Skin Care and Men: Overlooked No More
We all like to look good and well taken care of be it men or women but to look good you do have to put in some extra efforts. When we are young our skin glows naturally but as we age it starts to lose its brightness. Another reason for dull-looking skin is the amount of stress and pollution it deals with during the day. Taking care of their skin is quite common with women but some of the men are getting inclined towards the fact that they also need to take proper care of their skin to keep it looking young and fresh. There are tons of different products in the market specifically made for men so you don't have to steal your wife's moisturizer anymore.
Men's skin is different than a woman. It is tougher with a protective layer over it which leads to men thinking they don't need to take much care of it but your skin needs the same amount of care as your teeth or hair or even your digestive system needs. If you don't start taking care of your skin in time you will end up looking older than your age which is not attractive at all. We have come up with some tips you can follow each day to get back that youthful skin you had when you were in your teens and if you are in your teens then these tips will help you maintain your glowing skin for a long time.
Tips for Men to Get Glowing Skin
Here are some easy tips that you can follow every day and get your lost glow back. A well groomed man looks presentable and mature so guys don't ignore your skin and get to work
Never Forget Your Sunscreen
Men tend to spend more time in the sun than women due to work or even for leisure. If you are one of those men who like to go fishing or just to ride your bike till you're tired then remember putting on your sunscreen each time you go out. Sun damages your skin and gives you wrinkles. It also ages your skin and makes it look dull. It is important to block those UV rays from damaging your skin therefore always wear a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher. Do not forget to wear it even during the winter when there is not much sun because the UV rays always work.
Always Clean Your Face Before Hitting the Bed
We know all you want to do is sleep after a hard day of work but don't skip your nighttime skincare routine. It is important to remove all the impurities from your face at night to let it breathe freely and repair itself. All the pollution clogs your pores and causes acne which results in damaged and dull skin. Make sure you use a proper cleanser to wash your face and please don't use your sister's or wife's face wash it is not meant for you.
Steer Clear from Harsh Products
There are tons of products available in the market for men but most of them contain a lot of chemicals. These chemicals are very bad for your skin and cause permanent damage in the long run. Determine the type of your skin and buy a product suitable for it. Read the labels and stick to all natural products which can provide the needed care for your skin.
Eat a Healthy Diet
Our body needs a proper diet to stay healthy and so does our skin. What you eat leaves visible marks on your skin. Following an unhealthy lifestyle and eating habits will give you dull and undernourished skin for sure therefore eat a balanced diet. Don't forget to include many fruits and green vegetables in your diet to get radiant skin. If you like to smoke and drink think again. These are toxins that are bad for your health as well as for your skin therefore either quit or control the habit to get healthy skin.
Get Your Beauty Sleep
Do we really need to tell you about the importance of a good night's sleep? We already know that a person needs at least 8 hours of peaceful sleep to stay healthy and fit. Proper sleep is beneficial for your skin as well. When you sleep your skin gets enough time to repair itself and produces collagen which keeps your skin tight and youthful. It gives you that glow you want naturally whereas lack of sleep will give you ugly black patches under your skin. So, turn off your mobile and sleep for glowing skin. Also, try to use a good night cream made for men. They work wonders while we sleep.
Take Your Vitamin C
Vitamin C is a wonder vitamin that is excellent for skincare as well as boosting your immune system. It is important to take your daily dose of vitamin C to provide nourishment to your skin. It instantly brightens your skin and gives it a glow. You can look for products with vitamin C, licorice, mulberry etc for taking care of your skin and see the difference.
Know Your Skin Type
It is important to know your skin type to take proper care of it. We tend to share each other's products which give us no results or even harm our skin. If you want clear and glowing skin you need to figure out your skin type and buy products according to it.
It is also very important to clean your skin to let open up your clogged pores. Exfoliating helps by removing dirt and bacteria from your pores and rejuvenates it. You can use facial scrubs, soft brushes to exfoliate your skin. Be gentle on your skin and use circular motions as it stimulates your blood circulation and gives a natural glow to your skin. It is important to know that you do not need to exfoliate every day, one to twice in a week will do the trick or you might end up with irritated or bruised skin.
Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
Earlier men were ok with that rugged bad boy look but now they know that it is important to look good and presentable. They are becoming more conscious about their looks which is a good thing. There are tons of different products available in the market for men but most of them are packed with chemicals that cause skin issues especially for men with sensitive skin. Here are some home remedies you can use to take care of your skin naturally and get that lost glow back.
- Lemon is a natural cleanser and you can use it to clean your face instead of a face wash. Lemon also works as a bleaching agent and gives you fairer skin. Simply mix equal parts of lemon juice and honey and wash your face with it. Honey will hydrate your skin and make it softer. Apply this mixture to your face for a few minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- You can also use gram flour paste for glowing skin. Mix besan with rose water and some sandalwood powder and make a paste. You can also mix a pinch of turmeric in it which acts as an antibacterial and does wonders for your skin. Apply the paste on your face and leave it for 10 minutes then wash it off with water.
- Honey is good and that is a fact. Taking honey internally or applying it on your face both works well for your health and skin. If you have combination skin or dry skin then you can one tsp of honey and massage it onto your face. Leave it for 10 minutes and wash it off. Try to use raw honey for better results.
- You can also try using Almond. Use almond oil for providing Vitamin E for your skin. Gently massage a few drops of almond oil on your skin. You can also take 10 almonds and grind it to make a paste and apply it on your skin. Scrub it well and wash with milk than water. You will feel your skin softer and glowing instantly.
- We already know that vitamin C is great for skincare therefore drink it and apply it to your skin for glowing skin. Take a pinch of turmeric and add it to 2 tbs of orange juice. Mix well and apply it to your face. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash it off. You can use this remedy almost daily and get glowing skin.
There are a lot of things to take note of so that you can get glowing skin. Nevertheless, all those will be easy, especially when you have infused your routine into your daily lifestyle. Note that getting radiant skin requires diligence. Hence, always remember to observe daily skincare steps and follow the tips above religiously. By doing so, we guarantee you will have glowing skin in no time.