Bangalore: Garden City to Silicon Valley
Bangalore is one of the fastest-growing urban cities in India, which is evident from its bustling pace of growth and development. It is a peaceful city that has successfully managed to blend the old-world charm with some compelling new-age glitz. This has given a new dimension and vibrancy to the city.
Bangalore boasts of lush green parks and roads lined with hedges and trees. Though it may not be the same as it was during the times of yore, it still has a remarkable green expanse. Lalbagh and Cubbon Park are a few of the beautiful nature escape options you have within the city. The old heritage buildings and structures have intermingled perfectly with the skyscrapers that showcase the beautiful modern architecture in this ultra-modern city.
Bangalore is also a major IT hub of the country. Due to the tremendous growth in technological companies, it is known as ‘Silicon Valley of India’. It is also rich in aspects of arts and design. Still, after a full day of fun in the city, you would look forward to unwinding in an accommodation that fits your budget, style and interests. The 10 places to stay that we have listed here is just a beginning to let your imagination fly and enjoy yourself.
5 Factors to Consider While Choosing Your Stay in Bangalore
The location where you want to stay depends on your purpose of visit to the city. With friendly locals, great food and an electrifying pub culture, Bangalore definitely has plenty to cover. If you prefer glitz and glory with great nightlife then Koramangala, Indiranagar or M.G Road would be excellent options. If you want to explore the old neighbourhoods then Ulsoor, Malleswaram and Basavangudi are few amazing options for you.
Hotel rooms are not just for shower and sleep. Whether on a vacation or a business trip, it is a home away from home. So, you need to be comfortable where you stay. You need to check for the amenities the rooms offer like is there a safe, hairdryer, iron/ironing board and most importantly: WIFI. Also, check if the accommodation has restaurant, laundry service, conference room, fitness centre, spa or pool etc.
This is a very important factor to consider while on your trip. Bangalore is known for its notorious traffic, so check whether there is smooth movement of traffic from the hotel to your destination. Check if the hotel provides taxi services. Lack of accessibility can be annoying and ruin your travel experience.
The number of stars the accommodation has clearly indicates its reputation. Also, check for comments and reviews from guests. That will help you a lot while making a decision.
- Value for money
Compare the prices of various hotels before deciding. Does the hotel provide any value-added service, discounts or lucrative offers? Many accommodations these days offer attractive schemes for guests.
10 Awesome Places to Stay in Bangalore
Guhantara Underground Cave Resort
Do you want to escape the hustle-bustle of the city and hibernate in a cave? Well, you do not have to go far away from Bangalore city for this. Guhantara Resort, located about 30 kilometres from the city, gives a unique and relaxing experience to visitors. This exceptional property goes as deep as 30 feet beneath the ground and has fully-furnished suites, coffee lounge, restaurant and a natural pond. Even though the resort is packed with modern amenities, the solace it provides gives visitors a peaceful experience of staying in a cave-like ambience. The amenities at the resort include – SPA, Indoor Games, Rope Activities, Rain Dance, Kids Play Area, Conference Hall, Presentation Room, Party Hall, etc. The hotel has well-established cave style rooms as well, and a stay in these rooms is a rewarding experience, as you are not only close to nature, but also it provides the much-needed tranquillity that everyone needs these days.
Casa Cottage Hotel
This is a Heritage Hotel located in the city centre and is at a walking distance from MG Road and Brigade Road. It is also close to some tourist areas. Built in 1915, this 3-star hotel was meticulously-restored to its glory in 1999. The eclectic blend of colonial charisma, old-world architecture and simple comforts is a great option for those looking for a heritage accommodation. This is one of the pet-friendly hotels in the city, where your four-legged friends can also experience a homely atmosphere. The hotel provides complimentary WiFi, tours and activities, airport shuttle, amazing view of garden and the property is friendly for differently-abled, as well.
Golden Palms Resort
The Golden Palms Hotel is a 5-star property that is known for its excellent landscaped gardens with mesmerising trees and flowers. It has one of the biggest spas in India that sprawls across 75000 Square Feet. It also offers an array of activities to guests including leisure bicycle ride around the property, outdoor activities like water volley ball, badminton tennis and indoor games like chess, billiards, carom, squash etc. The hotel has abundant space for team building activities, making it a great venue for private and corporate events. The well-equipped conference rooms are perfect for social gatherings, conferences, meetings, corporate events and weddings. The marvellously designed hotel is also a hot destination for medical and spa tourism. The spa offers a range of revolutionary therapies that is tailor made to meet the client’s needs. The hotel also boasts of luxurious 132 Deluxe Rooms, two Presidential Suites and 16 Deluxe Suites. The soothing views of gardens from the spacious balconies of these well-appointed rooms is sure to enchant the guests.
This iconic Bangalore Hotel stands tall at the heart of the city. It is located close by to all major attractions like the historic Vidhana Soudha and in close proximity to prominent commercial and business areas like UB City, Manyata Tech Park, MG road etc. Its immediate neighbourhood includes the verdant vast expanse of the Golf Course and the Regal Bangalore Palace. The old-fashioned British grandeur combined with breath-taking luxury, service standards with exquisite interiors, unmatched hospitality, and understated elegance, ITC Windsor has set high standards in the hotel industry. The well-appointed luxurious accommodation meets the needs of every guest. The exotic dining showcases the best International and Indian culinary dishes. ITC Windsor has a clear focus on ‘Wellness’ and offers various healthier options to meet their guests' demands. ‘Kaya Kalp’ Spa provides rejuvenation to body, mind and soul, while ‘Salon Di Wills’ caters to the beauty needs of both men and women. The property has 2 outdoor swimming pools and magnificent meeting rooms and executive halls for weddings and social gatherings. The Tariff for different room types are as follows –
- Executive Club – Single Rs. 17,000 and Double – Rs. 19,000
- Manor Room - Single Rs. 18,500 and Double – Rs. 20,500
- The Towers - Single Rs. 21,000 and Double Rs. 23,000
- ITC One – Single Rs. 27,000 and Double – Rs. 29,000
- Manor Suite – Single and Double Rs. 40,000
- Presidential Suite – Single and Double occupancy Rs. 2,00,000
These rates are exclusive of taxes.
The Leela Palace
Inspired by the architecture of the Vijayanagara empire, this sumptuous hotel is located in the midst of seven acres of exotic garden. The Leela Palace provides the finest amenities like a holistic spa, a fitness centre, hot tubs, an outdoor swimming pool and golf to name a few. The hotel also provides its guests with a mouth watering culinary experience, catering Asian, European, Mediterranean and authentic Indian cuisines. The elegantly furnished rooms feature an LCD TV, a minibar, 24 hour room service and are WiFi equipped. They are categorised as follows -
- Royal Club Suite- The Basic price is Rs. 38,475 per night
- Tower Suite- The Basic price is Rs. 38,475 per night
- Turret Suite – The prices begin at Rs. 58,425 per night
- Executive Suite- The room rate starts at Rs 33,725 per night
- Maharaja Suite- The price is Rs. 237,500 per night
- Royal Suite - The room rate starts at Rs. 142,500 per night
- Royal Club Room- The rate is Rs 19,475 per night
- Royal Premiere Room- Only inclusive of WiFi, the room is Rs. 16,835 per night
- Conservatory Room – The Basic price is Rs. 15,470 per night
If you looking for a Budget Hotel in Bangalore then look no further than Trebo Elmas Hotel. The well-trained and highly motivated staff provide warm and exceptional service. The aim of the Elmas Hotel group is to provide the best comforts and amenities at affordable prices. The property is located within walking distance from the popular Forum Mall. The in-house restaurant offers Buffet Breakfast (both Indian and Continental), Buffet Lunch (North and South Indian) and Dinner (Alacarte with Mughlai, South and Indian Dishes). The rooms are well-equipped with complimentary WiFi, Multi-channel TV, AC, Mini Fridge and Bathtub. The services include 12-noon check-in/check-out, travel desk, and a safe deposit locker.
The Rooms and Tariff are:
- Luxury Room – Single – INR 2499 and Double – INR 2499.
- Executive Room – Single INR 1850 and Double INR 2200.
The taxes are applied to the tariff.
Thyme the Transit
Indiranagar is one of the happening places of Bangalore that is known for its hip vibe, exotic dining and exhilarating nightlife. It is a funky shopping destination that draws a young crowd to its restaurants and craft breweries, located on the 100 ft road. Situated in such a vibrant place, ‘Thyme The Transit’ is a perfect option, whether you are on a holiday or on business. The hotel is located in close proximity to the renowned Someshwara Temple in Halasuru and just two minutes away from the metro station in Indiranagar. The hotel offers well-appointed rooms with complimentary WiFi services, Cable TV, laundry service, room service and a car park. The great location, awesome facilities and friendly staff are some of the reasons why you should stay here.
Angana -The Courtyard
Angana provides an intimate vacationing experience to all its guests. It is designed to emulate an ancestral home with facilities of a resort. It is about 22 kilometres from the Innovative Film city. Bannerghatta National Park, The Art of Living and Thottikallu Falls is also in close vicinity. The cozy rooms in the resort are surrounded by beautiful gardens and each room has a balcony or a veranda. The resort offers several amenities including a swimming pool, an ayurvedic spa, a library, an outdoor badminton court along with WiFi. The complimentary breakfast, as well as lunch and dinner, are served in an open-air restaurant. Angana offers two types of rooms, furnished with south Indian furniture, taking the guests back to a time where life was simpler than it is today.
Silver Oak Farm
If you are seeking a place where you are not bothered about schedules, deadlines, and pressures and want to bask in nature, eat delicious food, trek along the picturesque trails then Silver Oak Farm is the place for you. Located about 60 kilometres from the Bangalore city and merely 30 minutes away from the Kempegowda International Airport, this Eco-friendly farm promises tranquil ambience and clean air with comfortable weather all year round. You can participate in the rustic rural life. You can also explore different places around as it is close to several historical attractions like Tipu Sultan’s Mosque, Nandi Hill Temple, Hyder’s Peak, Devanahalli Fort and Sericulture Units. Guests can indulge in various recreational activities like Indoor games, Bicycle Tours, Farm activity, Bird Watching and Tom Thumb Golf. If you want to experience the life on a farm and want your kids to learn how their food is grown then Silver Oak Farm is a great option. The property offers Family Room with maximum occupancy of 6 and double room with maximum occupancy of 3.
Bannerghatta Nature Camp, Jungle Lodges
Located outside the city of Bangalore, the Bannerghatta Nature Camp is a perfect get away option from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Surrounded by enthralling scenery and a cache of wild life, the guests can take a guided trek, a safari of the Biological park, visit the Bannerghatta zoo, which includes one of Asia’s biggest butterfly parks. The Camp also provides facilities for corporate meetings and seminars with a conference hall that can accommodate 30 people. There are various living facilities available as follows -
- Loghut - The price is Rs 4,972 on weekdays and Rs. 5,779 on weekends
- Chalet (Wodden cottage) - Costs Rs.4,340 on weekdays and Rs. 5,033 on weekends
- Swiss Tent - The price is Rs. 3,482 on weekdays and Rs. 4,024 on weekends
- Executive tented cottage - Rs. 3,527 on weekdays and Rs. 4,077 on weekends
- Deluxe Dormitory - Is priced at Rs. 2,309 on weekdays and Rs. 2,643 on weekends
Interesting Things to Do in And Around Bangalore
- Camping and Kayaking at Ramanagara: Located about 50 kilometres from the city on Bangalore-Mysore Highway, Ramanagara is one of the most sought-after destinations for a weekend getaway. The unique topography, the reserve forest nearby and mesmerising landscape beckons visitors to this camping site. One can also enjoy Kayaking, Rappelling and hiking in this stunning locale.
- Nandi Valley Winery: Located at the foothills of Nandi Hills, the winery is spread over an area of 250 acres. The wine tour helps you understand the process of making wine. You will also get to taste different wines of ‘Kinvah’ brand. All this is just a few kilometres from the city!
- Trekking: If you are bored with shopping, nightlife and sightseeing then how about indulging in some hiking trails? Bangalore has several exciting trekking places in the outskirts within a range of fifty to three-hundred km. Ramanagara, Nandi Hills, Devarayanadurga, Bheemeshwari, Anthargange, Kunti Betta, are some of the thrilling trekking trails that you can explore.
- Jakkur Aerodrome: Jakkur Aerodrome is a perfect location for adventure junkies. Spread over a vast expanse of 214 acres, the airfield provides parasailing activities. You can choose from solo and tandem parasailing, which will give a glimpse of the city. This trip is for one km and is available on weekends.
- Street Shopping: From local markets to street stalls, Bangalore has a lot to offer in terms of shopping at economical prices. Commercial Street, Brigade Road, Phoenix Market City, Jayanagar, Garuda Mall, and MG Road are the ultimate shopping paradises of the city.
Bangalore is a mix of cosmopolitan and traditional culture. The list to visit some of the amazing places in Bengaluru is endless. The locations mentioned above are only a few, which are picked based on their increasing popularity. Therefore, take adequate time to explore what the city has to offer.