Facts that We Need to Know about Face Scrub
Since the days of tweenhood, we know that scrubs play an essential role in our skincare routine. It smoothes up the skin and makes it glowing. We should know the right facts behind the facial scrubs before using or including it in our skincare regime. Face scrubs should be the thing that instantly brightens and makes skin radiant while gentle enough not to scratch the skin. It should be made as a type of exfoliant which is gentle for skin and not condensed or harsh like body scrubs. Some facial scrubs have tiny gel-like beads that are soft, and they help in removing dead cells without a harshness.
Store Bought and Homemade Face Scrubs: Making the Right Choice
One of the long time debates regarding using face scrub is that if the natural or the artificial product is better for face exfoliation. While we mostly rely on natural skin scrubs, yet some of the unrefined ingredients are damaging to the skin. It is not the right idea just because an element is safe to eat; it will be an excellent option to put it on your skin. Applying raw food products can irritate the skin or lead to allergy. Similarly, not all store-bought products are safe for all skin types. You should use the product, whether it is artificial or natural according to your need and skin type. Both the kind of face scrubs can be a hit or miss, so trial and the error method can be the most practicable option for any skin type.
How to Use Face Scrubs
Correctly using a product is extremely important. We will discuss a few steps on how to use a face scrub in a perfect way for all skin types. A face scrub should be gentle and non-irritating to your skin. When you use a face scrub, your skin should feel youthful, soft, fresh and beautiful. It should reduce acne, clogged pores and other skin problems.
Know when to use a face scrub as you should exfoliate your skin only twice a week depending upon your skin condition.
Dispense only a nickel-sized face scrub in your palm and apply after rinsing your face and keeping it to wet. Remember, less is more when using a product.
If you rub the product in both of your hands before applying, then it will ensure a more even application.
After spreading the face scrub into your hand gently put it in your face. Massage it with gentle strokes in a circular motion
Do not over-scrub it; a maximum of 10 to 15 seconds is enough for the massage. Rinse our face thoroughly with lukewarm water to get rid of all the scrubs.
Try to avoid the eye area as the scrub can irritate inside the eye or the delicate area around it.
Know the Best Face Scrub to Use for Different Skin Type
Most facial scrubs will state all the details in their pack before you buy them. Consider a scrub that is appropriate for your skin type. Make sure about your skin type whether it is dry, oily, normal or sensitive before you choose a scrub. There will be a few commercial scrubs that are perfect for all skin types if you are not sure about your skin. You can always take some guidelines stated below if you still get confused about the different scrubs suitable for your skin type.
- Facial scrubs for dry skin - Commercial facial scrubs for dry skin have alpha or beta hydroxy with plastic beads which do good works. Also, look for ground almonds or cocoa butter which tends to give proper hydration and nourishment to the skin. Mature skin tends to get dry, so the oil in almonds provides essential Vitamins like A and E.
- Facial scrub for oily skin - Facial scrubs made of aluminum oxide, apricot pits, fruits are perfect for oily skins without any other skin ailments. Baking soda and ground rice are also helpful for oily skins to cleanse and exfoliate well without giving any trace of excess oil.
- Facial scrub for sensitive skin - Sensitive skins are supposed to be more delicate and need the right kind of exfoliation. Scrubs made from oat, either store-bought or homemade, can be an effective skin exfoliant, as it has the properties of unclogging pores and soothing irritation. Ground flaxseeds are also useful for sensitive skin for its anti-inflammatory and Omega-3 fatty acid properties.
- Facial scrub for all skin types - Normal skin types without any skin problems has the vast choice to use different face scrubs. Charcoal, coffee or fruit any kind of scrubs can be perfect for normal skin.
Tips and Facts about Using Face Scrubs
- If you have dry skin, you don’t need to experiment with different face scrubs but only consider using it not so often.
- If you have oil or sensitive skin, then look for anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties in your face scrub.
- Always try to massage the cream for a minute only and follow with a good rinse and moisturizer after scrubbing.
- You can also try lemon, papaya paste and sugar mixture which is considered to be one of the best homemade scrubs for smooth and glowing skin.
- Make sure to concentrate on the T-Zone area (forehead, nose and chin) while you give a soft massage, as they are more to acne-related issues.
- People with normal skin can focus on finding a face scrub with high-quality ingredients like menthyl Lactate, Cucumber Extract and Vitamin B3, which will soothe and energize the skin.
- Always try the scrub by massaging on the back of your hand, before applying on your face. It will eliminate the chance of irritation or inflammation.
- Do not mistake the sensation of menthol or peppermint in a face scrub with deep cleaning.
- You can use a face scrub and after a leave-on exfoliant if you love some extra cleaning along with softening benefits.
- If you have problems of inflammatory acne or wart etc. then decide not to use face scrub as it can aggravate the problem.
You definitely do not want to ruin your skin with the wrong application of beauty care products. Any beauty care product should be used with extreme care to get effective and desired results. The aforementioned are the best tips to use facial scrubs to get glowing and clean skin. So, go ahead and now follow these methods for the proper application of the scrubs.