How to Buy a Gift for Your Boyfriend
Reasons Behind Buying a Gift
Many times, people like to buy a gift for their loved one, just because they want to express their love or affection and appreciate them and this is indeed a lovely way to bring a smile on, but it is also good to explore your reasons for buying a gift for your boyfriend. Is there a special occasion, a reason for celebration, or just a little nudge to let him know he’s been thought of?
Whatever your reasons are for wanting to get him a gift, think at large about him, his interests, things he may need, review your conversations with him and recall if he’s mentioned something he has been looking for or would love to have. You’d also go over things that would help define his personality more. For instance – if he’s being dull off late and is an avid sci-fi fan, you’d explore gifts that cater to his sci-fi fantasies and would engage him for a long time, or serve best to change his mood in the long run.
Your Choice vs. His Interests
While getting a present that describes him or is of his choice is always a good option to go with, combining that with an element of your personality would be way more special. You can customize the gift by creating an artwork, write a poem, knit a muffler and pair it with his choice of a gift for a beautiful set of personalized gifts.
Presenting the Gift
Buying and gifting is not the only act of love you should take pride in, packaging your gift are equally important! Rather than conventionally wrapping it up with a colored paper or ribbon, or caging it in a box, present your gift more as an experience. With the usual wrapping process, comes the way you present it, you can play the entire bit by hiding his gift and send him on a treasure hunt. Get creative with the unwrapping exercise. You’d also have a bunch of small gifts in comparison to one big one!
Buying Gifts From Ebay
Why Choose eBay for Your Gifting Options?
eBay is a huge online market portal with millions of goods listed at below market value. You have an option of buying things instantly or bidding on them. It is a good idea to compare the pricing of products listed on eBay with their market value, this way you will be in a better position to bid and spot a good deal for the products of your interest.
Use Smart Tips And Tricks to Nab a Good Deal
With most visitors choosing to bid, if you wish to buy something off the site, there’s a whole range of tools and tricks to look for some great deals.
- Zero Bids : There are some tools like zero bids which help detect auctions ending with no bidders or last-minute auction which looks for auctions that may be ending within an hour but cost Rs. 94 or less.
- Listings That Slip Past Others : There are some sellers who make spelling mistakes while listing their products which can be really valuable for buyers! Products that are wrongly spelled attract fewer bids and may have people missing them. For instance, the product Nutribullet could be listed as Nutrabullet and what may normally be perceived as the cost of the product at Rs. 7,000 may really be at Rs. 4,200 or so!
- Hold Your Horses : And finally, if you find something you want to buy, don’t bid on it right away. Increase your chances of winning the auction, by bidding just a few seconds or say 10 seconds before the deadline, leaving no time for other bidders to outrun you! For help with picking up auctions and place them on your behalf, try Gixen.
Strategize Your Buy on eBay
Usually, bidders place their bids with round numbers like Rs. 100 or Rs. 700. However, your chances of winning the auction are increased if you use odd numbers like Rs. 101 or Rs. 702.86. This allows you to win an auction by paying only a few rupees more than your next competitor!
eBay runs wild at some particular times during the day, and you will find more bidders online for every auction. Hence, it’s best to bid when the site is at its lowest best time, increasing your chances to win a bid. Avoid bidding during business hours on weekdays or early evenings. The best time to bid would be late in the night or early in the morning. You can also bid during holidays like Diwali or Christmas, which are comparatively less busy.
10 Cool Gift Ideas For Your Boyfriend From Ebay
Leather Wrist Watch
This chic looking Leather Wrist Watch is made of alloy and stainless steel with a PU leather band and quartz movement. Appropriate for casual wear, it gives off a cool vibe and will surely add to your boyfriend’s style quotient. It has a date display as well and comes boxed in a steel case. It is priced at Rs. 587.
Puma Ferrari SF Keyring & Cardholder
The Puma Ferrari Wallet & Key Ring set comes in a brushed metal case, measuring about 20 x 13 x 3cm and metal badge logo card wallet with the Ferrari logo imprinted on it. The wallet is made of 100% Polyurethane with 6 compartments. The key ring is made of synthetic on the outer surface and measures 4.5 x 6.5 x 0.5 cms (LxWxH). It comes with a key lock with 3 compartments. It is priced at Rs. 3,008.
Gift your boyfriend a classy Bomber Jacket in knit fabric for stylish dressing during nippy evenings! With a rib-knit bomber collar, a two-way full zip in the front and long sleeves with knit cuffs, the jacket has 2 welt pockets with a snap closure and an overlaying inside placket to keep the chill-out. The jacket is made of stretchable material, is water-resistant on the outside and can be machine washed. It comes in different sizes in space-dyed heather gray colour and is priced at Rs. 6,457.
Casual Slim Fit Shirt
Made of high quality cotton blend fabric, this button-front Shirt is designed in the slim fit category for casual dressing. It comes in 5 different colors of navy blue, white-blue, black, white-grey and maroon in a size of your choice. It has a solid pattern and comes with long sleeves. The shirt is priced at Rs. 514.
Travel Thermos Coffee Cup
Now your boyfriend can enjoy his hot cup of tea or coffee on the move! With a stainless steel cup body with an efficient heat insulation function and high durability, this travel thermos can be connected electronically to a car’s heat plug to keep the beverage warm. It has a non-slip design, convenient to carry and the mat at the base of the cup provides anti-skid and heat insulation effects. The thermos comes in silver color, is made of stainless steel and measures 16 x 8.7 x 6.7cm, with a 12V voltage use and a 500ml capacity. It is priced at Rs. 587 at ebay.com.
Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds
The Mini Wireless Bluetooth Stereo In-ear Headset includes a CSR 64110 Bluetooth chip, V: 4.1, and supports HSP / HFP / A2DP / SVRC. The earplug capacity measures 45mAH and charging box capacity is 300mAH. With a talk time of 3 hours and play time of 2.5hr, the earbuds have a standby time of 120 hours. Their transmission distance ranges between 6-10 meters and is IPX4 sweat-proof. They have a quick double-click function for answer/pause/stop mode, press & hold button for 2 seconds to play a song, a real wireless stereo design with superior sound quality. The earbuds are priced at Rs. 1,468.
Harley Davidson Wooden Clock
The Harley Davidson Wooden Wall Clock works on a silent quartz mechanism and is powered by a 1.5V AA battery. It includes an inbuilt wall mount hook. With its unique design, this handcrafted wooden clock represents not only a piece of art but brings with it a piece of history. It measures 12”x12” and comes without batteries. It is priced at Rs. 1,834.
Panasonic ES R10 S Silver Shaver
The Panasonic Silver Shaver is a lightweight and portable device which comes with a floating blade that follows facial contours to provide comfortable shaves. It has a stainless steel external foil and inner blade, with the front and back panels made of aluminum. It measures width 6 × 7.8 × 2.3cm and comes with a cleaning brush. Battery powered by 2 AA alkaline batteries (DC3V) it is ideal for use between business trips and busy travel schedules. It is priced at Rs. 1,394.
GPS Driving Gadget
A universal heads-up display for any car, this is a lightweight device that can mount on the car’s dashboard with a reflective plastic lens. The HUD is compatible with any smartphone and has a flat-screen projection and allows a clear view road without distracting the driver. The screen is made of hardened glass to prevent scratches and the HUD features a 360-degree adjustable rotation system with a special suction cup device, which is sturdy and easy to detach. It is priced at Rs. 7,264. Get this from Ebay.
Photo Taker Gadget Drone
This Foldable Handheld Drone comes with a smart flight planning mode. With its compact size and 3D flips, its swift moves provide quite an interesting aerial spectacle! It has a 6 axis gyro & WIFI transmission system which provides for an easy and secure flight. The LED lights can clearly guide its flight path in the dark and the 480P camera makes for an excellent device for taking pictures and recording videos. It has 4 channels, a controlled distance mechanism of 40m, 3.7V 500mAh LIPO battery. With a charge time of 120mins, it can give up to 7-8mins of flying time. The device measures 13.5 x 16 x 2.5cm unfolded and is priced at Rs. 3,522.
Bonus Tip: How to Have a Fab Relationship with Your Boyfriend!
It takes two to tango! Relationships are all about maintaining the balance between giving and receiving. The law of the Universe applies to relationships also, by virtue of which, with time it should change and evolve as well.
- The Value of Time – The time you both spend with each other isn’t just a routine ask in a relationship, it is all about enjoying each other’s company and also making it worthwhile. Trying new things together, taking trips, playing games, or sharing different experiences would help strengthen your bond.
- The Gift of Appreciation – When you’ve known each other for a while, it is natural that you take each other for granted. Every one values appreciation and likes to know just how much they are adored. So, as the saying goes, ‘do unto others, what you’d like to be done to you’, express your gratitude for even the littlest of things he does for you, notice and acknowledge his dressing style or if he’s wearing a cologne you like, a new haircut he may have gotten done. You’d also bring about healthy changes to your personality, like dressing up in ways he likes, in his favorite colored dress, or wearing a perfume he loves on you, etc.
- Love And Intimacy – When two individuals are involved, over a period of time, the romance, the little nuances of love and closeness vanish into thin air. Being close doesn’t always mean being physically intimate. Expressing your affection is very important to the relationship. Casual touches, like holding his hand, resting your head on his shoulder or kissing him wholeheartedly rather than a quick peck on the cheek and/or snuggling on the couch when watching TV are some things you can initiate to revive the lost connection.
- Playfulness – Keep it simple and light. Being happy and joyful is the mantra to a loving and long-lasting relationship. Keep the element of humor, glee, and innocent fun always alive in your bond. Joking with each other, acting silly or indulging in activities that make you guys laugh and have fun will bring you both closer.
Your Boyfriend Your Guy!
He surprises you with your favorite takeout after an especially draining day at work, fills up your gas tank when you’re running on empty, and cheers you on. So you want to show him how much he means to you. Maybe there’s a holiday right around the corner, or maybe his birthday is coming up. Or maybe he just had a tough week at work, and he could use a little something to boost his spirits. Whatever the occasion, let’s face it: a generic tie and cufflinks set or a convoluted tool he has doesn't want will just signal indifference on your part. So make sure you pay enough attention to the gift you pick for your boyfriend - you don't want to give him the wrong message!