique Dandelion Youth Anti-ageing Serum gives you the timeless youth of a dandelion flower. It is a lightweight, non-greasy serum that is suitable for all skin types. It has dandelion extracts that contain antioxidants that eliminate the free radicals in the skin that are responsible for skin damage and aging. This serum also contains vitamins that nourish and promote the production of new skin cells. Brighter and youthful-looking skin is visible within 2-4 weeks of regular use. This serum is available for Rs. 185 on Amazon.
9. Bella Vita Organic Kumkumadi Face Glow Oil
Are you troubled by dry and flaky skin that does not remain moisturized no matter how many times you apply your regular moisturizer? Then this serum is about to change your skincare routine. The Bella Vita Organic Kumkumadi Face Glow Oil has soothing and hydrating ingredients such as sandalwood, saffron, turmeric, sesame oil, and so on. The formula of this serum is just that it repairs and nourishes the skin on the inside so that you get radiant and rejuvenated skin on the outside. You can get this serum for Rs.497 on Amazon.
10. Recast Hyaluronic Acid Serum
The Recast Hyaluronic Acid Serum is one of the best serums to go to if you have dry skin. That is because hyaluronic acid is a humectant that acts by penetrating deep into the layers of the skin and locking moisture into them. This serum is multifunctional as it performs other functions such as reduction in dark spots, wrinkles, and scars. This serum is the key to unlocking plumper, smoother and softer skin. This serum is available for Rs.351 on Amazon.
11. Lakme Absolute Perfect Radiance Skin Brightening Serum
LAKME Absolute Perfect Radiance Skin Brightening Face comes with a tri-vitamin complex and 98% pure niacinamide which gives this serum its superpower. It also contains the additional goodness of diamond powder which gives the skin radiance along with witch hazel which prevents skin damage due to its antioxidant action. Another ingredient in it is vita-resorcinol which prevents hyperpigmentation and dark spots. The serum penetrates 15 layers of skin to deeply moisturize and nourish the skin. You can get this serum on Amazon for Rs.449.
12. MCaffeine Vitamin C Green Tea Face Serum
Are you also a fan of the rejuvenated and refreshed feeling that one gets after a steaming cup of green tea? MCaffeine has captured this effect of green tea in a bottle of serum known as the Vitamin C Green Tea Face Serum. It contains the goodness of green tea extracts, vitamin C, and hyaluronic acid which provides intense hydration and antioxidant action. It also boosts the production of new skin cells thus leaving you with glowing skin. You can get this serum for Rs.595 on Nykaa.
13. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Emulsion
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Emulsion Face Moisturizer indeed provides a boost to your skin by providing deep hydration. It is a lightweight, gel-like serum that is non-irritant and suits all skin types. This serum has a formula that has a ten times higher concentration of hyaluronic acid that provides hydration for 72 hours. It is also loaded with prebiotics that in turn induce the skin to produce natural hyaluronic acid. The moisturizing action of this serum is also fortified by trehalose. This serum is available on Nykaa for Rs.1,150
14. Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate
The Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate is a serum that justifies the tag of being supercharged as it is loaded with encapsulated antioxidants that get absorbed instantly. This serum is allergy-tested, fragrant-free, and water-gel-like. When you apply this serum, it is like getting an instant hit of hydration to your face. This serum employs the Liquid-Sphere technology that restores the moisture reserves of the skin for 24 hours. You can get this serum for Rs.3,300 on Nykaa.
15. Pond's Bright Beauty Spotless Glow Serum
The Ponds Spotless Glow Serum also doubles as a sunscreen as it has SPF 50 and PA+++. It contains Gluta-Boost C, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin B3 which are bound to leave you with brighter and spotless skin. Each of the active ingredients targets specific issues such as niacinamide aims to eliminate dullness, Gluta-Boost C helps make the skin smoother whereas hyaluronic acid provides moisture. You can add Bright Beauty Daycare to your skincare regime along with this serum to achieve that spotless glow. This serum is available for Rs.341 on Amazon.
16. Vedix Customized Skin Care Kit for Dry skin
The Vedix Customized Skin Care Kit provides specifically curated kits for dry, sensitive, oily, and normal skin types. One product that happens to stand out in their kit is the Vedix Face serum. This serum contains the goodness of onion, bakuchi, and lodhra all of which are rich in vitamins and antioxidants. With time, one can notice a significant improvement in dark spots and pigmentation thus resulting in glowing skin. You can get this serum along with the skin care kit for Rs.1,099 on Purplle.
17.Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum
Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum is highly loved by customers who claim that they saw visible results after using it. The active ingredients of this serum include green tea, tri-biotics, and hyaluronic acid which act together to provide hydration to your skin. It also evens out the texture and pigmentation of the skin resulting in smooth and glowing skin. For the price of Rs.2,100, you can get this serum on Purplle.
18. Skin Kraft Moderate Customized Skincare Kit for Dry Skin
The Skin Kraft Dark Patches Skin Care kit for Dry Skin contains a Dry Skin Cleanser, a Dry Skin Moisturizer, and a Dark Patches Active Serum. The Active Serum in it contains vitamin C, niacinamide, and Kojic Dipalmitate which act specifically to treat dark spots and hyperpigmentation. They do so by inhibiting melanin production, reducing dark spots, and soothing the skin. It also stimulates the production of new skin cells thus fighting the signs of aging. You can get this serum along with the entire skincare kit for Rs.1,348 on Purplle.
19. Colorbar Cosmetics Skin Shield Serum Oil
The ColorBar Cosmetics Skin Shield Serum Oil has a patented formula named Carotolino which is a combination of Beta carotene, carrot root extract, and carrot seed oil. With its blue light protection action, it protects the skin from damage thus leaving you with glowing and beautiful skin. This serum is 100% vegan, cruelty-free, catered to both men and women, and suitable for all skin types. You can get your hands on this serum for Rs.385 on Purplle.
20. The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
Do you want a no-nonsense serum that is aimed fully at resolving dry skin issues? Then this hyaluronic serum by Ordinary is the one that is going to change your life. This serum is infused with molecules of hyaluronic acid of different sizes which promote instant absorption into the skin. It is a water-based serum that is vegan, cruelty-free, and suitable for all skin types. It also contains vitamin B5 which enhances the action of hyaluronic acid by sealing the moisture inside the skin. It is available for Rs.700 on Nykaa.
21. O3+ Age Lock Vitamin C Booster Serum
O3+ Age Lock Vitamin C Booster Serum indeed looks your age into timeless youth. The formula of this serum contains a blend of pure vitamin C along with flower and aloe extracts. It is no secret that vitamin C does wonders for your skin whereas aloe vera has the power to reduce dark spots and blemishes. Many of the customers swear that this serum resulted in healthier and smoother skin. This serum is available for the price of Rs.699 on Nykaa.
22. Minimalist 2% Hyaluronic Acid + PGA Face Serum
Minimalist is a brand that requires no introduction to the world of skincare. Hence the hyaluronic acid serum by Minimalist does not need certification to prove its effectiveness. This serum is dermatologically tested, with a pH of 6-7, and is free of silicones, fragrance, and sulfates. It contains 26% hyaluronic acid which is 10 times more than what is available in most of the serums in the market. This ensures that the hydration of your skin reaches all the deeper layers and is long-lasting. This serum is available for Rs.599 on Nykaa.
23. Just herbs Amla Vitamin C Face Serum
Are you looking for a solution that removes the dark spots on your face to give you a glowing, youthful appearance? The Just Herbs Amla Vitamin C Face serum has amla extract in it which is known as one of the richest sources of vitamin C in nature. The production of collagen which is an essential component in the skin architecture requires vitamin C as a cofactor. The higher the collagen production, the better the health and quality of the skin. You can get this serum for Rs.555 on Amazon.
24. Dot & Key Water Drench Hydrating Hyaluronic Serum
The Dot & Key Water Drench Hydrating Hyaluronic Serum is one of the most in-demand serums in the market currently. The reasons behind its success are multiple, but the most important has to be the intense hydration provided by it which gives your skin a dewy and plump appearance. Other active ingredients include a blend of ceramides, Bulgarian rose, and acai berry. Ceramides improve the lipid layer of skin cells which is responsible for its protection. This serum is available for Rs.405 on Amazon.
25. Charmis Deep Radiance Face Serum
The Charmis Deep Radiance Face Serum is one of the most loved serums as it is both pocket-friendly as well as does wonders on your skin. Its formulation contains vitamin C which penetrates 15 layers deep into the skin to provide nourishment from within. Salicylic acid and hyaluronic acid and also present in them which are responsible for gentle exfoliation and hydration of your skin. You can get this serum for Rs.186 on Amazon.
26. The Man Company Vitamin C Face Serum
Are you looking for a serum that meets the requirements of men's skincare? Then The Man Company Vitamin C serum is one that you do not want to let go of. This serum has vitamin C and hyaluronic acid in higher concentrations to meet the extra demands of men's skin. It is a cruelty-free, sulfate-free, vegan serum that is suitable for all skin types. The serum works even better when paired with a cleanser of the same name. You can get this serum for the price of Rs.342 on Amazon.
27. Dermafique - Hydratonique Gel Crème
Dermafique hydratonique Gel Creme brings you the goodness of the ocean in a bottle. This is because it contains seaweed extracts along with vitamin E both of which are proven to hydrate the skin. It is a non-greasy, non-sweaty, fast-absorbing lightweight serum that is ideally suited for dry skin. This serum locks in moisture by reducing transepidermal water loss. It is available for the price of Rs.675 on Amazon.
28. Swiss Beauty VIT-C Serum
The Swiss Beauty Vitamin C serum is what you get when you try to contain the goodness of vitamin C in a bottle. Are you wondering what is so great about vitamin C? It happens to play a vital role in the production of a skin protein known as collagen. Collagen forms the basic structure of the skin and thus any damage to it directly affects the skin as well. It also moisturizes and evens out uneven skin tone. You can avail this serum for Rs.355 on Purplle.
29. Nykaa Naturals Skin Potion Dull & Dry Skincare Face Oil
Nykaa Naturals Hydrating Skin Potion Face Oil is a serum that is going to make everyone around you ask the reason behind the radiance and shine in your skin. It is a lightweight serum that is 100% natural, and paraben-free with no fragrance. Nykaa also provides a facial roller that helps better absorption of the oils into the skin. You will see the magical results of this serum within 1 week of usage. You can get this serum for Rs. 699 on Nykaa.
30. Keya Seth Aromatherapy Skin Damage Control Cream + Serum
Keya Seth Aromatherapy Skin Damage Control Damage Serum is a serum that you do not want to miss out on if you are a sucker for natural serums. Its formula encompasses the goodness of nature as it has jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, papaya extract, frankincense essential oil, and many more. It is an aromatic serum with hypoallergenic properties that are ideally suited for night use. All the active ingredients are loaded with tons of vitamins and antioxidants that are bound to leave your skin healthy and radiant. It is available for Rs.150 on Nykaa.
When choosing a face serum, it's important to understand that there are different types of serums and specific ingredients to consider based on your skin type. It is essential to know How do you decide? It's very simple. Notice how your pores and skin feel when you wake up.