7 Skincare Tips for Glowing Skin
- An extensive cleansing routine How often and how properly you cleanse your skin is one of the most important factors to consider regarding skincare. Every day, we face the world with our bare faces, absorbing pollutants in the skin's many layers. As a result, cleansing our faces on a daily basis to remove such impurities is crucial.
- Regular Moisturizing What exactly do you think happens when you moisturize your skin? You create a barrier between your skin and the outside world that the microorganisms cannot penetrate easily. Thus, this results in a drastic drop in the number of skin infections that occurs on your face leading to acne and pimples.
- Use products with active ingredients Skincare products with active components like vitamin C or salicylic acid are well-known for their ability to brighten the skin. Vitamin C is known for promoting collagen synthesis, which keeps your facial skin tight and elastic. Salicyclic acid promotes pore exfoliation, leaving your skin smooth and radiant.
- Homemade Masks You will never know the wonders a homemade lemon-honey mask can perform unless you yourself try it once. Lemon is known to have antioxidant properties whereas honey moisturizes your face to balance the drying effect caused by lemon. You can make any type of face mask based on the requirements of your skin. If you want to remove tan, another excellent mask if the potato-tomato juice face mask. Whereas if you are looking to make your skin smooth and glowing, a turmeric besan face mask will never let you down.
- Purify from inside No matter the number of quality products you use on your face, their results won't last for a long time unless you change your eating habits and monitor what you intake. Eating foods that are rich sources of antioxidants and minerals is going to treat your skin from the inside where the main problem lies. Also, it is very crucial to hydrate yourself regularly by drinking ample water.
- Exercise No one can deny the benefits of exercise when it comes to how it affects your body and metabolism. But very few people know the beneficial effects of exercise on your skin. Exercise actually causes angiogenesis which is the formation of new blood vessels to meet the increasing demands of blood to the different parts of the body. As a result of this, there are more blood vessels supplying to the skin thus it is able to receive more nourishment. Overall, exercise works like a miracle to manage dull and tired-looking skin.
- Sleep Every part of your body recovers and rejuvenates itself when you are sleeping. Therefore the amount of sleep you are getting is directly proportional to the amount of repair and rejuvenation your body is getting. Hence the name beauty sleep is given aptly. So, you should try your best to get at least 6-8 hours of beauty sleep.
5 Ingredients that are a Must in Your Facewash
- Salicylic acid Salicylic acid comes under the category of beta-hydroxy acid (BHA) and is known for its exfoliation action. This acid is able to penetrate the top layers of skin and gently remove the dirt and dead cells which will clog the pores if left unattended. It also has oil removal action thus helping with acne breakout.
- Vitamin C Vitamin C is a must-have ingredient in your skincare products as the number of beneficial effects of this vitamin are countless. Vitamin C promotes collagen synthesis which is responsible for preventing wrinkles and premature aging of the skin. Vitamin C also inhibits the enzyme responsible for producing pigmentation thus helping with skin brightening.
- Benzoyl peroxide Benzoyl peroxide is a mild antibacterial that is able to kill acne-causing bacteria but does not cause any harm to our own skin cells. You need to definitely look for benzoyl peroxide in your face cleanser if you are troubled with excessive acne breakout.
- Glycolic acid Glycolic acid aids in skin exfoliation by dissolving the bonds between dead cells, allowing them to be readily rinsed away. This reveals new, fresh layers of skin cells, giving your face a radiance.
- Turmeric Turmeric is a rich source of antioxidants that helps with hyperpigmentation and environmental damage. It also has antiseptic properties which inhibit skin infections thus preventing acne and pimples. And as an additional benefit, you also get a natural golden glow.
5 Ingredients that You Should Avoid in Your Facewash
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Sodium lauryl sulphate is used in face washes as well as detergents to create a good amount of foam. The reason why you shouldn't have sodium lauryl sulphate in your skincare products is that they are too harsh on the skin and strip your face of all your natural oils.
- Parabens Parabens include a wide range of chemicals that are used in skincare products to increase their shelf life and because of their antimicrobial properties. The reason why parabens shouldn't be in your skincare products is that they disturb sperm production in males resulting in infertility.
- Phthalates Phthalates are chemicals belonging to the PVC family that increase the durability of plastic products. They are usually used in skincare products, perfumes, and many more. But they have some negative effects on the reproductive abilities and development of a person. They can also damage the liver, kidney, lungs, etc.
- Fragrance Although the smell in your everyday cosmetics like lotions and facewashes captivates you, the number of adverse effects of aromatic compounds should make you reconsider. Fragrance can cause respiratory problems like asthma and allergies, as well as cancer if used for a long time.
- Alcohols Alcohol is used in almost all cosmetic products because it acts as a great solvent for chemicals in the product to dissolve in the skin. But in this process, alcohol manages to erode the layers of the skin thus resulting in more damage to your skin.
30 Foaming Facewash for a Healthy Glowing Skin
Acne prone skin type:
1. Pore Cleansing Facewash by Nua Woman
Nua Woman Pore Cleansing Face Wash is a pH-balanced face wash that helps prevent acne. It contains salicylic acid, which has been shown to aid with sebum production. It comprises glycolic acid, which promotes skin exfoliation by eliminating dead skin cells. It also includes hyaluronic acid, which hydrates your skin and makes it soft and supple. To avoid being harsh on your skin, the face wash is manufactured using soap-free components. It costs Rs.329.
2.MCaffeine Cappuccino Coffee Foaming Face Wash - Kills 99.9% Acne Causing Germs with Vitamin E
Cappuccino with Caffeine Coffee Foaming Skin Wash claims to remove 99.9% of the bacteria on your face that is responsible for acne recurrence. The face wash contains coffee and caffeine, which are high in antioxidants and leave your skin looking relaxed and even-toned. It also contains vitamin E, which aids in the treatment of acne and inflammation. Cinnamon is another active ingredient that aids in the healing of acne and the control of excessive sebum production. It has a divine scent that will leave you feeling energetic and rejuvenated. It costs Rs.199 and is available on the Nykaa Website.
3. Himalaya Foaming Neem Face Wash
The goodness of nature in the form of neem extract and turmeric in Himalaya Foaming Neem Face Wash will make your acne disappear like magic. Neem has antimicrobial properties, which reduce the number of skin infections caused by bacteria and germs, thus reducing the occurrence of acne and pimples. Turmeric has antibacterial properties and gives your skin a golden glow. It also possesses anti-inflammatory qualities, which aid in the prevention of wrinkles by keeping skin elasticity. It comes in a pump package, which makes it easier to use the product. This face wash can be purchased for Rs.197 on Nykaa.
4.Be Bodywise Oil Control Foaming Wash for Acne
Be Bodywise Oil Control Foaming Facewash indeed does wonders for acne-prone skin types. Because of its unique formulation is suitable for all skin types, including oily, normal, dry, and sensitive skin. It contains 1% Salicyclic acid, which aids in sebum production, and 1% Glycolic acid, which aids in exfoliation and pore cleansing. This facewash is specially curated for the goodness of your skin as it does not have any fragrance, parabens, sulphates, alcohols, or essential oils that can damage your skin. It comes in a stylish package with a pump handle to ensure minimum product wastage. It is available on Nykaa for Rs. 349
5.Clindac A Foaming Face Wash
Clindac A Foaming Face Wash is a holy grail for treating acne and dry skin. It is a type of lincosamide antibiotic that helps with acne by treating bacterial infections of the skin. It contains the drug Clindamycin which is very effective against bacteria that cause acne as it has a bacteriostatic effect (i.e. it prevents bacterial growth). The facewash also removes dead skin cells and keratin resulting in softer skin. It also helps moisturize the skin with aloe vera in its formulation. This facewash is available at Apollo Pharmacy for the price of Rs.363.
6. Foam Face Wash Treats Acne, Regulates Oil Production
The Saturn foam face wash is formulated specifically to treat acne and regulate oil production as it contains many active ingredients such as tea tree oil and other essential oils. It also contains niacinamide, which relieves skin irritation and redness, as well as aloe vera extract and rose oil, which protect the skin from sun damage and enhance blood circulation. Orange peel and lemon extract aid collagen synthesis, resulting in wrinkle-free, tight skin. This facewash can be purchased for Rs.399 on the Saturn Website.
7.Cipla Saslic Foaming Face Wash with Vitamin E
Cipla Saslic Foaming Face Wash contains salicylic acid, which is responsible for the regeneration of new skin cells to replace the old and dead cells that dull the appearance of your face. It specializes in acne therapy and prevention, as well as pore unclogging. It also reduces the appearance of the lesions left by acne. Although this face wash does not have any effect on sebum production. It is appropriate for both oily and normal skin types. It costs Rs.378 and is accessible on the Apollo Pharmacy Website.
8.Abbott Tvaksh Face Care Gentle Face Wash
For people who wish to get rid of their acne problems, Abbott Tvaksh Face Care Gentle Face Wash works wonders. This face cleanser contains neem oil extract, which has antibacterial properties and can assist with acne-causing skin problems. It also contains turmeric and niacinamide, which have anti-inflammatory qualities that aid in wrinkle reduction and skin smoothing. Other active substances include licorice extract, monolaurin, and many others. It costs Rs.295 and is accessible on the Net Meds Website.
9. The Man Company Green Tea Foaming Face Wash with Aloe Vera & Neem
Green Tea Foaming Face Wash by The Man Company is designed to detoxify your skin by removing excess oil and dirt that causes acne. It includes a built-in deep exfoliation face brush that will efficiently exfoliate your face and remove all of your skin's dead cells. It's a natural face wash made up of 95% natural extracts including green tea, which is high in minerals and antioxidants. Aloe vera extract is included to hydrate the skin and minimize redness. It costs Rs. 348 and is available on Amazon.
Skin Brightening Face Washes
10.The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Foaming Cleanser
Rice water has been used cosmetically by our forefathers for centuries, and The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Foaming Cleanser is a face wash that contains the virtues of rice water. Rice water is a natural cleansing agent that softly envelops your skin, making it appear fresher and brighter. It contains antioxidants like vitamins A, B, and E, which make your skin look younger and more hydrated. It has a rich creamy texture that gently cleanses your skin without irritating it. It costs Rs 690 on Nykaa, which is a touch on the expensive side, but once you see the effects, you'll agree that it's worth it.
11. Mamaearth Vitamin C Foaming Face Wash with Vitamin C & Turmeric
After just one wash, Mamaearth Vitamin C Foaming Face Wash with Vitamin C and Turmeric will leave your face radiant and clear. Every time you wash your face with this face wash, you're soaking your skin in the goodness of Vitamin C and turmeric. Vitamin C is believed to promote the synthesis of collagen, which keeps the skin tight and elastic. Turmeric, on the other hand, is considered one of nature's most powerful antioxidants, capable of removing any acne-causing agents from your skin. This face wash can be purchased for Rs. 371 on Nykaa.
12. Mamaearth Ubtan Foaming Face Wash with Brush with Turmeric & Saffron For Tan Removal
Mamaearth Ubtan Foaming Face Wash With Brush With Turmeric & Saffron For Tan Removal is a miracle worker for sun-damaged or tanned skin. After being exposed to the sun outside, the key to an effective anti-tan cleansing is to wash your face as soon as you enter your home. It contains turmeric, which has long been known for its antioxidant effects, rendering it beneficial to the skin. The saffron in the face wash also ensures that your skin is lightened. Nykaa is selling it for Rs. 371.
13.WOW Skin Science Foaming Ubtan Face Wash for Suitable All Skin Types
WOW Skin Science Foaming Ubtan Face Wash For All Skin Types has been designed to extract every ounce of tan from your skin. This face cleanser includes a built-in deep cleansing face brush with delicate silicone bristles that will completely cleanse your face. It's also great for people with uneven skin tones. Tumeric, saffron, rose water, and sandalwood is among the active ingredients in this face wash, all of which are known to restore the skin and give it a natural glow. It is available for Rs.339 on Nykaa.
14.Olay Face Wash: Luminous Brightening Foaming Cleanser, 100 g
Olay Face Wash Luminous Brightening Foaming Cleanser is a supercharged face wash that removes the dullness and dark spots from your face. This cleanser is suitable for oily, combination, and dry skin. It should be applied at least twice a day to achieve effective results that leave your skin radiant. After each wash, moisturize your skin with a good lotion. This product is available for Rs. 314 on Amazon.
15. Plum Vitamin C Foaming Face Wash with Mandarin
Plum Vitamin C Foaming Face Wash with Mandarin is a face wash that will leave your skin looking fresh and radiant. Its gentle thorough washing action works wonders for hyperpigmented and dull skin. This face cleanser is sulphate-free, vegan, and suitable for all skin types. Japanese Mandarin, which helps with uneven skin tone, and Kakadu plum, which is one of the best sources of vitamin C and encourages collagen formation, are both active components in this face wash. The Plum vitamin C foamy face wash costs Rs. 356 on Amazon.
16. Buds & Berries Rice Water Foaming Facewash for Moisturising
Buds & Berries Rice Water Foaming Facewash is packed with antioxidants from rice water extract to keep your skin looking healthy and youthful. Rice water also contains proteins that aid in the development of new skin cells, allowing the old and dead skin layers that have accumulated on top of your skin to be flaked away. This face wash is free of parabens and sulphates, and it has a soft formula that is gentle on your skin. It is suitable for all skin types irrespective of gender. This face wash is available on Amazon for Rs 188.
17.Good Vibes Vitamin C Glow Foaming Face Wash With Deep Cleansing Brush, 150 ml
Vitamin C Glow Foaming Face Wash by Good Vibes is a brightening face wash that hydrates and refreshes your skin. It comes with a deep washing brush to ensure that the exfoliating procedure is as effective as possible. Vitamin C, which is known to enhance collagen synthesis and help to keep the skin looking young and fair, is abundant in this face wash. It also helps to remove dark spots and uneven skin tone, giving the face an instant glow. This face wash is priced at Rs. 259 on Amazon.
18. ZM Zayn and Myza Vitamin C Foaming Facewash
Zayn & Myza (ZM) Vitamin C Foaming Face Wash is a face cleanser that contains key ingredients like ascorbic acid and vitamin A to give your skin a flawless complexion. Ascorbic acid aids in skin lightening by promoting new skin cell renewal and collagen formation. The face cleanser contains Vitamin A, which brightens your skin and protects it from the sun. There are no parabens, sulphates, chemicals, or skin irritants in this face wash. It is available for Rs 239 on health & glow.
19. Bioderma Sensibio Gel Moussant Soothing Foaming Soap Free Gel Moisturises Face & Eyes
Bioderma Sensibio Gel Moussant Soothing Foaming Soap is a face cleanser that utilizes micelle production technology to provide mild and gentle washing. All of the key ingredients in this face wash form the DAF complex, which works together to purify and hydrate the skin. The face wash has a pH that is suitable for your skin type and contains no fragrance or soap. This gel-based foaming face wash works wonders for sensitive skin types. It is available for Rs 404 on Nykaa.
20.Lafz Caffeine Foaming Face Wash with Built-In Face Brush
Lafz Caffeine Foaming Face Wash is a gentle cleanser that contains Arabica coffee, aloe vera, and basil, all of which are antioxidant-rich. The active chemicals in this face wash help in the elimination of free radicals, which harm your skin cells and make your face appear dull and aging. The face wash has an integrated face brush that gently exfoliates your skin and unclogs all of your pores. It is available for Rs 254 on Amazon.
For All Skin Types:
21. Biotique Bio Honey Gel Refreshing Foaming Face Wash - Pack Of 2
Biotique Bio Honey Gel Refreshing Foaming Face Wash is available in a fantastic two-for-one deal. Biotique is known for incorporating ayurvedic principles into its skincare to provide us with the finest possible results. This Bio Honey Gel face cleanser has been designed to moisturize and suit all skin types. This face wash is made with Arjun tree bark, Euphorbia plant, and turmeric to moisturize and cleanse your skin simultaneously. Nykaa charges Rs 113 for this product.
22.Cetaphil Gentle Foaming Cleanser
Cetaphil Gentle Foaming Cleanser is a face wash that covers your face in a frothy envelope to remove all debris and dead skin cells. This face cleanser contains vitamins and conditioners to cleanse the skin without leaving it dry or dull. Cetaphil is a soap-free, irritant-free face cleanser that is excellent for all skin types, including sensitive skin. Coconut extract, glycerin, vitamin E, B5, and other key ingredients make up this incredible cleanser. It is available for Rs 855 on Nykaa.
23.The Derma Co. 3% AHA-BHA Foaming Daily Face Wash
Derma Co. 3 percent AHA-BHA Foaming Daily Face Wash is an excellent acne and blemish solution. Salicyclic acid, which clears pores from within, glycolic acid, which eliminates dead skin cells to uncover new ones beneath, and mandelic acid, which encourages gentle exfoliation, are the active components in this face wash. This face cleanser is appropriate for all skin types, including normal and oily. This face wash is available for Rs 314 on Nykaa.
24.Dermafique - pH Restore Cleansing Mousse, 150 ml - for All Skin Types
Dermafique pH Restore Cleansing Mousse is a gentle foaming face wash that gently removes debris and dust without disrupting your skin's natural balance. It is based on skin smart micelle formation technology. It works for all skin types, including normal, dry, oily, and mixed skin. This face cleanser has been tested on Indian skin and is soap, paraben, and alcohol-free. It is priced at Rs 494 on Amazon.
For Oily Skin Type:
25.Neutrogena Deep Clean Foaming Cleanser
Neutrogena Deep Clean Foaming Cleanser is 99 percent effective at eliminating all micropollutants that have accumulated deep inside your skin's layers. Increased pollution has resulted in dull and dry skin, as well as pigmentation and premature aging, all of which can be treated with this one-of-a-kind face wash. A moisture-balancing formula for this cleanser includes glycerin and beeswax. The Neutrogena cleanser is priced at Rs 140 on Nykaa.
26.Bioderma Sebium Gel Moussant Purifying Cleansing Foaming Gel Combination/Oily Skin
Moussant Purifying Cleansing Bioderma Sebium Gel Foaming Gel was created with oily skin in mind. This gel foamy face wash is very effective at reducing sebum production and consequently acne outbreaks. As a result of the action of this face cleanser, your pores will not become clogged. The Bioderma Sebium gel is a fragrance-free, non-drying, and non-comedogenic solution. Nykaa is selling this facewash for Rs. 395.
27.Pilgrim 1.5% Salicylic(BHA) & 2% Glycolic Acid(AHA) Foaming Face Wash for Oily & Acne-Prone Ski
Pilgrim Foaming Face Wash for Oily & Acne-Prone Skin contains 1.5 percent salicylic acid (BHA) and 2% glycolic acid (AHA). Prone Skin is a Korean skincare line that will leave your skin looking smooth and radiant. It contains Salicylic acid, which exfoliates your pores and aids in the removal of persistent blackheads and whiteheads. It contains glycolic acid, which helps to fade blemishes and brighten the skin in general. It also contains Nutmeg, which aids acne breakouts by regulating oil production. It is available for Rs 338 on Amazon.
28.Minimalist 2% Salicylic Acid Face Wash for Oily Skin
Minimalist 2% Salicylic Acid Face Wash is an anti-acne cleanser designed for oily skin types in both men and women. It has salicyclic acid in it, which helps to regulate sebum production and acne. This face wash is free of sulphates, parabens, silicones, and is non-drying and unscented, ensuring that only high-purity chemicals come into contact with your skin. It also hydrates your face thanks to the vitamin B5 in its recipe. It is available for Rs 284 on Amazon.
For Dry and Sensitive Skin:
29.WOW Skin Science Hyaluronic Acid Foaming Face Wash - Facial wash for Dry Skin & Intense Face Cleansing
WOW Skin Science Hyaluronic Acid Foaming Face Wash is created with moisturizing elements to solve the issues that dry and sensitive skin suffers from. Hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, and vitamin B5 are all recognised to be hydrating agents that leave your face feeling soft and supple. The fact that WOW skin science products are free of harsh sulphates, silicones, and parabens is one of the reasons for their popularity. It is available for Rs. 299 on Amazon.
30. Simple Kind to Skin Refreshing Facial Wash
Simple Kind To Skin Refreshing Facial Wash Facewash is made with triple purified water enriched with Vitamin B and E to treat dry and sensitive skin. It is a mild face wash that will effectively remove all dirt and makeup from your face in one wash. It is a gel-based cleanser hence it is very hydrating to your skin. It is a non-harsh facewash that does not contain more than 2000 chemicals that are harmful to your face. It is available on Amazon for Rs 346
You can use a foaming cleanser either morning or night. To use a foaming cleanser, you need to apply a dollop into the palm of your clean hands and add water. Lather together and apply to your face, massaging in upward circles, covering all areas of your face. The longer you can do this the better, but if in a rush, twenty to thirty seconds will be fine. Once you’re finished massaging the cleanser into your facial skin, rinse away with warm water.