How to Exfoliate Your Face with Natural Ingredients?
Dead skin accumulates on the body each day due to the shedding of skin. The built-up dead skin blocks the pores and leads to skin conditions such as acne. To remove the dead skin from the face, it is necessary to exfoliate the skin routinely to remove them. One can use natural ingredients to remove the dead skin from building up. Exfoliating the skin cleanses it deeply to remove the grime and dirt from the pores. Moreover, routine exfoliation brightens your complexion, removes dullness, pigmentation, and uneven appearance.
Why Make a Homemade Scrub?
Numerous ingredients available easily in the kitchen can work magic on the skin. Ingredients you use daily such as coffee, oats, sugar, and salt can be used for exfoliating your skin. These ingredients are cost-effective and regularly available at home. Thus, you can mix and match the ingredients to make your very own DIY scrub at home. Scrubs bought from stores are loaded with chemicals and microbeads that are harmful to the skin. Also, microbeads are not dissolved by water and are discharged into water bodies. Thus, they are harmful to the skin and the environment as well. Usually, homemade scrubs are made by combining a dry ingredient with an oil or wet ingredients for easy application. Finally, scrubs made from natural ingredients are skin-friendly and also easy to use.
Fantastic Ingredients that Can Be Used for Making a Homemade Face Scrub
Here is a list of ingredients that can be used for making your DIY scrub from the comfort of your home.
- Oatmeal – A gentle exfoliator that absorbs oil and eliminates the dead skin from the sea. It is perfect for people suffering from eczema and sensitive skin.
- Rice flour – A gritty scrub that removes the dead skin and also brightens the face.
- Baking soda – A natural and cheap exfoliator that is gentle on the skin and perfect for people suffering from sensitive skin.
- Sugar – Sugar contains glycolic acid that breaks down dead skin and also brightens dull skin.
- Lemon – Contains alpha hydroxy acid that eliminates skin dullness and brightens it. One can mix lemon juice with sugar or salt and use it as a face scrub.
- Coffee – A perfect product for removing cellulite, fine lines, and wrinkles from the skin.
- Almonds – Rich in nutrients, you can use almond meal to remove the dead skin from the face.
- Salt – A strong exfoliator that effectively removes dead skin and dirt from the pores. However, people with sensitive skin must avoid it due to its hardness.
- Honey – An anti-microbial agent that cleanses the skin gently and also moisturizes it to make it soft and supple.
- Coconut – Rich in fatty acids and natural fats, people with dry skin can add sugar, salt, or oats to it to make their very own skin exfoliator.
Best Homemade Face Scrub to Add to Your Skincare Routine
Here is a list of the best homemade face scrubs that you can make using natural ingredients that are available in your home.
1. Banana & Oats Face Scrub
Oats is an excellent natural exfoliator while banana is rich in potassium and anti-oxidants that brightens your skin and cleanses it.
- Banana -1/2
- Grounded oats – 3 tablespoons
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Step 1 – In a medium-size bowl take ½ piece of peeled banana and mash it without any lumps.
- Step 2 – Then add 3 tablespoons of ground oats to it.
- Step 3 – And at last add 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Step 4 – Mix all the added ingredients until they combine.
- Step 5 – Apply the scrub on the face and leave it for 5mins.
- Step 6 – After sometime rub it with your hands in a circular motion to remove all the dead skins in your face.
- Step 7 – Then rinse it off with cold water.
2. Rice Face Scrub
Before all the fancy ingredients were used to make scrubs, people in India used ground rice mixed with water to make an instant face scrub to remove dead skin.
- White rice - ¼ cup
- Water - 2 tablespoons
- Step 1-First take a quarter cup of white rice and put it in the pestle and, mash until it turns into a powder.
- Step 2 - Take a glass jar and pour the powdered rice flour into it.
- Step 3 - Then take some of the rice flour and mix it with a little drop of water.
- Step 4 - Apply the scrub to the face and rub slowly with your hands to remove dead skin
- Step 5 - Let it remain for 10 mins and wash it off gently with warm water.
3. Honey & Sugar Face Scrub
A gentle and moisturizing face scrub that moisturizes the face while removing dead skin.
- Honey – 3 tablespoon
- Sugar – 8 tablespoon
- Coconut oil – 3 tablespoon
- Lemon – 2 pieces
- Step 1 – In a small bowl add 8 tablespoons of sugar and add 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, Mix it well with a teaspoon.
- Step 2 – Then put 3 tablespoons of honey in it.
- Step 3 – And at the last add 2 pieces of lemon, mix well until it combines with all.
- Step 4 – Apply it on the face and rub for 5 to 10 minutes to get glowing and smooth skin.
- Step 5 – And rinse it off with warm water.
- Step 6 – Use this 3-4 times a week to get the best results.
4. Turmeric Face Scrub
A natural face scrub that is made from turmeric, sugar, almond oil, vitamin E, and lemon juice. The face scrub will provide a golden glow to your face.
- Granulated Sugar – 1 cup
- Turmeric Powder – 2 tablespoon
- Almond oil – ¼ teaspoon
- Vitamin E – 8 to 10 drops
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
- Step 1 – In a small ceramic bowl put 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Step 2 – Then add 2 tablespoons of Turmeric powder and put ¼ teaspoon of almond oil.
- Step 3 – Add 8 to 10 drops of vitamin E, at last, add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice in it.
- Step 4 – Stir the mixture until it blends.
- Step 5 – Apply it on the face and wait until it gets dry and wash it off with warm water.
5. Coffee Face Scrub
A natural face scrub that eliminates dead skin, cellulite, and fine lines from your face with regular use.
- Coffee powder –2 tablespoon
- Sugar – 2 tablespoon
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoon
- Step 1 – In a small bowl put 2 tablespoons of coffee powder.
- Step 2 – Then add 2 tablespoons of sugar to it.
- Step 3 – Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to it.
- Step 4 –Stir the mixture until it combines with all.
- Step 5 – Apply it all over the face and scrub with your hands for 3 to 4 minutes to remove all the dead skins and black patches.
- Step 6 – Remove it with a wet towel and then rinse it off with warm water.
6. Chocolate Face Scrub
A luxurious face scrub that is made with the goodness of cocoa powder, oats, and coconut oil.
- Powdered oats – 3 tablespoons
- Cocoa powder – 1/3 cup
- Virgin coconut oil – 2 tablespoons
- Honey – ¼ cups
- Coconut Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Step 1 – In a sterilized hermetic jar add 3 tablespoons of powdered oats.
- Step 2 – And add 1/3 cup of cocoa powder and mix it with 2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil.
- Step 3 –Put ¼ cups of Honey in it.
- Step 4 – At last add 1/3 cup of coconut sugar, stir it well until it blends with everything.
- Step 5 –Put some oil in the palm and take some of the mixtures and add a little water and apply it all over the face and wash it off with water.
7. Oatmeal Face Scrub
A gentle face scrub that is made of oatmeal, milk, and honey. It gently cleanses and moisturizes the skin while eliminating dullness.
- Powdered oatmeal –1 cup
- Milk –2 teaspoon
- Honey – 2 teaspoon
- Step 1 – In a bowl add 1 cup of oatmeal.
- Step 2 – Add 2 teaspoons of milk to it.
- Step 3 –Put 2 teaspoons of honey and stir it well.
- Step 4 – Then apply it over the face and rub it for 5 minutes.
- Step 5 –Wait for 10 minutes and wash it off with warm water.
8. Pink Salt & Coconut Oil Scrub
A perfect scrub for people suffering from dry skin. The face scrub is gentle and moisturizes the skin from within.
- Himalayan pink salt –1 cup
- Coconut oil – ½ cup
- Sterilized hermetic jar
- Step 1 –First grind the Himalayan pink salt and keep it in a bowl.
- Step 2 – Take a sterilized hermetic jar and add the powdered Himalayan pink salt.
- Step 3 – Then add ½ cup of coconut oil to it.
- Step 4 –Stir it until it becomes even together.
- Step 5 – Then scrub it on your face and rinse it off with warm water.
9. Walnut Face Scrub
A unique face scrub made from the goodness of powdered walnut, watermelon seeds, brown sugar, and honey.
- Powdered walnut – 1 cup
- Watermelon seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Brown sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Honey – 1 ½ tablespoon
- Step 1 – In a bowl add 1 cup of powdered walnut.
- Step 2 – And add 1 tablespoon of watermelon seeds.
- Step 3 –Put 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Step 4 – Then add 1 ½ tablespoon of honey and mix it well.
- Step 5 –Put a little drop of water in your face then add the scrub and rub it for 5 minutes, to remove all the dirt and oil in the face.
10. Flower Face Scrub
A luxurious face scrub made with the goodness of flowers. The scrub is made by mixing dried lavender buds, sea salt, almond oil, and coconut oil, lavender, and lemon essential oil. Apart from the goodness of natural ingredients, the scrub smells heavenly and relaxes your mind
- Dried lavender buds – 1 tablespoon
- Coarse sea salt –1 cup
- Coconut oil – ¼ cup
- Sweet almond oil – ¼ cup
- Lavender essential oil – 5 to 6 drops
- Lemongrass essential oil –20 drops
- Step 1 – In a bowl grind 1 tablespoon of dried lavender bud.
- Step 2 – Take a cup and put 1 cup of coarse sea salt and add the lavender powder.
- Step 3 –Put ¼ cup of sweet almond oil and ¼ cup of coconut oil.
- Step 4 – Then add 5 to 6 drops of lavender essential oil and 20 drops of lemongrass essential oil, stir it well until it blends.
- Step 5 –Store it in a small container and use it for 3 months.
11. Aloe Vera Gel Scrub
A gentle scrub that is made with the goodness of aloe vera, vegetable glycerine, jojoba, and other natural ingredients.
- Aloe fragrance oil – 10 drops
- Xanthan Gum –1 tablespoon
- Vegetable glycerine – ¼ cup
- Jojoba beads – 3 tablespoon
- Distilled water – ¼ cup
- Aloe vera powder – 4 teaspoon
- Preservative – 10 drops
- Step 1 – In a glass bowl add 10 drops of Aloe fragrance oil.
- Step 2 – In a small Xanthan gum contained container add ¼ cup of vegetable glycerine.
- Step 3 – Mix the Aloe fragrance oil and mixed vegetable glycerine.
- Step 4 – In ¼ cup of distilled water add 3 tablespoons of jojoba beads.
- Step 5 – Mix the jojoba beads in the vegetable glycerine mixture and stir it gently.
- Step 6 – In a glass add 4 teaspoons of aloe vera powder add 10 drops of preservative.
- Step 7 – Mix the preservative into the vegetable glycerine mixture and stir it until all blends together, stain it in a spray bottle.
Bonus: Nourishing Face Scrub Bars
Make your very own nourishing DIY face scrub bars by using sugar, rose petals, coconut oil, and rosewater.
- Powdered sugar – ¾ cup
- Dried rose petals – ¼ cup
- Coconut oil – ¼ cup
- Rosewater – 1 ½ tablespoon
- Soap base – ¾ cup
- Step 1 – In a bowl put ¾ cup of powdered sugar and add ¼ cup of dried petals.
- Step 2 – Then add ¼ cup of coconut oil in it.
- Step 3 – Add 1 ½ tablespoon of rose water.
- Step 4 – At last add ¾ cup of soap base and stir it well until it blends with all the mixture.
- Step 5 –Pour the mixture in a soap dye and keep it for one whole day, And the Nourishing sugar soap bar is ready to use.
Let the Skin Relax
After exfoliating, the skin is more sensitive than usual. This is why it’s important to give it time to recover, by allowing it to calm and repair itself. Applying sunscreen becomes all the more important especially after exfoliating due to the highly sensitive state the skin is left in.