Know All about Espresso Coffee Machines
If you are a coffee lover than you must be acquainted with espressos but if you want to know more in detail about the type of coffee drink, then let us talk about it in detail. You must know that there are different types of coffees served in cafes and one of the most favorite of all people around the world in espresso. Espresso coffee is made in an espresso machine. An espresso coffee machine brews coffee by pressurizing water at boiling point through a "puck" of ground coffee and filter. The process gives you a concentrated coffee which is known as espresso. These espresso machines are high in demand now as people are falling in love with espresso day by day but the first espresso machine was built and patented in 1884 by Angelo Moriondo of Truin in Italy.
If you are still not clear on the difference between a normal coffee machine and an espresso then read on. To start with all, types of coffee come from the same coffee bean but it turns out to be different styles of coffee due to the different machines used to make it. Coffee lovers are often stuck in a debate on which coffee is better, espresso or plain coffee but again it all comes down to what you prefer.
Now, let us see the difference between an espresso machine and a coffee maker? When you make coffee in an espresso machine you use fine powder like grind of coffee whereas a plain coffee maker machine requires coarse thick grind. An espresso machine brews and pours a perfect cup of espresso coffee just in 30 seconds and it is perfect each time. There are different types of espresso drinks which includes cappuccino, cafe latte and cafe mocha. So, now that you know a lot about espresso machines and espresso coffee let us look at some of the benefits of drinking an espresso each day.
Why Drink an Espresso Coffee
- It has been observed that drinking an espresso coffee can actually help you with your memory. It retains the information stored in the brain and helps you recall it when needed easily. So, now, when you are preparing for your exam don't forget to drink an espresso while studying, it will help you remember the course better.
- According to a research done in Germany on mice it was observed that drinking four shots of espresso can actually be good for your heart but before that do understand that each person metabolizes coffee differently. Another study in 2011 stays that women who drank coffee every day has less chances of getting a stroke in comparison to women who don't drink coffee but again remember too much coffee can increase your blood pressure. Go, ahead drink an espresso by do it in moderation.
- A cup of espresso instantly boosts your energy and makes it easier for the brain to focus on the tasks in front of you. It provides dopamine to your brain and aids in concentration. So, next time you feel low just have a cup of espresso and see the difference although try not to take it before bed time or else you won't be able to sleep for a while.
- Coffee is also high in antioxidants and since an espresso is highly concentrated it has a lot more antioxidants in it than a normal coffee. It has polyphenols which prevents many diseases and the presence of cafestol is an anti inflammatory. Hydroxycinnamic acids in coffee neutralize free radicals from your body which could be the result of pollution, smoking or UV rays.
- Espresso also helps in keeping you in shape as it increases your metabolism, you can even call it a fat burning supplement. It gives you enough strength and stamina to exercise without getting tired easily. it also stimulates the release of adrenaline as well as regulates food cravings.
- Espresso is also good for your digestion by soothing a bloated stomach.
Top 10 Espresso Coffee Machines for Home that You Can Buy in India
Here is a list of 10 great espresso coffee machines that you can buy for your home this season and enjoy it with your family and friends.
Nespresso Coffee Machine Krups Citiz & Milk
The Nespresso coffee machine is a very stylish device that you can buy for your personal use. It is guaranteed up to 19 bar pressure and gives you a tasty cup of espresso each time. The Krups Citiz and Milk in the machine has an energy-saving mode and the Aeroccino can be used for making hot and cold coffee. You can also make great cappuccino and latte in it and impress your friends. The auto-eject capsule container can store up to 12 capsules in it and the beautiful retro design in bright red enhances the beauty of your kitchen top. You can buy this excellent espresso maker for Rs. 36,999 from Fab Mart.
Tecnora New Classico TCM 107 M Thermoblock Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Coffee Maker
The Tecnora New Classico TCM 107 M Thermoblock Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Coffee Maker is an advanced coffee maker and lets you make excellent espresso right at home. It has a 1,050 Watts power motor which boils efficiently and gives perfect froth for a cappuccino. The machine is lightweight and has a plastic body with an electromagnetic solenoid pump to give you a great flavour in each cup. It is a single head coffee machine with one boiler and the Thermo block switches between two temperatures to brew your coffee. The auto switch-off feature does not allow the machine to overheat or burn your coffee and has a 1.5 litre removable tank to refill easily. This machine is available for Rs. 9,990 on Amazon.
Morphy Richards Coffee Maker Fresco 4C 800W
The next on the list is the Morphy Richards coffee maker. It is a great machine for a small family as it makes 4 cups of coffee at one go. It uses a motor rated 800 watts and the frothing nozzle on the machine gives thick and creamy forth for making excellent espresso. It comes with a two year manufacturer warranty and is available for Rs. 3,999 Reliance Digital.
De'Longhi EC685.R 1350-Watt Espresso Coffee Machine
The De'Longhi Pump Espresso Maker is again a great machine for espresso lovers. The machine is made to mix air, milk and steam perfectly to give you a creamy and frothy cappuccino each time. It has 15 bar pressure to help you make a perfect Italian espresso and the aluminum filter holds one to 2 cups of ground coffee easily. The machine is compact and comes with an on and off button which goes into energy-saving mode automatically if not used for a long time. It comes with one year warranty and is available for Rs. 23,000 on KC Roasters.
Clearline Espresso Coffee & Cappuccino Maker
If you are looking for an affordable espresso coffee maker then you can check out the Clearline espresso coffee and cappuccino maker. It comes with a state of the art Swiss technology and is made with high-quality European components which make it a highly durable machine. The borosilicate jar in the machine is German made and is heat resistant which makes it safe and easy to use. The machine has a capacity of two to four cups of coffee and you can make great espresso or plain tea and coffee in just 5 minutes. This excellent coffee maker is available for Rs. 2,846 Shop Onn.
Skyline VT-7003 Espresso Coffee Maker
Another great and affordable espresso makes is the Skyline VT 7003. It is made with high-quality plastic and is lightweight which makes it easy to carry it with you to your friend's house for a party. This machine uses 750 watts which boils the water immediately and prepares quick coffee. It has filters that you can replace and is very easy to clean it. The handle on the machine is a stay-cool handle and has an auto shut off feature. This wonderful and sleek espresso maker is available for Rs. 2,838 only on Sell TM.
Havells Donato Coffee Maker 800W Espresso / Cappuccino Machine
The Havells Donato Coffee Maker 800W Espresso / Cappuccino Machine is yet again is another great machine for personal use. This is a very stylish machine that would look great on any kitchen top. The carafe of the machine is highly durable and makes up to four cups of coffee at a time. It also has a removable steam nozzle and a drip tray which makes cleaning the machine very easy. It has an aluminum alloy filter holder and you can easily brew perfect coffee as well as tea in the machine. You can buy this machine for Rs. 7,595 from Havells.
Black+Decker BXCM0401IN 4-Cup Espresso & Cappuccino Coffee Maker
This Black+Decker espresso and cappuccino coffee maker comes with a perfect frothing function and a glass carafe. It also has a coffee level indicator to let you know when you need to make another batch of great coffee for your family. It can make four cups of coffee at a time and the compact design of the machine makes it a perfect one for smaller kitchens. You can easily clean the machine as it comes with a removable drip tray and the aluminum boiler makes it a highly durable machine and worth buying. It can be bought for Rs. 3,799 from Amazon.
Sunflame SF-706 600W 4 Cups Espresso Coffee Maker (Black)
Sunflame is a popular and affordable brand when it comes to kitchen appliances and the Sunflame SF 706 is one of its best products. The machine makes up to four cups of coffee and the sleek design of the machine makes it worth buying. The machine also has an anti-drip function which keeps your kitchen clean after making your coffee. The machine comes with one year warranty and can be bought for Rs. 1,339 only from Tata Cliq.
Morphy Richards Kaffeto 1350 W Milk Frother and Coffee Maker
Another great espresso coffee maker from Morphy Richards is the Kaffeto. This is a 3 in 1 coffee maker which makes perfect espresso, latte and cappuccino with excellent froth. You can make coffee all day and throw it in a dishwasher at the end of the day to clean it. The 15 bar pressure gives you rich coffee and has a flow meter and temperature control to make your coffee at the right temperature. It comes with a two year warranty and is available for Rs. 16,196 on Morphy Richards India.
Tips on Buying Espresso Coffee Machine
Here are some tips that can help you in buying a perfect espresso machine for home.
- A good espresso coffee maker should be able to make coffee all day without any hassles but if you go for a cheap and non branded machine it will break down easily. Always check to see the durability of the machine you buy. Look for how much coffee beans it can hold and if it has an external grinder with it. Your machine should also have a water tank and check about how many cups of coffee it makes at a time. You do not want to waste your day in making one cup at a time.
- Pay attention to the grinding capacity of an espresso maker. You can find two types of espresso machine, a built in grinder or with a separate grinder. Machines with a built in grinder are more expensive and if you like to brew many cups at a time then always get a higher capacity grinder to save time.
- You espresso maker should be easy to use. You can find many models which many features but difficult to use therefore it is better to buy an automated machine. There are machines which make great cappuccinos with just one press of a button. Find a machine which is easy for you and your family members to use.
- You also would not want to spend a lot of time in cleaning your machine after drinking great coffee. Learn to clean it before you buy it and if it is a hassle don't buy it. Machines with more features and components will be harder to clean so choose wisely.
- Espresso machines come in various sizes therefore always check to see if it is small or large enough for your kitchen. A bigger machine can brew two espresso shots at a time but if it is too big for your kitchen then you should avoid buying it.
- Buy a machine which comes with a customer service and has warranty as well. Most of the brand now give warrant with machines and have good customer services but it is recommended to make sure before you buy it.
- Most of these machines can make around eight cups of espresso at a time but if you need more then check the tank size of the machine. High end machines can be connected with water source like your fridge or a water dispenser but these are mostly commercial machines. 8. Most of the machines make lattes, cappuccinos and macchiato but a drink without perfect froth is no good. Don't go for cheap machines as they do not give proper froth which obviously is very important.
The Best Espresso Coffee Machines for Home Use
Having an espresso machine makes it easy to brew the beverage when desired. You won't have to go to any cafeteria simply to order coffee, you can make it as desired. Some of the espresso machines listed can also help you make a latte or mocha easily. By now you probably have a good idea of what an espresso machine is and what are the benefits of drinking espresso coffee. You will have also gained insight in what considerations to make when it comes to buying an espresso machine.