Boiled Eggs – A Beneficial Healthy Diet
Boiled eggs are packed with vital nutrients from metabolism-boosting vitamins to muscle-building protein. The fat content in 1 hard-boiled egg is 5 grams and in that less than two grams is saturated. About 10% of the daily-recommended amount of Vitamin D is available in one hard-boiled egg and vitamin D is necessary for calcium absorption.
Packed with 6 g of protein in 1 hard-boiled egg makes it an ideal portable snack post-workout or to pack to the office. Moreover, eggs increase satiety, which helps in weight loss. Overall, eggs are well-rounded nutrient food that one must include in their daily diet.
Compared to other cooking methods, hard-boiling eggs is healthier, as it does not need butter or oil to cook. It is also a convenient cooking method, especially if you have an egg-boiler. Listed in this post are some of the best egg-boilers available in India.
4 Factors to Consider While Buying an Egg Boiler
Egg boilers can cook multiple eggs at a time. We suggest to go with a model that cooks at least 6 eggs at a time. If you are following certain fitness routine, where you have to include more eggs in your diet or you are living in a big family, then double-layer egg boilers will be useful. This will save power, effort and time.
2. Power Consumption
It is important to check the wattage of the egg boiler. Generally, the ideal power consumption is between 200 to 350 Watts. Also, look for an egg-boiler that has automatic shut-down. This feature will not only ensure safety but also reduces power consumption.
3. Lid Material
The lids can either be made of steel or plastic. Plastic lids are transparent and thus, you can look through it. However, you need to ensure that they are non-toxic. On the other hand, steel lid is non-toxic and durable as well. The only drawback is that they are not transparent.
The body of Egg-Boiler is made of either steel or plastic. The stainless-steel egg boilers are durable and non-toxic. Although egg-boilers with plastic body are light in weight, it is not as long-lasting as stainless-steel ones.
10 Best Egg Boilers in India
1. Prestige Egg Boiler
Prestige is one of the most trusted brands in the country. This brand has never failed to bring in products that are innovative and of good quality. The Egg Boiler from Prestige is an addition to a range of kitchen appliances from the brand, which aims to achieve the best-boiled eggs in a short period of time. It has a three-level measuring cup to fill in water based on whether the user needs a soft, medium or hard-boiled egg. The boiler has room to boil seven eggs at a time.
- There is a boiling option of three different modes, hard, medium and soft.
- It contains single touch operation and auto shut down feature.
- High durability due to the stainless-steel body.
- The cover lid is see-through.
- The buzzer indicator helps when indulged in other work.
- Comes with a one-year warranty.
- Weighs almost 1.5 kilograms.
- It is hard to clean and slightly expensive.
- Puncturing off eggs is essential to avoid popping.
The egg-boiler is available on https://balajistore.in for Rs. 1,450.
2. Inalsa Oggi 360-Watt Egg Boiler
Inalsa is a brand that has been quite promising and offers appliances to its customers at an affordable rate. The boiler is efficient with a capacity to hold seven eggs at once and gives perfectly boiled eggs in just 8minutes. The egg tray is detachable so steaming vegetables and other egg dishes can be prepared. The product is safe and has boil dry protection and auto-switch off features. The covering lid is transparent and break-resistant. It also contains a piercing pin and a measuring cup.
- Consumes less power, upto 360 Watt.
- It is easy to use and has a low maintenance cost.
- It is of good quality.
- The product serves multipurpose as it is usable for both steaming vegetables and boiling eggs.
- Calcination is avoided due to the covered heating element.
- Boil dry protection and stainless steel used is food-graded.
- Comes with a one-year warranty.
- Puncturing off eggs is essential to avoid popping.
The product is available on the website www.nirankaricrockery.com for Rs. 1,050.
3. Russell Hobbs Fully Automatic Egg Cooker
Russell Hobbs has a lesser number of service centers and distribution networks, but it is surely one of the best egg boilers in India for its features. The most attractive one of all is that there is no requirement to puncture the eggs, this makes the product stand out from the rest. It is fully automatic and the users have to just turn on the appliance. So, it is easy to use and only requires cleaning periodically. The structure of the appliances consists of a high-quality stainless steel plate and fibre body.
- It has both poaching and boiling of eggs.
- It has automatic turn off feature and consumes only 300 Watt.
- There is no requirement to puncture the eggs.
- It contains boil dry protection.
- It is fully automatic and value for money.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
- There is space to boil only six eggs, which is less compared to the rest on the list.
- Low distribution of service centers.
Available on theelectriconline.com, the price of the egg-boiler is Rs. 1,521.
4. Kent Instant Egg Boiler
Kent is a brand that is well known in the Indian market. This egg boiler has the best technology making it energy efficient. It contains a feature of choosing from three different boiling modes for eggs soft, medium and hard. The user just has to place the eggs, add adequate water and turn on the appliance. It turns off automatically once they are done. So, it is best for office goers and senior citizens as well. The product has a stainless steel body and contains a heating plate with high thermal capacity. It has the capacity to boil four eggs in just 2-3minutes however the total capacity of the appliance is seven eggs at a time.
- It contains three different boiling modes - soft, medium and hard.
- It has one touch operation feature making it easy to operate.
- It has an auto turn off the feature, which is safer and also saves power.
- Low power consumption up to 360 Watt.
- Comes with a one-year warranty.
- The heat management system is inefficient, which results in cracking of eggs during boiling.
Available on kent.co.in, the price of this Egg-Boiler is Rs. 1,800.
5. Goodway Electric Egg Boiler
Goodway technologies have risen to fame not just in India, but also at the international level for the features they offer. It is one of the most affordable egg boilers in the market. It completely eliminates the need to check on eggs every few minutes as it has a buzzer and auto turn off the feature. The heater is of stainless steel and requires only 25ml water. It is lightweight and weighs only up to 500g.
- It is compact and portable.
- It is durable and boils eggs quickly.
- There is an automatic turn off feature, which saves energy.
- Consumes only 200-Watt power.
- There is a buzzer, which indicates when eggs are done.
- There is only space to boil five eggs at a time.
- The cord is small and the water seems to leak out after a while, which makes it challenging to boil the eggs.
The Egg-Boiler is available on snapdeal.com for Rs. 999.
6. Simxen Electric Egg Boiler
Simxen Electric egg boiler has a sleek design. It is compact and lightweight. The measuring cup ensures the right amount of water is added, saving energy and water. The appliance comes with a steaming bowl, water measuring cup and a PP cover. It is available in a wide array of colours to choose from. The plastic is of ABS material and the construction is sturdy.
- It is lightweight and easy to move around.
- It is both affordable and durable.
- It has the capacity to boil 7 eggs in just minutes time.
- It is multipurpose as you can Steam, Poach, Boil, Cook and Fry eggs.
- It has a sleek design and is of premium quality.
- Takes time to start operating.
Available on pocketshoppy.com, the price of this Egg-boiler is Rs. 390.
7. Curiocity Electric Egg Boiler
Curiocity Electric egg boiler is easy to use and best for a family of four. The capacity of this boiler is 7 eggs and has three modes to choose from, soft, medium and hard-boiled. When the water dries up, the auto turn off mechanism kicks in and stops the appliance from working. Soft boiled eggs take as less as 3 - 4minutes to boil. The inner plate of the boiler is stainless steel and the outer cover is plastic.
- It has a sleek design and is affordable.
- It has a multipurpose feature.
- It contains double thermal protection.
- Has one-touch mechanism, so it is simple and easy to use.
- Power consumption of only 350Watt.
- The cover lid is break-resistant.
- The product does not come with a warranty.
- The power cable is short.
The egg-boiler is available on Amazon for Rs. 399.
8. Petrice Electric Egg Boiler
Petrice Electric egg boiler is perfect to make different egg varieties that take only minutes to make. Hence, it is ideal for college students, bachelors, travellers and office goers. The outer body is plastic with an inner non-stick base. The transparent lid lets the user observe the cooking process and takes only up to 8minutes to boil 7 eggs. It also turns off the boiler when the eggs are done and comes with a measuring cup for water.
- It has an auto turn-off feature so saves time.
- You can make omelets, poach eggs and cook eggs in this boiler. You can also use it to make egg custard, steamed bun, etc.
- It is durable, safe and easy to use.
- The heating plate is not sticky.
- Consumes less power.
- It has high thermal efficiency and provides uniform heating.
- The quality of plastic is not good.
- Pan is also quite small.
Available on Amazon, the price of this egg-boiler is around 648.
9. Skyline VTL-6161 7 Egg Boiler
Skyline Egg boiler is compact and lightweight. It is perfect for those who tend to miss breakfast due to busy schedule as it only takes upto 15minutes to boil the eggs. The capacity of the boiler is 7eggs at a time and the stainless-steel plates ensure efficient cooking. There is an indicator light that turns on when the eggs are done. The efficiency and low power consumption go easy on the pocket. It comes in two different colours, black and silver.
- Power consumption is only upto 350Watt.
- It contains signal indicator light.
- The heating plate is stainless.
- There are three cooking modes – soft, medium and hard-boiled.
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
- The power cord is short.
- There is no stainless-steel coating.
- Auto turn off feature is not available.
- Requires puncturing of eggs to avoid popping and the lid is not see-through.
Available on Amazon for Rs. 970.
10. Black and Decker EG200-B5 280-Watt Egg Cooker
Black and Decker is a well-known, established brand in kitchen appliances known for their quality and durability. The product has a multipurpose design and is best for both poaching and boiling eggs. The cover lid is transparent in order to monitor the cooking process. It also has a dry boil protection feature. The cooking rack has space to boil 6eggs and poaching pans for 2eggs. The puncturing of eggs is necessary to avoid the popping of eggs.
- The appliance has dry boil protection.
- Contains auto turn off the feature.
- It comes with a measuring cup along with an egg picker.
- It has a multipurpose design of both boiling and poaching eggs.
- The capacity of the cooker is 6eggs and a poaching pan with 2 eggs.
The Egg Boiler is available on Amazon for Rs. 1,239.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Cleaning your egg boiler is important because any grease or left-over residue will not only affect the egg taste but will also hamper its performance. Before you start cleaning go through the egg-boiler manual. Follow these steps to clean.
- Switch off the appliance and remove the power cord from the socket. Make sure the egg-boiler is completely cooled down.
- Use a moist cloth preferably a microfiber cloth. You can use vinegar or just water to clean. A microfiber cloth will not scratch the egg cooker.
- Once the cleaning is done, allow it to air dry before using it again.
Alternatively, you can wash the steaming trays, lid and egg holder tray with mild detergent and wipe them dry. Egg-boilers are not dishwasher safe as the high temperature will affect the plastic. With regular cleaning, your device will be in good operating condition for several years.
When you are on a tight budget buying used appliances can be a great way to save money, but be careful to be smart while dealing with such things. You can buy appliances from used-appliances store that sells refurbished products with warranties.