Why Wear a Sports Bra and How to Find the Best One for You
Exercising is fun but it can be a drag for women with heavy breasts. There is a reason why there are different clothes for you to exercise in, your body needs optimum support during exercise including your breasts. Women with heavy breasts often face issues of breast pain due to non-supportive bras therefore it is essential to understand the importance of wearing the right bra during a workout. A good sports bra can make a lot of difference in your performance. There are different types of bras available in the market like compression, encapsulation, criss-cross back, racer back, and pullover bras and this article will help you find the best one as per your need and choice.
- Too much movement of the breast during exercise can bring a lot of pain during and after a workout. Wearing a good bra will make sure that your breast does not jiggle too much during the workout session. A sports bra with full coverage cups gives you maximum coverage and avoids spillage. They distribute the breast tissue evenly and give your back the support they need to make the movements easy for you.
- Breasts are mainly muscle ligaments and can lose shape if not supported properly, they can get droopy and sag. Unsupported breasts often face ligament tears and cause premature shape issues. Sports bras are made to give you the support and stability you need to maintain the breast shape, not to mention the comfort they provide during workouts.
- Don't you hate people staring at your breasts when you work out in a gym? You can avoid that if you wear a well-supporting sports bra. Wearing a sports bra can save you from a lot of embarrassment and avoid incidents like people talking to your boobs rather than you and it fits snugly around the upper torso and holds the breasts in place. A sports bra does not guarantee that guys will stop staring but it will help you feel a little more comfortable for sure.
- Wearing a regular bra during exercise can disrupt your blood circulation due to hooks and elastics. Sports bras are made of fabric that absorbs sweat and increases the airflow to help you stay dry. They also improve mobility, correct your posture, and reduce back and shoulder pain.
- Sports bra does not only give you support but builds your confidence to bend, jump or twist without feeling awkward especially if you have large breasts. These bras are super trendy and stylish and you can wear them as a top too. You can see many women wearing them in malls, cafes and markets with ease plus you can wear them on an everyday basis. They come in bright colours and patterns and you can team them with a low neckline or low armhole tank top and look very cool.
Here are a few reasons for wearing a well-supportive bra, especially for women with heavy breasts.
There are women who are confused as to how to find the right fit when it comes to bras. It is quite easy.
- Get a measuring tape and measure around the breast at the fullest point. Make sure you hold it tight at the back but not too tight in the front.
- Next, measure around the rib cage right under the bust. It should be tight and edge to edge, do not leave any space between the tape and your body.
Padded Sports Bra for Heavy Breasted Women
If you like to wear padded bras then you can go with padded sports bra as well. These are very comfortable and are made to give you full support. Here are a few you can choose from.
1. Enamor Y-Panel Bounce Control
Enamor Y Panel Bounce Control bra is a perfect bra that comes with padded cups. It is made to give you perfect support and life. It has a detachable back strap that converts it into a racer back style bra. The bra provides full coverage and is made of eco-safe fabric that lets your skin breathe and keeps it dry for a long time. This bra is available for Rs. 1,099 at nykaafashion.com.
2. Dermawear Sports Bra
If you are into jogging, running, trekking, gymming, Pilates and Yoga then the Dermawear sports bra can be perfect for you. This is a good bra for women with large breasts as it provides support to the bust. It comes with full bust coverage, and wide straps that do not put all the load on your shoulders. It prevents your bust tissues from damage and has no hooks, eyes or zippers. The bra is made of Elastane and cotton and you can wear it during your workouts or at home with ease. The bra comes in different colours and ranges from size S to 3XL. You can buy it for Rs. 549 from dermawear.co.in.
3. Dilency Sales Sports Bra
Looking for an affordable sports bra? You can check out Dilency Sales Sports Bra which comes in colours like black, green, light pink, orange, and grey and comes in double racer back style. This is a padded bra which makes it wearing under a think tank top very easy. It provides natural shape and comfort to your bust. You can wear this bra through your HIIT sessions or during a simple jog. This super comfortable bra is available on amazon.in for Rs. 410.
4. CHKOKKO Women's Polyester Sports Bra
Chkikko sports bra is another very good and affordable bra for women with large breasts. This bra is made of a combination of Polyester and Spandex which makes it very comfortable. The fabric is ultra soft and breathable. This can be a good bra for women who like to stay fit through jogging, tennis, horse riding, Yoga, etc. Them of the bra is elastic and helps in preventing shocks, the mesh back provides space for your skin to breathe and avoid rashes. You can buy this bra in sizes small to triple X. The triple X bra is available for Rs. 499 on amazon.in.
5. Albatroz Sports Bra – Best Push Up Bras
Women usually like to stay in style be it at a party or in the gym, if you are one of those women then you will like Albatroz push-up sports bra. This bra comes with cross straps to give you maximum support during your run, yoga or while working with weights. The bra looks like a crop top and has full coverage cups. It has a racer-back briolette and is available in black, aqua, pink, white and other colours. You can buy this beautiful yet comfortable sports bra for Rs. 337 from amazon.in.
6. Lovable Energy Tech+-High Impact Sports Bra
Another excellent sports bra you can check out is a Lovable energy high impact sports bra. This can be an excellent choice for women who like to run or do HIIT as this is a high-impact sports bra that gives full support to your bust. It has a power net layer for that extra grip and comes with a bottom band, broad straps and a back closure. It is made of cotton and spandex this is very stretchable. You can wear this bra under your T-shirt without having to worry about the seams showing. You can buy this bra for Rs. 1,299 from lovableindia.in.
7. Bliss Club the Ultimate Comfort Sports Bra
BlissClub sports bra is one of the best in the market for women with heavy breasts. The bra is lightweight and is made with spandex and polyester, the four-way stretch makes it a perfect sports bra for low to medium-impact workouts. It comes with a round neck that gives you complete coverage and support. The wide straps of the bra prevent extra load on your shoulders. You can wear this bra with or without a T-shirt due to its cropped length. This is a great sports bra for women with heavy breasts and is available for Rs. 1,799 at amazon.in.
8. Triumph Triaction Hybrid Sports Bra
The Triumph Triaction Hybrid sports bra is a great choice for women who like to do high-impact activities. This is an ultra-light bra with 4-way stretch fabric to help you move freely. It offers three layers of bounce control and the multi-layer fabric provides maximum airflow to your skin. It keeps your bust supported without adding extra volume to it. The straps are foam padded and are adjustable at the front through slotted loops. The bra comes in sizes up to E cups and is available for Rs. 1,350 on zivame.com.
9. Puma Mid Elastic Padded Bra PM
Puma itself does not need any introduction. Puma has been providing excellent sportswear and it Mid elastic padded bra is one of the best for women with heavy breasts. It is a high-performance bra that comes with shoulder straps with a racer back style. The bra is extremely comfortable yet very stylish. You can wear it during your workout sessions or during a fun night out without worrying about too much bounce to your bust. This bra can be bought for Rs. 1,199 from in.puma.com.
10. Parfait High Impact No Bounce Sports Bra
Parfait High Impact No Bounce Sports Bra is an excellent choice for women with heavy breasts. This is a padded bra with instant dry technology. The bra comes with foam cups and gives you maximum coverage and support. The breathable mesh inserts give your skin room to breathe and the underwire in the bra is for breast separation. The wide elastic under the band is put in for that additional support to your bust. This comfortable bra is available for Rs. 1,839 at zivame.com.
11. Champion Women's Spot Comfort Full-Support Sport Bra
The Champion Women's Spot Sports bra is made to give you the best support for women with heavy breasts. The bra comes with wire-free molded cups to give you that natural shape and support during high-impact workouts. It has a mesh at the neckline, centre and straps to keep your skin dry. Its soft gel-infused straps are made to take the pressure off your shoulders and keep you comfortable during your workout sessions. You can buy this bra in various sizes starting from 34 to 42DD. You can buy this bra in size 42D for Rs. 3,800 from amazon.in.
12. HKMX The All Star Level 2 Sports Bra
This is one of the best sports bras for heavy-breasted women. It is a thinly padded bra that maintains your sexy shape and gives you maximum support while you do high-impact activities. The bra comes in racerback style and is made with a combination of polyamide, polyester and elastane. It comes in different attractive colours. You can wear this bra under a T or without one and exercise in style. This bra is available for Rs. 2,396 on hunkemoller.in.
13. Jockey Womens Solid Padded Non Wired Sports Bra
Jockey is known to provide some of the best innerwear and sportswear garments in the market. If you are looking for a well-branded bra at an affordable price then Women Solid Padded non-wired sports bra can be the right choice for you. This is an ultra-comfortable bra that is light in weight and fits snugly around the bust to avoid any jiggling. It gives maximum support to your bust and back and keeps your skin dry for a long time. It comes in four sizes starting from small to extra large. You can buy it for Rs. 749 from shoppersstop.com.
Sports Bra with Removable Pads for Large Breasts
There are sports bras that come with pads and then there are some which have removable pads. These bras are excellently made and you can choose to wear them as per your need. Here are some sports bras with removable pads you can choose from.
14. Cordaw Zipper in Front Sports Bra
The Cordaw sports bra comes with a zipper in front and is made with a combination of nylon and spandex. I don't have to worry about wrestling with your bra to take it off your sweaty body after a high-impact workout. The front zipper makes it easy to put it on and take it off. It also has two hooks at the top of the zipper for added security. The bra comes with criss-cross back, and wide shoulder straps which makes it very stylish and keeps off the pressure away from your back. This is a wire-free pad with removable pads and you can buy it for Rs. 2,634 from ubuy.co.in.
15.Adidas Believe This Heat.RDY Bra
Adidas itself does not need much of an introduction. You can buy sportswear from Adidas without thinking twice. If you are looking for a well-fitted sports bra for your heavy breasts then you can check out Believe this heat. RDY bra. This is a perfect bra for those summer workouts as it absorbs the sweat and keeps you dry. It comes with a pullover design and has a mesh X back with removable pads. You can wear this bra for low to high-impact workouts and feel comfortable. This bra is available for Rs. 1,440 on adidas.co.in.
16. Brachy Women's Padded Full Coverage
If you like to have the option of wearing a padded or a non-padded bra without having to buy two different ones then you can buy the Brachy Women's padded full coverage sports bra. This bra comes in racerback style with wide shoulder straps to give you maximum support during high-impact workouts. You can easily remove the pads when needed. The bra is made to keep you dry and cool for long periods of time. This bra is available for Rs. 346 on amazon.in.
17. Safecup Curvette Zipped Sports Bra
With moisture wick technology, removable pads and a lower band for additional support our signature Bra is a versatile beast you wouldn’t want to take off. Wide straps and a cropped silhouette add all-round support while the buttery soft fabric ensures comfort and effortless style
From high-intensity workouts in the gym to a leisurely stroll across the park, get yourself a bra to do it all
Curvette’s zipped medium impact sports bra gives you the perfect fit and support without compromising on comfort and ease of wear.
Non Padded Sports Bra for Heavy Breast
Padded bras are very comfortable but not everyone likes them. If you like your bras as old fashioned as they used to be but not compromise with comfort and style then check out the list below.
18. Riza Sports
Riza sports bra is a wonderful bra that you can use for all impact exercises. It comes with an adjustable grip with four slots that you can adjust from normal impact exercises to high-impact ones. This is a non-wired and non-padded bra that will give you maximum support all through the day. The bra is designed with a hook and eye with a cushion effect so avoid digging it into your skin. It is made with fast dry technology which will keep your skin dry. You can buy this bra for Rs. 999 from tryloindia.com.
19. Low Impact Non-Padded Racerback Active Bra
Jockey brings this wonderful non-padded sports bra for women who like to stay active. The bra is made with 92% cotton and 8% lycra and has elastane stretch fabric. This bra is ultra-light and is made to provide maximum support during low sports performances like jogging, running or Yoga. It has a high front coverage and comes with a facer back style with back closure. It is available for Rs. 629 on jockey.in.
20. Mysha Women Sports Non Padded Bra
Another great affordable sports bra for heavy-breasted women is the Mysha non-padded bra. This bra is made from premium quality material, nylon and cotton. The bra comes with seamless cups and has a racer back design to allow you to do a wide range of body movements. the front closure with zipping makes it easy to put on or take it off after your workout. It provides full coverage and is available for Rs. 399 on flipkart.com.
21. Van Heusen Antibacterial Wireless Non Padded Slip on Sports Bra
you can also check out the Van Heusen non-padded slip-on sports bra if you are looking for a branded and affordable bra for yourself. This is a perfect bra that you can wear for yoga, running or other low-impact workouts. It is made with Silpure ultra fresh anti-bacterial technology that keeps your body dry and fresh. This is a slip-on bra for you to easily wear and it provides support to your back while you work out. You can buy it for Rs. 499 from amazon.in.
22. Amante Reversible Non Padded Wirefree Womens's Sports Bra
The Amante reversible non-padded sports bra is perfect for women who want full support during high-impact activities. You can easily choose to reverse the bra to either flaunt its solid colour to change it to textured prints according to your mood. The bra gives maximum support to your lower parts of the neck and improves your posture as well as keeps your breast in place while running. This bra is available for Rs. 1,356 on amazon.in.
23. Nike Swoosh Women's Medium-Support Non-Padded Sports Bra
Women with large breasts often feel uncomfortable exercising in public due to excessive bounce but now you can avoid that with the help of a Nike Swoosh medium support non-padded sports bra. This bra is made with 100% polyester and comes with wide straps and a racer back design. It fits snugly onto your body and provides support to your bust and back. The dry fit technology keeps your body dry and cool during your workout session. You can buy it for Rs. 4,743 on ubuy.co.in.
24. Zelocity Quick Dry Back Open Sports Bra
Another excellent non-padded sports bra is Zelocity quick dry. This is a perfect sports bra for medium-impact activities and is made with ultra-light fabric. The bra has super straps that do not allow you to dig into your skin. The bra comes with black closure. It is made by combining polyester and spandex hence is very comfortable and stretches easily to fit around your bust and avoid any bounce. You can buy it for Rs. 748 from zivame.com.
25. Reebok Women Sports Non Padded Bra
The Reebok non-padded sports bra comes with a hook and eye closure. It comes with wide, seamless straps that provide extra support and you can wear the straps either straight or in a criss-cross style. This bra keeps your bust in place while you run and its fast-drying fabric keeps sweat away from your body for a long time. You can buy this bra for Rs. 2,468 from flipkart.com
26. Sculptresse by Panache
Tired of people staring at your large breasts while you work out? Fret not, Sculptresse by Panache sports bra is made to avoid any awkward moments for you. This bra is made with polyester, polyamide and elastane and comes with a hook and eye closure. It has foam straps to give you comfort and support on your shoulders and you can convert it into a racerback with its J hook in no time. This wonderful bra is available for Rs. 9,687 on ubuy.co.in.
27. Cult Sport Form Fit High Impact Ivy Sports Bra
Cultsport high-impact sports bra is a blessing for women with large breasts. This is a perfect training partner for you that will keep you comfortable during your workout session. Its hidden stabilizer panel provides extra support and keeps the bounce in check. It is made for high-impact activities and comes with a power mesh that allows proper ventilation. You can buy this bra for Rs. 1,319 from cultsport.com.
28. The Ultimate Comfort Sports Bra
The name says it all; this ultimate comfort sports bra is made to give you maximum comfort. This is a perfect bra for people who follow an active lifestyle. The bra is fitted with cropped length to avoid cleavage show and provides high coverage to your bust. Heavy-breasted women can wear this bra during workout sessions or wear it under a T while going out. This comfortable bra is available for Rs. 1,799 on blissclub.com.
29. Rock Paper Scissors Premium
This sports bra by Rock paper scissors is a great workout bra for women with heavy breasts. It can be worn during yoga, jogging, Pilates and other activities. This is a non-padded and non-wired bra with a seamless stitch and double layer at the front to keep you comfortable and provide maximum support. It is made with four-way stretchable polyester lycra fabric which makes it skin friendly. It comes in various sizes starting from XS to 4XL and is available for Rs. 474 on amazon.in.
30. D'chica Girl's Cotton Blend Non-Padded Wire Free Beginners
Let us not forget young girls who like to stay active but feel awkward due to heavy breasts. This D'chica non-padded bra is made for teenagers to provide them with support during their workouts. It is a slip-on bra and is seamless so she can wear it on a day basis under her T. The bra is made of cotton and elastane. It keeps the skin breathing to avoid sweat build-up. You can get this for your daughter for Rs. 439 in a pack of two from amazon.in.
Things to Consider When Buying a Sports Bra
- Sports bra comes in three kinds, compression, encapsulated and combination. Compression bras are for women with small breasts whereas encapsulated bras are perfect for women with heavy breasts. You can go with a combination bra if you are looking for maximum support and proper compression.
- Try to buy a sports bra with adjustable straps as the pullover bras may lose their elasticity after a while.
- Make sure you know your size and do not deny it. Think of how it feels to wear the wrong size shoe, it is not comfortable and the same goes with bras. Wearing the wrong size bra can cause a lot of pain. If your breasts are popping over the top then the bra is small, if your breasts have room to move inside the bra then it is too big.
- You will find cheap sports bras in the market but you get more when you pay more, therefore, do not compromise on the quality of the bra due to its price.
- Check to see if your bra has the moisture-wicking ability. It is important to keep your body dry during a workout. Your bra should be made of fabrics that can keep sweat at bay.
- Try a bra before buying it if you are buying it offline. If you buy it online then make sure the website has a return or exchange policy.
Here are a few things you need to know before buying a perfect sports bra for yourself.
If you want to extend the life of your sports bra, hand washing is the gentlest option. To machine wash them, first place the sports bra in a mesh laundry bag to prevent it from getting tangled with other clothing. For best results, use a cold water setting and wash with a sports cleaner that removes sweat and prolonged odours from your sportswear.